STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ROI]: Message to Kingdom of the Netherlands

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
640px-Coat_of_arms_of_Ireland.svg.png

Republic of Ireland
Encrypted and Classified​
To: Bernard Bot, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of the Netherlands
From: Brian Cowen, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Ireland
CC:

Dia duit Minister of Foreign Affairs Bernard Bot,

It is my hopes that we may begin the development of positive relations between our two nations both diplomatic and economic. Our objective is to promote good relations with the nations of Europe and to economically strengthen ties as well. If possible I would like to arrange for a meeting in your nation to discuss in person how we may further things between Ireland and the Netherlands. I would also like to set up a separate meeting to discuss defence force purchases. At the primary meeting I think that we should discuss ways to lessen the barriers of trade and travel between our nations.

Best Regards,
Brian Cowen
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Republic of Ireland

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

uMqZ7XI.png

GOVERNMENT OF THE NETHERLANDS

MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

(NA)DC/2001/0001
PRIVATE

Mr Brian Cowen (HeadlessSeeker)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Your Excellency,

I have the honour to reffirm the strong bonds that exist between the Republic of Ireland and the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

I thank you for you efforts to reach out and open diplomatic communication between our governments. Our government is keen to strengthen the ties between our countries and bilateral meeting represents a great step forward. For the sake of momentum I humbly make the suggestion that I dispatch Mr Reinout Aerts, the Dutch Ambassador in Dublin, to your office at your earliest convinience to hear your proposals and explore areas of future cooperation.

I avail myself of the opportunity to assure Your Excellency of my highest consideration.

Yours sincerely,
Bernard Bot

DIGITAL DIPLOMATIC CORRESPONDENCE

Last edited:

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
640px-Coat_of_arms_of_Ireland.svg.png

Republic of Ireland
Encrypted and Classified​
To: Bernard Bot, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of the Netherlands
From: Brian Cowen, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Ireland
CC:

Dia duit Minister of Foreign Affairs Bernard Bot,

I would very much like to meet with Mr Reinout Aerts, though I am currently unavailable. I however can have someone within the department with authority meet with them. How does a meeting in two days sound? A little short notice but we can provide the neccesary accommodations for them.

Best Regards,
Brian Cowen
Republic of Ireland

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

uMqZ7XI.png

EMBASSY OF THE KINGDOM OF THE NETHERLANDS
DUBLIN

(NA)DC/2001/0002
PRIVATE

The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands presents its compliments to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and has the honour to attend a meeting at your office to promote our countries' bilateral relations.

The Ambassador, Mr Reinout Aerts, will make himself available to meet with any available official at your proposed date and time to conduct exploratory talks in regards to issues where we might find areas of mutual cooperation.

The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands avails itself of this opportunity to renew to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Ireland the assurances of its highest consideration.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Dublin, Republic of Ireland

DIGITAL DIPLOMATIC CORRESPONDENCE

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Upon receiving directions from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in The Hague, the Dutch Ambassador to the Republic of Ireland would prepare for the short-notice meeting by collecting any documents he might find relevant along with his notepad and pen before he exited the building and stepped into the waiting diplomatic vehicle.

Upon arriving at the Ministry, the Ambassador would stride towards the reception to announce his arrival, handing over his diplomatic passport to verify his identity.

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private

Diplomat of the European section of the ministry Aidan O'Malley had been put in charge of the meeting with the Dutch Ambassador since the Minister was currently away. The Ambassador themselves would have little time wasted as their papers were checked and after a brief time would be brought to a meeting room within the building where Aidan O'Malley was waiting."Ah welcome. Thank you for comming." They would say offering a handshake.

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The ambassador would return the handshake as he introduced himself, "Ambassador Reinout Aerts, pleasure to meet you. Thank you for being able to host me today, I am looking forward to a productive meeting. I am certain that there are plenty of policy areas where Ireland and the Netherlands can cooperate."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private

The meeting table had refreshments available such as a pitcher of a water with ice cubes floating in it. Mr. O'Malley would take a seat and give a small nod."I am certain of that as well. Our goal is to foster good relations with the nations of Europe and foster cooperation as well. I've heard that the summit in regards to the formation of an EU ended well despite some rocky portions involving the French. Regardless I'd like to start by discussing the establishment of two things. Trade and the movement of our citizens between our nations. Would your nation be interested in a free trade agreement?"

Dutchy

Last edited:

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Ambassador would take a seat at the table, placing his leather briefcase on the chair next to him before reaching forward an pouring himself a glass of water. He took a quick sip before placing it back on the table and looking up at the Irishman.

"I've heard similar reports Mr O'Malley. It is one of the topics I was hoping to discuss with you today but we can definitely start on the topic of trade. The Netherlands is currently reviewing its trade policy and is interested in expanding its trading relationship. However, the Netherlands and Ireland don't currently have any active trade routes so I do not necessary see the benefit of a free trade agreement at this moment. However, if you have a draft I could forward it to the relevant department. Though at this time it might prove more beneficial to discuss arrangements to foster a growth of a trade relationship in the near future."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"The trade minister hasn't?" They paused for a moment before realization struck."Oh, they have been busy elsewhere. Right, I do have the authority to discuss the establishment of trade routes. Sorry about that, one second." They would rifle through their brief case and pull out a piece of paper reading it for a moment."Ireland can offer Pharmaceutical products, Organic chemicals, Optical, photo, technical, medical apparatus, Electrical, electronic equipment, and Essential oils, perfumes, cosmetics, toileteries. So while I have the authority to discuss this I will have to clear any agreements made with the trade minister." He said as he would slide the piece of paper accross the table which listed what was available fort export.

"As for the matter of the summit it is our hope that through good faith diplomacy we can show France the benefits of a tight nit European community and bring them around to the idea. It is our hope that Ireland can be a diplomatic bridge between France and Britain as well given the exchange that occured."

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I do not believe any proposal has been received by the Embassy, though I can make inquiries."

The Ambassador would pick up the sheet of paper in order to study it, opening his briefcase he pulled out his own documentation regarding Dutch exports and would run a quick comparison, "There seems to be some overlap in export produce Mr O'Malley. Specifically in the areas of pharmaceutical products; optical, photo, technical, medical apparatus; electrical machinery. However, perhaps there is interest from the Netherlands to import essential oils, perfumes, cosmetics, toileteries and organic chemicals. Ireland might in return be interested in machinery and mineral fuels." The Ambassador would return both the Irish list and handover the Dutch export list for the Irishman to compare.

While he waited the Ambassador would retrieve another document in preparation for the topic of the European Union. "While we arrived late to the Summit we were pleased with the progress that was achieved and look forward to hopefully finalising a Treaty on the European Union in Amsterdam in the coming months. In preparation for the summit, the Netherlands is reaching out to all European states in order to hold technical discussions on the treaty and to hopefully ensure that an almost complete draft with the support of the majority of attending states can be submitted."

"Therefore the Secretary of State for European Affairs has asked me to submit to your government the following inquiries. We do not have to discuss these points now, your government may take the time it needs to review the draft treaty before reaching out. However, I already want to hand you over this file."
The Ambassador would slide a thick binder which contained both the latest draft on the Treaty of the European Union and a list of question.

1. Do you agree with the current structure of the Union, that it will consist of:​
a. European Council (consisting of Heads of State or Government);
b. Council of the European Union (consisting of cabinet-level officials and lower level civil servants);
c. European Commission (which will support the President of the European Council in day-to-day administrative tasks), and;
d. European Court of Justice (to ensure the enforcement of European Law).​
2. Do you agree with the election procedure for the President of the European Council?​
a. Additionally, do you agree with the term-length and maximum number of terms for the President?​
4. Do you agree with the rotating presidency of the Council of the European Union?
5. Do you agree with the provisions regarding European Law?
6. Do you agree with the legislative provisions regarding European Law?
7. Do you agree with the accession and withdrawal provisions?​

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"I do believe that would be a fair trade that the Minister would have the utmost interest in agreeing to. Such a trade would be a great benefit for both parties I believe. There are also intentions to expand our trade fleet which will allow us to trade in larger numbers as well." they would say after having compared the lists with one another and seemed most satisfied.

Aidan O'Malley would listen well and then thoroughly examine the binder full of questions that had been asked. Giving a tell every now and again with a subconscious nod as they considered each question. "We regret that the President of Ireland was unable to attend the summit directly as he would of been able to accept directly. But things are going smoothly regardless of that. As in regards to the questions, you will find that we agree with all of them. We are a great supporter of the final proposition, and realize that any issues that come up can be addressed as teething issues. This overall is a great blueprint or a good starting position that to us we can agree to on paper. Are these questions all ones your government agrees to as well at this time?"

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I am happy to hear that you are in agreement, the Netherlands at this time does not operate a merchant fleet. Would the Republic of Ireland be willing to operate the agreed upon trade routes? Additionally, you mention an expansion of your current fleet, if your government so desires, we would be happy to introduce yuo to Damen Group, one of the world leading shipbuilders."

"We hope that the President will be available to attend the Amsterdam Summit which will be held following a range of technical discussions held between the Netherlands and prospective Member States to the European Union. With our focus on drafting the treaty we do agree with the present draft. However, we wish to avoid any bias in the draft and are therefore consulting in order to build a broad consensus around the document. Additionally, due to our involvement in the drafting we are eager to hear from other states whether we have missed any important elements or added too much of our own policy in certain provisions."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"Yes, I think we would be willing to operate using the existing trade routes. Furthermore, we would greatly appreciate being introduced to Damen group so that we may enter talks regarding the expansion of our merchant fleet. I believe making purchases with a European nation in regards to a trade fleet is a good idea."

"Have you heard from other states so far on what they would like added or elaborated upon? Or have they been silent so far?"

Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We can certainly faciliate any conversation you may wish to have with any Dutch-based corporation."

"In regards to the talks being held between various European nations, I would need to liaise back with the Ministry first before I could offer you more information. However, we aim to send out the official invitations for the Amsterdam Summit in the coming weeks, so more should become clear then."

HeadlessSeeker

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II