STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Norway]: Message for Sweden

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Prime Minister had a confused look on her face as she was called a male by the Swedish Prime Minister - SHE took a sip from her water which rested on her desk.

"That's Mrs. to you Stefen. Would the Swedish Army be willing to work with the Norwegian Army in a military exercise which would help both of our armies to share skills which will help us both down the line?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Stefan smiles, this being the first bearded female he had ever met and was surprised to see that such a prominent political figure in Norway would sport such an attribute in this day and age!

"My apologies Mrs Prime Minister, it's been a very long day. We would be very interested in seeing cooperation between the Norwegian and Swedish Army, we're currently investing heavily in CBRN equipment and would be extremely eager to see some form of training of this kind completed between us - do you retain a CBRN capability at present?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Unfortunately, we do not retain a CBRN capability under the Norwegian Armed Forces - the capability was disbanded when the previous government left office so we will be looking to retrain personnel in order to keep the capabilities of the Norwegian Armed Forces at a high capability to protect Norway and our allies."

Connor

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I have just received word from the Minister of Defence, that he wants to open a Special Forces training operation between our two countries, is this something that Sweden would be interested in completing in? It would benefit both of us to learn new tactics to help our forces develop to further deploy down the line."

Connor

Last edited:

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"It's certainly something I'd consider looking into however what exactly would you like this to be conducted? What aspects of Special Forces training would you be looking at enhancing?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We would be looking to work alongside Sweden in counter insurgency, is this something that Sweden can work on with our Armed Forces?" Erna asked, taking a sip from the glass of water which rested on the table.

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"This is absolutely something we're keen to focus on particularly with the Swedish Army. Do you have any particular region you'd be looking to conduct such an exercise? I guess what I'm asking is would this be a Norwegian-led operation or are you anticipating that Sweden take the lead?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We wouldn't mind Sweden taking the lead on said exercise, after all, you do have the more experienced Army. We had an idea of conducting said exercise in an area north of Trondheim if this works for you? I also believe that General Jasper who is the Nordic Council's Supreme Nordic Commander will also be in attendance as he slowly begins to conclude his duties as he is soon to retire."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Well since the White Paper 1996, the Swedish Army is currently under intense scrutiny and 75% through a reformation and modernisation, it may be some time before we have the capacity to organise and host such an operation whereby we can ensure the personal development of not only Swedish but also Norwegian personnel. If there's one reputation Sweden upholds is that we don't do things in halves."

Stefan chuckles before continuing the conversation.

"I am shocked to hear about the retirement of General Dan Jasper?! He has served the Nordic Council well as the first Supreme Commander in our history and frankly I didn't foresee his retirement! Did he give any reason?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We respect the stance of the Swedish Army and hope that some sort of exercise between our two countries can be organised in the future as our two countries share tactics, not only to preserve the integrity of the Nordic Council, but to ensure worldwide stability through the continued friendship that our two countries possess."

Erna reached down, taking a sip from her glass of water before she rested it back on the coaster on her table.

"I agree with you Prime Minister, not only has General Jasper served the Nordic Council well, he has also served a distinguished service within the Norwegian Army and has tendered his resignation to my office because he cannot continue with his duties as Supreme Commander due to ill health and the fact he would like to spend time with his family and close friends, something which I totally respect. My staff are reviewing suitable replacements for the position of Acting Supreme Commander until fresh elections can be held and will write to the Secretary General in due course, do you have any idea when leadership elections will be held?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I will keep you updated, Prime Minister, I'm due to liaise with the Secretary of Defence in the next few days to recieve an update on the progression of the Armed Forces. I will drop you into the agenda somewhere... General Jasper has my best wishes despite his retirement, his name will certainly remain in the history books that's for sure, he was the first Supreme Commander in NORSCOM and sets the expectation of those that follow him. In all honesty Prime Minister I don't think there will be any necessity for an election... Sweden has no intention of providing a nomination on the basis we currently hold the Secretariat and the Presidium, we don't want to appear like a dictatorship and would much rather welcome the influence of other member and founding states - and with Germany an observer state and the United Kingdom still presiding on whether or not they wish to join the council, it leaves only Norway to fill the position. I trust you will be able to find a suitable candidate to begin the transition period before General Jasper retires?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Indeed, we have decided that Major General Kristin Lund will take the position of Supreme Commander. Major General Lund served as the Head of Veteran Affairs for the Norwegian Defence Staff. She also served as Chief of Staff of the Norwegian Home Guard and as Deputy Commander of the Norwegian Army Forces Command so boasts a wide range of knowledge and experience and I am sure that her, and her staff will reach out to the Supreme Commanders office to begin said transition period. I am also glad to hear of the United Kingdom's intentions to seek to join the Nordic Council, do you know of their intentions to join as an observer state or as a full member? We are also glad to receive Germany as an observer state and have reached out to them to continue our partnership and welcome them to the organisation."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Major General Kristin Lund will be welcomed into the position, I am sure the Secretariat will waste no time ensuring her position is secured, especially given the medical retirement of General Jasper."

"We are running around the houses with the United Kingdom a little... it's less of them seeking to join and more of a pending invitation from the Kingdom of Sweden, they appear keen to cooperate with the organisation but have been less than prompt in joining as a member state. It would be an exciting addition and would help intertwine the very edges of Europe given that we have outreach from Scandinavia to Continental Europe with the addition to Germany; the United Kingdom sits as the gateway to Europe almost. We are still waiting to hear their decision."

Stefan takes a quick sip of water before leaning into his knees.

"Tell me, Mrs Prime Minister, what are your current objectives with Norway? What are you working on?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Prime Minister leans back into her seat, listening into what her Swedish counterpart has to offer as she takes a sip from her coffee and takes notes onto a notepad.

"Norway welcomes the United Kingdom to the Nordic Council if they make the decision to join, after all, they share the same values as fellow members across the organisation, when we heard that Germany was joining, we immediately opened communications with them to welcome them and continue the strong bond that our country possesses with European nations."

She took another sip from her cup, interlocking her fingers as she moved onto the next topic which was raised by the Swedish Prime Minister.

"My government is seeking to bring down our crime rate, you may be aware of our prison modernisation program which will help to reform prisoners across their sentences. We're also looking to bring our unemployment rate down and raise tourism rates and open up to international trade. But, you may have received news that I am facing an incoming vote of no confidence from a party that supported my government in Parliament but has now pulled the plug which may mean, this may be the last communication that we have between ourselves Prime Minister... I am hoping that if, on the offchance that a new government enters office that they continue the strong bond between our two countries as it grows every single day."

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Yes, well, we are eagerly awaiting their verdict, it has taken them some time which is not filling me with confidence that they will take full membership. It's a great shame and a great loss if that is the case but nonetheless we will wait and see. I strongly believe that Europe needs to come together with nations of diverse political, military and economic backgrounds to promote a common bond..."

"I am encouraged to hear of the development of your prison system. This give of project is notoriously difficult to arrange and often can have an adverse effect but I have great faith in your administration and their capbility to drop the crime rate substantially - it would be a strengthening statement to have Sweden and Norway with the lowest crime rates worldwide. But yes, I have heard about the upcoming vote of no confidence and whilst I do not have a vast amount of details I am worried that the new government may take a substantially different approach to our long-standing bilateral cooperation"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I am confident of passing the vote of no confidence in my government, after all, we are working for a strong Norway, to return to the international stage where we once were, my advisers are currently working on this and will later be voted upon in the Storting. Is there anything else that you would like to discuss Prime Minister?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I think that's all I had to discuss, unless you have anything you'd like to raise?"

Zak

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II