STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ROI] Taoiseach of Ireland to President of United States

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Odinson

Bruton would be wearing a Black suit with a green tie. His suit was custom tailored and would run around $10,000 USD. He would joke around with the other members of government and enjoy his meal.

After dinner Bruton would enter his room at the White House and retrieve an Item from his luggage it was wrapped in a small cardboard box. He would carefully open it to reveal a crystal bowl of shamrocks. He would then make his way around the White House until he found the Oval Office and found President Gore sitting behind his desk.

Bruton would knock on the door softly and say,

"Top of the evening Mr. President I brought you a gift out of kind gesture."

He would then walk up to President Gore and hand over the Crystal bowl of shamrocks.
1600026007620.png

"Lovely ceremony and fantastic dinner, I had some private business I'd like to discuss with you before I leave tomorrow, if you have a moment."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
President Gore was going over details of a few dozen people who were being considered for the Supreme Court. No one else was inside the Oval Office. The Secret Service allowed the Taoiseach into the Oval.
"Ah Taoiseach Bruton, what a surprise," he said as he got up, walked around the resolute desk, and grabbed the crystal bowl of shamrocks. Internally, the President was extremely excited to now have a plant for the West Wing. Externally, he smiled and nodded his head, "What a thoughtful gift," he said.

He shook Bruton's hand and patted him on the shoulder. He was about to lead Bruton out of the room when he stopped, and then started walking across his seal on the carpet and over to the resolute desk, where he set down the shamrocks. He opened one of the drawers, and pulled out a mid-sized box made of some dark wood. He opened it up, and pulled out two cigars. "Do you smoke?" he asked. He took both of the cigars and walked over to the center coffee-table in the room which was between two couches. Behind them, in the back of the Oval Office, was a fireplace which had a comfortable chair on either side. Al sat down on one chair and offered for Bruton to join him, and also handed him a cigar if he wanted one. He poured both of them each a modest glass of scotch and offered some ice - he took a cube for himself.

"Thank you again, for offering to come in person before anyone else did. What would you like to discuss?" the President asked. He carefully bit off the end of his cigar. He pulled out his gold Zippo lighter, opened it, and took ten or so seconds to light it, giving the Taoiseach time to start their discussion. After his cigar was lit, he offered the lighter to Mister Bruton for him to use.
Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Of course." He would say in cheerful manner, referring to the gift he just gave.

"I do dabble in cigars from time to time, thank you." He would take the cigar and light it, as well as put a single ice cube in his scotch as well. He would then take his seat.

"I know this may be bad timing, but I really have no where else to turn. Ireland is in a sorry state right now. I wanted to ask in person for your assistance with the war against the Irish Republican Army. We are concerned the British might invade us if things do not get resolved soon." He would take a few puffs from the cigar and a sip of the scotch.

"I worry because I have instructed Mr. Barrett, our Minister of Defence to arm up to finally get rid of these terrorist but I am worried the the United Kingdom will see this as aggression towards them. I feel maybe the United States could hold a conference for the United Kingdom and Ireland and be the United States could be the neutral party." He would take a few more puffs from the cigar and would appear to be nervous.

"I also wanted to ask for the United States protection should anyone attempt to invade Ireland." He would throw back the rest of his scotch and take another puff of the cigar.

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"That is... very serious," Al said as he sipped his scotch, and then took a few more puffs of his cigar.
"The United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland are both close partners of the United States - I don't think it would be our place to physically interfere between the two of you, without both of your consent. However, I think the best outcome for both parties would be a peaceful solution. The British, in my experience, are normally very level-headed. Has your government tried communicating with the British directly, or have you tried talking to the Prime Minister? What makes you concerned that the British are preparing an invasion? From what I understand, the Irish armed forces are more capable now than ever - how are you struggling to handle the IRA?" he asked.
Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"I haven't spoken directly with the British Government directly however I plan to set up a meeting with them when I return home. I wouldn't expect the United States to come between our governments, and I understand this is an internal issue between Ireland and the United Kingdom but it would still mean a lot to have a neutral party to mediate our discussion. I want a peaceful solution, but with the IRA growing I am uncertain of the future. I just fear that the British may retaliate for anything that the Irish Republican Army might do. It has been quite troubling combating the IRA, as they tend to hide amongst the populous." He would then finish his cigar and put it out in the ashtray.

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Al would continue puffing on his cigar, it becoming quite obvious that he enjoyed them like his predecessor. "Well... Camp David is always open to you, and the British. I understand that the IRA is a terrorist organization that is not under your control, but I imagine that the British can only tolerate so much. Are there any reasonable demands that the IRA have, that could possibly make a lasting peace in Ireland? I think I read recently that an open border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland could be the solution to peace? This may have just been media speculation, but is there any truth to that?" he asked.
Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"I am not 100% sure if that is actually the IRA making those demands or if it's just some kid in his mothers attic. We have no way to trace where the post are coming from. However that is a common goal I do share with them. I would like to see an open border between our nations, or at the very least between my Country and Northern Ireland. The difference between them and myself however, is that I wish to do this through diplomacy and peaceful means where as they are making terroristic demands. I hold no quarrel with the UK, in fact I consider them a friendly neighbor."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"A friendly neighbor who you are afraid might invade you soon," Al said with a slight smile, and then looked down.
"If I could be so bold as to give my advice, it would be that your ambassador to the United Kingdom should inform them that the Irish government's top priority is ending the domestic troubles within Ireland, including Northern Ireland. That would be a great first step. Opening a dialogue with Britain will surely help prevent conflict, if they see that Ireland wants a peaceful solution as well. Secondly, if you think that it would be impossible to defeat the IRA, perhaps it would be wise to having your intelligence officials find out if the IRA has a hierarchy with a command structure - if it does, and there is one person, or a group of people in charge, then it would be wise to either infiltrate them, or have your intelligence officers covertly contact them and ask what it would take to get a lasting peace."

Gore puffed his cigar again, and then continued, "If having an open border is a compromise they would accept, and would mean peace, then that is your best shot. In that case, I would say that you should contact the British and tell them that if they were even slightly willing to consider doing something like that - even if it was just between Northern Ireland and Ireland, and not all of the United Kingdom - then you should be negotiations. If the both of you would want a neutral, physical location to negotiate, and you would want a neutral mediator, I would be happy to host you and the Prime Minister, and both of your delegations at Camp David.

"Of course," he continued, "I'm not an Irishman. I'm an American, I'm sure you know this situation much better than I could even presume to - but that is my outside, objective view of how you could perhaps mend this broken situation. I think the United States, Ireland, Great Britain, and other English-speaking countries could have the potential to make some powerful working relationships, but first we would need to get over these arguments that we have amongst ourselves..." Gore then sipped his scotch, and waited to see what the Taoiseach thought of his small tirade.
Drivindeath

Last edited:

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"I believe you are correct. The first step should be open dialogue. I'll see to it that I make a trip in person to hold negotiations. Hopefully they will be open to having me in London, I don't see why they wouldn't. I suppose time will tell."
He would wait to see if President Gore had anything else to add.

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Please keep me in the loop with how it goes... The United States would be willing to help find a peaceful solution in any way we can," he said with a genuine smile. "Something I know about the British is that you need to go in with a plan that's ready to be executed - I know they appreciate that... Anyway, let me know if there's anything the United States can do in the meantime," he said.

If the Taoiseach had nothing else to add, President Gore would offer his hand to shake. The Irish leader would be free to stay and chat and enjoy some scotch, or he could go back to his room in the Residence.
Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Taoiseach Bruton would shake President Gores hand,

"Thank you for your time Al, I really appreciate it."

Bruton would then head back to his room and rest before departing back to Ireland the next morning.

Odinson