STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ROI] Message to Ukraine

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Private and Secure

To: Konstyantyn Ivanovych Gryshchenko

Subject: Establishing Diplomatic Relations

CC: Mary Robinson

Greetings on behalf the Republic of Ireland. We would like to formally invite The Republic of Ukraine's Government to Dublin to inspect a building we have set aside to be as an Embassy for The Republic of Ukraine. We hope to establish a good relationship and strengthen the European Sphere of Influence. I hope we can have a long lasting friendship and work alongside each other for years to come.

Respectfully,
Pat Rabbitte
Minister of State

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

Security: Private/Encrypted

To: Pat Rabbitte Drivindeath

Subject: Re: Establishing Diplomatic Relations

CC: Konstyantyn Gryshchenko
Greetings and salutations to the the honorable Minister Rabbitte,

We are elated to hear our fellow republic, Ireland, is interested in forming diplomatic ties with Ukraine. We have much to discuss. My name is Roman Shpek, I'm Ukraine's Secretary of Affairs in Western Europe. To ensure Ireland's diplomats receive the special consideration and timely replies they deserve as a free and democratic country, your email has been forwarded to me.

Despite the distance between our countries, we share many similarities. We've noted Ireland's recent declaration of support for the Ukrainian oblast of Crimea to rejoin it's mother country and expel foreign militants. Would you be willing to repeat this sentiment in the General Assembly, if needed?

Awaiting your reply with interest,

Roman Vasylovych Shpek
Secretary of Ukrainian Affairs in Western Europe

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Private and Secure

To: Roman Shpek

CC: Mary Robinson

While I do understand the situation with the Crimean Territory, I must abstain from making any public statements at this time, what Mr. Bruton does is his business and does not represent the entire Irish Government. The Republic of Ireland would still like to maintain friendly relations with the Republic of Ukraine and establish an embassy in Ukraine; as well as provide an Embassy to the Republic of Ukraine. If we are both to agree in establishing Embassies then I would like to proceed to the discussion of Visas and Movement of Travel between our Republics.

Respectfully,
Pat Rabbitte
Minister of State

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

We understand and appreciate other shows of friendship such as embassy accommodations. Currently, our policy is to allow every country up to 45 diplomatic staff, 50 mission staff, and 25 security personnel. This is to give you some liberty in the number you decide to send. Our policies regarding your physical building and utilities (link attached) are more than compliant with criteria mandated by the General Assembly. As you have pointed out, Ireland does not currently have any diplomatic missions within Ukraine. We would like to see this changed, and will construct one for you. Are there any requests you have for the site of the embassy? We will see if we can comply with them. Ukraine is, after all, eager to have friends.

Roman Vasylovych Shpek

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Private and Secure

CC: Mary Robinson, Konstyantyn Gryshchenko

As you know you already have an Embassy here in Dublin, building 16 Elgin Rd, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, D04 NY31, Ireland. The interior can be changed to your liking. We allow 30 Diplomatic Staff, 30 Mission Staff, and 22 Security Personnel. Security Personnel may carry firearms but must be registered at Customs.

We actually have an Embassy in Kiev located at Khreschatyk St, 32Б, Kyiv, Ukraine, 01034. We have it staffed with 20 Diplomats, 20 Mission Personnel, and 22 unarmed guards. We do wish to arm our guards with our Sig Sauer P226, which we can provide serial numbers at your Customs. Additionally we like to keep 100 rounds of ammunition per security personnel.

As for Visa of citizens we offer a Standard and Free Irish Visa which includes showing Passport at custom which will grant a 30 day free travel of the country. An additional 30 days may be procured for free through your embassy and through our Department of Foreign Affairs. While in Ireland anyone on Visa must comply with all local law, if any law is broken then the Visa holder will be brought directly to their respective embassy for deportation at the expense of their home nation. If a Visa expires while the Visa holder is still in Ireland, they will be deported, again at the expense of their home nation. If this is something we can agree to I will update our Visa registry to include the Republic of Ukraine.

If there is anything you would like to add to this Visa there is a tax, which we can discuss if you do wish to add more amenities for your citizens. If you could send us Ukraine's laws for obtaining a Visa and we can negotiate a soulution.

Respectfully,
Pat Rabbitte
Minister of State

GingeOrCringe

Last edited:

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

Of course, Khreschatyk Street! I apologize for the mistake, there has been quite a bit of business in the Ministry as of late and I'm mostly running on tea.

We willfully approve your request for 22 security personnel to employ Sig Sauer P226s on the Irish Embassy grounds. This is with the expectation that all firearms will, as you promised, be registered at customs upon arrival. Firearms are not to leave the Irish Embassy unless the holder is on duty guarding members of the diplomatic mission. Although we do not expect any issues from our Irish friends, we must inform you that anyone accused of having used these firearms in a crime will be prosecuted as if they were Ukrainian citizens. Any objections Ireland has in specific cases can, of course, be brought before an international court.

As for the Ukrainian embassy in Dublin, we are satisfied with current accommodations. However, I will discuss security with the Minister of Defense before committing to a full 22-person security team. We will of course register any arms with your government and comply with the legislation passed in the GA.

We willfully agree to your terms for visa obtainment and deportation, should visitors commit any crime. Ukraine will implement this policy for Irish citizens, with the understanding that Ireland will keep the same visa policy it in place for Ukrainian citizens as well.

Cheers,
Roman Vasylovych Shpek

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Private and Secure

CC: Mary Robinson, Konstyantyn Gryshchenko, Seán Barret

Of course we will instruct our security personnel to register their firearms at your Customs, we will comply with all Ukrainian laws while in the Republic of Ukraine. We are happy to hear you will reciprocate. As for the security it is quite tense here in Dublin, your Embassy guards are welcomed to be armed.

Our Minister of Defence, Seán Barret has been CC to this e-mail. You can direct any questions about security to him. We understand that some members of our society have taken to "terrorist" acts. Ukrainians should feel safe around our citizens, we are doing all we can to protect foreign nationals that enter Ireland. I recommend setting a travel notice for your citizens when traveling to Ireland as the manhunt for these terrorist is still ongoing.

We do hope that we can strengthen our bond between our nations and work together in creating a safe and free Europe.

Respectfully,
Pat Rabbitte
Minister of State

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

First, I would like to offer our deepest condolences to the people of Ireland and the family of President Robinson.

While I'm confident the Republic of Ireland is doing everything in its power to ensure the safety of foreign nationals, we will commit to sending the full 22 defensive personnel you are graciously allowing at our diplomatic mission. This way we will be drawing on fewer of your resources and be able to offer more collaboration with your emergency personnel if any problem does arise at our embassy.

We understand that Ireland cannot take a public stance on Crimea. We will refrain from a second inquiry into this matter. Still, our countries seem to be in quite similar situations. Irish-Anglo relations and Russo-Ukrainian relations are uniquely strained. How does your government plan to address years of mistreatment and promote a more equal, endearing relationship with your neighbors across the Irish Sea? I assume that despite the issue of Northern Ireland, this is your ultimate goal.

I think Ireland and Ukraine can provide each other with a small form of mutual assistance on this front. The current government of Ukraine has not established diplomatic relations with the United Kingdom, but when we do we can ensure them of Ireland's good-will towards them (casually, of course). When Ireland and Russia establish diplomatic relations, you can do the same, yes?

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Private and Secure

CC: Konstyantyn Gryshchenko, Seán Barret

We appreciate your sympathy for the lost of our President, it truly was a horrible and sad day.

We approve your 22 personnel security personnel for your Embassy here in Dublin, however any weapons need to be registered at customs first, also we do not allow automatic weapons, Semi-auto is fine.

The situation in Crimea does have many similarities to what we are experiencing with N. Ireland, and while we will not publicly support either side, the majority of the Government here in Ireland does support Ukraine in it's efforts to re-unify. Our situation with the United Kingdom is doing quite well and I believe we are making fantastic breakthroughs. We have been working very closely with the British Government to eliminate the Irish Republican Army and to re-open the border. While we do want a Unified Ireland, the small step of reopening the border is our first step.

We have contact with Russia, although it was brief. We have not heard from them in some time. I feel asking them about Crimea may provoke unwanted attention and now is not the time to outright back your claims. We hope you can understand this, politics is a game of patience. I eagerly await your reply.

Respectfully,
Pat Rabbitte
Minister of State

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

I would like to reiterate that we are not asking for your support of Crimea rejoining Ukraine, nor are we asking you to broach this subject with the Russian Federation (we would prefer no other country mention it to them at all). We are simply asking that, should you be in contact with them again, you might inform the Russians of our good will towards them as we would do if we establish relations with the UK.

For example, if Ukraine were in contact with the United Kingdom, we could mention, "it seems Ireland is very enthusiastic to become a trade partner of the UK. Based on what we have heard from them, we would like to purchase (insert name of export here)." Or "Ireland has joyously informed us of their plans to cooperate with the UK in rooting out terrorism. Would the UK like to purchase any Ukrainian defense products for this endeavor?"

Our government has already reformed its strategy since the first email we sent you. Based on what you have said, I think Ireland and Ukraine are of a similar mind when it comes to foreign policy towards neighboring states: it would be best to get along and to do so we must meet the other side half-way. Small, off-hand remarks from other countries corroborating our well-intentions would provide a helpful nudge.

Does this make sense?

Also, is there any other topic(s) Ireland would like to discuss at this time?

Best regards,

Roman Vasylovych Shpek

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Private and Secure

Of course, I apologize. It seems I misunderstood, we will of course agree to this and reciprocate this action.

There is one other matter I'd like to discuss. Our government has been in contact with Belgium for some time now and I think we have an idea that may interest Ukraine. Now I must mention this plan is probably far down the line and is but an idea.

Belgium and Ireland have been talking about a European economic zone, where we all share a same currency, reform trade, and more. I was informed last night that there will be a conference held in Brussels in the near future, I'd like to invite delegates from Ukraine to this conference, whenever it takes place.

If this is something that interest you I strongly encourage a delegate to attend.

Respectfully,
Pat Rabbitte
Minister of State

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

Excellent! I'm glad we can provide mutual assistance in this way.

As for the European Economic Zone... How many countries have been invited to attend this conference? Is there a solid date in mind? While we consider the Belgians friends, we have put sanctions on them for that unprovoked attack on France last year. Belgium also invited us to join a non-alignment revival movement not too long ago, but I'm afraid it lost traction. I believe Ukraine was the only state to RSVP... How would this newly proposed economic zone differ from the other plan?

We are interested enough to attend, should the conference take place, but at this time we cannot commit to a membership in the organization. After the conference, once we fully understand the requirements and expectations, our Verkhovna Rada would need to discuss and vote weather or not to join. It is something our people will likely be weary of. After all, we only recently escaped an economic union, one which was rather detrimental to Ukraine... Regardless of our ultimate decision on this organization, we appreciate the invitation.

Best regards,

Roman Vasylovych Shpek

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

1599177369108.png

1599177310345.png

1599177375898.png
Private and Secure

As of right now there has been no confirmed date for this conference. Due to the nature of Belgium I understand your weariness. The way I want to propose the European Economic Zone is to have a unified common currency. There will be free trade between all nations in this Union. I want to propose open and free travel between the Unified Nations, passports can still be presented at customs, however the visa will allow any citizen of this Union to stay in country for as long as they'd like, they will still be subject to nation they are in laws. More will be presented in detail at the conference. If Belgium takes to long to host this conference then we will host one here in Dublin and will send out invites.

We hope you find this appealing, we want to make Europe strong and united. This can bring about Economic and Civil prosperity.

Respectfully,
Pat Rabbitte
Minister of State
GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

To: Mr. Dick Spring Drivindeath

To the Honorable Minister Spring,

We understand you are the new minister of foreign affairs for Ireland and we wish you the best in your tenure.

Your predecessor, Mr. Rabbitte, was in communication with us for a brief period of time. We trust you have been briefed on what we've discussed so far? He mentioned something about a Economic Zone, but with Belgium's recent withdrawal from international politics we wonder if this is still an option your government is pursuing?

We send Ireland our sincere best wishes, it seems your country is being rocked by quite a bit of turmoil at the moment. We hope your people are able to come to peace with each other and with the government of the United Kingdom.

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

This message is Private and Encrypted

To: Roman Shpek (GingeOrCringe )​

Subject: RE: Establishing Diplomatic Relations​

CC: Konstyantyn Gryshchenko​

Secretary Shpek, it's a pleasure to write you. Minister Rabbitte was our Minister of State. My apologies for not writing you sooner as I have been the Minister of Foreign Affairs since 1994. I have not been informed on any of your talks with Minister Rabbitte. However I am aware of the Economic Zone we wished to create in Europe. It is unfortunate that Belgium has backed out of diplomatic relations. The Republic of Ireland does wish to continue this venture, however due to recent events this plan has been put on hold. There will be an entire new government in Ireland come June this year and we shall see where our stance goes.

I can assure you that the situation in Ireland is stable despite what media may say. Our Department of Justice has been working closely with our Department of Defence to finally be rid of the Irish Republican Army.

If you could fill me in on your discussions with Minister Rabbitte, I'd very much appreciate it. We been working on having closer ties with our neighbors in Eastern Europe. As such we have been in talks with Poland as well as Russia. We hope to have closer ties with Ukraine as well.

Best Regards,
Dick Spring, TD,
Minister of Foreign Affairs

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

My apologies, the misaddress was a translation error on our end. I hope that this does not negatively impact our relations with Ireland as Ukraine would like to increase its friendships with Western countries, and as I told Mr. Rabbitte there is so much Ukraine and Ireland have in common.

As I said, we were in contact with Mr. Rabbitte for a brief period of time before his unfortunate death. Our discussion mainly revolved around embassies and the policies surrounding them. We will inform customs of any weapons (non-automatic, of course) which our Embassy guards might bring into the country in order to defend our diplomatic mission.

Mr. Rabbitte and I also came to an informal agreement regarding foreign policy--which contributed to my confusion as to his title. I will include the email I sent to him, but in short I suggested we use positive gossip to strengthen our ties with countries with whom we have not historically always seen eye-to-eye.

For example, if the United Kingdom were to contact Ukraine we might casually say something along the lines of "Ireland's officials seem rather enthusiastic about your joint mission to eliminate the IRA. I hope this is going well? It seems like they're genuinely invested in building positive relations with your country."

Likewise, if Russia and Ireland were to be in contact, as it seems they have been based on your last email, you might work into conversation that Ukraine has recommended them as an excellent vendor when it comes to defense products, or that we have briefly mentioned to you our desire to better Russo-Ukrainian relations. (This last suggestion might not always appear to be the case, but I assure you it is our true wish).

As the Minister of Foreign Affairs for Ireland, is your opinion different from that of the late Mr. Rabbitte? How else might Ukraine be a friend to your country on the international stage?

I would like to reiterate that we are not asking for your support of Crimea rejoining Ukraine, nor are we asking you to broach this subject with the Russian Federation (we would prefer no other country mention it to them at all). We are simply asking that, should you be in contact with them again, you might inform the Russians of our good will towards them as we would do if we establish relations with the UK.

For example, if Ukraine were in contact with the United Kingdom, we could mention, "it seems Ireland is very enthusiastic to become a trade partner of the UK. Based on what we have heard from them, we would like to purchase (insert name of export here)." Or "Ireland has joyously informed us of their plans to cooperate with the UK in rooting out terrorism. Would the UK like to purchase any Ukrainian defense products for this endeavor?"

Our government has already reformed its strategy since the first email we sent you. Based on what you have said, I think Ireland and Ukraine are of a similar mind when it comes to foreign policy towards neighboring states: it would be best to get along and to do so we must meet the other side half-way. Small, off-hand remarks from other countries corroborating our well-intentions would provide a helpful nudge.

Does this make sense?

Also, is there any other topic(s) Ireland would like to discuss at this time?

Best regards,

Roman Vasylovych Shpek

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

While my ideas don't exactly match with Minister Rabbitte's ideals, I am a man of peace. I wish to see European countries united. I would be more than happy to speak highly of Ukraine to Russia, however anything I say must be truthful.

As far as I know the Seanad Éireann and the Dáil Éireann have voted and passed Proposal ROI006, which is to allow Russia the use of a warm water port in Cork as well as access to Haulbowline Naval Base here in Ireland. I am not sure how this will go over, but I definitely know it'll bring Ireland to have closure ties with Russia. Many citizens in Ireland are concerned however in this sudden switch in politics.

As for closer ties between Ireland and Ukraine, I always found sports fascinating. Perhaps we could set up a Football match (Soccer). We have a match against Argentina set up on the 13th of May so perhaps after that, the players could get some rest and either play here in Ireland or in Ukraine next.

Best Regards,
Dick Spring, TD,

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

That is exactly what we wanted to hear! We wholeheartedly agree, whatever is said must be the truth. We're also happy Ireland will be providing a safe port for our friends with this Proposal ROI006. I understand the caution and disorientation some Irish citizens may feel, but it is time East and West come together in friendship. The Cold War has ended.

Again, Ukraine considers the Russians kin, and since Ireland is treating them so kindly we will reward you with our business. You see, we're in the market for ships. We would like some for the transportation of foodstuffs, but we're also considering a research vessel of some sort. Our budget isn't completely worked out yet, but we aim to explore some shipwrecks under the waves of the Black Sea. Do you have any vessel that might be useful for this purpose?

As for the football match, I'm afraid we must politely decline for now as we do not currently have a national team. However, we wish Ireland the best of luck in the game against Argentina!

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

Proposal ROI006 has been passed through the Irish Government, however we still need Russia to sign as well. They are given the opportunity to review the document and request amendments. Our national security is very important, and with tensions internally and with the United Kingdom high right now, it is nice to know we could have Russia close to our shores.

Ireland does have a wide variety of ships that will be available hopefully soon. We have a drydock being built in Cork at the port that will produce ships, fishing vessels, and other vessels. The Drydock is scheduled to be completed no later than April 30th (10 Oct 2020). We are working on pricing for all our Vessels. As of right now we only produce Offshore Patrol Vessels, at a very low cost, and they come fully equipped with weapons.

It is a shame that Ukraine does not have a formal team yet. We hope in the future that Ukraine can put together a football team and perhaps there could be a European Cup.

Best Regards,
Dick Spring, TD,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa