STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Great Britain | Defence Procurement, RAF

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
"The United States may make a lot of people nervous, but your bullish tactics and diplomatic pressure is somewhat unattractive, Glass. However, this is something to expect from the American strategic culture; Expectations on others to subordinate their interests to U.S preferences. Well, perhaps our conversation will serve as a collective wake-up call to save you from your unknowing ignorance. We are not here to negotiate on equal terms and there will be no progress forthcoming. Sparrow will continue to possess Lockheed Martin and will not accede to any demands. I am absolutely astounded by the nature of misguided, testosterone driven secretaries like you" — Steve was furious over the blinkered attitude of John Glass as he communicated privately with his colleagues.

Private "Sir, the American is agitated. If we don't bow to his recommendations, the President may not sign the disclosure agreement"
"Hah! Fucking tosser. Clinton was the same when we denied him Lockheed a couple years ago. Well, it won't harm us" Steve would resume the call.

Odinson Jamie Connor

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"The United States may make a lot of people nervous, but your bullish tactics and diplomatic pressure is somewhat unattractive, Glass. However, this is something to expect from the American strategic culture; Expectations on others to subordinate their interests to U.S preferences. Well, perhaps our conversation will serve as a collective wake-up call to save you from your unknowing ignorance. We are not here to negotiate on equal terms and there will be no progress forthcoming. Sparrow will continue to possess Lockheed Martin and will not accede to any demands. I am absolutely astounded by the nature of misguided, testosterone driven secretaries like you" — Steve was furious over the blinkered attitude of John Glass as he communicated privately with his colleagues.

Private "Sir, the American is agitated. If we don't bow to his recommendations, the President may not sign the disclosure agreement"
"Hah! Fucking tosser. Clinton was the same when we denied him Lockheed a couple years ago. Well, it won't harm us" Steve would resume the call.

Odinson Jamie Connor

The Acting-Secretary of Defense, and the CIA Director, both looked at each other with raised eyebrows, and then back at the encrypted landline that was sitting on the desk before them. What had so far been a very civil conversation, suddenly transitioned into a level of unprofessional hostility that neither Acting-Secretary Glass nor Director Gray were exactly prepared for. Gray was a very direct and, in person, threatening individual - there was a reason he worked the CIA and not the State Department. Therefore, the Acting-Secretary decided that maybe it would be better if he responded instead.

"Mister Nicholas, I regret if I made you feel uncomfortable, but I think you may have misunderstood what I said. We're not trying to acquire all of Lockheed Martin or prevent Sparrow Industries from selling all of Lockheed's products. We're simply interested in a few aircraft that Skunkworks, a specialized... 'subsidiary' of Lockheed, has made. Since Sparrow was more than willing to make this deal with Britain, we thought that you'd be open to cooperating with the American government, and either add 3 or 4 other aircraft to this deal, or outright sell Skunkworks to us. I don't recall at any point demanding that Lockheed Martin be taken from Sparrow Industries. We're simply trying to make a deal here that multiple parties can benefit from - I would have thought that you, as a businessman, would at least be willing to hear us out and consider our offer, instead of insulting us.... I'd still like to make a deal," he said, leaving it up to Sparrow to decide how they moved forward.
Hollie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
The British Delegate looked confused, fortunately his expressions remained out of sight due to them been on a call. Sighing, he perked up. "I would like to get this meeting back on track with the U-2 if possible. If the US has more to say regarding additional items, I believe further discussion will be required between the US and Sparrow.
Can all parties here confirm if they will be signing the agreement? I would just like to add that if the US President doesn't sign it due to the dispute with Sparrow, it only means that the US won't have access to the U-2 so I fail to see the benefits of not signing it. The US, and Sweden were both invited for the purpose of working together, ensuring the U-2 is restricted to a small tier of countries and Sparrow have gracefully been happy with the discussions surrounding the Dragon Lady."

Hollie Odinson Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I think the restrictions presented for the U-2 to exclusively be operated by Britain, Sweden and the United States fits our national security model and is a great step to building a relationship between our nations with a common goal - of course with the willing support of Sparrow Industries to protect our interests. I can confirm that Sweden will be signing the agreement as presented."

Jamie

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"One moment," Acting-Secretary Glass said. He put the phone in mute, and conversed with Director Gray for maybe thirty seconds, before unmuting the phone and coming back. "The United States will sign, but we would need one addition to be made to Article IV. I'll send a copy of the section we are addressing, with the present wording in white, and the addition we make in blue," he said.

A secure document was indeed quickly sent to the involved parties which had the following written on it:

Article IV, Administration

Any member may withdraw from the treaty, but this will give up their rights to be part of the U-2 program and maintenance licenses will be cut off.

For any country outside of this agreement that attempts to buy the U-2 Spyplane, Sparrow Industries, in return for refusing the product, will have the cost covered for the amount of U-2 Spyplanes as requested by the 3rd party. Ensuring that due to this agreement, they do not make a loss of sales.
However, the United States will no longer be held to this financial obligation if it obtains 50% control, or a controlling interest, of Lockheed Martin.

