STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Thailand | Operation Dutdang Thai

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020

To Thaksin Shinawatra,

A further, official memorial ceremony would be a welcome gesture I'm sure by both sides. It can be organized this coming weekend, under one condition: It is organized along the common, internationally accepted, true border between our nations. With no crossing of this border. As a sign of respect to the dead and to the living, and to the nations that be. Nothing else will do. If you do not agree, the ceremony will be held without your presence.

Best Regards,
Hun Sen,
Prime Minister

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Private | High Secure Encrypted (AES | CBC)| Guidelines is include on the separate paper​
EaUvN72.png

The Government of Thailand
1 Phitsanulok Road Dusit District 10300

April 1st, 2001

Subject: Memorial Ceremony of the departed at the Preah Vihear Incident
To: Hun Sen, Prime Minister of Cambodia
Prime Minister,

I will consider it an honor if the ceremony is conducted per an acknowledged norm around the world and the actual border between our countries. I must be reasonable and put a stop to our disagreements in light of the Southeast Asia Security and Stability Act's passage through the Thai Parliament. I want the Cambodian government to take the lead in organizing this event; they can do it their way, and we'll support the ceremony. You may be sure that the Republic of Thailand will act to protect the security and stability of this region, and we'll usher in a more promising era for the countries of Southeast Asia. So, following the ceremony, where I intend to recognize your nation's respectable and legitimate sovereignty over the Temple of Preah Vihear, I would like to discuss the reopening of the Thai-Cambodian border.​

Best Regard
Thaksin Shinawatra​

Kelly the Mad

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020
Temple of Preah Vihear. 0500 hours local time. It had been pouring rain for a few days prior, but now it was calming to just a light shower. The prime minister had come in rubber boots, as had the rest of his cohort. Squishing through low mud, as they approached the temple the mud got deeper, as cut trees began to appear along the sides of the trail, remnants from when the 1st Infantry advanced through the area with their tanks. Soon, every man in the party of about 12 was soaked to the skin, navigating by the very limited twilight. Finally, approaching the temple, he saw an exhausted soldier, slumped against a tree trunk, rifle slung low over his shoulder, one hand sheltering his cigarette from the wet. He looked up at the approaching men and made a move to salute, but he had no more strength in his body. Instead, he let out a low, steady whistle that spoke of pain and tiredness. He took off his cap and nodded slowly before walking ahead of them toward the temple.

More figures began to slink out of the shadows around them. From behind trees and flooded foxholes, more and more soaking men clambered to their sides and followed the Prime Minister. Now the temple was in sight, its ruined stone walls backlit by the nearly dark sky. The giant husks of armored vehicles loomed out of the darkness, hundreds of them abandoned or destroyed in the battle, their burnt and mangled bodies left out in the storms, their insides flooded, corroding the metal and making them into oddly beautiful sculptures of war. Finally, those men on the night watch limped their way out of the temple and stood on the walls just above them, recognizing their presence but not at the same time.

These men had been stationed here for almost 6 months.

They walked on and into the temple. Crunching something on the ground, the Prime Minister looked down to see splinters of bleach-white bones, along with the whole skeleton of a man, scraps of camouflage uniform still wrapped around some parts. Most of the Thai's equipment had been stolen in an attempt to keep dry in the rainy season. The Cambodians were very poorly equipped. Throughout the temple, men lay slumped in piles to keep warm, sleeping on top of each other in a limited space they shared with tens of thousands of spent shell casings, guns laying out across the ground untouched since the battle, and of course the hundreds of skeletonized corpses of Thai soldiers left out in the open after they were killed, without the dignity of a burial. Walking out of the cover and through a short break between structures in the temple, looking down the sides of the pathway, thousands of rotten bodies of Thai soldiers stacked up ten feet high, rolling down in a pile on either side, forming a mass of stench and disgust. These bodies were only moved here for convenience. They were the worst in terms of respect.

Now approaching a designated living quarter within the temple, the first artificial light let could be seen. Two fires burned low, nearly embers, boiling coffee and tea for the soldiers, who sat atop a stack of valuables robbed from corpses. Chains, watches, rings, wallets, anything of value that could be salvaged, laid out across the floor. Hung up on the wall were thousands of dog tags, taken as trophies. Underneath these trophies was the atrocious sight of dozens of stacked skulls, helmets affixed, some stuck up on posts, looking out at the room. In one corner, men gambled with a deck of cards and shell casings, in another, a man sat still, a thousand-yard stare in his eyes. His uniform was soiled, covered in mud, just like all the others, and he was unphased by any sounds or movement. Only the shallow movements of his breath betrayed the idea that he was but a corpse. Shoulder to shoulder with him, a man played the bones, although the origin of the bones was best not thought about, laying down a rhythm that droned on endlessly, the only sound to accompany the crackling fire and ringing of shell casings thrown onto the betting pool.

Finally, the Prime Minister would reach the point where the stairs led down to the Thai side of the border. Here more skulls, mangled beyond belief, some painted in blood or ashes from fires, some with helmets some without, most on stakes, stared out endlessly towards the enemy. The soaking Hun Sen would wait as the sky turned a dark dark purple.

---

THE FOLLOWING IS SECURE

To: Thai PM ( Bossza007 )
Subject: Memorial Ceremony
CC: ---

The ceremony will take place at 0600 hours at the temple, on the internationally recognized border. As a part of the memorial ceremony, I will pass to you a torch, along with the identification tags of the most senior officer of yours killed in the battle. In return, you will give me whatever you feel to be the most symbolically important thing in this scenario. Do not bring arms. I will be waiting.

Best Regards,
Hun Sen, PM

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
The Bitter Memory

QKTXknm.png

An image depicts the aftermath of the battle fought at the Temple​

Water is pouring down streams from the peak of the Temple of Preah Vihear on a melancholy rainy morning. It would be impossible for a man to even foot on the muddy, moist ground along a path. Hundred reconnaissance units have been stationed at military facilities down the stairway. Their situation is much better than those Cambodian soldiers who have been guarding the Temple while trying to survive each day with basic daily needs lacking. They have put up a tall flagpole in the middle of the installation, which the Cambodians can see from the Temple. Unfortunately, no one can sight it because of the miserable weather. And as Hun Sen approaches the stairway, A Thai soldier shall spot a figure catching his eyes under a similar condition. With eased tension, he has done nothing other than keep an eye on Hun Sen.

Thaksin Shinawatra, the Thai prime minister, arrived at Fort Phromyothi, the 2nd Infantry Division's headquarters, around three in the morning. He had been getting ready for the ceremony that would take place in a few hours. The Division commander saluted him when he exited the vehicle while soldiers stood in line behind him. It was windy outside, with powerful gusts coming from the east, and it appeared like a storm was on the way. Returning the salute, Thaksin strode directly into a Ka-226, a transport helicopter, and raised his hand to block the jarring air movement. As the weather worsened, a military officer saluted and walked up to him. "Sir, we have terrible weather. I'm concerned this expedition may run into problems during the aerial journey. If you insist on arriving on time, please use extreme caution." After saying "thanks" to the man, Thaksin ascended the helicopter. Five Ka-226 departed from Fort Phromyothi and traveled to the Temple of Preah Vihear after a brief preparation period.

In a close range to the Cambodian and Thai borders, five helicopters are coming at 0500 local times. The weather isn't very kind to them during the journey; It also goes for the local soldiers. It appears like a supernatural force is punishing and giving them contrition as a massive, terrifying storm approaches. As the chopper passes the mountain summit and Thaksin recognizes the Temple from above, he glances down. The dismal, wet morning has left him with little joy, and he hardly sees anything below him. He spends time with his thought before turning to his NIA operative as the helicopter is landing. "Someone had duped us, causing the Incident, and the bloodshed that took place here had no purpose. I ponder whether time travel is possible. Can I do anything to stop it? After the new Act has passed, our country will be burdened with far more than just meeting the needs of its citizens. On occasion, I hoped that 1995 had never occurred and that I had the opportunity to lead Thailand as prime minister in an alternative earth." As Thaksin steps down from the helicopter, he gets an answer from the operative. "I am aware that you are carrying a lot, sir. Everyone is grateful for what you have done for our nation, including me, and I appreciate it. I find it difficult to picture our world without 1995."

Numerous troops in full war gear gather in front of Thaksin as he walks on the muddy terrain below the summit of the Temple of Preah Vihear. A commanding officer advances and signals for a salute before informing everyone of the development. " Everything is in order, the 12th Reconnaissance Patrol Company reports!" Thaksin salutes back as the rain begins to pour down on him. At the same time, a couple of soldiers come up to him as they take a break to explain the circumstances. "On top of the stairs, we saw the prime minister of Cambodia. He appears to be standing still while staring into our land." One NIA agent interrupted him, preventing him from continuing. "He's just waiting for us to show up for the ceremony. Since we don't know who may start another carnage here, I advise keeping a watch on him." As they attempt to comprehend the message, the troops nod. They are mostly unaware of the extensive counterintelligence operation within the country. A few loadmasters remove Buddhist oblations, religious artifacts, and antiquities from the helicopter as the soldiers return to the border. They carry out two rectangular objects coated in a high-protection seal as one of the several items they bring out. They reassure Thaksin that the thing is scratch-free when he responds to them. "For them, this peace offering will have the greatest symbolic significance. They have never before retained one of these original copies."

Thaksin leads him and several items to the stairs as the storm begins to dissipate with the assistance of 45 of his most elite soldiers and five of the NIA's best-trained agents. It is thirty minutes before the ceremony at 05:30 local time. They march while other troops hoist the Thai and Cambodian flags down the road on the Thai side. About 20 top government officials are waiting for Thaksin to talk with Hun Sen at the bottom of the stairway. They begin playing the national anthem of Cambodia as a symbol of goodwill and peace. Hun Sen stands firmly on top of the deceased as Thaksin climbs the stairway when he glances up and notices him staring down at him. He comes to a halt around ten meters from Hun Sen, who is barely beyond the line. When Thaksin approached Hun Sen, his troops backed off and allowed him to proceed. Some troops take pictures and film him as he walks to the prime minister of Cambodia. Thaksin greets Hun Sen with Wai, a somewhat shared culture they have received from India. "It gives me tremendous pleasure to meet you in person, Prime Minister Hun Sen. I realize today isn't in the mood for anything entertaining, but today marks the start of our new era of peaceful friendship. If it's okay with you, I've prepared a symbolic object to present to you at the ceremony. Could you please tell me more about the ceremony? Perhaps we can locate a more appropriate and comfortable location to discuss the procedure first. I also have a broadcasting crew down below."

Kelly the Mad

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020
Hun Sen would look at his Thai counterpart with nothing but visible disdain. The Thai man could see in the distance, on top of the temple and leaning against corners, the tattered Cambodian soldiers, like ghosts at a haunt, drifting in and out of view as the rain ebbed and flowed down.

"Nothing here should be comfortable. This is symbolic. Thus, it must represent the situation, symbolically."

He would reach into his pocket, retrieving a jumbled set of five dog tags, taken from the senior officers of the doomed Thai incursion. He looked back and called something out in Khmer, and a soldier slowly trudged forward, before very roughly forcing a skull, metal pins fixed in the jaw to keep it together, blood and ash decorating the face in a pattern that mocked camouflage, into the man's hands. It was the commanding officer, who had been captured and killed in a summary execution event.

"We shall have peace now, no?" He maintained a straight face, no frown or smile, no hesitation, no wavering, staring dead into the mans eyes.

Bossza007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren