STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Thailand to Russia | Rectifying

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

ThaiGov.png

To: < Boris Nemstov, President of the Russian Federation> Jay
Subject: Thailand’s Breach of Russian Export Law and Bilateral Agreement
Security Type: Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service

President,

I am writing to you today following a period of domestic focus. I have been informed of the recent controversy surrounding certain actions taken by my government.

Upon my return to office, I was deeply troubled to learn of recent actions taken by my government during my absence from international affairs. The Minister of Interior has informed me of a potential violation of international law and Russian sovereignty that occurred during this time. I want to reiterate my unwavering commitment to our strong bilateral relationship with Russia, which remains a cornerstone of our foreign policy. I trust that you share my belief in the positive contribution our partnership makes to global stability and security, as you have previously expressed in your diplomatic correspondence. Based on an investigation conducted by the Ministry of Interior through the Internal Security Operation Command (ISOC), I have been fully briefed on the relevant details. It has come to my attention that the unauthorized sale of ten Gepard-class Frigates, regardless of whether a buyer was identified, constitutes a clear breach of the agreement between Thailand and Russia. This action is not only unacceptable but also disrespectful to your nation's sovereignty.

I view the unauthorized sale of the Gepard-class frigates with the utmost seriousness, recognizing the potential negative impact it could have on our bilateral relationship with Russia. I am deeply disappointed that this action, undertaken without proper authorization, has occurred within my administration. The Republic of Thailand Armed Forces Sale Authority's actions have undoubtedly damaged the reputations of both Thailand and Russia. I acknowledge the International Court of Justice's advisory opinion on this matter, while recognizing its non-binding nature. Nevertheless, the Court's pronouncements deserve our utmost respect, given its esteemed position as a highly competent and authoritative body. Thailand and Russia have consistently demonstrated a commitment to upholding international norms and established frameworks. The unauthorized sale of these frigates directly contradicts this commitment and raises serious concerns about the potential erosion of global trust in international agreements and their interpretation.

The investigation into the unauthorized sale of the Gepard-class frigates has revealed concerning information regarding the involvement of the previous Commerce Minister. It appears he may have acted in a manner that undermined the authority of the Foreign Affairs and Justice Ministries. These actions are deeply troubling and raise serious concerns about potential misconduct within my administration. I want to assure you that I take these allegations very seriously. My government is firmly committed to upholding the highest standards of transparency and accountability, as reflected in the recent passage of the Transparency and Information Act. We are taking this matter extremely seriously and are conducting a thorough investigation to determine the full extent of any wrongdoing. I am fully committed to addressing this situation decisively and taking all necessary steps to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future. I understand the potential impact this situation may have on our bilateral relationship and am prepared to work closely with you to rebuild trust and ensure such issues do not hinder our continued cooperation.

As you may be aware, the Ministry of Interior has concluded a comprehensive and impartial investigation into the unauthorized sale of the Gepard-class frigates. The investigation, conducted by the Internal Security Operation Command (ISOC), has uncovered compelling evidence suggesting potential misconduct by the former Commerce Minister. This evidence indicates that he may have exerted undue influence and employed improper means to pressure the Foreign Affairs and Justice Ministers into complying with his actions. Thailand is firmly committed to holding all individuals involved in this matter accountable, including any government officials found to have breached the agreement. We are currently exploring all available legal options, including the possibility of extradition to Russia or pursuing joint legal action through the International Court of Justice. Thailand deeply values its long-standing and positive relationship with Russia. We acknowledge and appreciate the historical support provided by your nation, including the supply of critical military technology in the aftermath of the United Nations' collapse and your assistance in preserving our national sovereignty during the 19th century. Building upon this shared history and common values, Thailand remains committed to working collaboratively with Russia to find an amicable resolution to this issue. We believe that through open communication and a spirit of cooperation, we can strengthen our bilateral ties and move forward in a positive and productive manner.

Thailand deeply regrets the unauthorized sale of the Gepard-class frigates, which constitutes a clear violation of the agreement between our two nations and an infringement upon Russia's sovereignty. We are fully committed to rectifying this situation and holding those responsible accountable. To this end, Thailand is actively seeking your country's cooperation in ensuring a comprehensive and impartial investigation. We are prepared to share all relevant information and evidence gathered by the Ministry of Interior's Internal Security Operation Command (ISOC) to facilitate a transparent and collaborative process. Thailand believes that a diplomatic solution offers the most effective path forward. We propose issuing a joint statement that reaffirms our commitment to upholding the original agreement and acknowledges the Thai government's breach of contract and violation of Russian sovereignty and export laws. Furthermore, Thailand is committed to strengthening its internal oversight mechanisms and fostering improved communication between relevant authorities of both countries. The recently enacted Transparency and Information Act reflects our dedication to enhancing transparency and accountability within our government, and we believe this will serve as a cornerstone in preventing similar incidents from occurring in the future.

In closing, Thailand remains firmly committed to resolving this situation through diplomatic channels and holding all those responsible accountable. We are confident that, through open communication and a collaborative spirit, Thailand and Russia can navigate this challenge and emerge with an even stronger and more respectful bilateral relationship. Our nations' long history of cooperation and shared values serve as a strong foundation for overcoming this obstacle and building a future of mutual benefit and understanding.

Yours in Diplomacy,

Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister
Republic of Thailand

Digital Diplomatic Communication​

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
150px-Emblem_of_the_President_of_Russia.svg.png

AUTHENTIC COMMUNIQUE OF THE OFFICE OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Security Clearance: Secure and Encrypted​
[Recipient]: Office of the Prime Minister of Thailand < Bossza007 >
[Sender]: Office of the President of the Russian President < MAnatova@Kremlin.de.gov >
[Subject]: [Confidential] RE:Thailand’s Breach of Russian Export Law and Bilateral Agreement

Prime Minister Shinawatra,

While I had hoped that our correspondence would follow have been followed by a positive background, the Thai Government's actions have caused profound negativity for a healthy bilateral relationship between our nations that had once been an aspiration for this administration. Global stability is strengthened by a rules-based order where everyone is equally accountable, not selective adaptations of it, which has been the standard for Western hegemonic rule.

The Federal Security Service's investigations into the illegal sale of ten Gepard-class Frigates identifies that the act was done with the full consent and direction of the Thai Government, involving its defense, foreign affairs, and governmental organs. The act breached Thailand's obligations under Rosobornosexport laws. The subsequent actions did not merely disrespect Russia as a sovereign state, but were unbefitting a civilized nation as Thailand aspires to be, it is a disappointing reality.

The Federal Security Service's investigation further implicants that it was the Thai Navy, Defense Ministry, and Justice Ministry which were aware and condoned the actions of the executory agency which undertook the transactions.

The allegations against your Commerce Minister if substantiated only go to raise concerns that Thailand's Government is permeated by a deep state or run by rouge actors which undermine your government. I urge you to hold them accountable and take steps to maintain your promise to serve your citizens due fully.

The Russian Government has been instructed to act accordingly with that information, maintaining Rosnobornoexport's arms restriction on Thailand until it complies with financially restituting the organization, agreeing to new provisions to ensure compliance with existing Russian equipment in service with Thailand, and apologizes for its actions.

Should we begin to see positive steps being undertaken by the Thai Government, I believe that trust my slowly be rebuilt. I urge your government to swiftly bring those responsible to justice in accordance with their international legal obligations and that you redress the situation publicly.

The Federal Security Service will review any information supplied by the ISOC, nonetheless, the official position of the Russian Federation remains unchanged and I affirm the position of the Government of the Federation and urge Thailand to comply with its current demands.

On the following cable, the Thai Government prematurely closed diplomatic channels to the ongoing conversation to resolve the dispute. In the following cable, the Thai Government despite a warning issued by Rosoboronexport asking it to not proceed it the illegal sale choose to ignore the warning, proceed with the sale, and use the abuse the ICJ's proceedings to cover its illegal action. I find that the attempt to reconcile through diplomacy a day too late.

The Russian Government in response to Thailand's failure to respond within thirty-days of its letter of warning, filed a formal complaint before the International Court of Justice. The Russian Government will continue to pursue this legal action against the Thai Government due to reasons contained in the legal brief which is available to Thailand.

In accordance with Russia's rights under Articles 10 and 12 of the Statute of the Court and Article 14 of the Rules of Court, the Russian Federation filed its formal complaint before the Court and awaits the registrar's approval.

I believe that the time for words is beyond us. The time for action, rapid and just, means that Thailand's ability to redress our relations will be contingent on tangible acts.

Signed,
Boris Nemstov,
President of the Russian Federation

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

ThaiGov.png

To: < Boris Nemstov, President of the Russian Federation> Jay
Security Type: Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service

President,

I am writing to express Thailand's sincere regret and deep concern regarding the unauthorized sale of Gepard-class frigates to a third party, which constitutes a breach of international contract and a violation of Russian sovereignty.

Thailand fully acknowledges the seriousness of this situation and its potential impact on our bilateral relationship. We are not attempting to downplay the gravity of these unlawful actions and offer our sincerest apologies to the Russian government. Thailand is taking immediate and decisive steps to address this situation. We have conducted a thorough investigation and arrested individuals found responsible for the breach, including the former Commerce Minister, Adisai Photharamic, and the head of the Republic Thai Armed Forces Sale Authority, Gen. Chavalit Yongchaiyudh. These arrests were based on concrete evidence gathered by the Internal Security Operation Command (ISOC) which established their sole responsibility for the unauthorized sale. The ISOC has also apprehended 37 additional individuals implicated in the coercion and duress of the Foreign Affairs Minister, Surakiart Sathirathai, and the Justice Minister, Piyabutr Saengkanokkul. We appreciate your reference to past communications which highlighted our ongoing investigation and the ISOC's findings regarding these attempts to influence the Thai government.

Thailand is committed to full transparency and cooperation with Russia in this matter. We are prepared to share all relevant information regarding the unauthorized sale of the Gepard-class frigates, subject to any legal restrictions or national security considerations. We understand the concerns surrounding the Foreign Minister's potential involvement. While he is currently on an official visit to the Republic of China, we are exploring appropriate avenues to address this matter upon his return. Thailand is committed to holding all individuals found responsible accountable, ensuring due process, and upholding the rule of law. Domestically, the appropriate legal proceedings will be initiated against the 39 individuals implicated in this case. We are prepared to consider extradition requests for these individuals, subject to applicable legal frameworks and international treaties. Regarding the Foreign Affairs Minister and Commerce Minister, further investigation is ongoing. However, based on the evidence currently available, including diplomatic communications, there is no clear and compelling basis to issue arrest warrants at this time. Thailand remains committed to conducting a thorough and impartial investigation and will take appropriate action based on its findings.

On behalf of the Thai government and people, I reiterate our unwavering commitment to preserving and strengthening our bilateral ties with the Russian Federation. We deeply value our long-standing relationship and remain dedicated to upholding international norms and agreements, particularly those with nations like Russia with whom we share a significant historical connection. The findings of ISOC demonstrate that the unauthorized sale of the Gepard-class frigates was an isolated incident that does not reflect Thailand's broader approach to international relations. We are committed to upholding the principles of transparency and accountability, and we are confident that this incident does not represent the views or actions of any authorized or competent body within the Thai government. Thailand remains firmly committed to seeking a diplomatic resolution to this situation. We are prepared to engage in constructive dialogue and take all necessary steps to rebuild trust and strengthen our partnership with Russia.

Thailand is committed to taking all necessary steps to formally address the unauthorized sale of the Gepard-class frigates and its impact on our relationship with Russia. We propose a joint statement that acknowledges the breach of contract, violation of Russian sovereignty, and our commitment to rectification. Thailand is actively implementing its Transparency and Information Act to demonstrate our commitment to transparency and accountability. We are prepared to share all relevant information with Russia in accordance with this act and applicable legal considerations. While Thailand maintains its position that the former Foreign Minister and Commerce Minister acted under duress, we acknowledge our responsibility for this incident. We are committed to holding all individuals found responsible accountable, and we are exploring appropriate avenues to address the matter concerning the Foreign Minister upon his return.

Yours in Diplomacy,

Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister
Republic of Thailand

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
150px-Emblem_of_the_President_of_Russia.svg.png

[Recipient]: Office of the Prime Minister of Thailand < Bossza007 >
[Sender]: Office of the President of the Russian President < MAnatova@Kremlin.de.gov >
[Subject]: [Confidential] RE:Thailand’s Breach of Russian Export Law and Bilateral Agreement

Prime Minister Shinawatra,

I appreciate your expression of regret nonetheless it falls short of an official apology accepting culpability as well as offering financial restitution for the $3 billion in lost revenue due to the illegal sale.

Until these two conditions are met, the official position of the Russian Federation has been that Thailand will be prohibited from accessing Russian defense institutions and maintenance assistance.

While a joint statement n the acknowledgment of the breach of contract, violation of Russia's export laws, and a commitment to rectify them is accepted and I would be happy to propose language for this statement, an unconditional apology is a prerequisite for any future steps.

More importantly, the current expressions you have made only go further to demonstrate that there are deep state actors at play in Thailand putting at risk Russia's strategic edge over its Western counterparts, potential for rogue actors to acquire Russian equipment, and financial losses to Russian corporations.

The information you have provided to me only reinforces that for the time being the moratorium on exports should remain until Thailand is in full compliance and followed by Russian investigations into previous exports.

As it pertains to existing Russian equipment in service with Thailand I am requesting permission for a complete audit by the Russian Ministry of Defense to ensure that additional illegal sales were not made by Mr. Photharamic and General Yongchaiyudh.

My office will review the necessity of extradition and I hope that your office will respond timely when a decisive is made on the necessity for extradition. I am hopeful that unlike the Thai Government, the Thai Judiciary is indeed independent and capable of exerting justice.

Signed,
Boris Nemstov,
President of the Russian Federation

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

ThaiGov.png

To: < Boris Nemstov, President of the Russian Federation>

President,

Thailand remains committed to upholding the rule of law and ensuring the independence and impartiality of its judiciary. We acknowledge the difference in perspectives on the current case and the importance of considering all available evidence. The Thai government is actively gathering and reviewing all relevant evidence, including that shared by your administration. While Thailand firmly maintains its position and denies the existence of any deep-state conspiracy, we share your respect for the Thai Supreme Court and the entire judicial system. We believe that the Thai judiciary is fully capable of conducting a fair and impartial investigation and arriving at a just resolution. We appreciate your understanding and patience as this process unfolds. Thailand remains committed to maintaining a constructive dialogue and fostering a strong and positive relationship with the Russian Federation. We assure you that Thailand holds no ill will towards the Russian people and values our long-standing partnership.

Yours in Diplomacy,

Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister
Republic of Thailand

Supreme-Court.png

To: <The Russian Ambassador to Thailand; CC: Boris Nemstov, President of the Russian Federation>
Subject: ISOC v. Republic of Thailand Armed Forces and Thai Government
Security Type: NSST Network Security Protocol

Your Excellency,

On behalf of the Supreme Court of Thailand, I am writing to inform you of a matter related to the upcoming hearing of the case ISOC v. Republic of Thailand Armed Forces and Thai Government scheduled for January 2, 2024. The Ministry of Interior has petitioned your esteemed office to provide legal representation to the Internal Security Operation Command (ISOC) in this case. The Supreme Court has granted writs of certiorari to the Republic of Thailand Armed Forces (RTARF) following two prior unanimous rulings against them.

Your presence as a supplementary attorney for the ISOC would be highly valued. The Court would appreciate your legal expertise on the interpretation of potential repercussions arising from the sale of ten Gepard-class frigates. Due to limitations in the Court's domestic jurisdiction regarding international law interpretations, we believe your insights would be invaluable in presenting the Russian Federation's perspective on this matter. While the ISOC is leading the prosecution of individuals involved in alleged corruption, the Court acknowledges the broader international implications of this case. Your participation would significantly contribute to the Court's comprehensive deliberations.

We would be honored to receive your esteemed office's formal response to this request at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards

Mrs.Anocha Chevitsophon
The Honorable Chief Justice
President of the Supreme Court
The Supreme Court of Thailand

Digital Correspondence of the Supreme Court of Thailand​

Jay

Last edited:

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1200px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png

Минюст России
Ministry of Justice
360px-Emblem_of_Ministry_of_Justice.png
[Recipient]: Clerk of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Thailand < Bossza007 >
[Sender]:
Minister of Justice, Russian Federation < NAShayk@MOJ.ru.gov >
[Subject]: [Confidential] RE: ISOC v. Thailand
Dear whom it may concern,

The Russian Federation commends Thailand for its efforts to address the criminal conduct of its nationals in criminal actions including alleged war crimes. The nature of their crimes is of great concern for the Russian Federation and the civilized world. We are eager to see justice delivered for those crimes.

Insofar as its pertains to the Russian Federation's official involvement in Thailand's domestic case pertaining to its Government Officials, the Ministry of Justice has advised the Government of the Russian Federation not to participate in these trials.

The scope of this case pertains is domestic in nature. It has to our knowledge, that while the cases have been based on Thai Military Officials violations of international law, the substance of the dispute is domestic. The Thai Judiciary has applied domestic law to the officers whether they are violations of Thailand's Declaration on Human Rights, Corruption Laws, or National Security Laws.

The ultimate authority to which exports are responsible is the Federal Government of Russia and as such it is Russia’s inherent right to intervene and take legal action on behalf of its corporate entities, incorporated inside Russia, where they lack the means to do so. Furthermore it is the right of the Federal Government of Russia to seek legal remedies when its export or commercial laws are violated by foreign actors.

The case does not address the illegal resale of ten Gepard-class Ships (the Gepard resale). Efforts to hold Thai Citizens accountable is an important step towards resolving the Gepard resale as well as maintaining the rule of law in Thailand. These will be positive steps and ones we encourage to address the unacceptable level of rogue actions by Thai Government Officials.

Furthermore we reject your phrasing of interpretation. There was an illegal sale and it has real consequences as a result of them. There were financial losses, intellectual property theft, and national security violations. As such we demand concrete steps to hold these violators accountable for these crimes.

As such, while my Government commends Thailand and its judiciary for holding these violators accountable, the fact of the matter is that the Russian Federation seeks to recover financial compensation for the loss of business and lost profits as a result of Thailand's actions to defraud Rosoboronexport and to receive punitive damages to deter further action in light of Thailand's wanton disregard to every effort to resolve this issue.

The Thai legal system does not offer a remedy to Russia regarding the Gepard resale. The Russian Federation is pursuing its own legal action through the International Court of Justice pursuant to the Articles of the Court which has the competent jurisdiction regarding international disputes.

This is in light of multiple attempts times to resolve this dispute using non-legal means and has been faced with persistent The Thai Government's efforts to undermine if not outright reject diplomatic mediation demonstrate a disingenuous effort to resolve the situation.

Should the Thai Judicial System offer remedy that is adequate, my Government would be willing to reevaluate its official position.

I offer the Court of my highest esteem,
Alyona Arshinova
Minister of Justice
Russian Federation

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

Supreme-Court.png

To: <Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation; CC: Alyona Arshinova, Minister of Justice of the Russian Federation>
Subject: ISOC v. Thailand
Security Type: NSST Network Security Protocol

To the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation,

The Supreme Court of Thailand acknowledges receipt of the correspondence from the Russian Ministry of Justice, addressed to the Court's Clerk Office, regarding the case of ISOC v. Thailand. We appreciate the Ministry's reference to the case as "ISOC v. Thailand." This accurately reflects the current status of the case, which was previously part of the broader "ISOC v. The Republic of Thailand Armed Forces and the Thai Government." The separation of these matters allows the Supreme Court to issue distinct verdicts, considering the distinct nature of the claims against the Thai government. Unlike the previous case, ISOC v. Thailand focuses on a complaint and lawsuit regarding the sale of Gepard-class frigates, not on actions attributed to the military leadership.

The Supreme Court of Thailand acknowledges limitations in its jurisdiction regarding compelling actions by the Executive branch at the behest of a foreign government. In light of this, the Court has issued an advisory opinion to the Thai Government alongside its verdict on the domestic corruption case. While this advisory opinion is non-binding, the Supreme Court, as the highest judicial authority, trusts that all parties will accord it due respect. This aligns with the Thai Constitution, which guarantees the independence and impartiality of the judiciary.

The Supreme Court of Thailand notes the limitations of its jurisdiction in matters of foreign policy and diplomatic engagement. Therefore, regarding the advisory opinion issued, the Court recommends that the Government of the Russian Federation direct any further communication to the appropriate channels within the Thai Government.

The Supreme Court reiterates its unwavering commitment to independence and impartiality. Direct communication with the Court on matters related to the Thai government could potentially compromise this principle. Nonetheless, the Court appreciates the Russian Federation's openness and directness in this matter.

Regards,

Mrs.Anocha Chevitsophon
The Honorable Chief Justice
President of the Supreme Court
The Supreme Court of Thailand

Digital Correspondence of the Supreme Court of Thailand​

Foreign-Affairs-photo.png

To: <Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation; CC: Lucie Albrecht, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation>
Subject: Russian’s Request of Thai Reimbursement
Security Type: NSST Protocol + Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service - The decryption method is sent separately via fax

To the Foreign Ministry of the Russian Federation,

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Thailand extends greetings to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. Following the Supreme Court of Thailand's verdict on the ISOC v. Thailand case, we are writing to inform your esteemed Ministry of the Thai government's course of action regarding the ten Gepard-class frigates. As you may be aware, the Supreme Court issued an advisory opinion on this matter. In line with our commitment to upholding the rule of law and maintaining a cordial and cooperative bilateral relationship with Russia, Thailand intends to address the issue of the frigates through reimbursement and public apology.

In recognition of the Supreme Court's advisory opinion and the impact on the Russian Federation, Thailand proposes the following course of action to address the issue of the Gepard-class frigates. Thailand intends to offer compensation to the Russian Federation for its losses related to the sale, including intellectual property rights. The proposed compensation package totals $4 billion and can be disbursed over a six-month period. This timeframe acknowledges the current economic climate in Russia. Specifically, Thailand proposes an immediate transfer of $1.5 billion, followed by five equal installments of $500 million over the subsequent five months. Additionally, Thailand is prepared to issue a public apology delivered by the Prime Minister. We welcome the Russian Government's input on the specific content of the apology to ensure it effectively addresses their concerns.

Sincerely,

Surakiart Sathirathai
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Republic of Thailand

Jay

• Love
Reactions: Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

Минюст России
Ministry of Justice
360px-Emblem_of_Ministry_of_Justice.png
[Recipient]: Clerk of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Thailand < Bossza007 >
[Sender]:
Minister of Justice, Russian Federation < NAShayk@MOJ.ru.gov >
[Subject]: [Confidential] RE: ISOC v. Thailand
Honorable Chief Justice of Thailand,

The Russian Federation would be willing to submit an amicus brief as part of the ISOC v. Thailand case pertaining to the illegal re-sale of Gepard-class frigates. Insofar as this case pertains to Thailand's domestic law the Russian Federation's amicus brief shall be focused on international law as well as Russia's domestic law.

Furthermore, my Government is eager to read the advisory opinion and understand its domestic implications against the Thai Government. I have advised my Government to continue to communicate with the Thai Government in the interest of resolving this matter.

The Russian Federation commends Thailand's judiciary for its commitment to independence and impartiality. For those reasons the Federation has opted not to participate in the ISOC v. Thailand case and instead shall offer its commentary. I am hopeful to see Thailand's judiciary executing its constitutional functions.

I offer the Court of my highest esteem,
Alyona Arshinova
Minister of Justice
Russian Federation

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

МИД РФ
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
1280px-Emblem_of_Ministry_of_Foreign_Affairs_of_Russia.svg.png
[Recipient]: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand < Bossza007 >
[Sender]:
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Russian Federation < @LCAlbrechtMOFA.de.gov >
[Subject]: [Confidential] RE:Russian’s Request of Thai Reimbursement
Minister Sathirathai,

I welcome your greetings and decision to resume diplomatic conversations regarding the Gepard situation. I am hopeful that we can build upon these efforts to see the resolution of this issue and to normalize relations following it.

My Government has watched the Supreme Court's decisions and we are happy to see the Thai Judiciary acting independent and holding its Government accountable. This is a positive step which highlights the Thai Judiciary's independence and its effectiveness in fighting corruption.

The Russian government would accept a total compensation package worth $4 billion to be paid over six months based on the terms you've stipulated. The Russian government would within 30 days of the first $1.5 billion payment not enforce the moratorium on export sales to Thailand as a gesture of good faith and would completely lift it upon the completion of payments.

As it pertains to an official apology the Russian Federation seeks language where Thailand assumes responsibility for the sale, it apologizes for doing the sale, and apologizes for its conduct following the breach including recent poor diplomatic decisions. We would, in addition to this offer of an apology, be willing to inform the International Court of Justice that our requests are no longer required and accept Thailand's apology and compensation as a just resolution to the issue.

I am eager to see results in this area and I can confirm my Government sees these as positive steps and ones which will normalize Russian-Thai relations and allow for strategic dialogue to redress other concerns.

Best regards,
Lucie Albrecht
Russian Federation

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

Foreign-Affairs-photo.png

To: <Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation; CC: Lucie Albrecht, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation>
Subject: RE: Russian’s Request of Thai Reimbursement
Security Type: NSST Protocol + Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service - The decryption method is sent separately via fax

To the Foreign Ministry of the Russian Federation,

The Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs has acknowledged receipt of the corresponding communication from its Russian counterpart. We are pleased to inform the Russian government that an initial payment of $1.5 billion has been transferred through secure channels. Due to existing financial commitments, the next installment is expected by the end of February or early March. Furthermore, as a demonstration of our sincere regret, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has issued a public apology, which can be found on the official website of the Government House of Thailand. The Thai government also seeks Russia's assistance in investigating the highly irregular movement of the Gepard-class frigates to Canada. We understand the technical complexities of this situation and would be grateful if the Russian intelligence community could collaborate with their Thai counterparts to shed light on this matter.

Sincerely,

Surakiart Sathirathai
Republic of Thailand

NIA.png

To: <The Federal Intelligence Service of the Russian Federation; CC: Federal Criminal Police Office of the Russian Federation; CC: Main Intelligence Directorate of the Russian Federation; CC: Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation>
Subject: Invitation for Collaboration
Security Type: Maximum Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service

To the Intelligence Community of the Russian Federation,

The National Intelligence Agency of Thailand, on behalf of the Thai Intelligence Community, extends greetings to its counterparts in the Russian Federation. We are writing to request your assistance and collaboration in investigating the movements of ten Gepard-class frigates currently in service with the Royal Canadian Navy. These frigates were originally acquired by Thailand from the Russian Federation in 1999. As you are aware, Thailand is currently addressing the unauthorized sale of these frigates by the Republic of Thailand Armed Forces Sales Authority. While we appreciate the ongoing cooperation between our governments on this matter, the Thai Intelligence Community has encountered difficulties in its investigation. We believe your expertise and resources could be invaluable in progressing this case. We are prepared to share the following information we have gathered.

According to intelligence gathered by the Republic Thai Navy Intelligence Office, ten Gepard-class frigates departed their home port in Sattahip on July 17, 2003, without authorization or prior notification to senior command. These frigates were scheduled to begin decommissioning on September 5, 2003. Due to heightened Thai naval activity in July 2003, personnel at Sattahip Naval Base initially believed the ships were conducting a standard patrol. However, within 24 hours of departure, the frigates had inexplicably reached Canadian territorial waters, over 28,000 kilometers away. While a Gepard-class frigate has a standard operating range of approximately 7,000 kilometers at a cruising speed of ten knots, completing such a journey in one day is physically impossible.

Further intelligence from the Royal Thai Air Force Intelligence Office indicates that the last known location of the frigates, as detected by a nearby Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) system, was at 5°57'19.22"N 107°55'38.03"E. Following this ping, the frigates vanished from both the Republic of Thailand Armed Forces Tactical Picture Display (TPD) and Situational Awareness Display (SAD). This coincides with the Republic of Thailand Navy Maritime Awareness Domain (MAD) system losing contact with the vessels. The reappearance of these frigates in Canadian territorial waters within a timeframe exceeding the physical capabilities of the Gepard-class frigates raises significant concerns for the Thai Intelligence Community. We are perplexed by the unexplained movement of these vessels over such a vast distance in such an abbreviated time.

The Thai Intelligence Community recognizes that the investigation into the movement of the Gepard-class frigates to Canada is complex. Given the current dynamic between Thailand and Canada, we believe a neutral third party would be most effective in facilitating a productive investigation. We therefore request the assistance of the Russian Intelligence Community in this matter. Your expertise and experience would be invaluable in leading a collaborative investigation that gathers information from all relevant parties, including the Canadian government. We are confident that through a neutral and cooperative approach, we can resolve this unusual situation.

Sincerely,

Wiroj Panichakul
Director of the National Intelligence Agency
Executive Office of the National Intelligence Agency
Republic of Thailand

Secure Digital Communication System​

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

СВР РФ
Foreign Intelligence Service
300px-Emblem_of_the_Foreign_Intelligence_Service_of_Russia.svg.png
[Recipient]: National Intelligence Agency < Bossza007 >
[Sender]:
Director of Foreign Intelligence Services, Russian Federation < @SENaryshkinSVR.ru.gov >
[Subject]: [Confidential] [Classified] RE:Gepard Resale
Dear Director Panichakul,

I trust this message finds you well.

The FSB concluded an internal investigation regarding Thailand's actions in the illegal resale of Russian ships to the Canadian Government. Based on intelligence collected by Russian assets along information supplied by friendly intelligence agencies.

The SVR, on behalf of the Russian intelligence community, conducted the external coordination of information sharing between our domestic agencies and global counterparts. Based on this assessment, the Russian Federation's intelligence community produced the Executive Report on Thai Subversion.

The Russian Government's assessment affirmed the intelligence collected by the SVR and FSB that the Thai Government directly ordered its crew men to deliver the ten Gepard-ships despite the Canadian Government's rejection of the ships.

The SVR relied on private communications intercepted by the Russian Government between Thai officials and other government actors to make this assessment. The SVR concludes that the Thai Government intended to deliver the decommissioned ships.

Russian Intelligence confirmed using a separate set of intercepted communications that the Thai Government followed up on separate occasions on its illegal sale. This included by members of Thailand's diplomatic corp.

In addition, based on coordination by the Russian and Canadian intelligence community, the SVR concluded that the majority of the Thai crew were unaware of the situation and demonstrated that the senior officials of the ships had not informed their crewmen of their orders.

Russian satellite intelligence used by the SVR can confirm that on July 17th, 2003, the ten Gepard-class frigates left their home port. Russian satellite intelligence later confirmed the ten Gepard-class frigates and monitored their delivery to Canada.

The formal conclusion of the Supervision Report has been consistent with the findings of our domestic counterpart the FSB and represents the honest efforts of Russian intelligence agents to understand the situation.

The Russian Government will request nonetheless request access to the ships black box to determine where the ships were refueled. Either being given a refuel near Japan, the Philippines, or Papua New Guinea based on assessments by the Russia's Naval Intelligence.

However the Russian intelligence community is unable to see the value in this alternative theory regarding delivery capacity. The ten Gepard-ships could've easily been refueled within the range of Thailand's Similan-class oilers with a range of 19,000km. With this supported capacity, the Thai ships could've reasonable been delivered.

Regards,
Sergey Naryshkin
Director of the SVR
Russian Federation