STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[TURKEY] Preliminary Preparations

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018
@NagandEmerald

Hakim Usta, a man with great power within Turkish diplomatic circles, had once again ventured forth into the lands of the German Realm. After arriving in Berlin, he immediately made a private and secure phone call through to The Federal Foreign Ministry, identifying who he was, and that he wished to consult The Foreign Minister on matters of an "international" nature that could not be discussed over the phone.

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
Immediately understanding the gravity of what was going to be discussed, Minister Karsten Jürke cleared his schedule for the next hour and had the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs direct Hakim to come to the building so that they could meet face-to-face...again, and discuss on whatever matter regarding the Iron Ring he needed to talk about.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
Happy that he could visit immediately, Hakim made his farewells and hung up before rushing to The Foreign Ministry. Upon arrival, he swiftly made his way to the privacy of Karsten Jürke's office.

"Herr Jürke," Hakim greeted with a smile. "How are you?"

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
Karsten merely waved his hand for Mr. Usta to come and sit as he greeted him.

I could be better with a cup of coffee, but otherwise, I am fine. I suppose that this has to do with the Iron Ring?" he bluntly began, his door shut by another member of the ministry.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"It is," He replied, while taking a seat without removing his coat. "How is your envoy to The Global Assembly, Mr. Braun, feeling after Germany's first forays onto the international stage?"

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"Mr. Braun is no stranger to his country being ridiculed, but after the ordeal of both involvements with him in the Global Assembly, I fear that the world is not ready for a new Germany. Mr. Braun is currently on holiday as of the moment, and I have been evaluating his 'outstanding evidence' regarding the Assembly and its...practices..."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"You mean its inability to allow opposing views?" Hakim corrected. "Nigeria threw the first stone with referencing The Holocaust and Armenian Genocide, as an opening remark, saying it was not a surprise that we, the countries well known for having blood on our hands, were engaging in what they claimed to be oppression. Then, as soon as we showed they were not saints either, they say we are bullies, liars, little men with big egos and imperialists. No one took the time to admonish them for starting the mud-slinging. Worst still, the tactic of branding people who don't agree with you as racist or imperialist is being used in what is meant to be the premier international body for dialogue and cooperation. Ironic, shutting down the exchange of views in a place meant to encourage it."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"Indeed. I feel for Braun, but at the same time, I believe that his behavior was also uncalled for. Intimidating other members of the delegation does nothing to help our case, and only makes us seem more the bully. Regardless, what is it you exactly wished to talk about?" Karsten asked, setting aside the document containing information from the GA summits.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"I have found the place we should build the complex that will house The Iron Ring's various delegations," He said, while retrieving a map of downtown Munich from his coat and placing it on the table.

Screenshot%202019-02-12%2022.51.48.png

"Now, here's Munich," He began. "I have discovered that the best place to put the building is here, on Saint-Privat-Strasse. It will mean having to evict the people from the apartments and commercial business that occupy the block, however Turkey is more than willing to pay for all costs associated with this. The building itself will be of the Baroque architectural style, and the basic layout will be like this."

The ambassador retrieved a simple sketch of the building's interior for the ground and first floors.

Ground%20Floor%20%28Munich%29.png

1st%20Floor%20Floor%20%28Munich%29.png

"It is a simple, symmetrical building," Hakim stated. "The two sides of the building will be used to create offices for each of the member's delegations. They have been shaded in grey. How they'll be divided up is for the architects and engineers to decide. The foyer heads upstairs, which leads to more offices on either side, and the secretary-general's office. As for the main reception area on the ground floor, it will lead either upstairs, to the left or right to offices, or forwards into a two-storey plenary chamber for group meetings to be held. With each member's delegation in the same building, they can meet at anytime.

However, until the building's been built, we will have to use an alternative. My suggestion is The Munich Residenz, a former palace of The Kings Of Bavaria here."

Downtown%20Munich%202.png

"It is large enough for our purposes, until our real meeting place has been constructed."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"Well, the current residents of the Munich Residenz will have to be contacted by His Majesty, and a deal discussed between the two, but if your country is willing to pay for the eviction, demolition, and building costs of this new building, I do not see why we cannot utilize the territory you have selected. However, I am not certain how happy our citizens will be with being evicted for federal affairs. If anything, I would suggest just using the Munich Residenz instead. Not only is it open to tourism, but it is still well-protected as one of His Majesty's current residences. However, it all depends on whether Munich is willing to give up that plot of land for the building."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"Well, considering the fact that The Munich Residenz is a museum, I think people would prefer evicting a block of flats, instead of repurposing a cultural landmark and closing it to the public."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"You would certainly be surprised, Mr. Usta," Minister Jürke replied coldly, "Simply demanding that people move to a new location seems rather difficult to do, especially with the influx of Ingolstadt citizens that have yet to still recuperate, despite repairs to the city completed a while ago. I would certainly say that we could find a different residence if it does not work out, but I cannot be certain that the people of Munich would want to cooperate."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"That is something that we shall have to find out when we try, but we are both agreed that The Munich Residenz, or part of it, will be used as a temporary meeting place?"

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"So long as His Majesty can get permission from the current tenants, but I believe that shouldn't be a problem."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"Very good," He remarked with a nod, while picking up all the papers he'd been using. "Which then begs the question of when do we intend to declare that this initiative exists, and our withdrawal from The Global Assembly?"

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"Well, that is a matter I will be discussing at the next bi-monthly summit of the Cabinet. I will see on what Chancellor Nahles wants me to do regarding Mr. Braun and our potential withdrawal from the Global Assembly. However, for the moment, I have issued a statement on his behalf that all diplomatic activities by the German Reich will be temporarily suspended until further notice in order to asses our spot on the world stage and, furthermore, to deal with this in a matter more befitting of a diplomat than what Mr. Braun has shown. For now, I would suggest finding another state who would potentially like to join the Iron Ring. As much as I hate to say it, China could be a decent option; so could France or the Scandinavians. Those are my suggestions on who I would approach and broach the matter to, but that is just my opinion."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"I see, well, personally, I don't believe China is a good option, due to their location. Remember, Article 2 obligates us to hear their call for help. It would be unfair to the Chinese that, due to their position on the other side of the globe, everyone would refuse to come to their aid, if they chose to, while we Europeans would be more likely to come to each other's aid. As for the French, they are far too unstable with the current unrest caused by The Yellows Vests, but the Scandinavian nations might be worth a try. Tell me, do you have any current links with the Scandinavians? I must confess that Turkey does not."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"As a matter of fact, I believe that I do have diplomatic missions open in Sweden and Norway. I could go in-person to broach the idea to them if you would like."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"Would it be possible for the pair of us to go together?" He asked. "After all, one needs unanimous consent to admit a new member, and I would like to interact with them personally."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"I don't see why not...but I will ask for you to wait until after I contact you and let you know that I am leaving to visit one or both states."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II