STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[POR] Phone call to Canada

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The room was silent, the Secretary of State of the Portuguese Republic, Jaime Gama, would call his homologous in Canada, he had various papers detailing a few topics he wished to speak with his Canadian counterpart. With the call being encrypted to the highest level, he would phone to Canada, and wait to be answered.

Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
It wasn't specified who the Secretary of State was attempting to call, so as it reached the Department of Global Affairs the call was simply transferred to the Minister, Maxime Bernier. The man used his encrypted phone line to answer the call, the phone call being secured both in-and-out. "Minister of Global Affairs, Maxime Bernier speaking. How can I be of assistance?"

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Hello Mr. Bernier! How are you doing? I figure in time likes this, you must have your agenda fully booked?" Jaime Gama conveyed, his words with a dignified tone. "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Jaime Gama, the Secretary of Defense of Portugal. I have taken the liberty of reaching out to you today to discuss the matter of your nation's conflict with France." Gama paused momentarily, allowing the weight of the situation to settle, he would then proceed. "It has come to my attention that your government attributes the recent terrorist attack in Canada to the actions of France. I wish to express our sincere condolences for the loss your nation has suffered in this tragic event. However, I cannot help but question whether escalating this conflict is the most judicious course of action?"

Leaning into a more serious tone, Gama continued, "In these troubling times, I implore you to consider the repercussions of further hostilities. Is it justifiable to perpetuate the cycle of pain, despair, and suffering among those who are innocent and have no influence over the decisions of their governments? Let us not rush into a precipitous course of action without first exploring avenues that may lead us to a more measured and just resolution Mr. Bernier." With genuine concern in his voice, Gama raised the prospect of a diplomatic change of course. "Portugal, as a neutral party, is prepared to assist Canada in uncovering the truth. We propose engaging in open dialogue, independent investigations, and, if necessary, resorting to the international court of law. By doing so, we can ascertain the veracity of the claims and ensure that justice is served without inflicting undue hardship on the innocent citizens of France, who, I believe, have no standing army."

Pausing once again, Gama reiterated his earnest plea. "I encourage you to consider the profound impact of your decisions on the lives of countless individuals, French and Canadians. Let us give peace a chance, allowing a process to unfold, culminating in a fair and just resolution. If the allegations are proven true Mr. Bernier, we can then pursue avenues of justice that are both measured and principled—reparations, public acknowledgment, and any other measures deemed appropriate. And I assure you Portugal will be with you all the way if you take this approach."

In his closing words, Gama spoke with sincerity and a genuine desire for peace. "Mr. Bernier, I extend this proposal in the spirit of diplomacy and humanity. Let us collectively choose a path that upholds justice and avoids unnecessary suffering for the innocent. And Portugall will stand ready to engage in further discussions and negotiations at your earliest convenience, if this is your desire to do so."

Alex

Reactions: Jay

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"I understand your concern, but with all due respect it was not your sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers who were slaughtered in the streets of their own nation by terrorists who were armed by a foreign power." Bernier's voice was stern but by no means disrespectful. "We have not escalated the situation, we have simply acted in self-defense. We could have attacked mainland France, hit them with missiles, stage our own terrorist attacks in the nation, but instead we have decided that the best course of action to result in minimal additional blood being spilled is to remove France from the New World."

One of Bernier's aides entered the room at this time, placing a CSIS document onto his desk. Glancing through it, a large smile grew onto his lips. "Secretary Gama, we have already uncovered more than enough evidence to point the French government being behind it all. We have already allowed the federal police forces of the United States and Germany to come and see this evidence for themselves. If you wish for Portuguese police to see it as well, you are more than welcomed to do so. As for the "innocent" citizens of France, I would keep my eye on the news, Secretary—those in the French colonies are not as innocent as you may believe. Until then, the United States of America has offered to act as mediator and we have gladly accepted"

Bernier paused himself as the Secretary stopped speaking, not having anything to say about the words he stated prior. "I am willingly to keep you informed of developments from the mediation, if you so wish, Secretary. However, until then you must rely on a simple promise that no harm will come to citizens on the territories of France we have captured. Will that be enough?"

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
He would listen to Mr. Bernier attentively after he had finished, he would retorque: “I must show sincere appreciation for your willingness to continue with dialogue. Your commitment to the security and well-being of the Canadian people is clearly evident, and I respect and understand the challenges your government faces in navigating these turbulent times. I wish to appeal to your statesmanship and humanity to try to consider… as a gesture of goodwill… that could potentially pave the way for a more amicable resolution… between Canada and France, especially with the evidence you have uncovered and the genuine concerns for national security, I propose that you consider a phased withdrawal from a few of the territories currently under your control. This voluntary withdrawal could serve as a tangible demonstration of Canada's commitment to seeking a diplomatic solution, not only that, but it would also show the nationals that Canada meant no harm to their way of lives… and could potentially foster an environment more conducive to ongoing mediation efforts. Such a gesture would not only demonstrate Canada's goodwill but could also ease tensions and open a path for constructive negotiations, and, it goes without mention, to possibly restore the International image of Canada, not as an aggressor but as a nation seeking justice.”

He would pause again, hopeful that the Canadian would consider the proposal, he was not expecting him to accept it, but it was enough for him that the idea was said out loud.

“I truly, truly, understand the weight of the decisions you face, and I do not make this suggestion lightly. It is essential to mention that Portugal, too, has experienced the harrowing impact of terrorism. I was faced with terrible news and terrible decisions when our nation suffered the loss of its monarchy due to acts of terrorism, however these were not perpetuated by a foreign actor..... This proposal… It is merely an appeal to consider alternative avenues that may lead to a resolution without further bloodshed and with a focus on diplomatic dialogue. I, honestly, believe that by taking this voluntary step, you could send a powerful and strong message to the international community and to the citizens affected by these events, demonstrating a genuine commitment to the pursuit of peace.”

"Please know that Portugal remains committed to fostering diplomatic channels and seeking a peaceful resolution to this crisis. I understand that you have allowed federal police forces from the United States and Germany to examine this evidence. We, of course, would appreciate the opportunity for Portuguese authorities to independently assess this information, as it aligns with our commitment to transparency and impartiality. If that were possible?"

Alex