"If that change can be made, we can obtain a signature from the President before midnight, presuming he has no objections of course," Acting-Secretary Glass noted.
Jamie Hollie Connor

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
"We used the term Lockheed, as you're trying to acquire a stake in a division that is exclusively owned by Lockheed Martin. You stipulated to us, you wouldn't sign the disclosure agreement if we couldn't reach settlement. This seemed fairly juvenile when you were invited to this conversation as a matter of course. You must realise you're not a detrimental factor to the success of this program; not currently. However, I am pleased to learn you've had a change of heart. We have two orders outstanding for the Blackbird, which is on your list to secure. Will the United States be covering the cost of these orders? We do not expect the British, nor Swedish Government to assist with this. After all, their interest lies and ends with the U-2 Dragonlady." — Steve would converse with his colleague in a private fashion, before resuming the call. "Sparrow does not oppose the amendment by the Acting Secretary. However, I have a question about Article IV when the eventual 50% remaining stake in Lockheed is obtained. What is stopping the United States from withdrawing and selling this product once they have an equal share? The same reservations could be said for us. We strongly recommend a clause wherein the intellectual and property rights of the U-2 Dragonlady are transferred to the remaining members."

Jamie Odinson Connor

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"I would be happy to add a clause if all parties are happy to ensure the property rights remain specifically for the parties involved?"

Odinson Connor Hollie

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I am happy with the amendment on the basis 'United States' is changed to 'any remaining signatory' - on the basis that should any of acquire a 50% stake in Lockheed Martin we should be afforded the same financial arrangement... after all it is a private organisation and the agreement should be equal to all signatories to limit legal mis-interpretation."

Odinson Jamie Hollie

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"I think I understand what our Swedish colleague has said. Maybe this wording would be more appropriate...

Article IV, Administration

Any member may withdraw from the treaty, but this will give up their rights to be part of the U-2 program and maintenance licenses will be cut off.

For any country outside of this agreement that attempts to buy the U-2 Spyplane, Sparrow Industries, in return for refusing the product, will have the cost covered for the amount of U-2 Spyplanes as requested by the 3rd party. Ensuring that due to this agreement, they do not make a loss of sales.
However, a signing-member of this treaty will no longer be held to this financial obligation if it obtains 50% control, or a controlling interest, of Lockheed Martin.

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Rights to be part of the U-2 program is different to having ownership of the product. To verify, here is the proposed amendment we would like to add which I believe covers all grounds:

If a member of the agreement:
a) Withdraws from said agreement;
b) Breaches or attempts to breach the agreement;
c) Sells a share of the product (or) sells some or all shares of a company that would grant that stockholder access to the product;
then the intellectual and property rights that member has over the U-2 will be terminated and distributed to members of the agreement, additionally, this will give up their rights to be part of the U-2 program and maintenance licenses will be cut off.

This will ensure the security of the agreement, for example, if Sparrow Industries pulled out, the U-2 property rights will be distributed between the existing members.
We believe this covers both the United States' concerns and Sparrows.

I would add.." there was a pause, it was an easier alternative, "We will change the clause for covering a loss of sale that Britain will cover the cost of Sparrow refusing the sale of the products."

Updated Agreement

Odinson Connor Hollie

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Sweden is happy to pay an equal portion of any loss of sale suffered by Sparrow Industries, I believe Sweden as a primary user of this equipment has a responsibility to contribute to repercussions suffered by the vendor - I also agree with the further amendments made."

Jamie Odinson Hollie

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"We would also be happy to pay our fair share until a time comes - if that time ever comes - where the United States may be in ownership of half of the stock, as I said previously," Acting-Secretary Glass said.

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
"Sparrow will agree to the new terms expressed by the British delegate. Alexander is in the process of reviewing our confidentiality protocols to ensure we stay compliant and cooperative. Unless we have anything else to discuss relevant to the U-2, I will be addressing the United States on matters extending to the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird and F-117 Nighthawk. It is obvious these two aircraft are of grave importance." — Signed agreement

Jamie Odinson Connor

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Okay then. We will recommend to President Gore that he signs the treaty. Please keep in mind, of course, that the Senate needs to approve the treaty before it becomes binding for us, but I don't see any problem with that happening," Acting-Secretary Glass said on the call.

After the Call, President Gore would sign the treaty and send it back to the respective parties, securely, while a copy was of course kept for internal government records.

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"If possible, could the Swedish Delegate please sign.
In the meantime, please could you advise when the President may be able to sign it off? As you can imagine, this is time sensitive due to the nature of the agreement and will be on hold until the US is able to sign?"

Odinson Connor

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"After we end this phone call, we will head straight to the White House and ask the President to sign it. I imagine we can get a signed copy to you in two hours," Acting-Secretary Glass said.
Jamie

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Sweden would too sign the agreement and return it via encrypted means to the relevant parties.

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Perfect, thank you. With that signed, it just needs the US' signature which we will hopefully receive after this call. Unless anyone has anything else to add, I believe that concludes this."

Connor Odinson Hollie

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Fantastic, we'll get it to the President right away," Acting-Secretary Glass said. If there was nothing else to discuss, he would hang up the phone. He and the CIA Director would secure the President's signature within seven hours, and securely send a copy of the document back to the British and other members. A week after this, a closed session of the Senate ratified the treaty. These proceedings were kept secret, and the Senators were informed that this was Top Secret and not to be shared with the public. It was indeed kept secret. The United States was now fully in the treaty. The U.S. awaited confirmation that the other members had signed AND ratified the treaty.
Jamie Connor Hollie

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
Steve Nichols quickly held onto the call, addressing the U.S Acting Secretary who was certain to make his day difficult. "Will you be proposing anything for Skunkwork Projects or can we continue to sell these items without concern? We have a number of prospective buyers showing interest in the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird and F-117 Nighthawk, who are eagerly waiting for updates from our executives. This is a time sensitive matter and we do not want to keep our clientele waiting for very much longer."

Odinson

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear