STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ROI] Message to Ukraine

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

Security: Private/Encrypted

To: Mr. Dick Spring Drivindeath

Subject: Re: Establishing Diplomatic Relations

CC: Konstyantyn Gryshchenko

We have confidence Ireland's skillful politicians will be able to evade any possible diplomatic catastrophe with Britain. Our government is much more weary towards Argentina and Sweden as threats to world peace and democracy. Should either of these states wish to do Ireland harm, you will find the Russians are quite gallant allies to have--I'm sure you know they saved Ukraine from the Nazi assault during the Great Patriotic War.

Still, should you like assistance addressing the United Kingdom, Ukraine is happy to hold up our end of our unofficial agreement. Is there any specific aspect of your international relations you wish to improve upon? What are Ireland's goals for its relationship with the UK, aside from the broader goal of peace and cooperation? We're always willing to serve our friends and, as per my last email, any friend of the Russia is a friend of Ukraine.

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

This message is Private and Encrypted

To: Roman Shpek (GingeOrCringe )​

Subject: RE: Establishing Diplomatic Relations​

CC: Konstyantyn Gryshchenko​

We have the upmost faith in our delegates that we sent to Britain, I'm sure we will reach a proper resolution. As for the growing tension about Antarctica between Argentina and Sweden, Argentina has proven to be quiet friendly with Ireland even before this resolution came up. We are more weary of Sweden as we haven't had any diplomatic relations with them as of yet. We feel Russia will prove to be a great friend and ally.

We could definitely use assistance with England but also domestically at home. We want open borders between our brothers and sisters to the north. The IRA wants them to join with the Republic, and if Sinn Fein wins this election in June a war may be possible. However if our current Minister for Defence Seán Barrett wins then we can prevent a war and end the IRA as a whole. Despite what many in the global community might think, Minister Barrett has the best interest of Ireland at heart. If you could sway England's thoughts to that of opening the border with N. Ireland, then the IRA and Sinn Fein won't have a platform to stand on. Minister Barrett feels that by opening the borders it will strengthen his chances at winning and peace can be assured.

We also mentioned to Russia that it was Ukraine that swayed our reasoning to go through with the 'Proposal ROI006'. Due to you mentioning the good intentions of Russia and how you wish to be friends with them, it has convinced Ireland to take their side as well. I hope this is what you were asking for when mentioning good will for Ukraine to Russia.

Best Regards,
Dick Spring, TD,
Minister of Foreign Affairs

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

We wish Ireland a safe transition. Sadly, instability following elections proves to be yet one more similarity between our countries, (I'm sure you know of the communist regime which briefly reseized power in Ukraine in 1995). We do not wish for Ireland to see a resurgence in violence. The People of Ireland have a right to live in peace. It sounds like reopening the border would ease tension and we would happily assist you in swaying the United Kingdom to do so.

We are overjoyed that you have decided to carry out Proposal ROI006. We are even more pleased that we have played some small role in this decision. I assure you, the Russian Federation will be a true friend to the Irish people. Unfortunately, it seems an unknown folly on Ukraine's end has hampered our own friendship with them. Ukraine is attempting to recalibrate our methods of communication with foreign states so that this does not happen again. With this disclosed, would you still like us to contact the British? We recognize the Irish border is a delicate matter--one of life or death. We would like to assist Ireland, not put it at greater risk.

Roman Vasylovych Shpek
Secretary of Ukrainian Affairs in Western Europe

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

We appreciate the concerns, however we had an early polling and the numbers look promising, Seán Barrett is leading in the polls by 20%. With him as president I have no doubt that the threat of the IRA will be over quickly. Also with him our relation with the United Kingdom can only get better.

I do hope that relations between Ukraine and Russia can be restored. We have the upmost faith that Ukraine will be able to. We would also be honored if you could speak to Britain on our behalf. The talks with Britain have been going rather well. Britain is still determined to keep the boarders closed however, and insist on creating more security. I feel if the IRA is eliminated we would have better standing with opening the borders that way.

Best Regards,
Dick Spring, TD,

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

CC: Konstyantyn Gryshchenko, Seán Barrett

The Republic of Ukraine would like to formally congratulate President Seán Barrett on his election win. Soon Ireland shall know peace.

We have set a plan into motion for swaying the United Kingdom, but it will take time. First we must establish some rapport. I can assure you, Ukraine shall repay the debt it now owes its Irish friends.

In the mean time, shall we discuss trade? We would be willing to export items from the following list:

1. Foodstuffs
2. Petroleum Products
3. Timber
4. Non-Ferrous Metals (Titanium, Mercury, Magnesium)
5. Natural Gas

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

Thank you for the kind words, I'll be sure to pass the message to President Barrett. Best part is he has kept me as the Minister of Foreign Affairs!

We have the upmost faith that Ukraine will be able to help further our goals. Ireland will be moving in a very radical direction. We have plans to snuff out the IRA, Reopen the borders, and bring about prosperity to our citizens.

Regarding trade we are interested in Timber, as we have no natural source of it. Little history our ancestors were very gracious and decided to cut all the trees down in Ireland during the medieval era. We are also interested in Non-Ferrous Metals (Titanium, Mercury, and Magnesium).
We offer:

1. Pharmaceuticals
2. Machinery and equipment
3. Natural gas
4. Copper
5. Meat/Crops

Best Regards,
Dick Spring, TD,

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

An update on Ukraine's end of our agreement: we are speaking with the Ambassador from the United States. If we can explain the importance of an open border to them, perhaps they will be able to help you with Britain. They do, after all, have a special relationship. I'm also pleased to inform you that there are no more issues between Ukraine and Russia. Another simple misunderstanding.

Regarding trade, we will happily ship you timber and foodstuffs then! In exchange, we would be pleased to import copper and Pharmaceuticals from Ireland. How often shall we have these shipments occur? The Republic of Ukraine will be in need of some shipping vessels, and as an act of good will, we will purchase some from Ireland. I see your Maritime Development office has some excellent vessels available on their storefront, but none of them are for shipping and trade. Would it be best for us to contact them directly?

Roman Vasylovych Shpek

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

We really appreciate Ukraine's support with our boarder situation. We trust Ukraine's government to take whatever measures are necessary.

For trade, we would be more that happy to supply our fleet for the trade routes. I feel weekly shipments would benefit both our nations most. I recommend you contact the company directly for shipping vessels as I have noticed as well that they are not on their store front.

Best Regards,
Dick Spring, TD,

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

We are glad you have such faith in us. Would Ireland consider mediation by the US in this matter? You would of course need to be the ones to suggest it to the UK, it would be inappropriate for the United States to interject themselves unasked and, having no foreign relations with them yet, it would be just as strange for Ukraine to suggest this to the United Kingdom. We are fairly confident the US will agree, based on talks we've had with them so far. They would like a peaceful solution to the troubles and seem to agree that an open or relaxed border would help ease tension.

As for trade, weekly shipments is agreeable. We are happy to hear you will be supplying a fleet for the endeavor. Still, we will be sure to contact your fine ship builders soon, as we will be needing transportation for trade with other countries.

Sincerely,
Roman Vasylovych Shpek

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

To: Roman Shpek (GingeOrCringe )

Subject: RE: Establishing Diplomatic Relations

We currently have our ambassador in America initiating talks on this very subject. I understand that we have placed Ukraine in a poor position with Irelands current internal affairs. I have no intention to keep Ukraine there. I feel like Ukraine has done more for Ireland than any other nation thus far, and I thank you and your government for all the help that it has provided to Ireland.

We will get the paperwork ready for trade to Ukraine immediately. We eagerly await the goods from Ukraine as I'm sure your people await Irish goods. This is a fantastic stepping stone for our two nations to become closer. I look forward to working even closer with the Republic of Ukraine.

Best Regards,
Dick Spring, TD,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa