STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Call to Spain

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Security Classification: SECURE
Document Classification and Security Act 1995​

A telephone call is made to the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs from Cecilia Julin, Ambassador for Sweden to Spain.
This telephone call is made in line with the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995, which also covers telephonic communication, causing a 'SECURE' encryption level to be appended.

Bruno

Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs Mr. Carlos Westendorp y Cabeza would answer the call on a encrypted and private line.

"Hello Mrs. Julin, I'm happy to hear from you. How are you today?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Minister! Thank you for answering the call so promptly - I am doing great, how about yourself?"

Bruno

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I have received instruction from the Department of Foreign Affairs to discuss an agenda in order to progress the relationship between Sweden and Spain and I have to say, for the first time in a long while, I do agree. We are missing a beat. Spain and Sweden are get to grow our relationship into what I believe could be a flourishing connection - I am eager to hear your governments plans both domestically and internationally?"

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"That is great to hear! I'll be honest, the Kingdom of Spain as been slow to contact other nation. Mr. Cortés does wish for our nation to take it slow in the international stage, however we hopeful want to reach a leading regional role, especially in the Mediterranean Sea. There as been far to many issues in Europe, however we view the United Kingdom, Sweden and Portugal as natural partners, as we seek to reach that level in our relationship with the Kingdom of Sweden. Domestically, currently, we wish to continue building up our Armed Forces slowly to a defensive level and securing the security of the Peninsula Alongside Portugal.

What about the Kingdom of Sweden? What are your government plans both domestically and internationally? Alongside your relationship with France, is France and Sweden partners in Europe?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Oh of course, we too see Spain as a natural partner and I have to echo what've said, the tension on Europe recently has meant a fractious relationship between us all, now more than ever it's important we begin to rekindle ourselves to ensure the integrity of the region. I have to say Spain has historically had an impressive Armed Forces so I am keen to see your development succeed - perhaps there is scope in the future, once you are on a stable a ready platform, for your forces to come over to Sweden for a training exercise? Our troops are well versed in Arctic conditioning as you can probably expect, a skill that is invaluable in the modern era of international deployment.

Sweden has just overcome a tense relationship in the southern hemisphere and we're using the unfortunate passing of the President of the United States as a wake-up call to focus on our national security; not necessary just militarily but also with our diplomatic missions, our security services and the restructuring of essential rapid deployment arms of the Army, Navy and Air Force to ensure we can adapt to any threat that may present itself. We're also committed to the development of European relationships and that of our friends across the Atlantic."

Cecilia pauses briefly, taking a breath and a short sip of water.

"Frankly Minister we've had some trouble with France ever since Antarctica, even to this day we're dealing with challenges from France - I suspect as neighbours you have a fairly strong relationship?"

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We have no relationship at this time with France, however I wouldn't say we are in the best terms, since they forcefully took Mugabe out from power, without the GA consent, and left a power vacumn in the nation that is now turning into chaos. They should have thought of the consequences of such actions, and asked the GA permission to do it."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"They seem to be acting up recently, whether or not it's an attempt make a name for themselves I am unsure. We have a number of operations run by the Department of Defence which involve France, I will be honest with you Minister that our relationship with your neighbour is somewhat fractured and we are concerned that their actions in humanitarian missions are only aggression in a shroud of support. How are you looking with the Spanish Armed Forces along your ESP-FRA borderline? Whilst I'm no military expert I do receive intelligence packages of relevance from the Department of Foreign Affairs comprised of information from a number of other government departments - within this is the perceived threat from France which is at one of the highest levels in comparison to other nations around the world."

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We at the moment have been building up slowly, due to budget restraints. What we really miss in your army is a high altitude recon plane, we were looking for the U-2 from Sparrow Industries and another plane from them. However we will pay close attention to the Franco-Spanish Border from now one, thanks to your advice. But it is true that they are being more agressive in the world stage."

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Interesting. I have to say Minister, I would be keen to see the further development of Spanish air defence; currently Sweden is the holder of the largest and most sophisticated air and maritime defence network in the world, yet there is still room to grow. I would be eager to hear your views on the deployment of a small number of Fireteams to Spain in order to assist with the monitoring of your ESP-FRA border airspace and, if required, this could later be expanded to the provision of maritime traffic defence too? It would be a mutually beneficial scenario in-which we would completely fund the network and give you unrestricted access to all intelligence and data collected, whilst also enabling us to analyse the ongoing threat from France we are regularly seeing against Nordic states."

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Ministry would ponder for a few seconds.

"At this moment in time, I believe that foreign forces in our nation would not be necessary in this moment in time, but in due time I would not oppose the idea, perhaps Spanish Soldiers could also be deployed in Sweden, and help sweden also protect its maritime reagion. I would however I would like to propose a Naval Exercise in conjuction with Britain in the near future, focusing more on submarine operations against surfac ships. I believe that this exercise would be great for our 3 nations to cooperate with one another on a greater level, don't you think?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"We would only be looking at deploying approximately three personnel from the Swedish Strategic Defence Network who would be in position purely to expand our radar capabilities in order to better monitor the movement of the French. I understand it is always a reluctance to allow foreign forces into your nation however rest assured these personnel would remain under your local command, you would have access to the radar capability we put in place which is world-class. Essentially whilst your domestic monitoring capability may be in place Sweden currently has a huge range of defensive and intelligence gathering assets surrounding France and with the cooperation of both Spain and Germany we would undoubtedly have the nation surrounded enabling us to watch each and every move."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
He would continue to ponder, but he would start to feel uncomfortable with the notion of having foreign troops in the Kingdom of Spain and the idea put forward, he did trust the Swedes, but it was just not the right time.

"I'm very sorry, but I'll have to refuse this proposition in this moment in time, while i distrust the French and still value Sweden as a core partner in Europe, I feel that once the Spanish Forces are more up to standards and after we evaluate the situation better we will reach this agreement. I believe that, in a future meeting we can again discuss this with the Kingdom of Sweden." He would stop and think.

"Perhaps first what we could do, is if we find any suspicious activity in France by our own Air Surveillance, mostly in the North of the Nation, you will be the first nation to know."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Very well, very well, I understand that there is a reluctance to have foreign forces within your borders - an intelligence-sharing ageement is very much at the forefront of our agenda should the positioning of our own surveillance equipment be off the cards. In order for us to effectively ensure our national security we would need notification of any unexpected or potentially threatening deployment from the French as soon as physically possible. Sweden has an extensive rapid reaction force in both the navy and the air force which works extremely efficiently with our early warning systems but having to rely on the Spanish systems may bring an unexpected delay to deployment... as long as you are capable of giving us adequate warning then I can see no issue with this arrangement."

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Then we are in agreement, I'm glad you can understand our position. And you have my words, if a single plane from France moves in a odd way, the Swedish will know the second they took their wheels of the ground. You can trust the Kingdom of Spain to uphold to this. I've always informed my aides to draw up a possible written agreement for the Intelligence sharing." He would look to his phone, and he spoke to him.

"Also I would like to ask, I've just got a message that the Russia have stormed off from the GA... with a threatening manner towards your Nation. What are your views on this" he would raise his hands in a quoting fashion "Ultimatum".

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"We are actively monitoring the developing situation, it is abundantly clear that Argentina and Russia confide in an extremely anti-Sweden agenda and the use the Antarctic purely as an excuse to threaten the lives of millions of innocent civilians. It baffles me how they still have political support given their disgraceful relationship and irrefutably dangerous actions." the Ambassador pauses before continuing "Let me be clear, Minister, in our eyes the government of Argentina are murderers and accountable for the death of over one hundred active service personnel during peacetime. Russia has made a threat towards the national security of Sweden - something we will actively seek to resolve peacefully."

"I am curious on your opinion as an external state?"

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"What Argentina did was a crime in my view, there are other ways to solve issues in the world without the use of Murder. While we will not dispute the current claims, we will also not drop our own claims to the region, but we will not pursue them since they are based on very old treaties. Sweden as every right to put a claim on the continent, however we will be honest it was a bit far fetched to claim all of it" He would slightly chuckle. "I believe that the continent can have its claims and the international actors can lay claim on it and pursue them just as Sweden as done. However it is paramount that this continent remains untouched, with only scientific personnel there to gather information about it. It should remain unmilitarised." He would pause "About the Russians, the Kingdom of Sweden as the Kingdom of Spain total support, it was an outburst and a ultimatum not fit within the chambers of the GA, and only sought to put more gasoline to a fire. While I believe its was bluff, your nation is right to take it as a formal threat towards your security and act accordingly, but caution is everything, it would be wise to ready for every possible sceneario." he would pause again. "I do honestly believe that Argentina as somehow pocketed Russia. Quite ammounsing that Russia would find it self to be a mere puppet."
Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
“A crime... certainly. One they will undoubtedly get away with given their political stature. It pains me to think those families will never get the peace they deserve.

Greed never came into it, despite how Argentina and the media have managed to twist this situation we did not occupy Antarctica to seek territorial gains but much rather to express our own interests in the otherwise uninhabited, lawless and ungoverned continent which we feared would see the erosion of such a beautiful landscape into nothingness. Yes, we claim sovereignty over the continent but this was with the intention to continue negotiations we have ongoing with the British,Norwegian, Brazilian, Portuguese and even your own former government in order to discuss and negotiate the possibility of scientific research in a controlled manner.

Do you honestly believe our actions have in way way encited or deserved the retaliation wer received? The losses in not only service men and women but also the billions and billions of dollars we invested into the continent? Only to be destroyed by the Argentines? They have bloodied the pure white snow of that land, something we will never be able to repair.

I fear we do have a Russian puppet on our hands, they seem to be putty beneath the fingers of Argentina and it’s frankly disturbing to see a South American country of otherwise no real significance dancing on the stage of a world power.”

Bruno