STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2005

Month: January

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 01/09/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Message to Vietnam

HeadlessSeeker

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Private & Encrypted

"The assurance is simple and selfish really. Your assurance that we would not abandon you once the metaphorical and possibly very real bomb goes off has to do with our goals. We want friends on the international stage, not just in Asia or Oceana. One cannot make friends, secure votes, and build alliances if one leaves at the moment of inconvenience. Thus, if we want to have your friendship, then we have no choice but to stick around in such an even. Not only that, but the friendship of others. Other then that, the combatting of pseudo fascists like in South Africa does align with our foreign policy. Though not made apparent during the crisis in Russia we were in talks with Korea and Thailand on the Russian question. Specifically, the Neo Nazis that had taken over the Russian far east. While things have calmed down there the talks of intervention had almost become reality.

So rest assured, that if things truly came down to it, we would not simply slink off without a word. While waiting for South Africa to make the first move is probably the moral thing to do, it may not have the best outcome."

Connor

HeadlessSeeker

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Private & Encrypted

"Anyways, give it some time to think about. For now we can simply discuss further on the details of our currently discussed cooperation. As you might have heard we have designs to reestablish ASEAN under an ASEAN+ Model. Is this something that Sweden is comfortable with in terms of interaction? If succesful it will affect our future economic interactions. Not in any negative way I hope of course."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I am keen to see how the ASEAN+ model works in practice within the real world. We are keen to see regional development between parties on a global scale be a more popular design rather than the all-encompassing Global Assembly which fails to focus on key differences in cultural, economic and military ideologies. Who does the ASEAN+ model include?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"At this moment the ASEAN+ will hopefully include Korea and Japan. Nations that are not in South East Asia but close enough that they can be included in a ASEAN+ model. Unfortunately Australia turned down our request to join us at the currently ongoing meeting in Hanoi. We are open to countries outside of Asia and Oceania sitting in on the meeting as observers."

"Indeed, it is our hope that this reborn ASEAN will be able to make up for the deficiencies that the GA has on multiple levels. With this we hope to be able to handle regional disputes between member nations. Not only that but more effectively promote regional peace and stability. Through ASEAN+ we can develop member nations accordingly and discuss strategy rather then just simply asking for some monetary loan."

"Are you perhaps considering the reimplementation of the EU? Sweden would most certainly have the best ability to recreate it... or start the process of doing so."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I am excited and encouraged to see cooperation in the region. We too have seen great failures in the Global Assembly and fear that the collapse of trust with the organisation will see a deterioration in resolutions passed and whether or not these resolutions are fair and just according to law and societal morals. ASEAN+ reassured me that fair democracy still exists on this planet.

In regards to the European Union, we have seen the development of the Nordic Council begin to incorporate the likes of Germany and through close cooperation with Great Britain we continue to work closely as a unit in Europe. Whilst the council does not house the name 'Europe', the promotion of our core values ring true to the unification of common denominators in the region.

Given our recent developments in South Africa and our now much closer proximity, I trust we can begin working much more closely together?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Gone are the days in which nations are allowed to loot their neighbors and the world at large to fuel their own growth. The age of cooperation is upon us, and cannot be stopped. The GA has failed to see cooperation blossom, and thus it if action is not taken is doomed to fail. The cooperation in Asia will see the creation of a trade zone and trade bloc as well as organs that can mediate disputes between member nations. But further then that all that join agree to non interference with internal politics as well as signing a treaty that ensures peace. ASEAN and ASEAN+ shall be what we need to ensure the prosperity of our region of the world."

"Yes, I suppose we can work more closely now. The the situation does not seem the most stable? What are your intentions exactly with South Africa now that it has been liberated from the fascists?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I cannot agree with you more. The Global Assembly is in dire need of reform or it could see itself overlooked and ignored completely whilst nations look to cooperate locally for a better impact and better effect to ensure their own self-worth and continuance of growth. You speak with great vision for the two models and I hope to see a way Sweden can incorporate oneself into your system, perhaps maybe not as a member state as to avoid undermining the very essence of your organisations foundation but in ways of mutual cooperation, trade and investment.

The situation in South Africa is actually surprisingly stable. Former State President Botha has, as you know, died in his escape from justice and we have now began the situation of forces in strategic locations to ensure the longevity of peace and rule of law. It came as a shock to the forces deployed that civilians are surrounding the military base with gifts and thanks to the Swedish troops, we've seen an overwhelming support for our presence.

The plans at the moment are, with cooperation from Israel, we have began the early stages of the 'Citizen Focus Program' which will see billions invested in the local healthcare systems with a view to provide free healthcare for vaccinations, immunisations and minor medical procedures provided by medically trained military personnel before we begin the development of hospitals in large cities and towns dotted throughout the state alongside a training program to upskill doctors, nurses and other medical professionals. We have huge plans to say the least."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Perhaps a more global organization could be created for connecting the different organizations there are to foster cooperation between them? That way nations will not be stuck with the GA even if they fall outside of our collective zones? I believe that Sweden could be an observer at ASEAN, though you would not be a member. Still, we can cooperate outside of ASEAN, and I am sure other ASEAN members would cooperate as well."

"Yes the Apartheid system truly over stayed it's welcome by decades. To the point that the people would happily welcome it's liberation at the hands of foreign intervention. When do you intend to set up a new government there? While a few steps away from what we would do, a nation based on the Nordic Model would be welcome. Did you receive any support from the South African Communist Party? It is my understanding they had been in a struggle for decades to end the Apartheid System."

"Free healthcare? That is a wonderful idea. You should break up the systems put in place by the apartheid system completely. Land is distributed unequally, especially with agriculture. I believe you should break it up equally while you have the chance to. Even distribution, but more then that you should look at changing the system of ownership to ensure no one person can reverse things through wealth. Remove ownership of land and replace it with a system that uses Land Use Right Certificates and you will no doubt see the damaged done by apartheid be reversed."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"We have a strong relationship with many nations in the ASEAN sphere and we very much intend to continue that progression to build a better stronger relationship with those nations, and now the ASEAN organisation as a whole.

The apartheid system definitely died a death many years ago and was waiting for a revamp quite frankly. The nation as a whole needed it. The people needed it. As I said, I am overwhelmed with the support we have received. We have had the appointment of the Governor-General for South Africa who is currently within the country trying to rebuild the government from the inside out. There remains a cabinet in place and the incumbent Prime Minister, F.W. de Klerk, from the National Party is responsible for the domestic affairs at this stage whilst the appointed Governor-General ensures we remain on the right path to continued growth.

Freehold of land is a complex issue - but you're certainly on the right track of our objectives. We intend to overturn the apartheid system to make the new rule of law much more equal and of course making the colour of your skin irrelevant to the manner in-which you are treated. We want to ensure we continue to encompass our core values in the state whilst promoting the best possible opportunity relevant for the variety of cultures in South Africa.

I am glad to see that our relationship has remained pure and we can rely on your support through this extremely difficult period of reparation."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I am certain that Sweden along with most likely Egypt will be the first nations to open trade negotiations with ASEAN as a whole when it is finnaly reformed. This concert of the world as it is now shown seems intent to uphold the values we have both expressed in having. Sweden at the very cutting edge at this thought, ensuring a peaceful future for South Africa. No doubt when you leave the nation will have been left better off. As it is obvious you were not at war with South Africa or it's people, but rather the corrupt few at top who wished to maintain their power over those who were unwilling."

