STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

The Grand European Summit

European Passport

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"Strasbourg is a wonderful choice, and we here from the Irish delegation to this summit believe that it should hold up even a second round of voting. Though I do believe Cork would make a good choice as well in the event. However France does raise a sound point in its own right. A second vote gives an air of indecision at this time, and would not make for good future precedent. I believe that if the concern is French stability, that we as a community should then be invested in France itself in an effort to address such a concern. Just as we should be invested in the stability of every other possible EU member. We can take measures to help support stability in one anothers nations on a individual basis, and perhaps eventually as a community.

However should this not be good enough then might I suggest we keep the first vote, and have a second vote be for a secondary headquarters? One which we would hopefully never need to rely on."

Mutmer

Srpska is SERB
Oct 18, 2022
well for serbia personally Both Cork and Strasbourg are out of the way that means many hours of travel that can leave one person feeling drained, perhaps a city like Frankfurt or Nuremberg in germany would be better fits. Both are centrally located have historical precedent and are major urban centers One was the Capital of the German Federation and the other was the destruction of the Nazis. With their better location and proximity to europe perhaps either of these cities are better?

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"No. Members have agreed that Strasbourg should be the headquarters of the European Union, we have agreed to split the funding for the headquarters with the Norwegian Government and now to throw this deal back to the table because of one reservation made by the British delegation is simply not to my liking. What happens when someone doesn't like one of the agreements submitted to the European Council when it operates technically passes and they throw reservations about that because they don't like it. This will not work if something is clearly about to pass and now is under scrutiny."

Vaka Jamie Connor Mutmer Joe Ender HeadlessSeeker Dutchy ManBear

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"I feel like I need to respond to that comment, 'Members have agreed', implying the UK is not a member here? Five members voted yes. Yes, a majority, but not all. I felt like that aspect needed clarifying to avoid confusion. I should also add that, 'technically passes' means what? There is no policy as to what would constitute a pass. Whether it's a majority, or whether all members should be in agreement. My intention isn't to upset my French counterparts, but to express concern." The Prime Minister fell silent, l he felt like he had potentially hindering relations with France which genuinely wasn't intentional.

He got a note placed in front of him with a figure. His ego couldn't let it go, he perked up again. "Speaking of stability, I would like to know how the French Government intends to pay and maintain the HQ with their existing debt of 4.7bn dollars."

It was a rhetorical point, Andrew Evans continued: "We would obviously respect Strasbourg as the option for the HQ if that is selected... for lack of better options. I would support the HQ in the City of Cork, however."

Zak Vaka Mutmer Connor HeadlessSeeker Bruno ManBear

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Prime Minister Evans, you are a wonderful politician and have led your party in the United Kingdom and the government with distinguished service. Our countries hold different views here but we all work together on a common ground of European stability. When I stated members have agreed, I was referring to the members sitting here who have voted for the headquarters to be based in the city of Strasbourg. I understand that it is not a majority but the fact five members here have voted for the headquarters to be in France and two against so technically if the vote was to close now, that would mean the headquarters being located in our country.

Our country expects to be out of debt within one month, the complex we currently have plans for will take longer than that to build as we have artitechts and wonderful builders from across the country ready on hand to begin construction proposals. As agreed with my Norwegian counterpart, they will be putting the other half of the funds up to fund the project."

Jamie Vaka Mutmer Connor HeadlessSeeker Bruno Dutchy

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
The King of Poland would key his microphone for the second time during the meeting, no longer content to simply listen.

"I think we should all take a moment to remember that what some of our member nations have stated earlier. This is a historical moment for Europe. The strongest and most stable members of Europe are seated together in an effort to unite Europe to see everyone involved grow economically and socially. But we also have to take into account that this is the first time our great nations have come together in order better stabilize our regions and help the citizens of the world. I personally came to the meeting knowing that there would be distrust with the other member nations. We have all been stranded at sea on our own life rafts and have come upon the same island at the same time. We don't truly know one another. Not yet. But we have to set aside our misgivings for a moment. Now on to my point.

One of the smaller nations here has expressed concern over the length of travel from their home to Strasbourg and another has expressed concern of stability in the region. Which is a concern that is not unfounded. In truth, Poland is not without its own troubles. Both historically and recently but I would be remiss if I did not offer something when asked to. Off the top of my head I would like to put the city of Poznan up for consideration. It has access to an airport, railways, and expressways. We could also house the Council within the Imperial Castle until a new more modern building is constructed. I also would like to make a point that I do not wish our French friends to feel slighted by this change if it is desired by the other members."

