STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ARG] Call to Indonesia

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The argentine ambassador in Jakarta would privately request an audience with the indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs to discuss the current state of the bilateral relations between Argentina and Indonesia.

KangNa

KangNa

Republic of Indonesia
Jun 27, 2019
As both the Minister and Deputy Minister are currently engaged, the next-most suitable official, the Coordinating Minister of Politics and Security, General Tanjung, would return the call to the Argentine Ambassador on an encrypted line.

"Good Afternoon, this General Tanjung speaking. We received your request but I'm afraid the Minister is preoccupied at the moment. What can I do you for Ambassador?"

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
After being briefed on the identity of the new counterpart, the argentine ambassador would politely take the call on a private line.

"General Tanjung, thank you for taking my call on such short notice, we appreciate it. My name is Guillerma Cobos, Ambassador of the Argentine Republic to the Republic of Indonesia.

My intention, and that of the Government I represent, was to formally establish a line of communication between our two countries. Buenos Aires has been monitoring the progress of your Government within the international stage and we are confident that your nation is on the right track to grow and to take a consolidated position among the nations of the world.

We would like to address a variety of issues, of political and commercial nature. Do i understand that you are the appropiate official for this matter
?"

KangNa

KangNa

Republic of Indonesia
Jun 27, 2019
"Yes, Mr Ambassador, you do understand correctly.

On the behalf of my government, I am glad that you and your nation has reached out to us to pursue political and commercial ties. So please continue, what was it you had in mind?"

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Good, General. Thank you. In that case, first things first, we have received your communication regarding the trade routes and we would like to address that.

The Argentine Republic understands Indonesia's position on the matter and we fully respect your nations sovereignty over your waters. We must stress however that there are international regulations that allow for mechant vessels to transit through EEZ and territorial waters of a nation, following certain protocols of course. Aside from that, we could also re-define the route to avoid entering your sovereign waters. But, and this is the point we wanted to get to, we want to cooperate with Indonesia, and contribute to consolidating your economic growth by paying the corresponding fees. Now, since your nation controls areas of the sea that might be frequented by even more argentine merchant ships in the future, we would like to negotiate an agreement that includes multiple ships and transits, instead of the tables and fees we were informed of. Would that be possible?
"

KangNa

KangNa

Republic of Indonesia
Jun 27, 2019
"Well, on that front I would like to express my appreciation for your willingness to cooperate with us despite your reservations on this policy.
But, it is my understanding that the we have decided to suspend the implementation of the tariff for the time being. Consequently is see that there is no need to negotiate such topic currently.

Developing on the subject of commercial vessels and trade, we would like to further our trade connection with Argentina, specifically expanding on the exchange of goods. We believe our domestic produce has sufficient demands in Argentine markets to enhance economic growth. Our primary export goods include mineral fuels, animal/vegetable fats, oils & waxes, rubber & rubber articles, textiles & clothing, metals (incl. steel). Do any of these products peak your interests?" Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Ah, we were unaware of such information. Thank you for informing us. But even so, we would like to look into possible cooperation opportunities in order for Argentina to contribute to Indonesia's development and growth, with the ultimate goal for your nation to occupy a position of power among the international scene.

Regarding trade, it is certainly a good starting point. Although I'm not expert on the matter, I would understand that Argentina could open its market to indonesian primary goods to further diversify the sources of commodities for our growing industries. As such, we would be interested in indonesian oils & waxes, rubber articles and metals. In return, Argentina is looking for new markets for our grain, vehicles and soy-derivate exports.

Also, before we continue. We would like to hear directly from your Government what your foreign policy is, what your immediante and mid/long term goals are. This way we can identify new and better ways to cooperate and aid Indonesia.
"

KangNa

KangNa

Republic of Indonesia
Jun 27, 2019
"Excellent to hear. We can certainly accommodate that, and your products of grain, vehicles and soy produce are all something that consumers here in Indonesia would be happy to see. Now we just need to sort the logistical side of the exchange; what port will our shipments be destined to and on what frequency would you prefer?

As for our foreign policy, we are and will continue to actively attempt to take a neutral position globally, whilst upholding and advocating for a rules-based international order. Given our regional power status, we do not concern ourselves too much with issues beyond the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Meanwhile, our primary focus is to bolster international cooperation predominantly along economic lines. That's the broad summary of our foreign policy and I hope it answers your question, unless you wish to ask about a more specific issue?"

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Excellent! All foreign imports are currently being received and processed at the Port of Buenos Aires. I understand that motnhly shipments should be enough for this first stage. Where do you want us to direct the argentine merchant ships to unload their cargo in thailand?

And thank you for clarifying and explaining to us a little about Indonesia's foreign policy. We look forward to look into the possibilities of cooperation you mentioned. We could offer our expertise in the development of sustainable extraction and production of commodities, for example through our Institute for Agricultural Technology or the Argentine Cooperation and Development Agency. Do you have any key areas you would like to prioritize in your development plans?

Argentina's current foreign policy fully intends to support close ties with likeminded foreign Governments, both on a political as well as on a financial level. This, together with our efforts to combat persisting colonialism, are perhaps the central aspects of our foreign policy.
"

KangNa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II