"Indeed, land is an important issue. One that could destabilize things far down the line if it is not dealt with now while the chance is there. You state you wish to overturn the system that caused such unequal distribution, but how exactly do you intend to do so? It is a tricky subject to navigate without a doubt. Do it wrong and it could cause resentment down the line."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"We intend to continue Swedish rule over South Africa, at least for the next few years, to establish a firm and clear executive, legislature and judicial branch to govern the country and continue the instilled beliefs from Stockholm. It is without question that we have the continued support of the South African people and we will continue to be held to account for our decision making process by those it effects. I have no doubt that the path to a stable South Africa is not without it's bumps in the road.... but with the will of the people and the will of this administration - we will succeed.

We will visit the complexities of land acquisition once we have a strong and stable grip on law enforcement the the necessary militarised defence of the state as a whole. During our operation we've identified only a 15,000 man ground force, not a single ship, aircraft or vehicle to be seen. The country has been grossly mistreated. Once we've the stable foundation, we can begin the necessary changes in line with the expectations of the aforementioned branches.

At present we are working closely with partners to work closely together in the region to expedite the process."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Do you have a firm pullout date in mind? If I may suggest we think it would be a good idea to have observers and inspectors present to ensure democratic institutions are followed and not infringed by apartheid supporters."

"How do you intend to address issues like the ill-equipped defence forces and the loyalties of existing police?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"The loyalties of the existing police is being addressed with support from the Royal Thai Armed Forces and Israeli Defence Force whom have deployed both medical and military police personnel in assisting to retain law and order through the transition to the new government. We intend to remain in South Africa during the transition under the newly appointed Prime Minister via the Office of the Governor-General for South Africa, this will give us the facilities to use Sweden's immensely fortunate position to begin masking the necessary investments in the state and continue regional growth in an otherwise neglected but extremely important point on the globe.

This is less about Sweden moving into South Africa and move giving the South African's what they're demanding... and at the moment, by the Prime Ministers own admission, we are receiving overwhelming support for Sweden's presence in South Africa. In fact, the military bases we do currently occupy are surrounded by locals on a daily basis.

We have no issue with observers and inspectors being present although Sweden has a firm history of retaining the fundamental values of modern society and we're working closely with our partners in Israel and Thailand to support this transition phase. I understand Thailand is apart of your ASEAN network, so rest assured they have the longevity of democracy at heart whilst they work with us."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"As prospective friends then I am sure you would not mind Vietnam's involvement as you have allowed possible ASEAN member Thailand into the nation to assist? We can have peace keepers, inspectors, and observers ready within forty eight hours to deploy to South Africa. The Vietnamese military has a history of dealing with insurgency. While they have not made themselves obvious there is the possibility of insurgency from those that supported the Apartheid Regime. In the event that this is correct you will want allies who have extensive knowledge of such things... the ins and outs if you will. As out military has seen both sides of such a conflict in the past. But, in the event that this does not come to past it would be good practice for us, and would be a good favor. As we intend to take part in future international missions of peace."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I would be interested to see how far Vietnam's outreach in South Africa would go and I am sure liaison with the Department of Defence could see your forces involved in some capacity. The situation is complex and with the introduction of coalition forces we are keen to keep the organisation as structured as possible to prevent disruption to the day-to-day way of life for locals in the country. On this subject I must ask, given I am sure you're aware of the recent Emergency Resolution on the Occupation of South Africa - what is your view on what's proposed?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We can have our forces assist in providing food and water to those most hard hit by the previous apartheid system. Such as the shanty towns and slums that give visual representation the system. As far as I am aware South Africa was the most unequal nation in the world, so those people are in desperate need of some relief. We will have to vote on it as it will give a hit to our economy, but I think we can provide many tons of rice to the people there. Aside from that we can have our engineers build them more stable dwellings."

"As for the emergency resolution... We believe that the situation in South Africa requires mending. The GA only got involved after the fact. Where were they when the people of South Africa needed them? Not to mention South Africa was technically the attacking party. However, I do believe that a well organized coalition should be involved. However, we will wait and see what the general consensus is among our allies before voting. South Korea, a major ally of ours seems to be against you. What with them being the one to submit this... but Thailand, another major ally is for you having rendered assistance. It will come down to the arguments. But for now, we are for assisting in peace keeping and rendering aid to the people."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I think your intentions fit well with our Citizen Focus Program which is well underway with the support of, as you say, one your major allies and the Israeli Defence Force. I am sure that, if required, Stockholm would approve the reimbursement to some degree of the economic repercussions of your support.

South Africa was forgotten about and left to fend for itself, in honest. I am not in the slightest surprised that South Korea has already began turning against its own in such early days of the ASEAN model, they have a history of throwing their allies under the bus as they have done consistently through their time in the Nordic Council. I find it hypocritical that South Korea be demanding a Global Assembly mandate when they themselves saw to the occupation of North Korea without any approval from the Chambers. South Korea, if I may speak freely Minister, could not give a damn about anyone but those that benefit their own growth.

...and don't even get me started on the United States of America."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Wait, South Korea was in the Nordic Council? That is a bit strange dont you think? I mean, they are really far away from Scandinavia. I would like to know how this came to pass. Does that mean Vietnam is eligible to join the Nordic council?"

"May I ask what the United States of America has done at this point? Vietnam as you may not know has been focused inwardly lately towards the goal of recreating ASEAN, so I for one have not heard of any incidents involving the United States."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Oh Minister, we have grown ever tired of hearing this sentiment. The Nordic Council originated as a Scandinavian organisation but soon flourished to incorporate nations internationally with the view of promoting inter-cooperation through trade, defence, intelligence, disaster relief as well as the promotion of core fundamental values and beliefs. The name is an homage to the origin and to the core principle of the organisation but it has not been exclusively 'Nordic' for quite some time... this is not new news, Minister, the Nordic Council has been going for almost a decade with great success.

None the less, despite their membership as an observer state, South Korea has continually undercut not only Sweden but the rets of the council on countless occasions. They appear to have a reputation as the 'golden state' internationally, but it's not until you work so closely with them that their dark side begin to show. Work wisely, Minister, that's my advice - trust is earned.

The United States of America has also been an extreme hypocrite over the last few months. They were continually requesting to join the action in South Africa and once rejected, out of fear it would turn into utter bloodshed and carnage, they have now changed their sails and co-signed this emergency resolution. They are desperate to be at the centre focus of the globe and appear to have adopted a 'world police' title, pouncing between different conflicts in an attempt to wave their flag. They even had the nerve to declare a no-sail and no-fly zone in territorial waters. Utterly flabbergasted the DoFA in Stockholm."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"My apologies, but perhaps confusion could be deterred in the future if you were to give it a less regional name like we are considering for ASEAN? If it is not just for Europeans we may be interested in possible membership at some point once we have settled matters here. A new inter connected world is something Vietnam is hoping to take part in, and one we wish to foster. Though we may disagree on matters such as who should lead such efforts."

"Indeed, trust is earned. Though, it is our hope that through work with former Democratic People's Republic of Korea officials that we can have a better understanding of our future close partner. Obviously Korea is a very powerful diplomatic entity, powerful enough to bring about the unification of Korea itself. This will allow finally for socialism to blossom within the nation as well as undo the ravages of imperialism. It will take time however, and I believe that what you are seeing is them simply flexing their new found strength while they get used to it. One must remember however, that friends don't like being left out of decisions. Something that many nations come to learn, one way or another."

"As the century closes many nations wish to cling onto the old world order. A world order of European and American supremacy. It sounds like America is attempting to reclaim it's relevancy by attaching itself to the rising relevancy of Asia... Korea and it's push for this. This is only natural of course, and to be expected. We will monitor the ongoing situation, which while intriguing does not directly involve us aside from the support we wish to lend for the people of South Africa. I can only hope that this situation is resolved in a peaceful fashion. It would be a shame if something were to further erupt from this."

Connor

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr-iran