STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Trilateral Trade Agreement

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
Security Classification:
SECRET

To: Prime Minister Antonio Guterres Bruno Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez Zak
Cc:
Subject: Trilateral Agreement on Maritime Trade

Dear Prime Ministers,

I am emailing in relation to the first Iberian Summit that took place towards the end of last year, specifically regarding discussions that happened over the three-port agreement that we've formally named the Trilateral Agreement on Maritime Trade.

My office had been reached at the time to compile a draft for an initial agreement to incorporate the points of discussion and this is what I'd like to share with you today.

Please find the attached document for your viewing, if you could both please read and provide any feedback or modifications you'd like making.

Alternatively, if all parties are content with the agreement, I can finalize it and send you a copy to sign and return where we will all be granted individual copies.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kindest Regards,
Charlotte

Charlotte Baker | Business Secretary |

Security Classification:
TOP SECRET

TRILATERAL AGREEMENT ON MARITIME TRADE

between the

United Kingdom of Great Britain and North Ireland,

Portuguese Republic,

and

Kingdom of Spain

[ January, 2004 ]

Preamble
The Parties hereby establish this Agreement to promote and regulate maritime trade activities among the UK, Portugal, and Spain, fostering economic cooperation, ensuring the efficient flow of goods, and enhancing maritime security.

Definitions
For the purpose of this Agreement:

a. Maritime Trade: Refers to the transportation of goods and services via maritime routes between the territories of the Parties.

b. Ports: Designates the sea and inland ports within the territories of the Parties, including associated facilities and infrastructure.

c. Maritime Security: Encompasses measures aimed at preventing and mitigating threats to maritime trade, including but not limited to piracy, smuggling, and terrorism.​

Article I, Promotion of Maritime Trade
The signatories pledge to expedite the clearance of goods and reduce administrative complexities associated with maritime trade by streamlining customs and administrative procedures. Furthermore, active encouragement is given for private sector investment in the development and maintenance of modern port infrastructure and facilities. This article underscores the collective effort to create an environment conducive to the expansion and efficiency of maritime trade activities, promoting economic cooperation among the signatory nations.

Article II, Regulation
The Parties commit to a collaborative effort in establishing common standards and regulations to ensure safety, security, and environmental protection in maritime trade. Regular consultations will be conducted to address and harmonize regulatory frameworks governing maritime trade within the territories of the Parties. This cooperative approach aims to foster a unified and effective regulatory environment that benefits the Parties involved in maritime trade activities.

Article III, Security
Signatories shall engage in collective efforts to address and combat illegal activities, including piracy, smuggling, and terrorism, to enhance the security of maritime trade. Cooperation shall extend to the sharing of information and intelligence, facilitating a comprehensive approach to prevent and respond to maritime security challenges. Additionally, joint exercises and training programs may be organized to bolster the capabilities of the Parties in effectively dealing with threats to maritime security. This article underscores the commitment of the Parties to collaborate and strengthen security measures for the benefit of their respective maritime interests.

Article IV, Dispute Resolution
In the event of a dispute, the Parties commit to seeking amicable resolution through consultation and negotiation. Should the dispute persist, the Parties may explore alternative mechanisms for resolution, such as mediation, in accordance with mutually agreed-upon procedures. This article underscores the Parties' commitment to resolving disputes in a cooperative and constructive manner, ensuring the effective implementation and enforcement of the Agreement.

Article V, Notice of Withdrawal
This agreement shall continue to be in force until such time as any party decides to withdraw from it, intent to withdraw must be delivered in writing to other signatories which will commence a six (6) month notice period. If all parties wish to terminate this agreement, no notice period is required and the treaty can be terminated immediately.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned, duly authorised by their respective Governments, have signed this Agreement.

Done in three originals, January 2004.

For the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland:
Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
Lawrence Adams
Jamie

For the Portuguese Republic:
President of Portugal
António Guterres

For the Kingdom of Spain:
Prime Minister of Spaion
Pedro Sánchez

Published by the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland:
Point of Contact
Address:
Foreign and Commonwealth Office, King Charles Street, London, SW1
Telephone: 03700 00 22 44
© Crown Copyright​

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Moncloa Palace
Security Classification: ENCRYPTED

Dear Secretary Charlotte Baker,

I apologise for the severe delay in getting back to you, it has been a busy few days here in Madrid. I have sat down with the Minister of Foreign Affairs and our advisory teams and we feel as though the above agreement is one that will benefit us all in the long term and this agreement will be presented to the Congress of Deputies in the coming days and if approved, it will be signed into law and written approval will be sent to your office.

Regards,
Pedro Sánchez
Prime Minister of Spain
Kingdom of Spain

Jamie Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
1024px-Coat_of_arms_of_Portugal.svg.png

SECRET

To: Secretary Charlotte Baker Jamie
Subject: Trilateral Agreement on Maritime Trade

Thank you for sharing the draft of the Trilateral Agreement on Maritime Trade following our recent summit. I appreciate the effort invested in its preparation. Having reviewed the document, I commend the commitment to promoting economic growth through streamlined maritime trade and enhanced security measures. However, I believe there are two additional aspects that could further benefit all parties involved that could still make it to the draft.

Firstly, I propose exploring the potential for collaborative projects in research and development within the maritime sector. By pooling our resources and expertise, we can unlock innovative solutions that not only improve efficiency but also enhance our competitive edge in the global market.

Secondly, I suggest considering initiatives to strengthen educational exchanges and vocational training programs in maritime-related fields. By nurturing a skilled workforce, we can foster long-term sustainability and growth in the maritime industry while solidifying our position as leaders in maritime education and training.

Furthermore, there is still the necessity for congressional approval, however I am optimistic about the multi-partisan support this agreement could garner. This collaboration presents an opportunity for us to showcase our ability to work together for the greater good, reinforcing the strength of our partnership. Especially in a much divided world that needs more warm leadership and cooperation.

Thank you again for your dedication to this matter. I look forward to our continued collaboration and the realization of our shared goals.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

President of the Portuguese Republic,
Antonio Guterres

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

Security Classification:
SECRET

To: Prime Minister Antonio Guterres Bruno Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez Zak
Cc:
Subject: Re: Trilateral Agreement on Maritime Trade

Dear Prime Ministers,

I would like to start by addressing both points raised by the President of the Portuguese Republic; I am in agreement for both and did begin to make amendments but during this process, it raised a lot of questions for what these include. Therefore, my suggestion to both of you would be that we focus on completing the existing proposed agreement and getting these approved via our government bodies. This would pave the way for future developments as I believe there are questions regarding projects and training that could be more beneficial on a separate agreement under the same umbrella.

If this is something you are both in agreement for, please let me know and if possible, a timescale for when you may be able to sign the current rendition of the Trilateral Trade Agreement.

Kindest Regards,
Charlotte

Charlotte Baker | Business Secretary |

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II