STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

United States | Phonecall to Brazil

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
President Gore was in the Oval Office as he went over some paperwork that congress had sent over a few hours ago. He quietly laughed to himself as he went through the documents, which were much longer than they needed to be in typical form, and either signed a few or set others aside. He was still waiting for the House to pass a spending bill to rebuild the House Chamber in the Capitol. He warned the new Speaker, George W. Bush from Texas, that if they took too long he would take his case to the American people. While he went through some other paperwork, he noted a list of all the foreign dignitaries that visited the United States for President Clinton's funeral. One of them was the Emperor of Brazil. Al stopped what he was doing, and picked up the phone on his desk.

"Get me the Emperor of Brazil, please," he said on his secure line. His secretary set up a call, using her secure line. The Brazilians would be informed that President Gore wished to speak to the Emperor if he was available.
JakeDorent

JakeDorent

The Empire of the Americas
Nov 14, 2019
Luiz I, Emperor of Brazil, sat in his office, looking over a series of documents and statistics, he'd be informed of the incoming phone call, and after making sure it was properly secure and encrypted, he would answer.

"
Good day, Mr.President, It is a pleasant surprise to receive your phone call, how are you?"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"I'm doing well, Your Majesty, thank you for asking... I wanted to call and thank you for coming to President Clinton's funeral. I wasn't able to meet with everyone who came to the United States. I noticed that you travelled with a pretty small entourage compared to other countries - I regret that we weren't able to spend some time together. We still have so much to deal with here at home, but I am always interested in making more friends for the United States. Are things going well in Brazil? Are there any interesting scientific endeavors that your government is currently undertaking?" the President asked.
JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"I understand, I'd still like to say that I'm sorry about what happened and that I send my condolences to the families of those who were lost.

On better topics, indeed, We've been working on bettering the life of the Brazilian people, and it seems that our projects have so far shown incredible success, But I can assure you that our department of Science, Technology and Innovation has been incentivizing the scientific research on Brazil's Universities, as well as sponsor public researches.

What about the United States? I believe efforts to repair the damage and reconstruct the Capitol building have already begun?
"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Yes," President Gore said. "I signed into law a bill from Congress yesterday - it authorized the rebuilding of the House Chamber, and the construction of a memorial. It gives me hope that everything so far has been bipartisan efforts... Once things here calm down, I'd like for us and the Portuguese to be able to meet in person. I think that we could have a very fruitful relationship. But anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to talk to me, Your Majesty. Let me know if Brazil ever needs anything in the meantime," he said.
JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
The Emperor nodded, sitting back on his seat and looking out the window of his office within the Imperial Palace

"
That is good to hear, I too wish to meet you in person Mr President and speak about this and more topics in the near future.

I hope the reconstruction effort goes well, and look forward to seeing the finished result. In the meantime, I bid you a good day.
"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
With that, the phone call was concluded. President Gore would hang up the phone if there was nothing else to discuss, and would go about his normal daily routines.
JakeDorent

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikhail2001