HeadlessSeeker Jamie Zak Bruno Dutchy Connor Joe Vaka Mutmer Joe Connor

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
I wanted to hold another vote as we were starting to get more involved in the conversation about where the European Council would be seated. Others had not yet had a chance to voice their opinions on the matter before I called a vote. That is my mistake. This is not a slight towards France in any way. This is also just a meeting of ideas hear today. We are not writing laws, and this conference currently holds no current jurisdiction as of yet. I want to have as many suggestions as possible before we decide to put worth a tentative agreement between all of us here in attendance. Unfortunately, we can not use any of the locations in Germany as they are not currently participating the in the European Summit. That being said I feel we have enough locations to put it up for a final vote.

Vote Here.

While the votes are being tallied I would like to ask for a few points on the structure of the European Council. Firstly, I have suggested that each member nation assign one counselor appointed by their current ruling government. Should this be more than one member? Should they be elected in a special general election or simply appointed? If this is to be the case, what would the term limits be?

Also on the rules of proposing and signing the legislation. I have suggested that legislation can be brought forth if the bill is sponsored by two or more member nations. Once the bill is debated on the Council floor a vote can be called to pass the legislation. Should this vote need to be unanimous or simply a majority? Please note that this is just a structural vote, what powers this council will have over domestic policy will have to be debated by the council itself. But this will set up the framework to expand as everything must be brought up for debate and voted on. I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

HeadlessSeeker Jamie ManBear Zak Bruno Dutchy GingeOrCringe Connor Joe Mutmer Ender

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"For a European Council we have our own opinion on how someone should be appointed to the council. It is our opinion that heads of state or government should be members of the council and there should be a President of the council that requires a double majority or qualifying majority. The role of a President of the council should be largely political. Organizing and chairing meetings as well as seeking to find consensus among members. They can also represent the will of the council publicly.

Also I think any vote on legislation should at the very least require a double majority."

Vaka Jamie ManBear Mutmer Zak Dutchy Connor

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
I regret to inform all in attendance that the delegation from France has not only withdrawn its bid to host the European Council but that its president has recalled the delegation thus ending their participation here at the European Summit. We understand that with their new government, they have had some reservations about creating a European Union. This is unfortunate as they help craft some of the various ideas we have discussed here today. With that being said, we would like to congratulate Poznan, Poland on being chosen as the location to house the European Council. Norway will be contributing half the costs of a permanent residence for the Council there. With the location now determined we must decide on how this European Council is to operate. The Irish delegation had put forth the idea of a president of the Council, thus passing legislation would require a double majority in order to pass. I also think this is a wonderful idea. It would add another balance to the scale of power. Combing both ideas we have sketched out the following.

The European council consisting of a president and requiring at least two members to propose legislation and a double majority to pass legislation would have the following structure:

1. The president of the council, who would be elected by the members and would have the power to veto or approve legislation proposed by the council.

2. Two members of the council who would be required to jointly propose legislation. This would ensure that no single member could impose their will on the council without the support of at least one other member.

3. A double majority system in which legislation would need to be approved by a majority of both the council members and the president. This would ensure that legislation is passed only if it has the support of both the council members and the president, thus providing a check and balance on the power of each.

4. The council could also have the power to override a presidential veto with a two-thirds majority vote.

This is a basic design for the council but depending on the specific goal, the rules can be adjusted. Also, there can be more designated positions such as secretary, and/or rules regarding quorum and attendance. Again this is just a rough idea. I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Regarding the election of its members, one possibility would be to leave the matter on which Councilor gets sent to the European Council left up wholly to that member nation. Some nations will want to have their representatives elected. As others will find it simpler to appoint someone to the position. While the Irish delegation suggested head of Government fill these positions, Taking my own experience as Prime Minister of Norway would find this very difficult. But ultimately this should be left up to each member nation to decide. What do you think?

HeadlessSeeker Jamie ManBear Bruno Dutchy Connor Mutmer Ender

Last edited:

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
France withdrawing their support to the Union in its infancy was not a good sign for the fledgling organization that didn't even have a charter or any treatise's to its name. Though it was probably best for the Union that they did leave before the actual formation of the Union. Leaving after its formation would have brought unnecessary scrutiny to the Union and would have destroyed what little credibility the Europeans would have had. Yes. Best that they left now instead of later.

"That is unfortunate that France has decided to leave the talks, Prime Minister, but we are grateful that Poland has been chosen as the host nation for the European Council. We will discuss the cost of construction after the talks are over, yes? Now, onto the matter at hand."

King Grabowski would take a sip from his glass before speaking again.

"The only position Poland would like to take at this point, until differing positions are heard, is that I do not feel we could get legislation passed in an appropriate amount of time if each councilor is the Head of Government. I know with my nation I often find myself pulled seventeen different ways and working thirty hours in a day in insure the nation is running smoothly. Tack onto familial obligations I find it unwise to add even more of a work load onto ourselves and that is just Poland. I can hardly imagine the strain that Sweden and the United Kingdom have placed upon their shoulders. But I also think, as a organization that is to be founded upon democracy we avoid simply appointing our representatives. My vote is to either have each nation choose how their councilor chosen or if we institute elections and allow the people to choose who will represent them within the Union."

HeadlessSeeker Jamie Bruno Dutchy Connor Mutmer Ender Zak Vaka

Mutmer

Srpska is SERB
Oct 18, 2022
It is unfortunate that the french have withdrawn from the european council over the location debate, with the french withdrawal it is showing instability in the council. We would also like to thank the polish representative for supporting our request for a closer location to meet as for as possible representative we in serbia are thinking of appointing them with the rest of the ministers adding a Minister for European Affairs into the government this can allow us to keep the process democratic or we can use our GA Ministers for the council to keep the process simple
also, after discussion with amongst each other we should invite some *Ahem* old enemies to the council. to not isolate the russians we should invite them to the council to male it a Pan-european council.

as for the idea of a president we for serbia support the idea.

HeadlessSeeker Jamie Bruno Dutchy ManBear Ender Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
I think we have made great progress with this summit. We have come together in this place to help form a treaty that would be the beginning of a European Union. Although we have had our differences, I do believe that we have found enough common ground to form the basis of a treaty. Our legal staff have prepared a draft version of the Treaty of Forming the European Union. This lays out a legal framework bringing our nations together with our representatives to form the European Council in Poland. The rules for creating legislation are included. Please look over the draft and make any suggestions you might have. Once we are agreed on the draft, we will have a formal treaty signing that will be open to the media. With out further ado, here is the draft version of the Treaty of Forming the European Union.

The European Union

PREAMBLE

THE NATIONS OF EUROPE,

DETERMINED to lay the foundations of an ever closer union among the peoples of Europe,

RESOLVED to ensure the economic and social progress of their countries by common action
to eliminate the barriers which divide Europe,

AFFIRMING as the essential objective of their efforts the constant improvements of the living
and working conditions of their peoples,

RECOGNISING that the removal of existing obstacles calls for concerted action in order to
guarantee steady expansion, balanced trade and fair competition,

ANXIOUS to strengthen the unity of their economies and to ensure their harmonious development
by reducing the differences existing between the various regions and the backwardness of the less-favoured regions,

DESIRING to contribute, by means of a common commercial policy, to the progressive
abolition of restrictions on international trade,

INTENDING to confirm the solidarity which binds Europe and the overseas countries and
desiring to ensure the development of their prosperity, in accordance with the principles of the
Charter of The Global Assembly,

RESOLVED by thus pooling their resources to preserve and strengthen peace and liberty, and
calling upon the other peoples of Europe who share their ideal to join in their efforts,

DETERMINED to promote the development of the highest possible level of knowledge for
their peoples through a wide access to education and through its continuous updating,

HAVE DECIDED to create a EUROPEAN COMMUNITY.

ARTICLE 1: ESTABLISHMENT OF THE EUROPEAN UNION

The Member Nations hereby establish a European Union, which shall be a separate legal entity.

ARTICLE 2: PURPOSES

The European Union shall have the following purposes:
a) To promote peace, stability, and prosperity in Europe and beyond;

b) To enhance the cooperation and integration between the Member Nations in the fields of economy, trade, and politics;

c) To support and promote the values of democracy, human rights, and the rule of law.

ARTICLE 3: EUROPEAN COUNCIL

The European Union shall establish a separate voting council known as the European Council consisting of a president and representatives from each Member Nation.

The European Council shall be housed in Poznan, Poland, and shall be responsible for taking decisions on behalf of the European Union.

ARTICLE 4: LEGISLATION

To propose legislation, two representatives of the European Council shall be required.

To pass legislation, a double majority shall be required. This means that a majority of the representatives of the European Council must vote in favor of the legislation, and a majority of the Member Nations must also be present for the vote.

The president of the European Council shall have the power to veto legislation. In such a case, the legislation can still be passed if a 2/3 majority of the representatives of the European Council vote in favor of it.

ARTICLE 5: AMENDMENTS

This Treaty may be amended by a decision of the European Council, taken by a double majority of its representatives.

ARTICLE 6: ENTRY INTO FORCE

This Treaty shall enter into force on the date of its signature by the Member Nations.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned representatives, being duly authorized by their respective governments, have signed this Treaty.

Signed in [Location] on [Date].

Last edited:

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
The Polish King would look over the document presented before him. I’m fact he would read it several times to insure he did not miss any detail in the wording. He had read many treaties and the like through his time within the government of Poland and earlier in life as he obtained his degree in University. And it was this past knowledge that led him to speak first.

“The Polish delegation does not see anything immediately wrong with the draft presented before us. Nor do I see a reason to not press to move to voting on the finalized document unless one of our other esteemed delegates see something I cannot.”

Vaka HeadlessSeeker Jamie Bruno Connor Mutmer Dutchy Joe GingeOrCringe

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"The Irish delegation also does not see anything inherently wrong with the presented draft. However, while I have been granted the power to vote on this document I believe it would be best if the President of Ireland them self signed it given the importance of the document. We would like to know of after a vote occurs if we can within a day or two fly the President here to sign the document."

ManBear Vaka Jamie Mutmer Connor

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Dutch delegation, led by the Mr Henk van Houtem supported by two senior aides, would enter the room late and quietly make their way to the seats designated for the Netherlands. Van Houtem would offer an apologetic glance to the Norwegian's chairing the discussion as one of the aides handed a stack of transcripts to the Ambassador. He would quickly skim through the talks, raising an eyebrow at the speed of the debate on complex policy areas and took a double take at the British and French fued regarding the location. Having caught up on the talks, and having read the proposed treaty, the Ambassador would signal his desire to address the floor.

If granted, Ambassador van Houtem activated his microphone and briefly looked down at the sheets of paper in front of him. "Honourable attendees, I apoligise for my tardiness though I will say it is my pleasure to be seated with you here today, a day which has brought so many European powers together to discuss a common path for the future of Europe. I would like to offer a special thank you to the Kingdom of Norway for their efforts for facilitating these talks. My government is extremely excited at the prospects of this summit, and we are eager to cooperate with willing states to establish institutions to foster European cooperation.

A range of policy topics have already been mentioned, but before we get too far ahead of ourselves, we believe that it is important that we first lay a solid foundation for us to buid upon. We agree that a founding treaty is a first key step to achieving our collective desire for increased European cooperation, but the current draft is in our eyes lackluster in details which will specify the functioning of this European Union.

I fear that we are rushing towards a treaty when much more remains to be discussed, perhaps not at the level of heads of government and heads of state, but at working group level which can build upon the current proposal and create a proper foundational treaty for a European Union. Therefore, I humbly suggest that perhaps we adjourn this meeting with a common statement celebrating our talks here today, while we establish a European Working Group to continue the talks on the treaty. A second European Summit can be hosted at a time when the Treaty is ready to be signed."

The Ambassador would turn off the microphone and take a sip of water as he looked across the room to see how the suggestion was received by the other parties.

Vaka HeadlessSeeker ManBear Connor Mutmer Bruno Joe

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
I would also be inclined to agree that much has been left undiscussed here at this summit. However, there has been a sentiment here toward keeping the treaty nearly barebones to allow the European Council to discuss it properly. I would love to hear your suggestions on the draft. I would not want Norway to write most of the starting documents as this process was meant to be completely collaborative. That being said if you would like to suggest a draft revision yourself, I would be more than happy to put it towards another vote here.

That being said I would like to come away with an agreement of some fashion before we break this conference. Such a momentous occasion has drawn together many of the brightest minds in Europe in the same room. I feel it would be a missed opportunity to not come to an agreement here and not strike while the iron is hot. Whether the treaty stays barebones, or becomes more comprehensive, we need to show the people of Europe that their heads of government can put aside years of bickering and come together as one.

ManBear Jamie Connor HeadlessSeeker Bruno Joe Zak Dutchy Mutmer

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I fully comprehend your conviction for aiming as high as possible with this summit, my concern is that agreeing with a barebone treaty will leave the Union without the strong foundations it needs to grow. Therefore I emphasise the importance for a solid founding treaty that will lay out the institutional framework of the organisation. In the spirit of collaboration, I would request that we review a second draft which you will receive in just a moment," the Ambassador would say as his aides began walking around the room handing out documents containing a revised version of the draft treaty to the other dignitaries seated around the table.

The Treaty on the European Union

Preamble

THE STATES OF EUROPE,

DETERMINED to lay the foundations of an ever closer union among the peoples of Europe,

RESOLVED to ensure the economic and social progress of their countries by common action to eliminate the barriers which divide Europe,

AFFIRMING as the essential objective of their efforts the constant improvements of the living
and working conditions of their peoples,

RECOGNISING that the removal of existing obstacles calls for concerted action in order to
guarantee steady expansion, balanced trade and fair competition,

ANXIOUS to strengthen the unity of their economies and to ensure their harmonious development by reducing the differences existing between the various regions and the backwardness of the less-favoured regions,

DESIRING to contribute, by means of a common commercial policy, to the progressive
abolition of restrictions on international trade,

INTENDING to confirm the solidarity which binds Europe and the overseas countries and
desiring to ensure the development of their prosperity, in accordance with the principles of the
Charter of The Global Assembly,

RESOLVED by thus pooling their resources to preserve and strengthen peace and liberty, and
calling upon the other peoples of Europe who share their ideal to join in their efforts,

DETERMINED to promote the development of the highest possible level of knowledge for
their peoples through a wide access to education and through its continuous updating,

HAVE DECIDED to create a EUROPEAN UNION.

TITLE I - COMMON PROVISIONS

Article 1. Establishment of the European Union
  1. By this Treaty of the European Union, (hereafter referred to as ‘the Treaty’), the HIGH CONTRACTING PARTIES establish among themselves a EUROPEAN UNION (hereafter referred to as ‘the Union’), on which the Member States confer competences to attain objectives they have in common.
  2. The Union shall be a separate legal entity.

Article 2. Purposes
  1. The Union shall have the following purposes:
    1. to promote peace, stability, and prosperity in Europe and beyond;
    2. to enhance the cooperation and integration between the Member States in the competent policy areas granted to the Union;
    3. to support and promote the values of democracy, human rights, and the rule of law.

Article 3. Institutions
  1. The Union shall have an institutional framework to advance its objectives, serve the interests of the Member States, and ensure the consistency, effectiveness and continuity of its policies and actions.
  2. The Union’s institutions shall be:
    1. the European Council;
    2. the Council of the European Union;
    3. the European Commission.

TITLE II - PROVISIONS OF THE EUROPEAN COUNCIL

Article 4. Establishment of the European Council
  1. The European Council shall be established as the highest-ranking decision-making body of the Union.
  2. The European Council defines the overall political directions and priorities of the Union.
  3. The European Council is composed of heads of state or government, as determined by each Member State, and a President of the European European Council (hereafter referred to as ‘the President’).
  4. The European Council shall be seated in Poznan, Poland.
    1. The President may decide to meet and conduct business in another location, though a valid reason must be communicated to the Member States.
      1. A single Member State can submit a formal objection to such a decision to the President.
      2. If more than one-third of Member States submit their objections to the President, then the President is subsequently required to consult with the Member States to obtain the support of a simple majority of member states to the decision to conduct the business of the European Council elsewhere.
      3. If such a majority is not achieved, then the business of the European Council must take place in Poznan, Poland.

Article 5. President of the European Council
  1. The President presides over the European Council and serves a coordinating role.
  2. The President shall serve for a term of one year, and may be re-elected for a maximum of four terms.

TITLE III - PROVISIONS OF THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION

Article 6. Establishment of the Council of the European Union
  1. The European Commission (hereafter referred to as ‘the Commission’), headed by the President of the European Council, shall be established to act as a secretariat, and will be located alongside the seat of the European Council.

TITLE IV - PROVISIONS OF THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION

Article 7. Establishment of the Council of the European Union
  1. The Council of the European Union (hereafter referred to as ‘the Council’) shall be established.
  2. The Council’s composition is based on the topic of discussion and is composed of a cabinet-level official, as determined by each Member State.
  3. The Council negotiates and adopts European law, develops common policies, concludes international agreements, and adopts the budget.
  4. The presidency of the Council rotates among the Member States every six (6) months.
  5. The presidency chairs meetings at every level of the Council.

Article 8. Establishment of the Committee of Permanent Representatives
  1. The Committee of Permanent Representatives (hereafter referred to as ‘COREPER’) shall be established.
  2. COREPER’s composition is based on the topic of discussion and is composed of a cabinet-level official, as determined by each Member State.

TITLE V - EUROPEAN LAW

Article 9. Types of Legislation
  1. A ‘regulation’ is a binding legislative act and must be applied in its entirety across the Union.
  2. A ‘directive’ is a legislative act that sets out a goal for the Member States to achieve. However, it remains the prerogative for the individual Member State to devise their own laws on how to attain said goals.
  3. A ‘decision’ is binding on those to whom it is addressed and is directly applicable.
  4. A ‘recommendation’ is non-binding and does not have any legal consequences. It allows for the Union to make its position known as it suggests a course of action to whom it is addressed.
  5. An ‘opinion’ is an instrument that allows for non-binding statements.

Article 10. Ordinary Legislative Procedure
  1. Any Member State may submit a legislative proposal to the Council of the European Union.
  2. A first reading within COREPER will be held where:
    1. the proposal is approved unanimously and the legislation is therefore adopted, ending the procedure;
    2. the proposal is approved by a simple majority, and the legislation will go for a second reading within the Council;
    3. the proposal fails to attain a simple majority and is therefore rejected, ending the procedure.
  3. A second reading may be held when required under Article #.2.b where:
    1. the proposal is approved by a two-thirds majority and the legislation is therefore adopted, ending the procedure.
    2. the proposal is approved by simple majority, and the legislation will go for a third reading within the European Council;
    3. the proposal fails to attain a simple majority and is therefore rejected, ending the procedure.
  4. A third reading may be held when required under Article #.3.b where:
    1. the proposal is approved by a two-thirds majority and the legislation is therefore adopted, ending the procedure.
    2. the proposal fails to attain a two-thirds majority and is therefore rejected, ending the procedure.

Article 11. Infringement Procedure
  1. In the event that a Member State fails to apply binding European law, then the Council, through a simple majority, may launch an infringement procedure.
  2. Upon the adoption of the infringement procedure, the President of the European Council is directed to enter discussions with the infringing Member State to settle the issue.
  3. In the event that such discussions are unsuccessful in ensuring compliance with European law, then the President may table a decision to sanction the infringing Member State.

TITLE VI - COURT OF JUSTICE OF THE EUROPEAN UNION

Article 12. Establishment of the Court of Justice of the European Union
  1. The Court of Justice of the European Union (hereafter referred to as ‘the Court’) shall be established as the judicial branch of the Union.
  2. The Court shall consist of two major courts:
    1. the Court of Justice, which hears cases between Member States and acts as the supreme court of the Union on matters of European law;
    2. the General Court, which hears matters from individuals and companies.
  3. The Court shall be seated in the Peace Palace, The Hague, the Netherlands.
  4. The Court shall consist of one judge from each of the Member States.

Article 13. Court of Justice
  1. The Court of Justice shall consist of three judges, appointed by the European Council through a two-thirds majority, for a term of two years, for a maximum of three terms.
    1. From amongst the selected judges, the European Council shall, through a simple majority, appoint a President of the Court of Justice.

Article 14. General Court
  1. The General Court shall consist of three judges, appointed by the Council through a simple majority, for a term of two years, for a maximum of three terms.
    1. From amongst the selected judges, the Council shall, through a simple majority, appoint a President of the General Court.
    2. In the event a judge is no longer able to fulfil their posts, the position will become vacant until such a time that the Council appoints a new judge.

TITLE VII - ENLARGEMENT

Article 15. Eligible Members
  1. Any European state, as defined by European law, may apply for membership to the Union.
  2. An application must be submitted to the President of the European Council. The President will present the application to the European Council, which by two-thirds majority, will decide whether to grant official candidate status to the applicant State. Upon receiving candidate status, the applicant State enters the accession process.
  3. Formal accession negotiations will be led by the Commission which aims to assist with the implementation of judicial, administrative and economic reforms, and ensure that all European law has been adopted and ratified.
  4. Upon completion of the adoption and ratification of all European law and implementation of the necessary reforms, the President may submit to the European Council a review on final accession of the candidate State.
    1. The European Council, through unanimity, may approve the review allowing for the candidate State to sign this Treaty and become a Member State of this Union.

TITLE VIII - FINAL PROVISIONS

Article 16. Amendments
  1. The Treaty may be amended in accordance with an ordinary revision procedure.

Article 17. Ordinary Revision Procedure
  1. The Government of any Member State may submit to the Council proposals for amendments to the Treaty. These proposals may, inter alia, serve either to increase or reduce the competences conferred on the Union in the Treaty.
  2. If the Council adopts by a simple majority decision to review the proposal, then the proposals shall be discussed by the Council.
    1. The Council may adopt by simple majority decision not to review the proposal. Subsequently, the proposal shall not be discussed by the Council.
  3. Any proposal shall require a two-thirds majority to be adopted.
  4. An adopted proposal shall, unless otherwise stated in the proposal, automatically enter into force six months after signing.

Article 18. Period of Validity
  1. This Treaty is concluded for an unlimited period.

Article 19. Ratification
  1. This Treaty shall be ratified by the High Contracting Parties in accordance with their respective constitutional requirements. The instruments of ratification shall be deposited with the Government of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

Article 20. Entry into Force
  1. This Treaty shall enter into force on 1 MONTH YEAR, provided that all the instruments of ratification have been deposited, or failing that, on the first day of the month following the deposit of the instrument of ratification by the last signatory State to take this step.

Article 21. Language
  1. This Treaty, drawn up in a single original in the Dutch, English, French, Irish, Norwegian, Polish, Serbian, and Swedish languages, the texts in each of these languages being equally authentic, shall be deposited in the archives of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, which will transmit a certified copy to each of the governments of the signatory States.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned Plenipotentiaries, being duly authorised by their respective governments, have signed this Treaty.

Signed in [Location] on [Date].

(OOC: A digital version can be found here)

"My government humbly submits this version for review by the honourable members attending this summit." The Ambassador would open a pencil case and retrieve a highlighter and marker, ready to tackle the draft with any adjustments or suggestions made by the other members.

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
The King of Poland would review the document, careful to read everything written on it. A few things struck out at the new King, compared to the other heads of state present.

"There is a few things that strike out at me immediately upon reading this document. Firstly, it mentions that each member of the European Council shall consist of each Head of State or Government as determined by each Member State. I was under the impression that we had either agreed to allow each nation to assigned someone to the position or hold elections. Leaving the decision to each member nation. Of course I could be misremembering what the decision was. Second, I see additions of a European Commission and a Council of the European Union. I also do not remember voting on these additions to the European Council. Nor do I remember voting on the Court of Justice or housing the Court of Justice within the Netherlands, not that I am adverse to either decisions. Nor do I remember voting on housing the document within the Kingdom of the Netherlands, which I am also not opposed to. We must remember that we supposed to be establishing the pinnacle of democracy for Europe and for the world to look towards as an example."

Vaka Dutchy HeadlessSeeker Bruno Joe Mutmer Connor Jamie GingeOrCringe

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Correct Your Majesty, a lot of provisions within the draft have yet to be discussed. However, I feel that in order to begin full scale discussions, and to be efficient with the valuable time of the honourable members present, I desire to promote the inclusion of those provisions you mentioned, subject to further negotiation of course."

"Most of the provisions you have pointed out have been included for effective European governance. The Permanent Representatives Council (COREPER) reflects the decision to appoint ambassadors to the Union to draft, debate, and vote on legislation. However, in the event that there is substantive disagreement, the addition of a Council of the European Union, which brings together Ministers allows for discussions between members with more power and influence. Then, the European Council brings together the heads of state and government to decide upon a mutually agreeable political direction for the Union, and to debate and vote upon the most difficult policies which lack proper consensus at the lower decision-making levels."

"The Commission offers the President of the European Council administrative support to carry out European Law, and its competences will always be decided by the Member States."

"The addition of a Court of Justice allows to the interpretation and enforcement of European Law. It's housing in the Peace Palace, subject to approval of course, places it together with the International Court of Justice, perhaps a symbolic gesture boosting international law."

"Perhaps our Norwegian colleagues would like to add each point mentioned by His Majesty to the agenda for proper discussion"

Vaka ManBear HeadlessSeeker Bruno Joe Mutmer Connor Jamie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear