STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Netherlands] European Union Talks with Spain

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of the Netherlands

Recipient: Minister of Foreign Affairs & Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Cooperation, Kingdom of Spain (Zak)
Cc: -
Subject: Technical Talks following the Grand European Summit
Attachment: Draft Treaty on the European Union
Classification:
CONFIDENTIAL

Your Excellency,

I am contacting you today under the directive of Prime Minister Jaap de Hoop Scheffer to convey our intention to invite your government to the Amsterdam Summit, to be organised in the next few months, where a Treaty on the European Union can be signed by all participants. A formal invitation will be sent at a later date.

Prior to the holding of the Amsterdam Summit, we are hoping to hold discussions with all prospective participants individually in order to discuss the current draft, hear your government’s position on various policy areas, and to address and desire for amendments and changes to the current draft.

Attached to this message is the latest draft of the Treaty. I kindly request that you review this version and convey your position on the draft (whether that be in full agreement, or in the case that you have any changes to submit).

Additionally, I would kindly request that you answer the following questions in order to know your positions on some of the most critical provisions of the draft.

1. Do you agree with the current structure of the Union, that it will consist of:​
a. European Council (consisting of Heads of State or Government);
b. Council of the European Union (consisting of cabinet-level officials and lower level civil servants);
c. European Commission (which will support the President of the European Council in day-to-day administrative tasks), and;
d. European Court of Justice (to ensure the enforcement of European Law).​
2. Do you agree with the election procedure for the President of the European Council?​
a. Additionally, do you agree with the term-length and maximum number of terms for the President?​
4. Do you agree with the rotating presidency of the Council of the European Union?
5. Do you agree with the provisions regarding European Law?
6. Do you agree with the legislative provisions regarding European Law?
7. Do you agree with the accession and withdrawal provisions?​

Yours Sincerely,

Atzo Nicolaï
Secretary of State for European Affairs

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Government of Spain
Security Classification: ENCRYPTED

Dear Secretary Atzo Nicolai,

I would like to pass on my thanks to Prime Minister Jaap de Hoop Scheffer for his invite to the Amsterdam Summit, a member of government from the Kingdom of Spain will be in attendance. I have passed on the treaty to the Prime Minister who will meet with his office and other members of government to discuss the treaty and any proposals or changes that he may wish to raise. We do agree with the current structure of the proposed union but I do feel like a proposed European Parliament would be beneficial and work together with the Council of the European Union where it adopts European legislation following a proposal by the European Commission. Member states will be free to choose their own voting regulations and laws but the bigger the country equals more Member of the European Parliaments from their countries.

Regards,
Adriana Lastra
Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation
Kingdom of Spain

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of the Netherlands

Recipient: Minister of Foreign Affairs & Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Cooperation, Kingdom of Spain (Zak)
Cc: -
Subject: Technical Talks following the Grand European Summit
Attachment: Draft Treaty on the European Union
Classification:
CONFIDENTIAL

Your Excellency,

I thank you for your response. We are honoured by your intention to attend the Amsterdam Summit. We are currently hoping to finalise the technical talks with the prospective Member States soon and will then move towards hosting the Amsterdam Summit.

I understand the desire for the implementation of democratic legitimacy to the Union in the form of a European Parliament. Our concern however is that throughout the initial growth of the Union effectiveness is key, and the addition of another institution may slow down the adoption of European Law. We will of course add this topic to the agenda of the Amsterdam Summit to be dicsussed amongst the other prospective Member States. However, the position of the Netherlands is that we first focus on establishing the organisation and that an instituion such as the European Parliament can be explored in more detail at a later date.

We look forward to hearing more about the Spanish position on the current draft once it has been reviewed by the Prime Minister.

Yours Sincerely,

Atzo Nicolaï
Secretary of State for European Affairs

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Government of Spain
Security Classification: ENCRYPTED

Dear Secretary Atzo Nicolai,

I have received your proposals on my desk from my Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation and I am liking the proposed treaty.

I will be in attendance to the Amsterdam Summit because this is beneficial for the Kingdom of Spain to commit to peaceful and democratic Europe which was one of the main campaign pledges of my campaign to become Prime Minister of Spain. I will be in close contact with Minister Lastra who you recently spoke with about our proposals for a European Parliament and how it would be beneficial to be implemented in the startup of the organisation and I will pitch this directly to other member states at the Amsterdam Summit.

Kind Regards,
Pedro Sánchez
Prime Minister of Spain
Kingdom of Spain

Dutchy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadebecoolwoof