STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Korea | Communications with Russia

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

2560px-Flag_of_the_Government_of_the_Republic_of_Korea.png

1280px-Emblem_of_South_Korea.png

2560px-Flag_of_South_Korea.png

To: Russian Ministry of Defense < Alex >

Subject: [CONFIDENTIAL] ROK Missile Defense Program

Security: Private and encrypted Protected by the NIS and MoFA DPB
Dear Minister Igor Sergeyev,

I hope this email finds you well. I am emailing you to discuss a matter of sensitive importance, as the ROK develops its armed forces a significant gap in our aerial defense systems has become apparent following a series of exercises. We are hoping to discuss procuring Russian S-400 air/missile defense systems as well as being able to co-develop a domestic Korean anti-ballistic missile defense system with Russian technology for future service with the ROK Armed Forces.

As you know, such matters are sensitive in nature and we hope we can discuss these matters privately. Additionally, we hope that we can get an initial export cost for either the S-400 as well as information if better variants of the unit exist. We look forward discussing the possibilities of cooperation on future projects as well as the security situation in North Asia, the East Sea, and the wider pacific region. We also look forward to a favorable agreement that is fair to both sides and can boost cooperation. Which while we discuss potential arms sales, I am sure that our foreign affairs ministers can discuss closer cooperation and expansion of relations.

Signed with sincerity,
Park Hyun-jin
Minister of National Defense
Republic of Korea

Republic of Korea
Ministry of National Defense
All information is protected from release by the Diplomatic Communications Security Act 1997
Authorized viewing is limited to those directly emailed, cc'd, and bcc'd​

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
1920px-Middle_emblem_of_the_Ministry_of_Defence_of_the_Russian_Federation_%2821.07.2003-present%29.svg.png

Ministry of Defence
Message to the Republic of Korea
Private & Encrypted

To: Minister of National Defense, Park Hyun-jin

Dear Minister Park,

I would first like to congratulate your government in unifying with North Korea, it has been a long time coming.

We would be willing to sell your government the S-400 "Triumf" long-range surface-to-air missile system. Russia charges a 20% to all military exports, which would bring the price of each S-400 battery to a total of 600,000,000.00$. Each battery comes with the following: 1 55K6E Self-Propelled Command Post, 1 1T12M2 Site Survey Vehicle, 1 92N6E Grave Stone Radar, 1 91N6E Big Bird Acquisition Radar, 1 96L6E Acquisition Radar, 4 S-400 Launchers, 22T6-2/22T6E2 Transloader, 1 5I57 200 kW Generator, 2 Main Grid Power Converters (and other optional vehicles). As of now, no other variant of the S-400 system is available for export.

We would certainly be interested in working alongside the Korean government in military aspects, alongside potentially working towards co-developing an anti-ballistic missile defense system. However, in the mean time I could point you towards the S-300V and the S-300PMU-2 surface-to-air missile systems which have been optimized to counter ballistic missiles. The S-300V system would cost 186,750,000.00$ and the S-300PMU-2 system would cost 150,000,000.00$.

Kindest Regards,
Igor Sergeyev
Minister of Defence
Russian Federation

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

Thank you for your quick response. The reunification of our people was a wonderful event, and I am always thankful to God for being alive to see it. While the challenges poised by a new and large border, and future security threat grows, there is nothing the Korean people can not overcome. I do believe that I must extend our cordial wishes now that we are neighbors. I know our two governments will be eager to discuss a number of items and to boost security cooperation in Northern Asia.

With regards to the S-400 System, we like to purchase 10 batteries in total. The S-400 is the asset of primary interest to our armed forces, we've had experience with the PAC-3 Patriot and believe the S-400 would be much more accommodating to our needs. If I understand correctly, the total price for 10 batteries would be $6 billion. In this regard, due to financial constraints we are limited in our ability to make any payments. I do have a number of proposals, none which we would take offense if you rejected. We do have the facilities to produce S-400s in the South of the country. We would be willing to produce an order for your government for the S-400 with our industries in the South and in return we'd temporarily lease the 10 batteries as part of the order, repaying the lease over a period. Another option would be to purchase the S-400 and pay in monthly installments over a period.

We will still review the S-300V and S-300PMU-2 as they are more accommodating to our budgetary issues. Although the S-400 is still the preferred system to deploy in our anti-ballistic missile shield system.

On the matter of our border, I hope that we can have an open conversation in a joint meeting with our counterparts in the Foreign Affairs ministry. Primarily to discuss the maritime and aerial delimitations as well as the disputed Noktundo territory. Which would only be a portion of our discussion as we look ways to address our security concerns and challenges. I hope that we can share intelligence over matters of concern in Eastern Asia and deepen our border relations to be open and friendly neighbors.

Signed with sincerity,
Park Hyun-jin
Republic of Korea

Republic of Korea
All information is protected from release by the Diplomatic Communications Security Act 1997

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
1920px-Middle_emblem_of_the_Ministry_of_Defence_of_the_Russian_Federation_%2821.07.2003-present%29.svg.png

Ministry of Defence
Private & Encrypted

Dear Minister Park,

From my knowledge, the S-400 is superior to any Western surface-to-air missile system currently in service or available to the market. Korea would be wise to invest in such a system, it'll do an outstanding job in defending the air space of the Republic of Korea from anything that will be thrown at it. We would be open to one of the following payments: Korea is granted a temporary and limited domestic production license for the S-400, totaling up to 10 batteries which they will build at their own steady pace. In return, as payment, Korea produces one S-400 system for Russia every 5 batteries produced - totaling to 2 once 10 batteries are produced. This might be a good option for Korea as it would allow your government to produce the systems at your own rate, without having to worry about missing a payment. However, it has come to our attention that the S-400 has had a recent price change from Almaz-Antey and the S-400s are in fact 62,000,000.00$ per battery/system. As such, ten batteries will cost 744,000,000.00$ and not 6,000,000,000.00$. We could also offer Korea a 10% discount if you promise to produce the S-400 SAM systems for Russia down the road, using Korea's manufacturing capabilities - we would, of course, pay the manufacturing coasts.

I can't say that I have any rights or powers to discuss disputed territory, nor is Russia currently in the position to do so with the communists in Siberia. However, if you wish to open discussion with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs regarding this situation alongside other topics, I can direct you towards their contact information.

Kindest Regards,
Igor Sergeyev
Minister of Defence
Russian Federation

Jay

Last edited:

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

We would like to proceed with the option to procure on a limited domestic production license alongside a technological transfer of the S-400 to begin production. We would like to expand the total procurement to 40 batteries, of which, 20 would be produced in quarter four of this fiscal year, 1998, and the remaining 20 would be produced over quarter one, January till March of the upcoming fiscal year, 1999.

In this Toal order we'd be willing to pay the upfront costs for the first twenty systems and proceed to purchase the remaining ten at a later date. To my understanding, this would mean that for the twenty systems S-400s we build we would produce an additional five S-400s for your military in 1998 and then for the 20 S-400s we produce in 1999, five S-400s would be additionally procured for you.

If these terms are acceptable, we can formalize the agreement and we'll begin the production process as soon as possible with the S-400s delivered to your military forces in Moscow.

I understand that you are not in a position to discuss these, I was merely bringing it up before a proposed meeting between our foreign ministers. The current situation in the Far East is concerning which we hope to discuss in a frank dialogue. Alongside the boundary demarcation issue, understanding the current situation important as to avoid misunderstandings or a spill-over of fighting.

Signed with sincerity,
Park Hyun-jin
Republic of Korea

Republic of Korea

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019

Ministry of Defence
Private & Encrypted

Dear Minister Park,

Wonderful, we will hand you the domestic production rights for 40 batteries of the S-400 for free. In return, as payment, for each 5 batteries that South Korea produces of the S-400 you will produce 1 battery for the Russian Armed Forces. I hope that this will be a good venture and benefit both of our armed forces in the field of air defense.

As I said, I can contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with your information and the topics that you wish to discuss so that you may do so. It is my understanding that the Kremlin would enjoy to keep a close relationship with the Republic of Korea. I am certain that there will be some type of compromise will be able to be worked out regarding this territory and the situation in the far east.

Kindest Regards,
Igor Sergeyev
Minister of Defence
Russian Federation

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

We are glad to have cooperation on our mutual interests on aerospace defense and cooperation. I hope that this venture is the beginning of a prosperous security relationship. I hope the delivery of the four S-400 battalions and their support equipment. Our foreign ministers can discuss our bilateral relationship at their time. I regardless look forward to a strong relationship between Korea and Russia.

Signed with sincerity,
Park Hyun-jin
Republic of Korea

Republic of Korea