STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Call to Mexico

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

A telephone call is made to the Mexican Department of Foreign Affairs, or equivalent cabinet department, by the Under Secretary of Foreign Affairs for Diplomacy, Amira Hedlund.
This telephone call is made in line with the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995, which also covers telephonic communication, causing a 'SECURE' encryption level to be appended.

Drivindeath

SECURE
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Secure/Encrypted

The phone called would be passed to the Chairman of European Affairs, Victor Delgado. Once the phone line was deemed secure and encrypted he would answer.

"Chairman Delgado, European Affairs, how may I help you sir or ma'am."

He would be speaking in English, but with a heavy Spanish accent.

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Chairman Delgad, thank you for taking my call, my name is Under Secretary of Foreign Affairs for Diplomacy, Amira Hedlund - I trust I have a moment of your time to discuss the current...- situation...- between Mexico and Sweden? Your recent announcement has come as quite a surprise to Stockholm given your silence thusfar, limited bilateral communication with Sweden and lack of representation in the Global Assembly. We'd have much rather discuss the matter before you went to the media, but nonetheless we are where we are.

May I ask what swayed your opinion? I suspect your proximity to the United States played a part?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Of course, I welcome a chance to finally speak with you. Please note that the decision to go to the media was not mine, but that of the Secretary of Foreign Affairs. Mexico's stance on the matter was well thought out and was not an easy decision to make.

The lack of representation in the Global Assembly is due to our administration. The current government has a lack of trust and reliability in the Global Assemby. We do however watch the meetings in great detail and take notes. We have followed the course of the recent proposal, made by a Nordic Council member. This was quite shocking to say the least to see an ally call out one of their own.

Even with the talks during the Global Assemby resolution, we have seen little evidence that South Africans welcome the Swedish Armed Forces. It has been made aware that peace was in the works when your forces invaded. It was also well known that South Africa had little to no military and posed no threat to Sweden. While I do not consider Sweden an enemy to Mexico, I do see Sweden as an agressive state.

The United States State Department did have a major swaying factor in our decision, however Mexico acted independently. This recent occupation does appear to be nothing more than an attempt at colonialism. That is unless Sweden withdraws from South Africa."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I struggle to see how you have seen little evidence that South Africans welcome to presence of Sweden's Armed Forces when there is an independent nation on the opposite side of the globe with no active relationship with Sweden, working without Swedish forces, seeing exactly the same overwhelming amount of support as we have seen in the Western Cape? We are in South Africa by invitation of the incumbent government who sought assistance in the instatement of a democratic system, development of their armed forces and security services, and investment into the very foundation of their communities. From day one our main security concern has been the surrounding of military bases, not by combatants, but by families desperate to met Swedish forces to offer their thanks, gifts and gratuities... these are not the actions of those opposed by European colonisation... these are the actions of active citizens appreciating our work and the security we offer their families.

We have sought to be as transparent as possible in our activities in South Africa by inviting representation from every continent on the globe... it was the United States themselves that refused to come and oversee our work - why? probably because that would undermine their carefully thought our propaganda. Have you not seen that the only word the South Korean and United States can pump out is 'colonialism'? and I ask, if that's the case, what evidence do they have? and why would they decline the opportunity to visit South Africa and see for themselves? Hypocrisy.

We saw Mexico as a neutral global partner. Although our relationship was yet to be set in stone, we have followed the media reporting in Mexico extremely closely and the Bureau for American Affairs were actively seeking ways we could assist in working together to combat mutually experienced issues, whether that be by investment, joint working or policy change."

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"I see, well it is important to get your side of the situation. However Mexico has seen no documentation of this so called invitation of Swedish Armed Forces. The Mexican Government would be happy to send private inspectors to South Africa, if able. They would monitor the situation going on in South Africa and report back to the Secretary of Foreign Affairs. Although without any hard documentation it may be hard to sway the current Mexican Administration. I do have some questions that may put some politicians in Mexico City at ease.

Does Sweden plan to leave South Africa after your Governments mission is accomplished?

How long is Sweden planning on staying in South Africa?

What are your intentions with South Africa?

Does Sweden still recognize South Africa as an Independent Nation?

If I could get these questions answered, perhaps tensions could be lowered."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"...well in conflict as fast paced as the situation in South Africa there's not often time for the writing and ratification of an agreement of this kind... especially when the country is in a state of decline into civil war and the State President is murdered after abandoning ship...? Common sense has to prevail at some point. We are more than welcome to invite unarmed inspectors from Mexico to review the situation for yourselves however this will have to wait for the conclusion of talks between the United States of America and Sweden which, to my understanding, are currently ongoing.

The purpose of my call was less of an attempt persuade you to take our stance, as after all we are acting at the instruction of the South African people and despite what your government has released to the media you have no right to dictate what decisions made by the people are right or wrong; it is their decision to make. We will be remaining in South Africa for as long as necessary to ensure the safety of the people, the longevity of a democratically elected government, promotion of human rights and continued abolishment of the apartheid regime.

But let me make one thing absolutely clear. Something the US and South Korea are eager to blur.

South Africa is, and always will, stand proud waving it's own flag and sporting it's own government. I cannot be clearer."

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"It may be hard to sway the Mexican Government without any formal documentation stating that Swedish Armed Forces are welcomed in South Africa. I welcome the chance to send inspectors over and understand that it must wait until the talks between Sweden and the United States has concluded. While I do not dictate what the Mexican government may present the Media, I stand behind my government and their decisions. I am glad to hear that South Africa continues to wave their flag over their country. I do hope an end to this comes peacefully and through a diplomatic process. The only assurance I can offer is that Mexico will not engage its armed forces in any manner on Sweden. Mexico will continue to gather intel from various nations on this matter and will leave this line open as a direct line between Mexico and Sweden. In the meantime, I will work to remove the embargo's and re-establish diplomatic ties with Sweden."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Our fundamental concern is the travel ban put in place. This does nothing other than punish innocent civilians whom have no involvement in the geopolitics we deal with on a day-to-day basis. You know as well as I do that your civilians are safe in Sweden and retain access to the necessary diplomatic channels through use of missions we have in place should they see fit, not only that but we maintain a highly reliable emergency service system of police, fire and medical services all of which have the means of access to foreign translators should a Mexican national require them. The embargos are neither here nor there. The travel restrictions are not only punishing holidaymakers but is detrimental to your own economy.

I understand reversing this decision is not as simple as making a statement, but is is a focus we need to work on as it's doing nothing to benefit the situation with South Africa."

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"I agree, I shall work on having the travel ban removed as well. While right now I can't make any promises on having it lifted, I will address this concern. Things may not change however until after the talks with the United States in London. The Mexican Government is heavily swayed by the actions of the United States.

I will start by trying to reopen key tourist destinations for Swedish Citizens. Again, this may take some time, but I feel confident that I will be able to do this by the holiday seasons."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I thank you for being sensible, after all we're in office to serve the people and punishing them for no reason benefits neither of us... May I ask why the United States sways your foreign policy so much? Have you received any threat from their government?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Of course, I whole agree completely. While I do not understand completely why my government is swayed by the United States, my best guess would be that they are the strongest power on our continent and due to their proximity to us. I believe my government wants to model themselves after them."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I understand, intimidation is one of the most common factors to sway foreign policy on an international scale not just in the Americas. I would be intrigued to see Mexico flourish under the foundation of its own girth, not that of it's neighbours. From our conversation today it's clear that you have the potential for influence on a global scale but you will be severely limited hiding behind the alleged strength of the United States. Their government can talk the talk but in reality, they have no real physical power under their belt these days...

Nonetheless, I hope that we have at least opened a door of more transparency between us both... I trust that if there are any other questions regarding Sweden that you will come straight to me to discuss?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Of course, if any further discussions are needed, I will make sure to contact you immediately. I will also update you on any changes in Mexico's stance.

As far as the United States, while this may be the case, the United States still vastly outnumbers and outperforms Mexico in every aspect. I too hope one day that Mexico can project itself past the United States shadow."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Chairman I think these discussions have been fairly productive, I will liaise with the Department of Foreign Affairs on a larger scale to reduce the travel advisory on Mexico from our end, although I must stress that there is no outbound travel ban from Sweden, just advice to inform those travelling. I would expect to see this altered by the end of play this evening. I eagerly await any development on your end.

Is there anything else you'd like to discuss?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"I believe this shall conclude our discussion for today, I look forward to working with you in the future, I'll begin immediately to have these restrictions withdrawn. Thank you for your time Under Secretary."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Chairman, the pleasure has been mine. God Bless."

The call would end and a memorandum sent to the Secretary of Foreign Affairs regarding alterations to the Swedish Travel Advisory (STA).

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
A private and secure call would be made to the Under Secretary of Foreign Affairs for Diplomacy, Amira Hedlund. Once answered Chairman Delgado of the Mexican to European Affairs would speak.

"Hello this is Chairman Delgado; I was advised to call you once more to improve our relations further. Perhaps a visit could do that."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
The call, once answered, would again be encrypted and taken from a private office within the Department of Foreign Affairs.

"You are welcome to visit me in Stockholm at your earliest convenience, and I will liaise with the National Security Office to make the necessary arrangements for your arrival. Will you require transport from the airport, Chairman?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"I do appreciate the warm welcome, I will require transport, which the Mexican government will of course compensate your government for the travel. I shall be flying in on a commercial flight, from Mexico City International and with a layover in Amsterdam. I can arrive in 2 days and leave first thing tomorrow morning. I will be brining another diplomat with me as well. He is an intern and very eager to learn. If everything is good to go, I shall send you the flight itinerary."

Connor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa