STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

OFFICIAL Visit - Poland

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

Jessica responded, her smile consistent, "I'm very well, thank you. It's a pleasure to meet you. Please, take a seat." she indicated to the available seats before she took her own. "I trust you've had a warm welcome?" she continued the small talk for a few moments before turning to business, the agendas to be raised included a cooperation agreement, current international affairs and progressing bilateral relations. "I understand the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding in Defence has been done with Defence Minister Jason Green which promotes my agendas on cooperation but I'd like to explore other areas we can explore. Given this is the first meeting of its kind between our governments, my main suggestion is we start building momentum with regular meetings between relevant parties." Jessica paused, taking a sip of water before continuing.

"This can be achieved in quite a few ways but perhaps an bi-annual conference between certain members of our governments, allowing the subject-matter experts to converse and plan area specific methods of cooperation. We'll also be assigning a new ambassador to our embassy in Poland who I'm sure will be eager to have their own audience with you to discuss their position and ambitions with working with your government." ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
"Very warm, yes," came the reply from the middle-aged woman in charge of the delegation by appointment. Her own smile was genuine as she conversed with the British woman sitting before her. "I can agree with the sentiment of maintaining momentum of our diplomatic relations and can safely say we can agree to regular meetings between our various ministers of people in the government." She would take the opportunity to speak as the woman took a sip of her glass, careful to not interrupt the woman while she spoke.

"A bi-annual conference would be beneficial to both of our governments to further the dialogue and allow our experts to expand upon their knowledge with one another. And we will be assigned a new ambassador to the Polish embassy within London. I can be certain they will have the same eagerness to speak with your own government to discuss those positions and ambitions." She would take a drink of her own glass before returning to the conversation.

"One of the key areas we discussed with Defense Minister Green involves information sharing and defense technologies, while it is early in our newfound friendship I am eager to begin discussing those areas on top of how our two countries can assist each other through trade and other areas to boost the economies of our respective nations."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

"As we all seem to be in favor of bi-annual conferences, and to avoid any delay, I'd like to propose setting a date for the first to take place. Depending on your availability of course, what are your thoughts on scheduling the first bi-annual conference in June 2004? Then it would proceed in June 2006, 2008, on-wards. Prior to each conference, an agenda can be set based on current world events and any specific topics to ensure we have the relevant experts included. Perhaps you might also be interested in hosting the first one?" she paused "...Feels like it'd be a good justification to have a holiday in Poland at the same time" she chuckled.

"Information sharing and the development of technologies is certainly of interest, both in and out of defence, the UK has a renewed focus on pushing forward with new technologies so to have the opportunity to partner and work with yourselves would be fantastic. Are there currently any areas you are focused on, or would like to see develop between the UK and Poland when it comes to technology and information?" ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
“We would be honored to host the first meeting for the bi-annual United Kingdom-Poland conference. I would like to offer the city of Krakow as that year’s hosting location. I’m sure you will enjoy the cultural sights after we finish the conference,” she would state with a chuckle of her own.

This time it was the delegate from the Ministry of National Defense who spoke.

“There are some key areas in technological advancement we are working on, however, there is one area that I feel would benefit both Poland and the United Kingdom. We have been drawing up proposals for the formation of a Polish Space Agency in order to begin exploring the final frontier. With the potential of massive scientific advancement from forming a space agency, the cost of such an endeavor would only serve to increase the time developing technologies and not exploring our solar system. What we are proposing would be a joint venture between the United Kingdom and Poland, as well as select few members of Europe such as Russia, Sweden, and Denmark. There are a few other potential inductees that we are considering but their governments are relatively new to the world stage and would pose a serious risk towards financial matters as well as security of the project should their governments be deposed by rival factions.”

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

"Krakow it is!" she responded enthusiastically "In that case, I will leave it with you to arrange internally and we'll wait to hear from you closer to the time with the intentions and we'll book it in from our side." she smiled, falling silent to allow the Minister of National Defence to speak regarding technological advancement, periodically nodding in acknowledgement. It was a little awkward, due to the General Election resulting in a coalition, the one thing both the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats had actually agreed on was the cut of funding for the UK Space Agency. Despite this, they were still an operational organisation but with much less to offer within a budget.

"It certainly sounds like an intriguing idea and is one that we wouldn't be opposed too. My concern mostly comes from the lack of established relations the UK has with say, Russia as an example. That said, I suppose it would depend on how it would operate, financially and in terms of its missions." Jess paused, hinting "A European contender for the NASA, perhaps?"

Despite some conflict internally regarding funding for scientific ventures, the compromise for the coalition did conclude additional funding for the Antarctic Survey "Since coming into office, we've increased funding to support more missions to Antarctica. Perhaps that's another venture that a UK-POL relationship could benefit from?" she asked. ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
“Excellent, we will certainly work something out that will certainly benefit the talks and the cultural exchange between our two nations. Krakow is certainly a beautiful city to showcase this.” The woman would reply to her British counterpart.

“While we share this sentiment in regards to not having established ties with certain nations, we have a strong feeling that a unified Europe in at least one area of specialization would benefit the whole continent. We have chosen the space sector for this idea implementation due to the technological advancements that occurred after the first missions launched back in the fifties and sixties within the United States. But also, bringing the best and brightest of Europe to advance human space flight could result in our nations being closer than ever. Some of our Polish aviators have had prior space flight training with one of the previous regimes of Russia some years ago. With Poland’s unique geographical location near Russia, as well as our shared history, we feel it would be remiss to fully remove them from the opportunity. With your permission we will have a draft proposal for the joint program be drafted and sent to you for your perusal once the talks here have completed. We would also like to approach Russia with the same draft, with your approval of course. The idea of a unified Space Agency of Europe can only work if there’s more than two members of Europe involved.” The National Defense Minister would finish speaking and turn the reigns over to the leader of the delegation.

“We would love to be included into the missions to Antarctica. Being included in missions to Antarctica is often said to be the pinnacle of one’s scientific career. Especially after the Argentinian Incident and the massive reduction in scientific missions undertaken there. Was there a particular mission or objective you were considering invited Poland to participate in?”

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

"Fantastic. I look forward too it." she responded "A unified 'Space Agency' is certainly something I could look to support, it could definitely bring Europe together and for something more than just military application. I'm eager to see the draft for what you're proposing so once it's ready, please do send it across. If you want to send it direct to me, I can handle any internal discussions surrounding it on my end." Jessica smiled. The idea of a European-wide agency would certainly help with the reduction of funding the UKSA has had since the election.

"As for Antarctica, it may need further discussion with the subject matter experts but the initial idea is to create a ground station with the facilities to hold research teams for an extended duration. Perhaps a UK-POL research station would be a better description for it. Considerations would be cost, the logistics of building it and the planning to facilitate UK only, Polish only and UK-POL expeditions." ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
"I'm glad to hear it," Marianna said at the positive response of the British Deputy Prime Minister. "I'm glad you agree that it is something that could bring Europe closer together. It is my belief, GPS and communication satellites withstanding, that Space should remain a scientific area of exploration, much like the Antarctic is."

"As for the UK-POL expeditions, just forward the documentation over to my office and I will offer the same courtesy as you offered. A UK-POL research station would certainly be a boon for the scientific community as well as hosting a revolving series of expeditions of various national make-ups would certainly be exciting to see."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

"Sounds like a plan!" she responded enthusiastically "I'll arrange for the British Antarctic Survey to send you their details on their intentions as soon as possible and I'll personally keep an eye out for your plan regarding a united Space Program for Europe." Jess paused, re-reading the agendas initially thought before her invitation was sent "Truth be told, that covers my intended topics of conversation. I know there's been some... constant developments surrounding the unpredictable Thai Government but I know that we're already communicating on that as and when required. We're currently monitoring vessels they have in the Strait of Gibraltar too; but nothing more than a patrol for now. Is there anything else you'd like to discuss in the meantime?" ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
"Yes, our government is also in talks with the Thai government as well to try and resolve the disputes that seem to be popping up around them at a constant rate. We are still maintaining a single frigate and two reconnaissance ships in the Mediterranean in the Port of Said at the moment. If it is needed, you can contact the Ministry of National Defense if their services are needed alongside your fleet. I'm sure they would be amenable to assisting, especially after the compliments Polish sailors had in regards to British sailors since the beginning of the New Caledonia crisis. We will also be looking forward to the correspondence from the British Antarctic Survey in regards to possible expeditions into Antarctica. I'm sure Polish scientists will be thrilled about the idea."

"As for other matters to discuss, Poland currently operates two amphibious assault ships capable of utilizing VTOL aircraft. We are looking for potential suppliers of such aircraft. We are also looking for another dedicated source of equipment for the Polis Navy and the Polish Air Force. The United Kingdom made the short list for such inquiries and while I am sure your Ministry of Defense and Nexus would be required to handle these matters, I'm sure the British government, if amenable to the idea, might be able to put a good work for us with Nexus to allow us to access stock not listed on their catalogue or normally for sale to foreign powers."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

"Ah yes.. Thailand" Jess sighed, not at the bringing up of it but more at the amount of conversations she's had about them in recent months "I must admit, they're difficult to gauge. Some of their actions suggest hostility but talks with them suggest anything but - I'd be interested to hear how your talks with them go. The Royal Air Force had only in the last couple of days been monitoring a number of Thai vessels in the Mediterranean with Portuguese and Spanish forces. They remained civil, but I suppose they have no more or less right than other forces present in the area; we just know how unpredictable they can be at the moment.

I can put a word into Nexus, might I ask as to what you would be looking for? I can ask their sales representative to get in touch but the only aircraft I know of is the Harrier. Is that of interest?" she asked curiously "Unless there are other VTOL aircraft you know of, but it's definitely not my area of expertise." she chuckled. ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
"Yes Thailand has been a thorn in Poland's side for the past few months. With espionage from their spies and the revealing of classified information to the general public that will probably go into the history books as the largest dissemination of classified information ever. Poland is working to keep things civil with the Republic, however. While we cannot argue their rights to operating in the area with having bases on two continents and our forces working in the Pacific, we can certainly express displeasure with their meddling in European Affairs."

"I do believe the Harrier is the intended aircraft to purchase but I also understand the limitations to the production of such aircraft to other nations as it is currently in service within the United Kingdom, no?" She asked confidently. She was almost completely certain the Harrier was in active service with the British Armed Forces as well as the Americans but she would not bet money on it as she was never a gambling woman. "We are also looking for additional submarines to operate long term from a greater distance than our current ones can access. We have reached out to the Russians for the purchase of one of their Nuclear submarines but have yet to receive word of any production beginning despite the money having been wired to them." She would shrug at the statement to indicate they did not care of the money lost. "Such is the life of dealing with modern nations and their defense industries who are looking to sue an entire government." She offered a chuckle of her own.

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

"Yes.. they do seem to be the main topic of conversation among those in Europe. As you rightly said, there's nothing we can do regarding their operations but we'll be sure to keep a close eye on them. Seems Canada and France have taken Thailand's position as the main highlight for conversations but I'll leave that lengthy topic with the relevant departments to handle." Jess nodded "The Harrier seems to be becoming a focal point for multiple countries at the moment, we've had interest growing among a couple other European countries and even as far out as Asia. It is in operation with the Royal Navy so exports are done on a case-by-case, and subject to the variant. I'm not sure if it'd be of viable interest to you but our Trafalgar-class Submarine is something we do actively authorize the export of through Nexus... you'd definitely receive them." she concluded in jest "I believe they're only operated by the UK, Canada and Portugal, so they're quite limited in production quantities." ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
"The Trafalgar-class is something we would like to look into purchasing to replace the aging Korean submarines currently operated within Poland. Having the ability to project nuclear powered submarine forces to defend the interests of Poland and her Allies is something that would be beneficial to everyone involved. Once we return home, I will have our defense acquisition team reach out to Nexus Industries to inquire into the Trafalgar-class, and hopefully, the Harrier GR.7A variant. If I am correct, it is a generation before the one currently operated by the British Royal Navy and Royal Air Force and limit exposure of current air capabilities of your forces. In the interest of getting the deal off the ground, I have been authorized to sign an agreement that would prevent the Polish government modifying or selling the Harrier GR.7A without express permission from the British government. And it is an agreement we will abide by and are willing to allow inspections by the British government to insure all agreed upon terms are being upheld by both parties."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

"That sounds like a plan, I shall make my contacts are Nexus aware of your intention so they can hopefully plan ahead for a deal that would certainly work in your favor" Jess smiled "They'll be able to give some further information in relation to variants and other options that may be best suited for your needs. I'll let Nexus know of any areas the government are keen to include in a sale agreement simply due to the operational usage both the Trafalgar-class and Harriers have within our armed forces currently." She pauses, reading through her agendas "I'll be honest, I don't have anything else I needed to bring up and I'll leave the discussions of an Antarctic Trip with the British Antarctica Survey teams to get in touch. Is there anything else you'd like to raise at the moment? If not, I shall let you leave to your accommodation for the night."

Unless anything else was introduced as a new topic of conversation from her Polish guests, they'd be able to make their way to the accommodation and participate in a guided tour of the Natural History Museum the next day before departing from RAF Brize Norton back to Poland. ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
There was nothing left for the Polish delegation to discuss with their British counterparts and thus would finish up the meeting with cordial manners before returning to their accommodations provided to them by their hosts. Upon returning, the delegation would begin their nightly routine of preparing for their dinner before retiring to their rooms to rest for the night before the tour of the Natural History museum and then their eventual return to Poland to debrief the King and the rest of the Council of Ministers for their work in securing a friendship with their British neighbors.

During the tour of the Natural History Museum, the delegation would be sure to take plenty of pictures from their smart phones to insure they would have memories and would be able to provide some sort of coverage to the Polish News Agency to play over the air for all Polish citizens to see. Upon returning to their plane, the pilots would follow all protocols and directions from the ATC during take-off and flight over the UK. Eventually they would return to Polish radar coverage over Germany and would follow all directions sent to them.

Once they arrived back in Polish airspace they would begin landing procedures for landing at Warsaw International Airport. Once safely on the ground, the delegation would return to the Royal Palace where they would begin debriefing the Council of Ministers and the King of Poland regarding the treaties and deals they made while also prospective deals incentivized to the British. The only thing to do after this would be to follow up with Nexus Defense regarding the purchase orders to benefit their naval modernization.

Jamie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa