STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[TURKEY] Message To The United Kingdom

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
There was a short period of time for the funds to be confirmed as transferred, and the deeds confirmed to be processed confirming the handover to the Turkish Government. Of course, still compliant with UK law. "Pleasure to be in business with you." smiled Jericho, "As someone that has never had the opportunity to visit Turkey, I wonder if you could offer some grand recommendations." he continued. "A side note, I would also like to hear your thoughts on the brewing situation surrounding Brazil, and their method of making allies at the moment?" his query was obvious sarcastic regarding the making allies, but a genuine concern nonetheless.

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018
"Honestly?" Kanat began thoughtfully. "It's the most unusual behaviour I've ever seen. Diplomats pleasuring themselves during press conferences, calling an entire country a 'turd in the South China Sea', it's all things that must be seen to be believed, that's how ridiculous it all is. Suffice to say, it's counter-productive, since it will just drive any potential friends away from Brazil. As for Turkey, I would, naturally, advise Constantinople, or Istanbul, if that's your preferred name for the city. I would also suggest the town of İçmeler, a coastal result near Marmaris and Dalaman Airport, I went there once for a holiday. The all inclusive hotels there are exquisite, since the cuisine is usually universally accepted fare, typical of your average buffet, but there's plenty of proper Turkish restaurants in the area, if one wishes to expand their culinary horizons."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Oh, unusual is putting it gently. The Brazilian Government is dangerous unpredictable, those immature comments mark a government that could prove to be a genuine threat and make harsh decisions for military involvement. It was only a few months ago when Brazilian Ships had to be forced out of British waters, and before that, we've had over five different meetings and calls which ended with them insulting us. Admittingly, It makes me anxious given their proximity to British Oversea Territories, yet they continue to have support from Argentina. Perhaps I'm over thinking, but it's something Britain especially needs to consider given the Falklands, Ascension Island and such. Nonetheless.." he paused. "We will take your recommendation on, you, of course, are more aware of the geography and best locations in Turkey that could host the embassy.. and from the sounds of it, it'll definitely offer some food options." Jericho smiled.

@Retroliser

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@Jamie
"I think Latin America knows what the result will be if they were to attempt to threaten British territory within the southern hemisphere," Kanat said thoughtfully. "Argentina attempted to seize The Falklands during a time The United Kingdom was recovering from an economy so crippled that there were piles of garbage in the streets up to six feet in height. Yet, even though The Falklands are miles upon miles away, you stood your ground and made it abundantly clear that they were not going to take those islands. Admittedly, the situation has changed with The Treaty Of Stanley. If Argentina were to engage in acts of aggression against The United Kingdom, when they have an active pact of non-aggression, I think the anger and rage of The Falklands War would return, and then some."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"It's a relief to hear you have much confidence in our resolve." he chuckled lightly. "But, as always, it's just something we do have to be mindful of. We have a constant presence in the region, more so since a Brazilian warship strayed into our waters. I'd prefer to avoid any military confrontation but the way Brazil walks around like a stray dog is a constant worry. Anyhow.." there was a slight pause, "Is there anything else on your agenda that you'd like to discuss today specifically?"

@Retroliser

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@Jamie
"Nothing springs to mind, I do believe we have covered everything. Although, do you have any ideas on who you will have dispatched to Turkey as your reciprocal ambassador? If you have someone selected, you will probably have to have them vetted by Doctor Foster's embassy staff before they are given their diplomatic authorisation, so they may be allowed entry to Turkey."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"We will be dispatching Colin White who will be the British Ambassador to Turkey. We will ensure he gets the relevant details, and vetted properly before the granting of diplomatic authorisation. There is one subject in particular, I would like to discuss. Cyprus.

Cyprus is of high value to the British Government, particularly because of it's two British Sovereign Base areas which is something we've protected, operated from and continue to work with those that live in those small areas. The conflict that surrounded the division of Cyprus has been silent since British involvement, and the UN back when it was around. This looks to be proving a good time to really focus on Cyprus to make it a haven for all sides, end the division there and make it what it ought to be. I am aware that your previous government had withdrawn from eastern Cyprus, but I would like to request your political support for a British Presence in eastern Cyprus to uphold the peace and discourage any attempts by any other parties to take control; given Britain's history with Cyprus, we'd feel it fitting but don't want you to see an increased British Forces presence in the area as a threat towards you; which it certainly isn't.

@Retroliser

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@Jamie
"As far as we're concerned, Cyprus is its own sovereign nation," Kanat replied with a shrug. "We're no longer in The 1800's, where The Ottomans owned everything from Serbia to Tunisia. The world's moved on, and Turkey's moved with it. The United Kingdom's Sovereign Base Areas at Akrotiri and Dhekelia are, in our view, purely a bilateral matter between The United Kingdom and Cyprus."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
There was a short silence, the Turkish response came as a relief. Jericho adjusting his composure in his seat and nodding. "Thank you for the confirmation, thought it'd be best to ask. Nonetheless, that is all from my side of the desk in regards to agendas. Unless you have anything more you'd like to discuss? Otherwise, you're more than welcome to take a tour of London. I do think our talk has been progressive in regards to cooperation, and I'd like to see more efforts between Britain and Turkey to ensure communication is maintained."

@Retroliser

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@Jamie
"Unfortunately, I'm afraid that I can't stay for a tour," Kanat said sorrowfully. "I must head back to Turkey. However, I am sure Doctor Foster will definitely take the time to do so while he's here."

"Oh, I know London like the back of my hand," The doctor remarked. "It's almost like a second home at this point."

"I honestly didn't know that, Doctor," Kanat remarked. "Well, at least you'll feel right at home here! Some diplomatic staff get homesick, as you would expect when having to be away from your native land for so long."

"Well, I dare say I may have turned native," Doctor Foster replied. "Making me one of the exceptions."

"Indeed. Regardless, thank you for your time, Mr. Prime Minister!" Kanat chirped, before bowing his head slightly as a farewell and heading out of the door, leaving the crew-cut physician alone with Mr. Bourne. After a moment of silence, he looked at Jericho and smiled slightly.

"You seem unfazed by me," He remarked, his accent more akin to a British northerner than a Turk. "That makes a nice change. I think you and I will get along just fine."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien