STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2005

Month: January

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 01/09/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[POR] Portugal email to France

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
1024px-Coat_of_arms_of_Portugal.svg.png

SECRET

To: Government of France Alexander
Subject: Military Purchases

Building on the robust and multifaceted relationship between Portugal and France, I am writing to express Portugal's interest in acquiring several key military assets from France. Our objective is to enhance our defence capabilities through these acquisitions and to explore opportunities for domestic production under licence agreements.

Portugal is particularly inclined to purchase the following:

1. Naval Assets:
    • Triomphant-class submarine, including its M45 arsenal, with an initial procurement of at least 50 units.
    • Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier, along with its full complement of:
      • 30 Rafale M aircraft
      • 2 NH90 NFH Caïman Marine helicopters
      • 1 AS565 Panther ISR helicopter
      • 2 AS365F Dauphin Pedro helicopters
    • Two Dupuy de Lôme-class intelligence-gathering ships
  2. Land Assets:
    • CAESAR 155 mm wheeled self-propelled howitzers
    • AMX 10 RC armored reconnaissance vehicles
  3. Aerial Assets:
    • Eurocopter Tiger HAD attack helicopters
Furthermore, we are interested in negotiating terms for domestic production licenses for these assets, which would not only benefit our defense sector but also foster greater technological exchange and industrial cooperation between our countries.

We believe that this initiative aligns with our mutual interests in strengthening defense capabilities and enhancing strategic partnerships. We look forward to discussing this proposal in detail and exploring the potential for a mutually beneficial agreement.

Please let us know a convenient time for a meeting or call to further discuss the specifics of these purchases and the terms for domestic licensing.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. We are optimistic about the prospects of deepening our defense cooperation with France and look forward to your positive response.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Secretary of Defence,
Rui Pena

Alexander

GA Member
Oct 11, 2023
196px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_July_Monarchy_%281830-31%29.svg.png

Empire de France
Palais de l'Élysée

From: Marquis Marie Lefebvre, Premier ministre français, Marquis de Nord
To: Rui Pena, Secretary of Defence Bruno
Classification: Confidential

Subject: Defence Procurement

Your Excellency,

I appreciate your interest in the excellent French technological and military designs. As part of efforts to stabilize the economy we are looking to provide reliable partners with extensive licensing agreements for French equipment. I believe this program will be of high interest to the Portuguese Republic. I would be able to arrange for a meeting in the Elysée Palace at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,
Marie Lefebvre,
Premier ministre français.
Marquis de Nord.

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
SECRET

To: Government of France Alexander
Subject: Military Purchases

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your consideration and the opportunity to further strengthen the relationship between France and the Portuguese Republic through this potential partnership.

Portugal holds French technological and military innovations in high regard, and I am confident that our cooperation in this area would be mutually beneficial, especially during these economically challenging times. The possibility of licensing agreements for French equipment aligns well with our defense modernization plans, and we are keen to explore the full scope of this initiative.

I would be honored to meet at the Elysée Palace to discuss the details of this opportunity in person. Please let me know a few dates that would be convenient for your schedule, and I will do my utmost to ensure my availability.

Thank you once again for your proposal. I look forward to our productive discussions and the strengthening of ties between our nations.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Secretary of Defence,
Augusto Santos Silva

Lisbon, Portugal – Early in the morning, the Secretary of Defence, prepares for his departure from the Department of Defence building. The meeting with France promises to be a pivotal one for Portugal’s future in defense, both in terms of modernization and strategic partnerships. Teixeira’s security detail arrives, a convoy of sleek, black cars lined up outside the building. He exchanges a few final words with his chief of staff, ensuring that all preparations for the trip are in place.

"Make sure the briefing documents are ready on the flight," he says. "I want everything on France's military technologies and licensing history with other nations."

The staff members nod, and with that, Teixeira steps into the lead car, the door closing with a muted thud. The convoy departs, heading for Humberto Delgado Airport in Lisbon, where a Portuguese Air Force jet awaits to take him to Paris. Inside the aircraft, the Secretary reviews a dossier of French military designs. Advanced fighter jets, naval systems, and cutting-edge communications technology are just some of the highlights. As he flips through the pages, he envisions how these developments could bolster Portugal’s military capabilities. His mind is already on the upcoming discussions at the Elysée Palace. The French are offering more than just hardware – this is about securing a strategic ally for the years ahead, and ensuring Portugal remains at the forefront of modern defence technology.

"France wants reliable partners," Teixeira murmurs to himself. "We must ensure that we are more than that – we need to be indispensable."

After touching down at Charles de Gaulle Airport, Teixeira would wait to be greeted by the French delegation. The cool Parisian air hits him as he steps off the jet, a contrast to the warmth of Lisbon.

Alexander

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azhar