STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2005

Month: January

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 01/09/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Summer nights and palm tree delights

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
160331-n-kl526-359-arabian-sea-march-31-2016-a-cache-bf320e-640.jpg

Russian army base, somewhere in Russia

It was cold and dark as the morning skies were replaced by dark overcast. Men of the Russian 73rd Battalion had returned from their afternoon physical. Corporal Dimitrov clad in his olive-green uniform, adorned with insignias of the 73rd, he stood amidst rows of poorly arranged weaponry and supplies. As the he checked each item in the armory, his mind wandered, and he muttered to himself under his breath.

"Why do I always have to do this?" he grumbled quietly, "It's like they think I'm some kind of inventory wizard…” they always leave it as a freaking mess..ugh” He paused, straightening up to stretch his tired muscles before continuing his work.

Dimitrov inspected each rifle, sidearm, and ammunition crate, making sure the inventory aligned with the weapons on hand. He was annoyed that these new reforms were making his life so tedious.

"I bet those officers are lounging around in their cushy offices right now, sipping coffee while I'm stuck in here, counting bullets." He said with a resigned sigh. He returned to the task at hand, his thoughts drifting once more to the distant comforts of something warm.

Occasionally, a soft curse escaped his lips as he discovered discrepancies in the inventory, prompting him to correct them with diligent care. Amidst the monotony of the task, he found solace in the rhythm of his own thoughts, using the time to imagine himself with a beautiful lady. The thought alone gave him warmth in this frozen hell hole.

Amidst the clatter of metal and the hum and flickering of old lights over him, Dimitrov mouthed blyat….

He double checked his list…before looking up and realizing with concern what he had uncovered. He began pacing around the armory…the trickle of sweats began to drop as the humming of old lights intensified above him.

He looked around the armory for a third…then a fourth time…before realizing it was impossible to have been misplaced. He looked back at his list…rifles 2,500-3,200 were missing…all gone…swiped from the armory.

As he began to look around he noticed it wasn’t just rifles. Grenades…body armor plates…explosives…all gone. He radio’d his commanding office to come over…he was unsure about what to do.

Back in the Officers Room, Captain Viktor Yelizarov let out a long puff from his cigar. He and the other officers were relaxing after a day of mostly calm. Despite the cold winds brewing, unusual for this time of year, the Officers sat rather comfortably. Playing Durak as they puffed their cigars and relaxed.

Almost like a thud of thunder hitting the ground the Radio of Yelizarov buzzed alive startling the eased officers. Yelizarov picked up his radio and raised the volume.
“This is Captain Yelizarov, identify yourself, soldier,” Yelizarov said with a hint of annoyance.

The radio lit up as Corporal Dimitrov responded.
“Sir. This is Corporal Dimitrov, 73rd Motor Infantry Battalion Sir. There is an issue at the armory Sir. A big issue Sir. Please come.” Captain Viktor Yelizarov sighed. “Yelizarov affirms. Coming down.” He said as he grabbed his sidearm, strapping it to his holster. He took one last puff of his cigar before putting it out and walking out.

Colonel Chernakov nodded as Viktor left the room.
“Have fun down there” he said demaningly as he placed down another card, winning the game. He smiled as he took the pot of money and smelled it menacingly.

Captain Yelizarov came down to see what the issue was as he walked past a number of non-commissioned officers doing their rounds. He stepped into the armory and saw a distressed soldier pacing the room. Before he could say anything the corporal blurted out.

“Sir I swear I don’t know what happened Sir. I just..I just walked in here and it was gone. I checked the armory logs and it was always reported…I…I don’t what to do.” The corporal blurted out rather distraught.

Viktor chuckled as he did not truly appreciate the gravity of the situation. “Relax corporal. I am sure we can figure out your little problem.” Captain said as he assumed this was some small hiccup over misplaced rifles or munitions. Dimitrov handed him the missing items list. Viktor’s mouth dropped as he saw the thousands of rifles, explosive materials, equipment, and ammunition that Dimitrov had cataloged. “Suka…” he muttered.

Savana.JPG

Several weeks later in New Caledonia

New Caledonia, Polish occupied territory

On the island of New Caledonia, the summer spirits brought a close to the tropical depressions that rummaged the island. Elsewhere in the Pacific, the summer brought a different reality. The monsoon season would plague the wider Indo-Pacific as it had for centuries.

On the island nation of New Caledonia which had in recent months faced trials and tribulations, the ongoing presence of occupiers brought neither respite nor change. To the island nation, the transfer of the white man who came to their island yet again were no different than their former occupiers. At least they could delude themselves into believing that under republican France they too had equal ownership over their future.

No self-anointed despot would rule the New Caledodnians. Despite their differences with the invasive European settlers who rummaged the Island, the native Kanaky people forged an alliance with the soldiers and settlers who formed the Caledonian resistance. While the Thai were here the Caledonians used the opportunity to build up their capabilities. The burning image of the Thai Flag planted on their shared homeland fueled an inner rage that could not be contained.

For months the resistance built up its arsenal, stealing from former French bases neither the Polish nor the Thai seemed to care for. Contacts were made with foreign arms dealers allowing them to acquire explosive-making equipment, armored plates, and armored piercing ammunition. The element of surprise was their benefit.

As the Guyanese were repulsed by continued Canadian raids due to their premature and amature activties the Caledonians stuck to the shadows. They studied the Thai before they were replaced with Poles. When the Poles came they watched closely. They learned to differentiate the members of the task force and the rotations they took. With months of preparations, the Caledonian leadership believed they were sufficiently prepared for their offensive.

Time of course was of the essence. The Canadian invasion had given them breathing space from a violent crackdown by the imperialists. When news came of Australia’s sudden reemergence the leadership increasingly felt emboldened to raise the stakes in the Pacific. Thrusting the nascent power into the spotlight over a Pacific showdown, one it would hardly be able to refuse. Now, as the imperialist war machine turns its piercing eyes to the people of New Caledonia the ticking of countdown hums ever so rapidly.

b5b68190c0d947a6b71137e7156fe3e2_6.jpeg

At the main rebel camp in the jungles of New Caledonia, the leaders of the resistance would meet together for the first time in a while. Until now they operated as smaller cells to avoid detection, and in the event of being discovered limit the damage to a single cell group.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm orange glow over the lush landscape of the Pacific island, Jean-Marie Babtise, a distinguished French colonel, serving for the Republican army, sat in command tent puffing a cigar. He sat across Charlotte Duchamp, an intelligence officer in the army, and Antoine Kombouaré, an indigenous Kanak officer apart of the garrison.

These three together make up a significant chunk of the resistance cells. Duchamp herself rather apprehensive of the meeting, feeling it unnecessary, calmed herself with a cigar that Jean-Marie handed to her.
“Relax Night Owl…tonight we rest comfortably. Tomorrow…only the outcome of our efforts will tell.” He said as he blew out a big puff of smoke from his cigar. Kombouaré chimed in as he spat out a bit of tobacco. “Tomorrow the occupiers of this land will feel the pain of generations. We will not become patrons of a new empire. Viva La France…” He said with a hint of disdain for what had become of their republic.

“Viva La France,” the other two said both holding weight over those words hence replaced with chants of fascist imperialists who had taken control over their homeland. Perhaps in this moment in a weird twist of fate, both officers finally understood Kombouaré and the indigenous community’s feelings of suffocation. When the flag of your nation is drowned in the emergence of a new collective and your values are snuffed out from existence. There was no more France to the French soldiers who swore allegiance to their Republic and that online.

As they lamented on this topic, three other men walked in, taking their seats at the table. One swacked a mosquito that had flown on his neck cursing it as he did. Jean-Louise Vidal, a scholar and prominent figure within the republican movement of France, smiled as he saw the other leaders of the resistance.
“Comrades. Indeed it is a rejoiceful day. Tomorrow we will strike at the heart of our oppressors and begin the chain of events that will culminate in our total independence.” He smiled as he finished his sentence.

Next to him Jean-Christophe Tomas, a Creole settler, whose own journey had led him to confront the stark realities of France's imperialist ambitions and come to terms with his conflicting identities simply nodded.
“We must break the chains of our oppression and never allow the fascist flags of imperialism to fly so freely on our island once more.”

The third man, sulking into the chair as he awaited to listen to what the other leaders had to say stayed silent. Éloi Declerc., son of Pierre Declercq, assassinated leader of the Kunyak independence movement, looked around the room as the other five leaders acknowledged his presence and set out to discuss the task at hand.

“Gentlemen…and lady,” Jean-Marie began, “the situation on our island has yet to change favorably for us. The Polish occupation has replaced the Thai and continues to perpetuate the deprivation of our right to liberty. The time to act has come and we are prepared to take the initiative to send a decisive message to the occupation and the fascists in Paris that they will not forget.” Duchamp nodded as she added to Jean-Marie’s statement. “Our sources in the occupational authority tell us that the mainland will dispatch forces to secure the Island for a long-term occupation. We can expect a far more formidable opposition should we allow the imperialists to land on the Island. We must disable the port and airport if we are to have any chance of success.” The other five nodded in agreement.

Jean-Christophe piped up at this opportunity to add,
“We expect the indigenous communities on Ouvea and We to support us. It is on the main Island where I believe we will face far more potent resistance and difficulties.” Jean-Louise added on, “In my latest trip to Noumea is increased apprehension over news that the imperialists will come. Many are worried they will meet the fate of the republican government… executed on live television. They are scared…and we will be the light that offers them a new path.” Kombouaré swayed away from the idealism the two showed and got back to the plan.

“My men will be ready when ordered. We have a few hunting rifles and military firearms between us, so, our capture of the smaller islands will be manageable. We do expect light resistance from the New Caledonian gendarmerie. However, once you’ve taken control of the bases we will need to get our hands on more heavier weaponry.” He said looking at Jean-Marie, whose operatives had gotten the heavier equipment including RPG-7 and APILAS anti-tank rockets.

“Yes,” Jean-Marie acknowledged, "once we’ve taken a considerable number of facilities we will be sure to equitably transfer them amongst the other cells. Our goal is simple. The first strikes are meant to demonstrate our capabilities, not to be a full-blown effort to occupy the city. We do not have the manpower or firepower for that.”

Duchamp nodded. “My operatives have already set up for tomorrow’s operation. We’ll set the stage. We will need you two to just perform.” She said as her leg continued to tap the ground in a fidget.

Jean-Marie nodded and added,
“God’s speed tomorrow. The war for our independence and severance from the tyrants of Paris will begin. While our fortunes in the here will judge us unkindly it will be history that notes the truth. That today we stood up for our rights just as our ancestors had done.”

“And true independence from all forms of colonialism including intellectually from France,” Declerc said rather dismissively. “If our plan is to work we will need to gather support from regional powers who can send a clear signal that French interference will result in a serious escalation. As we all understand from the mandate I have been given, I believe that the stars have indeed aligned for us. Canberra will be a willing partner…at least I hope.”

Jean-Marie laughed. “The Aussies only care about one thing. Their own bottom line. They are no better than the French. Today we may be aligned but if the French try hard enough, the Australians would suck their cock and dine on our roasting heads.”

Declerc interrupted him, “Better that than being assassinated and having your body dissolved in acid,” he said in reminiscence to how the French assassinated anti-colonial nationalists across the third world such as his father.

Duchamp stepped in to break up the boiling tensions.
“Yes…we can agree. That none of us want a return to the previous status quo. The indigenous people have suffered long enough and will only continue to suffer under continued French occupation. Just as much as we would suffer from our loyalties to a Republic whose values we have held dear.” The others nodded as Duchamp spoke.

“Viva La Caledonia” Jean-Christophe piped up with the others joining him. With that, the group took leave to return to their base camps for tomorrow’s operation.

photo_2_0.jpg

The following day Duchamp’s operatives waited at a nearby village where Polish peacekeepers were stationed. Perhaps it was the women or the palm trees. Whatever it was. The Poles had become complacent as they patrolled with ease throughout the Island. Polish Peacekeepers and medical staff would continue to interact with the locals to win the hearts and minds of the public.

One medical officer would find himself being aroused by a local female native. Perhaps it was the exoticism or the fact he was still a virgin, but there was something that drove this young and inexperienced officer to break away from his platoon. But for the resistance, it was not simply fate. They targeted the office, knowing he would be naive enough to fall for their trap.

In what must have felt like the beginning of a love interest Captain Mieczysław Gromek had been attempting to nurture. After many brief encounters, he was finally being let into her home. A gesture the more experienced soldiers said always led to the time of their lives. The dimly lit hut was well away from where the rest of the Polish soldiers were offering medical services or patrolling. Jazz music floated through the air, mixing with the hum of mosquitos as Captain Mieczysław Gromek was led away by a native woman. She was strikingly beautiful, with the scent of honey and berries following her. A scent that Gromek had come accustomed to on his many excursions with this woman.

“Do you mind if we spice things up?" she asked, her voice smooth and inviting. Mieczysław looked up, startled out of his reverie. "Uh, sure. I don't mind," he replied, his cheeks flushing slightly. She smiled warmly. “Great." Her laughter was light and musical. “I’ve always loved the uniform…but I’d love to see it off.” She said as she took off his helmet and put on her body. She dropped her rob. Jan blushed deeper. “Oh…oooo…” He said as he unbuttoned his blouse. Her eyes twinkled with amusement. “What are your orders, Commander”. She said with a salute as Mieczysław had his eyes glued to her glistening body. Mieczysław stammed as she came closer and put her hands on his lips. A sly smile played on her lips. “Let us see if what they say about you Poles is true.” She said as she ripped off his trousers and pushed him back on the bed.

Mieczysław’s heart pounded, unsure how to respond. As she reached out and lightly touched his arm, her touch was electrifying. As she pulled off his underwear and excited Mieczysław she would sit on top of him.
“You know, Mieczysław’, I honestly liked you.” Drawing his concern. “I am sorry it had to end like this.”

Mieczysław stammered “What do you mean?!” The young native woman leaned in closer, her lips almost brushing his ear. "I hope you will not hold this against me.” Before Mieczysław could say anything two men would storm the hut and hold his naked body to the bed as one drapped his mouth with a cloth. A third man would enter the hut as the native stepped back.

The lights flashed before Mieczysław eyes as the third man brandished a machete and sliced the young man’s neck. As blood dripped and the young man choked on his own blood the last thing he would see was the majestic beauty that entrapped his soul walking away.

As Mieczysław’s lifeless body stopped squirming the two men who were restraining him would let go. The clock had started. It would not be long before the Poles would figure out what had happened. Moving quickly a Frenchmen would don the Pole’s uniform and steal a truck. Driving it some kilometers downroad to a village where the Polish armored truck was outfitted to carry explosives. They turned the vehicle into a VBEID.

At the main port resistance agents had delivered a cargo ship laced with explosives. The three cargo containers would be placed at the entrance, on the pier, and near the military docking yard. With operatives nearby ready to detonate the explosives.

The Resistance Fighter driving the vehicle had practiced his Polish and hoped that it would be enough to get passed the guards. The early morning mist clung to the jungle roads leading to the Polish military base. The continued rain that battered the Island left a unique musk that permeated the Island. Martin sat behind the wheel the Polish military truck, his mind sharply focused on the road as he drove past various Polish patrols or local sites. As he approached the base he began to realize his medical patches were still on. He didn’t even realize if he had the correct insignias and identification badges stolen from an unfortunate young officer.

The truck roared steadily as he navigated the roads. His eyes flickered to the rearview mirror as he saw Polish military jeeps speeding away in the opposite direction. He wondered if the Poles realized what had happened. The stolen uniform felt foreign on his body, a little tight around the hips. Martin’s heart pounded in his chest, a mix of adrenaline crashed against the calmness that the morning brought. He rehearsed his lines throughout the drive. Knowing that any mistakes may cost him his life and his mission. The Polish language rolled off his tongue a little roughly given his few weeks of preparation.

As he approached the base the revealing and imposing gates of the military installation stood starkly in front of him. The entrance was heavily guarded, soldiers patrolling it as well as a constant vehicle check. He took a deep breath, adjusting his expression to one of weary determination.

A guard approached the vehicle and asked the Frenchman "Identification and purpose of visit," the guard demanded in Polish” Martin handed over the forged documents, keeping his movements controlled.
"Mieczysław Gromek returning from a medical mission," he replied, his Polish accent decent enough. "I need to report directly to the hospital. We need more vaccines there were more kids than we expected.” He said a little worried as the Polish guard began to look behind the vehicle.

The guard looked at the documents before lifting his eyes back to Martin’s face. Waving the vehicle through. Martin smiled and drove the vehicle forward before the guard shouted to him to stop. Martin could see the Polish guard speak into the radio. Sensing something was off he reached to his sidearm ready to kill the Pole and ram through the base. If the Polish Guard tried to stop him he would ram through and explode at the nearest object. If he was able to enter he would find the command center and park the vehicle before detonating it.

noumea-new-caledonia.jpg

Noumea Port

At the main port, Jacques and Henri waited for the signal to detonate the explosives. Their goal was to disable the main port, any Polish military ships nearby, and ensure the port was unusable for any French re-occupation. Jacques’ impatience grew as they passed the expected signal time. It was almost five minutes as he grew anxious wondering if the other team had failed to complete their objective. As the clock ticked Jacques grew more agitated. As his agitation grew to open frustration casing Henri to tell the operative to pipe it down their radios would start to emit a buzzing noise. A female’s voice on the other side said the magic phrase. “Fifth of November”. After hearing the phrase Henri nodded. Jacques turned back to the explosion trigger and pressed it. A loud explosion would rupture the Port and send a massive shockwave. A third operative Marcel held a vantage point and observed the damage. He turned on his radio and gave visual confirmation that the mission was a success. The explosion would level the port at -22.26781959694806, 166.43443855970838.

Elsewhere on the smaller islands, the revolutionaries swiftly stormed local council buildings, encountering minimal resistance as they seized control. French officials deemed disloyal were taken hostage and ferried away to hidden locations on speedboats, their fates uncertain.

On the main island of New Caledonia, the Polish soldiers couldn't ignore the explosions rocking the port. The blast at the military base moments earlier had thrown Polish communications into chaos. The resistance's leadership knew a direct confrontation would be futile against the well-trained Polish special forces. Instead, they relied on the element of surprise and the ensuing disarray to tip the battle in their favor. Their goal wasn't immediate victory; the Battle of New Caledonia would be a drawn-out conflict, determined over many months.

Polish soldiers would find themselves under continued harassment as they were ambushed throughout the city. Grenades would fall from rooftops and over walls targeting mobile Polish patrols. Militants armed with AK-47s and FAMAS rifles fired from a distance, while others charged forward, unleashing a hail of bullets. Concealed sharpshooters with long-range rifles suppressed Polish movements, picking off exposed soldiers.

On the roads leading to the base and into the city, hunter-killer teams—two-man squads with RPG-7s—ambushed Polish jeeps and medical vehicles. Amidst the chaos, more seasoned militants targeted the New Caledonia garrison. Jean-Marie and Jean-Christophe led a successful assault on the Gendarmerie and the Governor’s premises, capturing the governor himself.

The militants ambushed the Gendarmerie in a series of brutal skirmishes, inflicting significant casualties. Policemen who resisted found themselves outmatched and outgunned. At strategic facilities, militants overwhelmed the local defenders. Frantic calls for reinforcements went unanswered as Polish troops were continually harassed. As darkness fell, the cackling of bullets and whistling of rockets continued to rock the Island nation.

Despite their experience, Polish units struggled to regroup under continued sniper fire. Maneuvering along the roads outside the main city proved difficult due to persistent RPG attacks. Smoke billowed from destroyed Polish and New Caledonian vehicles. Resistance fighters continued to emerge onto the streets, engaging local defenders and their Polish allies. Residents cowered in fear, parents shielding their children with makeshift defenses in their homes, hoping for respite from the violence. The local residents would be in a state of perpetual fear as mothers and fathers hugged their children close in bedrooms covered by mattresses and other household belongings. They only hoped that these makeshift defenses would offer them respite from the violence.

Darkness would not bring any calm as the resistance targeted local government premises and attacked more targets. As smoke continued to bellow from blown-out buildings and blood clogged the dirt roads the Poles would be the only serious force left on the island as their New Caledonian defenders either fled or were killed.

At the main airport, a rocket attack would blow up a de-boarded aircraft and send a frenzied panic as tourists begged for a way off the Island. The resistance fighters would send trucks with armed militants to the airport to seize the premise and ensure they controlled the airfield.

Out on smaller islands more mobile five-man squads would patrol landing zones armed with small arms, RPGs, and radios. Back on New Caledonia as the militants ran out of bullets and would need to regroup the fighting would finally come to a halt as the morning dusk filled the skies.

It had been a bloody day for both the Polish forces and the New Caledonians. As the dust began to settle, the magnitude of the uprising would eventually reach foreign capitals. Panic spread as tourists near the bases scrambled to the Polish garrisons, desperately seeking refuge. Local residents, fearing for their lives, packed their belongings and fled the city, seeking safety with relatives in the countryside.

This widespread panic worked to the resistance's advantage, allowing them to slip out of the city undetected. Fresh fighters were cycled in, taking up new defensive positions in buildings across the city. Among the fleeing crowds, a few spies disguised themselves as tourists and French settlers, hoping to infiltrate the Polish bases under the guise of seeking protection.

The day’s chaos provided the perfect cover for the resistance to regroup and strengthen their hold, ensuring the battle for New Caledonia was far from over. As the dark smoked covered the morning skies the Battle of New Caledonia was just beginning.

maxresdefault.jpg

The resistance fighters returned to the jungle as they prepared to wait and see how the Polish reacted. Their hope. The Poles would collect their dead and withdraw. Their expectation. As morning lit up the island and hunter-killer teams continued to harass any lone Polish vehicle, the resistance leaders would regroup. Courries carried letters as well as better weapons to other cells. In the city a young operative watched a computer screen as a video was slowly uploaded throughout early morning. Eventually sent out to the world. In Canberra, the last flight from New Caledonia would land before news reached of what had happened in New Caledonia. It would still be a quiet news cycle as news would barely break out from the island. However, once the video was uploaded and photos flocked the internet it was likely the world news would narrow in on the quiet Island nation of New Caledonia.

Alexander ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
It had become commonplace amongst the beleaguered Polish troops to not follow the guidelines established for operating on the island. Never travel anywhere alone and never attempt to coerce the islanders into sexual acts. They were here to help these people not exert control over them. Yet after over two years of occupying the island and providing routine medical care their own government seemed incapable of doing, the Poles let their discipline lack. After this day that would never happen again.

Captain Mieczysław Gromek was young, barely twenty four at the time of his enlistment. A devout catholic his entire life, he had chosen a life of abstinence until he had found the woman he wished to spend his life with. All that changed that fateful day when the dark skinned native woman who he had seen around the village was openly flirting with him. His own comrades were cheering him on in his native Polish, making him blush all the more, as the young lady lead him away from the rest of his contingent and brothers in arms. He could feel his heart racing in his temples as the blood rushed to both of his heads following the exotic and sensual lady leading him into one of huts. The intoxicating scent of honey and berries making him lick his lips in anticipation. of the afternoon delight he was expecting to receive from this beautiful woman. That all changed as his felt the color fade from his face at the sound of the door bursting in and three men entering. His training would kick into effect immediately. The adrenaline and fear gripping his esophagus, not even realizing he wasn't breath let alone calling for help. He thought he was. But he lashed out before the men could get to him, first at the woman, hopefully catching her in the face with a large first and then striking out with whatever he could as he felt himself being restrained naked in the bed. His last thoughts were of his mother and the images that were bound to surface on the internet of his nakedness. He was disappointed in himself for letting his life end like this. He continued to struggle even as he felt himself drowning in his own blood and the crimson liquid filled his mouth. The cut wouldn't kill him immediately as he struggled with his entire might to at least strike one of the men. They wouldn't be able to say he didn't go down without a fight.

It would be several hours before the soldiers under his command would grow worried about their commander. As inexperienced as he was, they had grown to like the big man from the one of the farming villages in the heartland of Poland. So, when they found his naked body covered in his own lifeblood, discarded without a care to the person he was in life, they were outraged. Many of their eyes were filled with tears while calls for a doctor were echoed throughout the village and calls were relayed to command at Noumea.

The guards stationed at the gate, two naval security forces and a single GROM soldier with a military working dog, were irritated at the incessant rain of the Island. They always seemed to draw the short draw and rainy days and were beginning to think that someone in command hated them. Little did they know, they were about to be considered saviors to the base. They had heard of the missing young Captain but didn't know the man personally. It was because of this and the state he was found, they were already on high alert. While Plutonowy(Corporal) Zosia Nowicka, a young brown headed Polish female soldier took the documents and looked over them, she didn't immediately recognize the name on the ID card. Her radio sparked to life in an instant, requesting the status of the duty station. Routine procedure for the main gatehouse into the Polish base, when she spotted the military working dog of the GROM operative lay down at the rear of the vehicle. Positive sign of explosives. The GROM operative wasted zero opportunity to raise his rifle as the man inside the vehicle reached for his sidearm. While he wasn't certain what the man was doing, a positive ID of explosive ordnance warranted a quick reaction. Five shots of the suppressed Heckler & Koch 416 assault rifle range out into the night air as the man's head exploded onto the windshield in front of him. An immediate call of general quarters was sent over the GROM radio to all stations. Klaxons of the two ships at port began sounded and soldiers began donning battle equipment. The day they had all feared had arrived.

The gate guards would distance themselves from the vehicle as automatic rifles were retrieved from the guardhouse and all traffic was refused entry into the base. The only thing that caused them to hesitate a moment was the sudden explosion that ripped through the port previously occupied by the Thai forces. The same port that would host the two escort ships had they not been deployed on surveillance missions months prior. Whoever planned this attack, had obsolete intelligence.

As explosions ripped through the port north of the Cruise Terminal, helicopters carrying GROM snipers began taking off, soon there were five PZL W-3A carrying a GROM marksman and a second GROM soldier as they flew over the military installation for the Polish forces. Command on the OKP Lublin would begin relaying orders to monitor the situation on the ground and to support Polish soldiers under fire from insurrectionists. While key government offices fell, Polish soldiers were harassed by snipers in the cover of buildings. Polish soldiers, would radio locations of suspected sniper locations as they attempted to get to cover. Not every Polish soldier was lucky, however the heavy steel plates in the front and back of their vests would save a majority of their lives from life threatening wounds.

GROM soldiers, would work quickly, formulating a defensive strategy to withdraw forces back into the safety of the cordon, utilizing the PZL W-3A helicopters that would provide sniper support while calls for the two destroyers to return closer to port. Polish military communications would become more organized in the first seven minutes of the engagement. Squads would begin to utilize their own channels to communicate with each other while squad leaders would utilize a predetermined platoon channel to relay instructions and requests which would be passed on to GROM, the helicopters, and the ships. Their biggest worry at the current time were the soldiers stranded outside the city at the villages providing aid to the citizens.

As dawn approached the gunfire that permeated the air throughout the night would die down until there was only the occasional pop of a pistol or rifle. Polish soldiers would take this time to immediately regroup back at their base under a cautious, but speedy, path. Helicopters would continue to fly over the city as long as they were able to, providing sniper support for the retreating Polish forces. When required, the helicopters would land inside the designated spot in the parking lot of the Cruise terminal building, coming from the water side to limit the access of their enemies with RPGs and other small arms fire. Once landed, the helicopters would be refueled before taking off back over the water. Each landing and takeoff was done as safely as possible during an active conflict. GROM soldiers would man defensive positions, utilizing dogs as an early warning indicator. Tourists and civilians seeking aid within the Polish base of operations would be denied entry on the basis of security reasons. They would be required to take shelter in hotels and other accommodations during the duration of the conflict.

In the immediate aftermath of the escalation of conflict to open warfare, the Commander on the ground would notify the two destroyers they would be required back at Noumea to provide support for the ongoing conflict. They would immediately set general quarters and begin transiting to Noumea at flanking speed.

During this time of peace, while the rebels set about setting up firing positions throughout the city, Polish soldiers would be solidifying their defenses. KTO Rys APCs would be outfitted with additional armor to protect from RPGs while Skorpion 3 vehicles which had been inside the base would be fully fueled and insure their UKM-2000 machine guns were fully loaded and in working condition. Command would be placing calls to the Ministry of National Defense to inform them of the outbreak of hostilities and a list of confirmed dead, including the first casualty Captain Mieczysław Gromek. They were assured that assistance would be arriving in a few days and to hold fast.

Whilst ships were en route and reinforce them, the commander decided it was best to address his men. With men retrieving the dead and wounded Polish soldiers within the city and without, following the seven hour ceasefire, and the remaining Polish medical personnel and soldiers outside the city returned to the safety of the base, the commander would come over the encrypted radios of all Polish soldiers.

"Brave soldiers of Poland, today you have faced the fury of our enemies and you have stood tall. Their attack was cowardly and fierce but your courage was more fierce. They sought to break our lines, to shatter our resolve, but they have only served to strengthen it.

I can see in each of your eyes. The same fire that will be burning in the heart of every Pole back home. The same unyielding spirit that empowers our nation. We stand here, not just as soldiers, but as defenders of democracy and freedom. Defenders of ever law abiding citizen of New Caledonia these cowards have attempted to kill.

The enemy will come again, their numbers will b greater, and their weapons more fearsome but remember this. The strength of our arms is matched only by the strength of our wills. We are the heirs of a proud legacy. Warrior who have fought for freedom throughout the ages.

Hold this ground as if it were your very home, because it is. Every inch of this land is soaked with the blood, sweat, and tears of those who came before us. We shall honor their memory by our actions from here on.

Stand firm, my brothers and sisters. Stand strong. Let the enemy know that every step they take will be met with resistance. Every blow they strike will be answered tenfold. We are not just fighting for survival. We are fighting for the honor of our people. We came to protect the citizens of New Caledonia from insurrectionists and we have had it easy up until this point. Let them know why the Ottomans were to afraid to enter Europe again. Let them know why the Germans and Soviets could never keep our ancestors down. Let them know why we are known as Polish citizens and soldiers.

Shoulder to shoulder, we will face whatever they throw at us. Together, we are unbreakable. Hold your ground and let them know that the spirit of Poland will never be crushed or influenced by the actions of terrorists. Together we shall show them what it means to be Polish.

For Poland. For New Caledonia, For our families. For freedom.

Niech żyje Polska!"

Unbeknownst to the Commander several soldiers would have recorded his message and the resulting cheers and hurrahs that would echo throughout the city from Polish soldiers at the inspiring words of their commander. From then on they would make the insurrectionists pay for every inch they tried to take from them. With hearts of fire and eyes of determination, the Polish soldiers set about their tasks diligently, knowing the peace would be shattered at a moment's notice.

Jay

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Amid the rise of the New Caledonian resistance against the neocolonial power of France, the Thai Humanitarian Aid Force to New Caledonia (HAFNC), comprising a thousand dedicated members, remained largely unrecognized by the local population fighting for self-determination. Despite delivering over 1.25 million TEUs of humanitarian supplies over the past two years and their genuine efforts to support a resilient New Caledonian community, the HAFNC continued their mission, focused on providing essential aid.

Over the years, the HAFNC played a pivotal role in training and capacity building for the locals. They collaborated with law enforcement to improve police techniques and worked with emergency services across New Caledonia. Advocating for sustainability, their environmental specialists contributed to local initiatives, while Thai engineers and field workers tirelessly repaired and constructed infrastructure, fostering cooperation with local authorities.

The majority of medical supplies, valued at over $1.8 billion, were provided solely by the HAFNC, despite limited recognition, not accounting a few other billion USD of essential supplies. Pre-1995 imports handled by the New Caledonian government were now the Thai efforts. The local humanitarian teams continued to deliver nutritious food, medical assistance, and general support. By now, many Thai volunteers had become fluent in the local language, enabling them to fully understand and engage with the community’s needs.

ManBear Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
AN-FARC-IN-COLOMBIA-2-1.jpg

That night at the camps the resistance celebrated. At small camps across the Island inside caves and under the cover of the dense foliage of the jungle canopy, the resistance fighters cheered at the success of their operation. Jean-Marie Babtisedrank from his canteen as his officers continued to pour alcohol in each other's canteens. As they continued to jeer each other on Jean-Marie could not join them in their smiles and excitment.

He rolled his tongue inside is mouth as he scrapped the food stuck between. It was not Babtise's first war. Today they were alive because of the element of surprise. Yet their intelligence was faulty, the Thai nor the Poles were at the port. Their attack on the base failed, they had limited anti-air weapons and could not afford to use them on low-flying helicopters.

The seven-hour cease-fire would give the Poles time to regroup and allow their men outside the city to be consolidated in their fortified base. No doubt that the Poles were now aware of the reality of their situation and that the real fight would begin. Babtise just sighed deeply as he took another swig from his canteen. Nonetheless, today was the day for his men to celebrate. Tomorrow could wait. For these young revolutionaries, the numbness of invincibility would be crucial. This war can not be won without them, that much Babtise knew. It was just his experience that it would not be as easy as these young fools may believe.

Whilst ships were en route and reinforce them, the commander decided it was best to address his men. With men retrieving the dead and wounded Polish soldiers within the city and without, following the seven hour ceasefire, and the remaining Polish medical personnel and soldiers outside the city returned to the safety of the base, the commander would come over the encrypted radios of all Polish soldiers.

Elsewhere at Duchamp's camp, she would take this time to reposition her operatives. They managed to capture two Polish soldiers, holding them at an undisclosed cave network north of the Island under armed guard. There was no information they could gain from them but at least it was something to keep the Polish on their toes about. Unfortunately, they were just two lowly medical staff.

Duchamp's operatives failed to get into the camp as they had hoped, using the foreign population to blend in and seek refuge had proved unsuccessful. For now, their operatives would remain with the other tourists and keep her in the loop of what was going on with that group of the population.

Her forces would now control the Ouvéa, Maré, Koumac, and La Tontouta International Airports. They would be using their radars to monitor air movements and to monitor Polish and potentially other foreign assets. The airports and their towers would be guarded by Duchamp intelligence officers and Kombouaré special forces including former GIGN members of the local garrison. Their ability to use radars was useful now given that the next stage of the fight would be far more difficult with the element of surprise lost.

Duchamp was just disappointed her portion of the attack, the VBEID, had failed, and it was likely she needed another success to keep herself relevant to the other cells. For now she would bide her time trying to monitor Polish communications and crack their encryption.

Kombouaré and his special forces had been largely successful. They captured the governor and other loyalist politicians, some eighty Gendarmires defected to their side, and they were now armed with better equipment from the local garrison. He kept a small detachment of troops at the petrol depot, the airfield, and other government sites to allow him access to those crucial resources. He would be tasked with transferring mortars and MILAN missiles to the other cells using commandeered civilian trucks to get them across the Island.

Most important perhaps was Kombouaré's control of the
Nouméa Magenta Airport. From here Kombouaré was able to secure his own source of intelligence and monitor the airspace. In addition, his forces could use the aircraft to ferry equipment to other resistance fighters on the other Islands. Using the precious time he had Kombouaré delivered weapons, heavy anti-tank rockets, ammunition, explosives, and engineering equipment to the smaller Islands.

The ability to use these planes would likely be limited in the long run and so he would have to make the best of it for now. More resistance fighters would be transported to the Islands along with the weapons to help build the defenses. Some of the captured French officials would also be sent to the Islands to be held.

The resistance would use this time to set up hunter-killer teams armed with Kornet and Milan-guided anti-tank missile sites. In teams of five the following locations would have teams dug-in and hidden secretly allowing them to target potential areas of movement.

-22.055811831123798, 166.042361088473
-20.54853338269334, 166.56639104102342
-20.78730882435345, 167.12373834559676
-20.920553386709326, 167.2769644956935
-21.550149140530202, 167.8792864021633
-22.229950470594076, 166.52325571898896
-22.22996990164959, 166.52447321302154
-22.34600055386147, 166.88770324780901
-21.546655807350028, 167.877490686151

At the airports under their control, the resistance would bring Igla and Mistra manpads dispatched to protect these sites. For now, they would rebuild their defense networks and send scouts to monitor the main Polish base. In the city, unmarked rebels would roam the streets to keep an eye on things. Duchamp's spies would be embedded in the city and watch for any changes in movement. Her operatives at the resorts would pass on crucial information about some of the tourists looking for boats to try and sail for Australia or Indonesia.

At the airport, the civilians who rushed to try and get flights would be forced to leave and told to await further instructions at their accommodations. Hotels and other tourist infrastructure would be told to accommodate the foreigners and locals alike. Those with relatives outside the city would rush to pack their belongings and leave the city.

For now, the seven-hour cease-fire would hold. However, it would be inevitable that the fighting resumes. As everyone held their breaths and prayed the resistance knew it would have to determine the next phase of the conflict. As their diplomats did their best to create better conditions, the hardened military officers knew better of their occupiers. Perhaps they had a few cards left to play...

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Warsaw-Okęcie Air Base, Warsaw, Poland

The sun was high in the sky, painting rays of gold on the black tarmac while the shadows of personnel and equipment for the airbase danced across the ground as they set to work. Orders had been given to them to begin preparations for the C-5A Galaxy aircraft, the cornerstone of Poland's airlift command structure, to begin transporting equipment to Australia where they would then be shipped to New Caledonia in preparation for the offensive against the insurgents. These men had all heard the news regarding the loss of their fellow soldiers of Poland and they did their duty diligently.

While they were busy preparing the aircraft for the long transit, pilots and crewmembers would rest as much as possible between medical examinations to insure they were in good health. The long flight would take a toll on their bodies as they would transit to Australia and back again several times, deploying the venerable KTO Rosomak to their destination. While they were preparing the base began rumbling as a contingent of nearly two hundred Polish soldiers from the 5th Podhale Rifles Battalion arrived with their KTO Rosomaks. Eighteen fighting machines with their 30mm Hitfist turrets seemed eager to join the fight on the ground in New Caledonia. Even the machines seemed to vibrate with the rage every Polish soldier felt in their chest when the news came across the bulletin boards.

Polish Forward Operating Base Sokoly, Noumea, New Caledonia

With the opening of hostilities, it was decided that the Humanitarian Base be reclassified as a Forward Operating Base and given a proper name. It was decided by the forces on the ground that this base would be their version of the Alamo and a single Polish Flag was raised on the roof of the Cruise Terminal Building, below the New Caledonian and French flag. This base would be where they would sacrifice their lives if needed. That was not the only activity during the ceasefire. Non-combat forces would be loaded onto the Mercy-class hospital ship as well as all the wounded Polish personnel. Once they were loaded the ship carefully left the port and positioned itself -22.32904, 166.40394, near the Hilton Resort island six kilometers from the main island.

The two Yi-Sun-Sin-class Destroyers would take up positions at -22.31186, 166.42223(OKP Dabie) and -22.28653, 166.52748(OKP Jamno) respectively. From there, the two ships would facilitate refueling and rearming of the five helicopters in conjunction with FOB Sokoly. This would limit the enemy's chances of targeting the helicopters during take off and landing, the two most dangerous times for the helicopters. While onboard these ships, the helicopters would insure their door guns were in working order and fully loaded before the end of the cease fire period.

The Lublin-class Landing ship would leave port with a full load of fuel and a full complement of personnel and begin sailing towards Brisbane Port where they would begin preparations to begin transporting equipment to and from Brisbane to New Caledonia.

On the ground, forces would begin preparing for attacks by fortifying the base and placing armed Skorpion 3 trucks in key locations throughout the base. With the lack of heavy support weapons, they would need to rely on air support to provide cover for them from the heavier armed forces. With support from the two destroyers in the bays surround Noumea, they felt the calm before the storm settle onto their hearts. Many of the sailors were having adrenaline induced vomiting and shakes as they prepared sandbags, makeshift fortifications utilizing abandoned vehicles and furniture. The Poles were used to fighting a superior force and it would show in the coming battles.

Jay

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangkok
17:00 ICT (GMT +7)
June 30, 2004

The moonlight bathed the bustling city of Bangkok, setting the stage for its vibrant nightlife. Surakiart Sathirathai, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, was preparing to leave his office at the Foreign Ministry. As he watched the news on his tablet, his phone rang, drawing his attention. He saw the number of someone he hadn’t spoken to in a long time. A curious smile crossed his lips as he answered the call. “Sak, my friend, what brings the caretaker of New Caledonia to call me?”

On the other end, Sak laughed warmly. “It’s been a while, hasn’t it? Six years, one month, and a few weeks since we gained our freedom. How could we forget that day?” He chuckled; a smirk evident in his voice. “I hear you’re interested in talking with the Kanak Independence Movement. Don’t ask how I know—some people never lose their knack for gathering intel. Can you believe he’s in charge of the NIA now?”

Surakiart’s eyes widened at his old friend’s remarks. “Quite a coincidence. The Prime Minister, Defense Minister, and I were just fooled by him. Now I suspect he was talking about you.” His tone grew more measured. “It’s not me who wants to talk with the young revolutionaries; it’s our people who want to know what’s happening over there.” Surakiart paused, glancing at a bronze coin on his desk. “What do you have to tell me? If it’s important, I might kick you. I want to get back to my family.”

Sak chuckled, clearly amused. “A young man named Éloi Declerc met with me this evening. He claims to be the leader of the Kanak Independence Movement and now represents the New Caledonian Government.” He laughed again. “Still young and idealistic, just like we were. But you know what hasn’t changed? The fire in the eyes of those seeking freedom from oppression.” He laughed. “I’ve given him your number. If he calls, hear him out.”

Surakiart made a note on his tablet. “Interesting. I wouldn’t expect less from someone who once led the Libertarian Socialist Movement during that six-month revolution. I’m glad we didn’t kill each other since I’m from the gradualist faction. We had our common struggle. But permanent revolution was never my cup of tea. Still, I can definitely offer that boy some help. There’s a reason why Thais are hesitant to foster ties with the French crown. Blame the Prime Minister, Industry Minister, and Energy Minister for their progressive thoughts. I can’t deny it’s helped stabilize our ‘socialist’ Republic, though.”

Sak's smile was almost audible through the phone. “How is Mr. Chuan? I miss him terribly after being away for two years. Is he still the hope for our people?” he asked sincerely, inspired by the man. “We all owe him a lot. No one expected a leader of the royalist Democrat party to back our revolution. He's had some issues with his party lately, hasn't he? I doubt he truly supports our socialist transformation, but he despises the neoliberal ideas of the new Democrat party led by the Opposition Leader.” Sak sighed.

Surakiart’s expression grew somber at the mention of Secretary Chuan. “Yes, our old man is struggling to find his place in Thailand other than being the father of our Republic. He’s currently involved in multinational discussions with Australia, New Zealand, the United States, and Poland about New Caledonia.” He paused, his voice thick with emotion. “He loves Thailand deeply, but he’s getting too old. He should be resting, but he’s determined to continue the work he started.”

Sak’s voice softened with shared sorrow. “That's enough for today. You're going to make me cry. Goodbye, my comrade.”

At the same time, two Endurance-class Landing Platform Dock, along with two Similan-class Replenishment Oilers from the Logistic Support Squadron Five (LSS5), would depart from Thailand to New Caledonia to pick up their HAFNC. OK > OJ > PJ > QJ > RI > RH > RG

Last edited:

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Secret unless contextual possible.

Meanwhile, in Thailand, the Republic Thai Navy had been preparing for a large-scale evacuation operation of foreign nationals and local refugees from New Caledonia. Given the current Framework of Defense Readiness Postures (FDRP) recommended armed forces posture was Peace Time Readiness (PTR), the Republic Navy focused on conducting routine patrols, maintaining seafaring and combat readiness, and overseeing regular maintenance of naval vessels and equipment. During this period, the largest naval base in Southeast Asia, the Sattahip Naval Base, was vibrant with activity. Various naval forces from different maritime regions of Thailand visited the port to prepare for the operation. Six Similan-class Replenishment Tankers (Type 903) from the Logistic Support Squadrons Three, Four, and Six (LSS3, LSS4, and LSS6) were docked at Sattahip, along with dozens of other military naval vessels.

For the Amphibious and Combat Support Service Squadron Two (ACSSS2), 15 of its Endurance-class Landing Platform Docks (LPDs) were assessed and maintained to be ready for deployment to New Caledonia. Intelligence reports indicated partially functional ports in New Caledonia, so ACSSS2 was supported by the Amphibious and Combat Support Service Squadron One (ACSSS1), which provided an additional 100 Mannok-Class Landing Ships. The RTNAF Squadron 601 was also mobilized to deploy 34 helicopters on board the Endurance-class LPDs. Each Endurance-class LPD was equipped to carry a Eurocopter EC725 and a Kamov Ka-226. A total of 2,387 Republic Navy service members were called to partake in this evacuation operation.

The Endurance-class LPDs were armed with six Mistral 2 missiles launched from two Simbad twin launcher mounts, 640 rounds of high-explosive (HE) ammunition for the Oto Melara 76 mm super rapid gun, and 1,500 rounds of high-explosive incendiary (HEI) ammunition for each of the two 25 mm M242 Bushmaster Mk 38 Mod 2 cannons, equipped with stabilized Typhoon weapon sighting systems mounted amidships on the port and starboard sides. Additionally, they carried 2,000 rounds of Raufoss Mk 211 ammunition for each of the four STK 50MG heavy machine guns (HMGs). The LPDs were also outfitted with two GEC Marconi Marine Shield III 102 mm sextuple fixed chaff/decoy launchers and the RAFAEL RAN 1101 electronic warfare (EW) suite.

Each Eurocopter EC725 was capable of being equipped with a pair of 7.62 mm FN MAG machine guns with 200 rounds each, mounted within the forward left and right windows, or alternatively, with two air-to-ground rocket systems (68 mm, 2.75") featuring 19 tubes, and one MU90 Impact torpedo. Each Eurocopter EC725 would be able to conduct the total of six sorties for each type of ammunitions or weapon systems.​

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
dopely-thai-red-shirts.png

Democracy Monument
17:30 ICT (GMT +7)
Bangkok, Thailand

As the opening notes of a song echoed through Bangkok from the Democracy Monument, many reached for a specific red shirt in their wardrobes. Despite years of wear, the white, bold letters spelling "COMMON PEOPLE" on the front remained vibrant. As people locked their doors and stepped out of their houses, the sound of drums thumped through the city, calling the free people together. United by the bold white letters on the backs of their red shirts reading "THE LIBERTARIAN SOCIALIST," they marched. This defunct political organization from the 1998 revolution had once again mobilized for a peaceful assembly.

In front of a large crowd stretching from the Democracy Monument's roundabout, familiar faces took the stage, their eyes as fervent as they had been before the Republic was established. A man with black glasses and a black beard stepped forward as the crowd quieted. He had been a leading figure in the Libertarian Socialist faction during the revolution. "My socialist comrades!" he shouted through his wireless microphone. "Once again, our unjust and exploitative world has disgraced humanity, yearning for our liberty and freedom from systematic oppression." The crowd watched him with anticipation.

"New Caledonia is in a dire situation," the man began, his voice steady. "Not because of political or economic instability, but because of the heightened threat from the capitalist world seeking to undermine their liberty and freedom." He paused, letting the words sink in. "We are not here just as Thai citizens reminding our democratically elected government to honor our revolutionary legacy. No. We are here as those who fought against the oppressive royal crown, now watching the new generation of revolutionaries in New Caledonia seek to overthrow the systemic inequality imposed by Versailles."

As the crowd began to stir, the man picked up a pole with a partially cut red flag. "This flag symbolizes our struggle against the monarchy! We fought to create a true classless society in our lifetime. Our people proved to the world that with the power of the common man, we could overcome the entrenched monarchy, our greatest obstacle to a just society." He paused, adjusting the pole until it stood straight. "But that was not the end. Now, as our fellow humans seek to fight oppression from others who claim superiority, how can we simply watch it happen?" He looked out at the crowd, his eyes searching theirs for resolve.

"If we haven't forgotten our shared revolutionary past, how can we remain in the shadows while the inexperienced seek their liberty and freedom?" He paused, a smile crossing his face. "For New Caledonia, their land is not just soil that gives them bread; it's a land that defines their common identity. The era of colonialism is long gone, my comrades. The days of exploitative oppression and systemic inequality should be over. We must ensure that our friends in New Caledonia gain every possible advantage."

The man raised two fingers. "We, the former Libertarian Socialists, must act according to these two steps. First, as workers in medium to large cooperatives, we have the power to stop all technological transfer programs to the French Empire by ceasing operations in all joint research projects. We can handle these tasks ourselves. Second, we must divest all our assets in French currency by voting for such a decision within our cooperatives. With the French economy facing its gravest collapse, we must not allow the elites in France to benefit from our wealth and labor." He paused. "If we implement these two steps collectively, we ensure that the independence movement in New Caledonia continues to gain traction." A thoughtful silence followed.

"Before our song ends, I want to share a word with our friends in New Caledonia. For a colonized people, the most essential value, because it is the most concrete, is first and foremost the land: the land that brings them bread and, above all, dignity. Thank you." As the man finished, the crowd roared like a lightning strike.

1.png

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Secret unless contextual possible.

Preparation Phase (HAFNC Extraction)

Extraction Preparation Phase

By this time, the first two Endurance-class Landing Platform Docks (LPDs) and two Smilian-class Replenishment Tankers (Type 903) had arrived within a 30-kilometer radius of the NEG4 Task Force, stationed a hundred kilometers from the nearest New Caledonian shore. The necessary coordination and arrangements between the Republic Navy and the HAFNC had been adjusted and implemented to facilitate evacuation and rendezvous at the coordinates 21°51'44.03"S 165°48'53.34"E. As the four auxiliary vessels passed the NEG4 Task Force, four Eurocopter EC725 helicopters flew towards the auxiliary fleet. Each Endurance-class LPD housed two EC725 helicopters, with one of each armed with a MU90 Torpedo. Two of the helicopters were equipped with a pair of 7.62 mm FN MAG machine guns with 200 rounds each, while the other two were outfitted with air-to-ground rocket systems (68 mm, 2.75") featuring 19 tubes arming with rockets. Each Endurance-class LPD carried at least one helicopter with each armament configuration.

The Endurance-class LPDs had six Mistral 2 missiles launched from two Simbad twin launcher mounts, which were always manned and ready to fire. The vessels were also prepared to use their Oto Melara 76 mm super rapid gun, supplied with 640 rounds of high-explosive (HE) ammunition. Sailors were stationed at their posts, ready to fire the two 25 mm M242 Bushmaster Mk 38 Mod 2 cannons, equipped with stabilized Typhoon weapon sighting systems mounted amidships on the port and starboard sides, with each cannon supplied with 1,500 rounds of high-explosive incendiary (HEI) ammunition. Additionally, gunners were assigned to operate four STK 50MG heavy machine guns (HMGs) carrying 2,000 rounds of Raufoss Mk 211 ammunition each. The LPDs were also outfitted with two GEC Marconi Marine Shield III 102 mm sextuple fixed chaff/decoy launchers and the RAFAEL RAN 1101 electronic warfare (EW) suite, all of which were ready for use.

Each seafarer is equipped with lightweight, waterproof body armor that integrates nanotechnology for maximum resistance against ballistic threats and corrosion from saltwater. The armor also provides buoyancy support, aiding survival in water. The standard issue firearm for naval personnel is the Heckler & Koch HK416 rifle fitted with accessory rails for attachments like tactical lights and optical sights. The Sig Sauer P226, used as the sidearm and personnel are also equipped with a variety of munitions including fragmentation, smoke, and flash grenades. Naval personnel are issued advanced, encrypted tactical radios and maritime GPS systems that maintain their functionality even in the harshest sea conditions. The GPS systems are equipped with maritime charts and include features for weather forecasts and sea current patterns to aid in navigation.

Navy personnel are issued a range of specialized equipment based on their assignments, which also includes state-of-the-art diving gear equipped with rebreathers for extended underwater operations. Each sailor is provided with a personal first aid kit that includes advanced medical supplies such as saline solution for hydration, sea sickness tablets, and sunburn treatments. Each member also has access to personal comprehensive survival kit that includes items like life rafts, signal flares, long-life water and food rations, fishing kits, and solar stills for desalination of seawater. Navy personnel also carry technical equipment such as multi-function watches with depth meters and compasses, handheld sonar devices for detecting underwater obstacles, and laser range finders for accurate distance measurements.

During the Auxiliary Fleet movement closer to the extracting zone for the HAFNC, the NEG4 Task Force was always vigilant and observer of their situational awareness and constantly conducting surveillance using their radar and Hermes 450. The Hermes, which would always have at least four of them on the sky, would be flying within the 80 kilometers radius of the carrier deck. They would fly at the speed of 5,400 meters while flying at its cruise speed. Additionally, four Hermes 450 UAVs, each armed with a payload of four Spike-LR missiles, were placed on standby. These UAVs were equipped with cutting-edge surveillance technology, including Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) sensors, Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) with Ground Moving Target Indication (GMTI) capabilities, a Communications Intelligence (COMINT) suite, and Electronic Warfare (EW) systems. The air mission objective of these Hermes were to constantly observing and surveillance the extracting area from afar.​

Extraction Operational Phase

Before the two Endurance-class LPDs entered New Caledonian territorial waters, the two Similan-class Replenishment Tankers (Type 903) remained stationed with the NEG4 Task Force. After being successfully refueled and resupplied, the extraction fleet of the two Endurance-class LPDs sailed toward 21°53'50.89"S 165°45'32.55"E at a maximum speed of 15 knots. The Thai flags were raised high on these vessels while the two helicopters flew 500 meters ahead of the auxiliary vessels. The helicopters were fully manned to operate and utilize all their armaments before taking off from the Endurance-class LPDs’ decks.

Although the Kanak Independence Movement had agreed to ensure the safe extraction of the HAFNC, the entire extraction force, as well as the NEG4 Task Group, were prepared to intervene forcefully if the agreement was breached by the K-I-M. The Endurance-class LPDs would halt approximately 50 meters from the shoreline. This shoreline was defined as the line separating an area of water that could and could not facilitate the sailing of the Endurance-class vessels. Therefore, the shoreline was not determined by the transition from beach sand to water but rather by the navigable depth for the Endurance-class vessels. The four helicopters, each capable of carrying 29 passengers, would then serve as the primary platform for extracting the Thai HAFNC personnel.

After approximately one hour of extracting all HAFNC personnel from New Caledonia, the two Endurance-class LPDs immediately returned to the NEG4 Task Force to regroup with the two Similan-class Replenishment Tankers (Type 903). They proceeded to restock their fuel and supplies before returning to Thailand in the same manner in which they had sailed to New Caledonia.​

Jay

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Private​

FOB Sokoly, Noumea, New Caledonia | -55 Hours to HAFNC Extraction

In preparation for the oncoming hostilities from the insurgent forces of the K-I-M, Polish forces would begin broadcasting over loudspeakers attached to the Terminal building that all civilians should vacate the immediate area of the Polish base to reduce their risk of injury or death during the anticipated firefight. They would repeat this broadcast every few minutes in French and in English to allow the civilian forces to better understand the message. They advised anyone from Ave Paul Doumer to Boulevard Vauban to Ave de la Victoire evacuated away from the area. While broadcasting this message, Polish forces would continue to reinforce their positions utilizing abandoned cars immediately around the Polish base. License plate numbers would be written down and sent to the command ship, OKP Jamno, so that the owner of the vehicles could be compensated if they were damaged during the conflict. The OKP Jamno and OKP Dabie would prepare their 5 inch (127 mm)/L62 caliber Mk 45 Mod 4 naval guns in preparation for firing orders from ground forces while W-3A helicopters were ensured their onboard machine guns were fully loaded and in working order.

OKP Jamno, Pacific Ocean | -55 Hours to HAFNC Extraction

Meanwhile, onboard the Jamno, special forces commanders would work quickly to formulate an offensive plan to begin taking back Noumea from insurgent forces. Several plans were drawn up for night raids into enemy occupied areas to draw their attention away from Noumea, including paddling RHIBs out of the port before starting their engines and attacking the airport, hopefully drawing their attention away from the base. For this, helicopter pilots were placed on a rotating sleep schedule to allow distinct night time and daytime pilots to insure the base would have air support during the oncoming attacks. They just had to hold out until their reinforcements arrived from Task Force Amber Sentinel and the reinforcements being flown in from Poland via the C-5 Galaxy and CC-150 transport planes.

Warsaw-Okęcie Air Base, Warsaw, Poland | -55 Hours to HAFNC Extraction

The C-5A Galaxy would be loaded with its first load of five KTO Rosomak M1 vehicles would be loaded into the C-5 Galaxy. With the change in number of aircraft capable of being transported by the C-5 Galaxy, another two Rosomaks would be called in from the 5th Podhale Rifles alongside the armaments and personnel to operate the vehicle and infantry forces attached to them, bringing the final total to twenty Rosomaks and two hundred and twenty personnel. Every soldiers would have their appropriate gear, equipment, and weapons before boarding the two CC-150 transport planes. With the personnel split between the two planes, the cargo hold would be filled with additional ammunition, supplies, and equipment for the forces to utilize on the ground. The C-5A Galaxy would carry a second set of air crew to allow each member of the crew to be rested during the trip. Loadmasters and ground crew would ensure the load aboard each aircraft was effectively secured for the transit.

All three aforementioned aircraft would take off from Warsaw-Okecie Air Base and begin travelling towards the Polish-Egyptian Airbase where the Polish refueling squadron called home. Taking off with them would be two four plane squadrons of MiG-29Ms and 2 CC-150T where they would land at the Polish-Egyptian refueling base. Once there the fleet of aircraft would refuel and prepare for the next leg of the journey.

Transit: KO-KN-KM-KL

Last edited:

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
At the strategic outpost of the Poles, the cover of darkness and limited Polish presence afforded the rebels the opportunity to pick their next assault. As the Poles no doubt would be bracing for an imminent and audacious rebel attack the rebel command would decide to utilize this time to take on the garrison and overwhelm it. The goal was simple either dislodge the Polish garrison and reclaim the base or force a catarsophic retreat. As the moonless sky provided the Rebels with the freedom of movement.

Rebel commandos, made up of mostly former French soldiers and special forces, would use the water and moonless sky to cover their silent approach. They slipped into the cold waters behind the base at the designated time, slowly creeping towards the base. Once they had the base in sight and were prepared to attack, they sat in the water floating waiting for their sign.

In the hills overlooking the base, rebel spotters, equipped with stolen French mortars, coordinated their fire. Their eyes scanned the battlefield, relaying corrections to ensure each explosive shell found its mark. The mortars would pounded the main gate relentlessly. Every five volleys would be followed by two volleys targeting randomly inside the base.

The main attack, a cacophony of mortars and gunfire, erupted at the front gate, serving as the perfect distraction. While the garrison’s attention would be fixed on the blazing front, the commandos would swim silnelty to emerged from behind and scale the defenses. They carried explosives, personal weapons, and sabtage equipment.

The rebels would then launch their main attack advancing towards the main gate. Under the cover of mortar fire, they moved with speed. Explosions shattered the night, and the gate’s sturdy defenses would buckle and collapse under the pressure of explosive rounds. The rebels pressed on.

Simultaneously, other rebel elements exploited the cover of buildings and sought to utilize the urban landscape. The architecture of the Polish's position had became their ally, providing shadows and hiding spots as they moved around the main fighting. Moving in small, coordinated groups, they navigated the narrow streets, evading detection and positioning themselves for the next phase.

They would use the streched out defenses to their advantage. Placing explosives on multiple points along the wall and detonating them. These smaller more mobile teams intended to divert limited resources of the defenders.

The presence of car blockades made vehicle manuvering impossible. The Rebels redeployed their vehicle assets away from the fight, intending to use them on later engagements. From vantage points within the buildings, rebel sharpshooters took their positions. The marksmen's tasks were to disrupt any Polish attempt to manuver. Every window, every rooftop became a potential sniper’s nest. As Polish soldiers tried to maneuver they would find themselves pinned down by precise and deadly fire. The urban environment would be used to the attacker's advntage allowing them to turn the space into a labyrinth where every corner could harbor a lethal threat.

Moreover this would limit the Polish, who by far outclassed the majority of the rebels. By diverting their fighting capabilities and placing burdens on the ability to relocate their assets or to pinpoint rebel forces the attack would carry on.

At the rear, another group of rebels stood ready with MANPADs, while supply was limited, and each shot needed to count, they would be able to hit any low flying Polish Helicopters. They watched the skies, waiting for the inevitable appearance of Polish helicopters. Some were on top of buildings while others hid inside buildings waiting to hear the whir of rotorblades. Ready to dash out into the counteryard and fire.

The rebels commandos would wait a good fifteen minutes before swiming closer to the base and scaling the wall to attack the rear of the base. Any boat in their path would be laced with C4 ready to be destroyed.

ManBear

Last edited:

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
New Caledonia, France, Pacific Ocean | -48 Hours to HAFNC Extraction

As night descended on the island, Poland's beleaguered forces felt the anxiety of the upcoming battle wash over their skin. The moonless night made the members of the humanitarian mission jumpy to the slightest sound or movement in the darkened shadows that were cast by the streetlights around them. The walls of the base were nothing special except that they provided some protection for the Polish equipment housed within. The veteran fighters of the special forces, that were on the ground and not with their designated helicopters aboard the ships, would move throughout the defensive platform to reassure the non-combat soldiers who suddenly found themselves fighting for their lives.

The first whistling sound of an incoming mortar cause shouts from the veteran special forces to hit the ground and take cover. Then an immediate encrypted radio call went over the net to the two destroyers that were awaiting for the word of the upcoming attack. The sailors on board would immediately jump to action and bring their 5" guns to bear on their intended targets. The OKP Dabie would wait for radio callouts from helicopters that would be launching from the flight deck for firing positions. The OKP Jamno would utilize pre-existing maps to formulate firing solutions on the Magenta Airport. OKP Dabie would manually load illumination flares to fire every few minutes over the base, insuring there was an unending light around the base until accurate firing targets were relayed to them. The OKP Jamno would begin firing HE-ICM rounds over the airport at different locations, they were expecting a significant amount of enemy casualties at the airport, insuring they targeted the ATC in the first strike while also targeting locations for radar before striking hangars and terminal buildings.

The main forces of the Polish base would engage the enemy forces with their FB Beryl assault rifles, careful to only target clear targets under the illumination rounds to conserve ammunition. Unlike a majority of the rebels attacking them, they had all received training in their service rifles. Special Forces Operations would move between defensive sections to offer motivational support and instructions as the fight raged on around them. They had not expected a rear assault through the water and thus the guards watching the rear were more concerned over the onslaught coming from the main gate. Polish ships had been moved out to sea to protect them from incursions in case they were boarded so the rebel commandos did not find any Polish ships to engage. The Skorpion 3 vehicles would utilize their armored 12.7mm machine guns to engage buildings were sniper fire was indicated. As the forces had no crew served weapons or anti-material rockets, they had to rely mainly on their 12.7mm guns to provide suppressing fire on the enemy snipers.

Two helicopters from the Dabie would take only a few minutes to rise into the air, with their two crew served window guns and special forces snipers on board. Their goal was to circle the city at an altitude to call in mortar locations for the OKP Dabie to fire at. As these targets were called in, magazines of HE-PD shells were loaded onto the 5" gun. Each target called would find three high-explosive, point detonating shells incoming on their position. Helicopters would monitor for RPG fire utilizing night vision goggles on the helicopter crew members and the special forces operators.

As the rear attack came, the enemy commandos would suddenly find themselves fighting not only special forces operators who would withdraw to the rear but also their military working dogs that had been trained to attack on command. Within a ten minutes of the attack beginning, the last illumination round would end and soldiers who had night vision devices would switch them on and begin a counter attack against the potentially night blind enemies on both sides. There were not to be any captures. Polish soldiers would shoot to kill while helicopters would fire on enemies from above.

Helicopters from the OKP Jamno would fly towards the Magenta Airport to provide reconnaissance for the OKP Jamno as she continued to fire the cluster munitions against the legitimate target, insuring the enemies could use it any further. Any signs of anti-aircraft missiles or RPGs would result in the helicopters popping their countermeasures and moving in a defensive manner to allow door gunners or snipers to engage hostiles.

Task Force Amber Sentinel, Philippine Sea | -40 Hours to Arrival

The 1st Flotilla would be apprised of undergoing operations on the ground by the OKP Dabie as events unfolded. They would carefully monitor the ongoing conflict through those communications as they readied themselves for the upcoming conflict. The next forty hours would involve each combat and weapon system undergoing checks and insuring everything was in combat shape for when they arrived at the base. Each ship would take turns in refueling and replenishing supplies as needed during the transit. Helicopters, guns, and soldiers would ensure they were well maintenance, refueled, and rested before arriving to ensure their fighting ability would not diminish before arriving. GROM operators would perform equipment maintenance to insure their combat equipment was ready to go once they were in range to enter the combat zone.

Polish Mechanized Contingent, Cairo, Egypt | -60 Hours to Arrival

As the contingent landed at Cairo airport, the planes would replenish their fuel tanks and auxiliary fuel tanks which would be required for the upcoming trip to Thailand's Chiang Ma Airbase. Soldiers would rest as mush as possible while they replenished their onboard supplies and eat and drink in order to stay healthy. Pilots would rotate at this point to insure they were able to maintain the flight to Chiang Ma without compromising their ability to rest. At this Point the MiG-29M fights would also refuel while the pilots rested for their return trip back to Poland, the extent of their protection having passed.

Jay

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
FOB Sokoly, Noumea, New Caledonia - 20 Hours to Arrival of Task Force Amber Sentinel

The sun dipped low on the horizon of New Caledonia, casting long shadows over the battered remains of the Polish base of operations in Noumea. Smoke from burning vehicles and spotty fires cast the immediate surroundings in a hazy fog setting the scene for what had been occurring the previous twenty hours. The acrid smell of burning fuel and gunpowder filled the air and burned the sinuses of everyone still able to draw breath within the FOB. The air was filled with the sounds of heated metal cooling in the cool breeze blowing from the ocean, which served to push the sounds of the wounded throughout the city as Polish forces moved to render what aide they were capable of giving.

Captain Jakub Witkowski would look over the survey the scene before him with a heavy heart. The siege had been a harrowing event for all of those involved. The grueling assault carried out by the K-I-M lasted for nearly twenty hours in a constant battle for supremacy over what was once a cruise ship terminal. Now, as the dust had begun to be swept away by the evening breeze, the immediate aftermath was clear for anyone present to witness. Medics rushed between fighting positions, craters, burnt out vehicles. Wherever there was a wounded soldier, Polish or K-I-M, the medics would be there rendering first aide to those that needed it. Anyone who was deemed to far gone was given an extra dose of morphine to allow their passing to be easier. That didn't stop the other wounded from crying out for help across the battlefield. A mixture of Polish and French could be heard throughout the area begging for help.

The thumping of helicopter blades could be heard flying overhead, providing security for the beleaguered Polish forces, while another rested its wheels on a clear section of the asphalt. As the helicopter touched down, more doctors and nurses rushed out of the helicopter to begin assisting the medics of the GROM unit with the wounded. As soon as it had taken to the air and was heading back towards the hospital ship, carrying the critical wounded, another landed, this time carrying more medical supplies for the medical professionals on site. This time a lone GROM operator wearing three stars of a Porucznik(Lieutenant) stepped off with the supplies and approached the good captain. His own once clean uniform was covered in bodily fluids, dirt, and grime signifying he had seen a majority of the fight himself.

"Captain, overwatch reports that we have the immediate area secured. Noumea airport has also been secured by our forces but it suffered heavy damage from our five inch shells from the Jamno. It is not currently operational capacity. Radars and the ATC have been rendered inoperative but the runways remain clear for use. From what the Dabie has told me, the Flotilla is still a day away and we are running low on ammunition."

"Have the men scavenge weapons and ammunition from the insurgents. Create a stockpile at the terminal building and begin distributing weapons and ammunition to the those who need it. Have overwatch continue day and night but allow our pilots and aircraft to rest. Last thing we need are our pilots getting sloppy while providing the only cover we can get. Their eyes are important. Begin drawdown measures once we have evacuated the wounded."

The Captain would turn to one of the medics as they passed by him, grabbing the man by the arm.

"Sierżant gather our dead and place them near the loading area for the cruise ships. Gather the enemy dead and place them near the entrance to the gate. These men fought hard. Nearly as hard as we had to and deserve the respect of a proper burial according to their customs. We'll allow the K-I-M to gather their dead. Bring me the prisoner."

The medic would nod in agreement, forgoing the salute lest an enemy sniper see the opportunity to take out an officer. He would turn back to the GROM operator.

"Continue with the evacuation of the wounded to the Miej Litość. My direct orders are to care for everyone with the same level of care regardless of affiliation. The battlefield has no mercy but that does not mean we have to forsake our own. Dismissed."

As the soldiers set off about their task, Witkowski would make his way to the command center established within the Terminal Building. Or what was left of it. The concrete of the walls were pockmarked with bullet wounds and shrapnel from mortars. Chunks of the roof and been removed as if a child had taken a shovel to a sandcastle in a fit of frustration. Inside, what was left of his command team sat pouring over a map under the flickering lights, those that remained, above them. Several marks had been made on it and he could only guess they indicated rebel forces and their locations and expected fall back points. He looked over the map in near silence, save the constant ringing in his ears, until his attention was brought back to reality by the Sierzant holding a man, who had his hands ziptied behind his back, by the elbow.

"Dismissed Sierzant. You brought our dead compatriots back to us and we dishonored that by taking you prisoner. While I must apologize for that you must understand that you are the enemy and the last time we trusted one of you, a Polish soldier was stripped naked, beaten, and had his throat cut. My men were angry and, to be frank, you are lucky to still be walking and able to talk. But that is the past. Walk with me." The Captain would lead the ziptied man outside of the command center and into the hazy evening sun. The man's nose would undoubtedly curl at the acris smell of burnt gunpowder and burning rubber as he surveyed the scene before him. "Our estimates are that you outnumbered us ten to one. Even with those odds in your favor, you lost this battle. Your wounded will be taken the the Miej Litosc where they will receive medical treatment for their wounds. Your dead are being gathered at what used to be the front gates of this compound. You have a choice to make here. In twenty hours the Polish flotilla will arrive off the coast. Ten combat ships will be within striking range of the entire island. Seven of those ships are frigates carrying up to thirty-two tomahawk cruise missiles each. That is two hundred and twenty-four missiles that are roughly the same height as a two story building. Each of those seven ships carries a fifty-seven millimeter autocannon capable of firing two hundred and twenty rounds a minute up to nine miles away. I'm not saying this to threaten you. The only thing I am telling you is that I promise those cannons and those missiles will continue to fire on your friends until the tubes are empty and the barrels are melted if you and your compatriots continue attacking us. We came to help your people but you spit in our faces. You cannot say we harmed your people during our tenure as protectors of the island. We prevented foreign intervention in the island. And you thanked us by killing us. We repaid that hospitality by killing you more. I guarantee your forces will lose in the long run. If you kill us before our Floittla arrives, you will find that the gates of hell have opened up and Satan himself has decided to call your beautiful island his home on Earth. But it is in your hands now. Tell your commanders and your comrades what has occurred here and what I have promised you. Let them decide the fate of the island."

The Captain would pull his knife from its sheath before slicing the zipties and freeing the man's hands. He would motion to his men to allow the K-I-M member to leave through the front gate, fully able to see that so far the Captain's word was true with the dignified line of dead K-I-M soldiers lining the fence next to where the front gate once stood. As the Captain turned to gaze upon the tattered Polish flag flying atop the Cruise Terminal, he would hope that the insurgents would see to reason and call a ceasefire. He didn't want to destroy this beautiful island he wanted to retire on but he would in a heartbeat to save the men under his command.

Jay

Reactions: Jay

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
FOB Sokoly, Noumea, New Caledonia - 8 Hours to the Arrival of Task Force Amber Sentinel

Twelve hours of ceasefire did little to allay the nerves of the Polish forces on the Island. They knew that the K-I-M insurrectionists could get a hair up their ass and begin the fighting anew at any point. The Poles had spent a majority of the night evacuating the wounded that would require emergency intervention to survive while those still able to fight were bandaged and set about reinforcing their positions incase of another attack by the insurgents. Ten GROM soldiers had been killed in action while another twenty had been wounded and required evacuation. Roughly thirty of the ship based security teams had been killed while another twenty-seven had been wounded and required evacuation back to the Mercy-class hospital ship. That left twenty combat capable GROM operators with varying non-critical injuries in charge of roughly a hundred ship based security team members to protect the FOB from further attack.

The Captain in command of the GROM forces had been able to establish communications with the Dokdo-class Amphibious Assault Ship and relayed the situation to them. He had been informed that the Americans would have a fleet close enough to provide support within a few hours via their carrier-based fighters. This time the GROM Captain had an idea to further deter the enemy from attacking their base and it would require the American's assistance. He would relay the information to the Dokdo-class' commander before organizing him men and informing them of the plan.

OKP Huragon, Pacific Ocean - 7 Hours to Arrival

Upon receiving the request from the ground team on New Caledonia the OKP Huragon would work to establish over the horizon communications with the American fleet.

"American Carrier Group, American Carrier Group, this is the OKP Huragon with the Royal Polish Navy. We are requesting a flyby over Noumea Magenta Airport at precisely fourteen hundred hours local time. Repeat, ground forces are requesting a show of force via flyby over the Noumea Magenta Airport at precisely fourteen hundred hours local time."

Odinson

Noumea Magenta Airport, New Caledonia - 1400 Hours - 3 Hours to Arrival of Task Force Amber Sentinel

Contact had been made to the K-I-M insurgents via captured radios in order to facilitate an ending of hostilities between the two forces. He hoped that the American forces would have received the request and approved it in order for the plan to work successfully. Ten GROM Operators alongside the Captain stood in the middle of the runway with W-3A Sokol helicopters flying nearby to provide air support if they should require it.

It did not take long for the K-I-M forces to arrive via technical vehicles on the runway signified a tense standoff as the Captain approached the leaders of the insurgents. With a look at his watch he approached them. Five minutes to fourteen hundred.

"I am ending this conflict here and now. Our reinforcements are nearby and you cannot hope to contend with the full force a few kilometers off the coast." He looked at his watch once more. Three minutes. "Hand over the captured prisoners and surrender the leadership to face tribunal under Polish authority. Everyone else will be free to return to their homes and rebuild. I can promise you that you will receive a just and honorable trial back in Poland. And if not." He would look towards the heavens as if anticipating something. His watch began beeping indicating that it was precisely fourteen hundred hours, or two p.m.

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Private​

A call from the Polish warship OKP Huragon transmitted a request for a show of force from the U.S. Navy by doing a flyover Noumea Magenta Airport. The message was first securely received on the bridge and then securely transmitted to the flag bridge of the USS Nimitz. American Naval Air Forces were currently not cleared by the Pentagon to enter the airspace over New Caledonia. Rear Admiral Monroe, commander of Carrier Strike Group One, made a secure call to Admiral Daniel Greene, the Commander of the Pacific Fleet, headquartered at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. Monroe explained the situation to Greene, and requested clearance to buzz the airport as well as provide any and all support to stranded Polish forces who were on the ground. Greene securely called the Chief of Naval Operations, Ronald Underwood. Admiral Underwood briefed the President in the Situation Room at the White House in Washington. President Gore gave the green light for Carrier Strike Group One to provided whatever assistance was necessary in order to evacuate Polish soldiers and civilians stuck on New Caledonia (if that is what they wanted), which included shows of force.

The Captain of the Nimitz directed the radio operator to respond to the Polish warship, OKP Huragon on the appropriate, secure channel.

"OKP Huragon, OKP Huragon, this is the USS Nimitz. The National Command Authority has authorized our carrier strike group to assist you in the evacuation of Polish armed forces and civilians, by any necessary means. Marine Corps fighters will buzz Noumea Magenta Airport at fourteen hundred hours local time... It will be loud. Over."

The Captain of the Nimitz ordered that two Marine and two Navy F/A-18F Super Hornets be scrambled immediately, in that order.

The Marine Corps hornets proceeded directly towards the city of Noumea, flying at their cruising altitude until they were 50 miles southeast of Noumea airport. They would then dive down to just 500 feet above sea level and continue on their direct path to the airport. The fighters remained over water and flew over the Bay of Magenta and to the airport. Both fighters, flying in formation, roared over the airport while flying over what was left of the main runway at about 750 miles per hour, just under the speed of sound, and made their presence known. Once they were at the end of the runway they pulled up to 3,000 feet, circled back, and did another flyover of the runway before heading back out to open sea and increasing their altitude to 25,000 feet. From there, they went back directly to the carrier to land, individually, using the proper procedures.

Meanwhile, the Navy Hornets would have remained 75 miles southeast of Noumea in a holding pattern at 33,000 feet as they flew in formation, at cruising speed, and awaited the safe return of their Marine Corps compatriots. They would all return to the carrier if there were no issues.

ManBear Jay

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Secret and secure unless contextually possible. | NSST 1.0 Architecture

Onboard the Thai light aircraft carrier HTMS Uthong Naruebet, a group of sailors gathered around a table, playing Cards Against Humanity. The situation around New Caledonia had remained calm, giving them the rare opportunity to visit New Zealand for five days before returning to their post. Despite a strange aircraft hovering at the edge of their radar southeast of New Caledonia, there was no immediate threat to the Republic Navy. For the sailors, it felt like a peculiar kind of holiday.

“Are we really not going to discuss the four aircraft detected near that unidentified object on our radar?” a female naval officer asked, glancing at her crewmates, who were laughing at their card combinations. “This is complacency at its finest,” she muttered, turning back to her console as the system tracked the new aircraft. “What are these cards, anyway?” she asked, curious despite herself.

“We picked them up in New Zealand while you were busy,” a male officer replied with a grin. “It's a dark humor game. You match incomplete sentences with the funniest words possible.” He picked up two cards. “On holiday, when I visited my... I like to... with her. Of course, it's 'granny' and 'have sex.'” The group erupted in laughter. “You need a shared sense of humor to enjoy this game,” he said, gesturing for her to join them.

The female officer raised her eyebrows, looking unconvinced. “That’s a weird game. But seriously, these four aircraft are heading toward New Caledonia. Aren’t we going to do anything about it? You’re a superior officer—stop playing around.”

The male officer glanced up, smirking. “If it’s not British, it’s probably American Hornets. Not hard to guess which country has that kind of reach.” He paused, then added with a grin, “Which means we’ve got another whole country doing our job while we relax!” The room erupted in cheers.

Another female officer sitting nearby tapped the first one’s shoulder. “Come on, no need to be so serious. The frigates have data-linked from us. They, or their systems, are probably analyzing it already.” She chuckled as the NEG4 Task Force continued operating smoothly.

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
OKP Jamno, Bay of Magenta, New Caledonia

"Two unknowns coming in fast and low over the horizon." The junior CIC officer aboard the Yi-sun-Sin-class Destroyer called out to his watch commander as the aerial radar picked up the four hornets off in the distance. He had monitored their flights until two broke off from the formation and came screaming towards New Caledonia. It did not take long for the call placed to the commander of the vessel and for the same commander to initiate general quarters. First was the iconic whistle. Low then high. Low then high. Then the alarm sounded and the automated messaged.

"General Quarters, General Quarters. All hands man your battle stations. The route of travel is forward and up to starboard, down and aft to port. Set material condition 'Alpha' throughout the ship. Reason for General Quarters: Inbound unknown aircraft."

The ship was a bustle of activity as weapons systems came online and anti-aircraft missiles were spun up. Then the Polish inter-ship communication channel opened up and informed them that reinforcements had arrived. The Polish Flotilla had arrived accompanied by the Americans who were rendering support to the ground forces via their ship based fighters. General Quarters was cancelled just as quickly as it had been activated and all weapons were spun down with a gasp of relief from the beleaguered Polish seaman. As far as they were aware the systems did not make an active targeting solution on the incoming fighters. What the American fighters did see as the flew low and fast over the lone Destroyer were a majority of the able bodied seaman on board the ships standing on the deck waving their hats at the pilots. They had been protecting the island for two years and were starting to feel as if they had been abandoned by their home. But here they were, with the Americans in tow.

Noumea Magenta Airport, New Caledonia - 1400 Hours

The fighter jets, even at five hundred feet, would be able to see the effects that cluster munition rounds, high explosive rounds, and fragmentation rounds had on the buildings and the runway itself. The once proud ATC tower was nothing more than a burned out husk, which matched the numerous hangers that lined the airfield, completed with burnt out airplanes and service vehicles. Odinson

The beeping of the watch was quickly drowned out as the sound of jets approached the island. They grew louder until they were directly overhead, created a sound wave that made their bones vibrate in their bodies. With a smile on his face the GROM Captain looked at the man in front of him. "I accept your unconditional surrender, sir. And if you want to fuck with me some more, I'll burn your home to the ground and gladly face whatever charges they want to give me." Either the resolve plastered over the Captain's face or the fact that two high speed fighter aircraft pass a few hundred feet over head seemed to do the trick. A radio call was placed over the net for all K-I-M forces to surrender to Polish forces forthwith and to release the prisoners into the care of the Polish forces by the commanders in front of them. The New Caledonian issue was over and now it was time for these veterans to return home. The commanders present at the airfield would be placed in ziptie handcuffs and brought to the helicopters as they landed for the forces to return to their FOB.

As the helicopter flew over the smoldering city, the Captain could only look solemnly on and hope that the civilians had heeded their warned and evacuated the zones he had designated. The buildings the withstood the night long barrage and were still standing, were not unscathed. Between the five inch guns on the Dabie and the K-I-M mortars, the area around the FOB was an undeniable warzone. And it was his forces that would become the first combat tested troops in the Polish armed forces. And they were a testament to the skill and training that went into Poland's armed forces.

Operation Hurynowicz combat element was no concluded and it was not the Government and the press's job to report on the situation and what went wrong, what could have been different, and who was at fault. It was a beautiful sight for the Captain as his helicopter neared the port and could see the flagship of the Royal Polish Navy sitting a few kilometers from the coastline, her regal hull a testament to Poland's might as helicopters took off of her deck to assist the remaining Polish forces on the ground.

Noumea Magenta Airport, New Caledonia - 2 Days after the Surrender of K-I-M

The airport had been restored to basic working order, allowing military aircraft to land on the island to help transport the dead and the wounded back to Poland. The C-5, having unloaded its equipment into Australia to be boarded onto the Lublin-class landing ship, would have refueled and then ordered to go to Noumea to land and begin assisting evacuation efforts of Polish forces. They weren't abandoning the Island yet but they were drawing down. A few Polish military judges and lawyers had been flown in as well to assist in the trial of the ringleaders of the K-I-M movement. No one knew how the trial would proceed but they were not expecting good outcomes for those in charge. Onboard the C-5, having been flown to Australia and given permission from the King himself to report the story on the ground was Dora Duda the reporter that had gone viral after reporting on the Vatican Crisis from the front lines. Here should wound interview wounded GROM operators, ship security personnel that had been there, the Royal Medical Service, and members of K-I-M leaders. She had been given unprecedented access that was due solely on her ability to report her findings impartially. She was well on her way to a Pulitzer and being considered the top war correspondent.

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Secret and secure unless contextually possible | NSST 1.0 Architecture

Following the authorization from the Ministry of Defense, 15 Endurance-class Landing Platform Docks and 6 Similan-class Replenishment Tankers (Type 903) would depart from Sattahip Naval Base to New Caledonia in early morning. There would be two Eurocopter EC725 on each Endurance-class LPD to support humanitarian missions during the evacuation campaign in New Caledonia. During their transition at the steady speed of 15 knots, all onboard surveillance systems were completely operational and active, ensuring a high degree of monitoring. This monitoring plan included a combination of surface surveillance radars, navigation system, and Electronic Support Measures (ESM). The aerial surveillance radars offered a comprehensive view of the airspace surrounding the fleet, allowing for the identification and tracking of aircraft and other aerial objects at varying heights and distances up to 350 kilometers. Surface surveillance radars supplemented this by monitoring sea surface activity, detecting and tracking other sea boats, both military and civilian. The ESM would intercept, identify, and locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy.

The crew's diligent stocking allowed the Auxiliary fleet to endure a 2-month mission with ease. This provisioning included essential supplies and equipment, as well as contingency plans for various operating scenarios. The sailors and crew of fleet demonstrated outstanding physical condition and mental health, a direct result of their regular participation in well-structured well-being and resilience programs aimed at enhancing both physical endurance and mental fortitude. These programs were supplemented by a holistic approach to health, which included strict dietary regimens providing meals tailored to each crew member's nutritional needs, and schedules ensuring adequate rest and rehabilitation. Operationally, the deployment vessels and accompanying equipment were maintained in excellent condition. Regular maintenance inspections, rigorous testing, and proactive improvements ensured that all machinery and equipment performed reliably. This meticulous attention to detail extended from the largest vessel to the smallest communication device, guaranteeing that the fleet was not only physically prepared but also technically equipped to face any challenges during their deployment.

Transit: OK > OJ > PJ >QJ > RI > RH > RG​

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Brisbane, Australia

The Lubin-class Landing Ship would leave Brisbane, Australia where they had landed on board the C-5A Galaxy some time ago and begin making their way across the Coral Sea to their disembarkation point of Noumea. With just a handful of Polish forces on the island, Poland would be seeking to reinforce the token garrison on the island. In total the Lublin-class ship would ferry 9 Rosomaks and 135 troops across to New Caledonia to provide support for the immediate aftermath of the insurgency while also providing a show of force to the citizens that they were there to protect the people of New Caledonia.

New Caledonia, France, Pacific Ocean

The remaining forces that were able to perform their jobs would be patrolling key areas of the city of Noumea while Task Force Amber Sentinel would sit 50km from the coast and provide significant air support and reconnaissance across the island utilizing their compliment of 12 PZL W-3W helicopters that were armed with rocket pods and the 23mm gun on the nose. The armed helicopters would be a significant advantage over the less armed PZL W-3A helicopters utilized by GROM forces. GROM forces would continue to operate their PZL W-3A and PZL W-4 helicopters in a reconnaissance role in support of the OKP Huragon's helicopter air wing.

The Polish would carefully watch the Thai evacuation of Noumea, but would maintain control over the primary port facilities of Noumea. With the reveal of information that Thailand had supplied the insurgents with humanitarian supplies during the insurgency, the Thai forces on the ground would find themselves met with disdain, from the soldiers who were present and witnessed the death of friends at the hands of those same insurgents. Bossza007

Soldiers and seamen who had been injured during the insurgency but were not considered critical would be recuperating aboard the Mercy-class hospital ship overseen by the doctors and nurses on board. Medical clinics would remain closed for the time being fearing reprisals from remaining members of the K.I.M. insurgency. The OKP Dabie and OKP Jamno would replenish their ammunition from the replenishment ship attached to Task Force Amber Sentinel before it would travel to Brisbane to replenish its dry stocks and wet stocks at the Brisbane Naval base. Owen

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
New Caledonia, France, Pacific Ocean

The Lublin-class Landing ship would be spotted by the remaining forces on the ground as it entered into Moselle Bay. They had already been advised of the Lubin-classes arrival by the patrolling Polish ships but that was different than seeing the simple ship that doubled as a minelayer. It didn't take long for the ship to approach the Cruise Terminal that housed the HQ of the Polish forces on the ground and even less time for the the first of the nine KTO Rosomaks and one hundred and thirty-five fresh Polish troops to step onto foreign soil for the first time. The fresh faces of the new forces were a stark comparison to the bandaged and haggard forces that had survived the insurgency. Many of the forces present had been wounded in one way or another but not severely enough to warrant them being taken off of active duty. But the reason for the cheers wasn't the fresh faces come to reinforce them. It was the fact they were getting some R&R time in Australia. Many were excited to go see the Australian Zoo and, hopefully, meet Steve Irwin. The rest were looking forward to drinking their way through Brisbane.

The fresh faces wasted no time in preparing their new home and making it more habitable. Utilizing the KTO Rosomaks, the mechanized force would push the burnt out remains of cars and would attach chains to large pieces of concrete to drag them away. The troops themselves would begin preparing fortifications in the fashion of HESKO Barriers that had been delivered via C-5 Galaxy upon their first arrival. The primary force would operate out of the main base and thus would insure its security by making the entire perimeter out of these bastions, stacked two high with a foundation of two barriers deep. A primary checkpoint would be established by making a narrow roadway with the barriers and erecting a simple lift gate. They lacked the resources currently to create a reinforced gate to stop VBIEDs but they would survive for now. Guard houses would be constructed on the six corners, four at the cardinal directions and two more on either side of the entrance way. The two guard houses would be equipped with WKM-B .50 heavy machine guns while the remaining four would be outfitted with UKM-2000P general purpose machine guns chambered in 7.62x51mm rounds.

Rosomaks would be set up in orderly fashion in the middle of the compound, allowing them to be away from walls and in an easy to access location should they be attacked again. A makeshift helipad would be marked out on the south-west corner of the compound, allowing for clear landing zones for helicopters(two can land at a time). As the fresh forces were constructing the new walls, the veterans of New Caledona would be loaded up on the Lublin-class and made comfortable while the ship was being refueled and restocked for the trip back to Australia. This time, the Mercy-class Hospital Ship would accompany the Lublin-class to Australia to begin offloading the less severe patients into the Australian medical system. Owen

During all of this, the PZL W-3W helicopters would monitor the island, paying special attention to the Thai positions and actions as they geared up for the evacuation of forty-five thousand New Caledonian refugees. Bossza007