STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Call to Columbia

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

A telephone call is made to the Columbian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or equivalent department, by the Ambassador for Sweden to Columbia, Ewa Werner Dahlin.
This telephone call is made in line with the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995, which also covers telephonic communication, causing a 'CONFIDENTIAL' encryption level to be appended.

Der_Strix

CONFIDENTIAL
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Der_Strix

Libertad y Orden!
Aug 30, 2021
With the rising tensions of the middle east, Colombia remains neutral albeit, reserved on the issue. Colombia is rather busy tending to her own matters, so it was no wonder why the Foreign Ministry, or anyone working within their offices for that matter, wasn't really under any sort of pressure. The Sleeping Giant to their south remains dormant, whilst the average Colombian wouldn't even care about the cartel-ridden state up north. What matters is the local situation, which of course was up to the sorry responsibility of the Military and Police.

The Swedish Ambassador's call would be rerouted to an intern, whose sole purpose was to tell callers to hold, press a little red button to play a wonderful rendition of Lo Que El Viento Se Llevó, and notify his higher-ups. Colombian Minister of Foreign Affairs Camilo Reyes Rodríguez would have just finished his afternoon break as he enters his office, to be greeted by his secretary saying they have the Swedish ambassador on hold.

He would pick up the phone, after making sure that his end was encrypted as well. The music at this point, of course, would stop.

"Hello, you've reached Minister Reyes, Colombian Minister of Foreign Affairs, how may I help you?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
The Ambassador's face would be lightened by a huge smile as the hold music bellowed into her ears. She couldn't help herself. First it started with the shoulders which would begin to dance to the music in her chair, but this was very quickly followed by her bum beginning to wiggle in the chair, her eyes closing and one of her hands performing some sort of floral, twisting movement. She thought, just for a moment, that the tranquil music had put her into some sort of theatrical performance.

Once the phone was answered she quickly snapped back into a professional mode.

"Minister, what a pleasure to hear from you! My name is Ambassador Ewa Werner Dahlin from the Swedish mission in Columbia. I was hoping to grab a moment of your time to lay the foundation of our relationship? I think it's well overdue!"

Der_Strix

Der_Strix

Libertad y Orden!
Aug 30, 2021
The Minister would pull out a folder labeled "European Affairs" from the drawer of his desk, frantically opening it to see if there was anything the Government had in store for Sweden. Mariscal Gustavo Gaspar Santiago who is the Regional Marshal of European Affairs had just dropped off his weekly assessment the day before. Reyes would find the Swedish page empty, with only a handwritten note in Spanish saying "Find Marcelo to buy more coffee for office"

Reyes would close the folder up and put his fingers on his eyes. Having recognized he'll have to decide on the Government's behalf, he grabs a nearby blank paper to write some notes while he talks with the Swedish ambassador. Working on a blank slate, he'll reply.

"Ah yes, Ambassador Ewa Werner Dahlin, it is a pleasure to finally speak with you. Well, let me tell you that Colombia, while of course not that active in Foreign Affairs at the moment, will always welcome our European brothers and sisters. So Ambassador, does your government have anything in mind at the moment? I'd like to hear what you have to offer."

This was, of course, Reyes's way to stall for time as he thinks up of the possible ventures for Swedish-Colombian relations, while at the same time eagerly listening in to what the ambassador had to say.

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Sometimes keeping quiet and watching is the best foreign affairs policy you could have. Nonetheless, we're keen to have a close relationship with Columbia and I foresee a growth in our level of cooperation to keep likeminded governments close. Let me ask you, Minister, what are the focus points of your government if, as you say it, foreign affairs is not your most active sector?"

Der_Strix

Der_Strix

Libertad y Orden!
Aug 30, 2021
"At the moment, Ambassador, Colombia is still busy with dealing with internal affairs, just merely days ago we had a major attack on one of our cities. I could not disclose much, but we have problems with radical armed groups within our borders. The Government, as far as I know, would aim to eradicate this problem before we even start dealing with other nations. My colleagues from the Ministry of National Defense to the best I can disclose of course, have told me they're looking for help on rearming our Armed Forces in order to combat this threat. As we had just had major reforms, I'm afraid that the Government would probably focus more on this sector for a couple of months. Other than that, however, I have not heard of any major movements from both the President and the Senate on our stance on Foreign Affairs, although we are aware of how things are... developing, for a lack of a better word."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Oh my, I have admit I wasn't aware of such an attack but rest assured if there's any way we can be of assistance, and by we I mean Sweden, then please do let me know. I am keen to understand exactly where Columbia falls short of expectations when it comes to the rearming of your Armed Forces, and where Sweden and the defence infrastructure we have in place can support you or fill the voids whilst you fund the necessary programs for a long-term solution.

The world is a constantly developing catalyst of mayhem in all honesty Minister, I would be keen to understand your position on the current conflict between Turkey, Israel and Palestine?"

Der_Strix

Der_Strix

Libertad y Orden!
Aug 30, 2021
"This is great to hear Ambassador, I will contact the Minister of National Defense soon, perhaps he'll call you, or write a message to the Swedish Government in a few days from now in order to further expand this proposition of yours. Colombia is very much thankful for your support."

The Minister would cross out "Matters of Defense" on his list before continuing.

"Now, on the case of the heightened tensions and hostilities with Turkey, Israel, and Palestine... Colombia holds no Ill-will to these nations, but we find the act of shooting down a civilian aircraft deplorable. To me, it seems Turkey is aiming to increase their status as a regional power, of course to the detriment of those who stand against it. I do hope this situation would be resolved without the need to resort to barbaric bloodshed, but the way things are going, I'm going to guess it is rather inevitable for conflict to brew."

He would trail down the list he had just written, rearrange the small little Colombian flaglet on his desk, and begin looking for the files he had on Israel, Turkey, and Palestine. All he could see are the travel restrictions he had imposed just days before. He would wait for the Ambassador's response.

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Marvellous, marvellous!

We appear to be in the same boat when it comes to our views on the Middle Eastern conflict, I trust that there will be a peaceful resolution before the situation between the states erupts into the loss of life and property. A conflict physical in nature would be damning for any of the nations involved and certainly be a catastrophe should Egypt choose to close the Suez Canal. What is your view of the United States enforcing a no-fly-zone and no-sail-zone within a foreign states territorial waters, without their consent?"

Der_Strix

Der_Strix

Libertad y Orden!
Aug 30, 2021
"This is of course, in my eyes, a blatant disregard for the foreign states' sovereignties, and I do personally believe that the United States should try and at least back-off, and just provide their support if they so wish to meddle with Middle Eastern Affairs. Nonetheless, the bottom line on Colombia's stance on these series of unfortunate events is that this should be resolved diplomatically, and armed conflict should be avoided. We cannot risk the destabilization of the Middle East, it's almost the 21st Century for Christ's sake!"

The Minister would pause for a moment.

"I-I'm sorry, it seems I've lost myself. But nevertheless, the USA shouldn't have abruptly declared a no-fly-zone and no-sail-zone on foreign waters, besides, we have the Global Assembly to act as a 'World Police' for a lack of a better term."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Literally couldn't have worded it better myself, Minister, the actions of the United States are nothing more than bully tactics and we will not stand for it. As soon as this disgrace of a resolution on the Global Assembly passes across the books we will look to ensure the relevant sanctions are taken against the United States for their actions because, quite frankly, they need to be aware that what they're doing is not only illegal but is also an outrageous violation of a states independence.

Whilst I mention the subject; obviously it's no secret that Sweden occupies South Africa and has done for some considerable amount of time now. What is the Columbian stance on this situation and how do you predict your vote will be cast in the chambers?"

Der_Strix

Der_Strix

Libertad y Orden!
Aug 30, 2021
"Well, the Foreign Ministry has already decided on how Colombia would react to the occupation of South Africa, but this decision is largely dependent on how the talks play out. Tell me, ambassador, so that you may enlighten me; How long would Sweden 'occupy' South Africa, and would this occupation mean that in the near future, South Africa would be entirely dependent on Stockholm? As of this moment, we do not necessarily 'reject' to a brief Swedish occupation, so as long that Sweden guarantees, recognizes, and respects South Africa's sovereignty and independence. These are words coming from the Deputy Minister himself, who is our current ambassador to the Global Assembly."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"We have never once said that we deny South Africa the right to it's own government, and we have never removed the government from South Africa. The incumbent Prime Minister, and his cabinet, are all South African nationals without a single Swede to be seen. We frankly detest this ideology that Sweden is wiping out the South Africans in some barbaric fashion because it is simply a lie. We have an Office of the Governor-General for South Africa in place to offer guidance to a troubled state with a fractured democracy.

Sweden has the economy and the capabilities that very few on this planet possess, or at least have the nerve to use, in order to restore fundamental values in South Africa - but this cannot be done with the resolution in the Global Assembly. It will completely obliterate the trust we have developed with locals and shatter any attempt for us to invest billions of dollars in fundamental needs from local policing, healthcare, social affairs and of course their defence force.

If I am blunt, Minister, we need to ensure this ill-informed resolution does not pass so we can continue our efforts. We already have cooperation from the Israeli Defence Force, Thai Royal Armed Forces and there is rumour of the Egyptian Armed Forces joining us too. There is ample oversight of our work to ensure we do not overstep the mark. These forces are carefully integrated using our body of trusted sources in the South African community, a mass peacekeeping force is the last thing this country needs. They need a stable framework from a trusted body.

...and we have that in place, by request of the South Africans. Who is the Global Assembly to deny what the majority of the civilian population are asking for?"

Der_Strix

Der_Strix

Libertad y Orden!
Aug 30, 2021
"Very well, I know that Colombia could trust Sweden in this one, I just needed to hear it from you first."

The Minister would chuckle lightly before continuing on the conversation.

"Indeed, ambassador, you have really made your point. I would assume that your ambassador to the Global Assembly would make this clear for everyone involved, and I am certain that Deputy Minister Emilio Vicente Moralez would agree with me on this one. Well, be rest assured that Sweden will have Colombia's vote, as well as support for that upcoming resolution that you have mentioned on the actions of the American government."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Minister, I am extremely glad to hear this. Rest assured we can be trusted in this situation, we've managed to execute our operation this far without a single round being fired, does that sound like the action of an oppressive colonial force? or does it sound like the actions of a peacekeeping nation attempting to re-establish stability and rule of law?

Ambassador Mac Kvet is extremely experienced in his role and I have no doubt he will put everything into ensuring this spite-filled resolution is thrown out as it should be. Perhaps at some point in the future we could see Columbia play a role in South Africa? Even if it were for a training exercise of a small amount of troops, we'd love to pass our wealth of knowledge around the world."

Der_Strix

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II