STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ARG] Call to Russia

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The argentine ambassador to Russia would make a private call to the russian Minister of Foreign Affairs.

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs would pick up the call forwarding it to the Minister of Foreign Affairs."Hello, may I ask the name of who I am speaking to?"

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The argentine ambassador would introduce himself.

"Minister, my name is Gaston Mazzacane, ambassador of the Republic of Argentina in Moscow. Thank you for taking my call, I would like to discuss some matters of international impotance with you, since this would be the first formal contact between our Governments."

HeadlessSeeker

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"First of all we would like to know Russia's position on the illegal swedish claim on the whole of antarctica, since this has been a major issue not only for Argentina but for the international community. We believe that nations with historical and geographical links to Antarctica should have their positions respected.

We all even know that Russia has in the past operated in Antarctica and even showed interest in the area know as Marie Byrd Land, which now Sweden seems to be after in particular...

On other issues, Ukraine has approached us over Crimea. We wanted to know your nations position on this matter as well, since we understand this is rather, delicate...
"

HeadlessSeeker

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Furthermore, we would like to propose a broad agreement with the Russian Federation. We need a stable equipment provider, but at the same time understand that your Government might have greater concerns than dealing with foreign clients.

We would like propose you to allow Argentina to produce a variety of russian hardware in Argentina. This would not be an unlimited DPR deal, as Argentina would inform of every production of russian equipment to Russia at the moment of its start of production, take the compromise to not sell or transfer any of said products to third parties without authorization from Moscow and finally transfer 15% of the production cost of each product to directly to Russia.

This would allow for Russia to have a constant automatic flow of income, while at the same time strenghten bonds with an important ally, such as Argentina. In this regard, we also could offer political support from my nation and our own allies to historial russian claims and positions, specially in Eastern Europe.
"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"Our position on antartica is that Sweden's claims are unfounded and should be dismissed. Should they use violence to secure their claim, then they will be met with force. They are being disruptive, and their claims should be ignored.

As for this Ukraine situation, that is most troubling news. Our position was that we would return Crimea to them. However before any other buisness can occur between us, we must know the contents on what they spoke to you."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Well, our Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs contacted the ukranian ambassador in Buenos Aires for general talks, and Antarctica. The ambassador insisted in comparing Antarctica with the situation of Crimea, which for us is very different, but apparently that was their attempt to bargain for their support to the argentine position on antarctica in exchange for Argentina supporting Ukraine's claim on Crimea.

At multiple points the ambassador insisted that we politically support ukranian sovereignty over the peninsula on the Black Sea, which we politely defered as we did not knew Russia's official position.

We see it as part of Ukraine's campaign to rally international support for their causes and agenda. We could certainly comment to you if we happen to know more from them.
"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"This is most surprising. For some reason Ukraine has been acting suspicious towards Russia, and has acted defensively in most of our communications. We do not know what has brought this on. But I assure you, it is most unwarranted what they are doing. Especially considering the Crimea situation was a simple lapse in paperwork. The treaty for it was already agreed upon before 1995, but had simply yet to be implemented.

You see, our nations are family. They are Askold to our Rurik. A saying that I have come to like. We would like to work with Argentina in sending this message of unity to the world. In exchange, we will help Argentina diplomatically in our own ways. A trade if you will.

We can also give other boons if you catch my meaning."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"We tried to establish a line of communication with Ukraine, to discuss other issues such as trade and commerce, but all our attempts failed at the same point. Its just as you said, they seem always on the defensive and mistrusting.

We are very interested in making the Argentine - Russian relation one of broad cooperation on multiple issues. The current geopolitical situation of the world clearly gives us the opportunity to make a significant impact on how things work and how our nations, and our allies, could position themselves. One of those reasons is why we were proposing the licensing deal. In addition to that, and seing the amount of equipment orders your nation receives, we would also offer to produce said orders in Argentina and deliver them to the clients, while transfering 100% of the profit to Russia. Basically this would mean argentine factories and representatives receive, process and deliver the orders, Russia only having to accept the profit transfers from us and eventually give instructions on which products you do not want to sell and export.

Our intention with this is to further streghten the Argentine Armed Forces (with the first part of the Agreement), increase Russia's influence worldwide by providing russian equipment to new potential allies, and making it easier for you to receive and increase your income. If you are intersted I have a draft of the proposal here.

Regarding the other ways of cooperation, the Askold to your Rurik... We are all ears. Its time for Russia to be back.
"

HeadlessSeeker

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The following draft would privately be faxed to the russian minister.

Commercialization and Licensing Agreement
Between the
Argentine Republic and the

Russian Federation
The Russian Federation and the Argentine Republic, hereinafter mentioned as "The Parties",

Recognizing the strategic value of a broad cooperation between both countries;

Highlighting the recent cooperation in military sales;

Sharing common geopolitical and economical interests;

Interested in consolidating and expanding their economies;

Agree on the following:

1. The Parties will constitute a joint venture called RusAr, with equal participation from both Parties, to commercialize, produce and export russian military hardware to other nations and clients. RusAr will receive authorization and licensing rights to produce all russian military hardware, with the exception of those specific products indicated otherwise by the Russian Federation. The Argentine Republic will process new requests, produce the hardware and arrange its delivery once complete.
a) In order to facilitate this, Argentina will be granted productions rights and licenses for said products.
b) All russian equipment will be subject to an export cost of 20% in addition to the production cost.
c) 100% of the profit will be transfered to the Russian Federation within 72 hours of the delivery of the products.
d) The Russian Federation will receive a monthly report of the products produced and exported as well as its customers.
e) The Russian Federation will be able to increase the price of the products unilateraly or object the export of certaing oods to certain clients.
f) The Russian Federation can at all times request a client to be blacklisted.

2. The Argentine Republic will be able to produce for its own use, and with no possibility to export, donate or transfer withouth prior russian consent, the licensed russian equipment for its own use, paying 10% of the production cost directly to the Russian Federation within 72 hours of the completion of the products.

3. The Argentine Republic will create and mantain a proper commercial website and catalogue offering russian products to the public market and promote their quality and convenience to bolster russian income.

For the Argentine Republic: ___________________________________
For the Russian Federation: ___________________________________

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"I have read over what you have sent to me...."

There was a brief pause.

"I like it. My colleagues also like it. As you said, it is time for Russia to return. We have noticed some troubling things with the start of this decade. The moment the Soviet Union fell, the Americans went on decline. So to the point that Iraq challenged them openly, and for all intents and purposes seems to have stood it's ground. A decade ago, America rolled them over without issue, and yet not the tides have changed. We need a strong partner in America, and we are no longer certain America can be strong or a partner. Thus, this deal gives us something we want.

I would toast, but I have no drink and you are not here."

The document would be signed 'Andrey Kozyrev' and then faxed back.

"We have a deal. Though, it may take a few minutes to reach your side. We are an entire ocean apart afterall."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"I'm sure I speak on behalf of President Cambiasso when I say I'm delighted with this. I will inform the President of the incoming private fax and then so that he can sign immediatly.

On the more technical part, in order to boost the sales of russian equipment we had the intention of creating a new website for RusAr. We will start by publishing what we understand are the most commercially viable products, as well as the ones that will not give any foreign power an advantage over the most modern russian equipment.

Are there any special restrictions you wish for us to include?

Related to the political scenario, we are looking forward to see Moscow claim its place back among the international community, and we will be commited in assisting anyway we can. We feel that slowly but certainly the world is drifting back to a European-US centric configuration, something that culd be very dangerous for the rest of the world.
"

---------

The Document would be signed by President Adolfo Cambiasso on behalf of Argentina and with both signatures it would enter in effect.

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"Canada is to be on the black list until their fascist government falls out of power. That is the only restriction. Other then that, you are free to go ahead with the RusAr website. It shall be a pleasure doing business with you.

I believe the Iraq situation was a wake up call for the US and the participating European powers. But, Russia has a sizable lead compared to those nations, and a lead that we will not let go of."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Thank you for the clarification, we will follow your instructions. Just for the record, Argentina does mantain good communications with Canada. Should you wish in the future clarifications on them, just let us know, we will happily intercede as a middleman.

We also saw your nation's participation at the Antarctic Summit. Does Russia intend to claim the empty territory it reserved the right to do so back in the 50s?
"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"Well, if your nation believes Canada to be a good buyer then we will remove them from the blacklist. We just do not want a repeat of what happened with Iraq putting our equipment in a bad light. But, if they are in fact trustworthy on this, then go forward with those sales.

Also, we may very well. What would Argentina's stance on this be?"

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Argentina's position on the matter is firm. We do not recognize any swedish claim on Antarctica and blame the Kingdom of Sweden for the crisis. Antarctica was always a disputed territory, with claims from many nations, but there was a stability and unspoken agreement between the claimants to let the issue be. But one day Sweden claimed the entire continent for themselves, annexed it and militarized it, ignoring all other nations.

At the same time, Argentine holds on to our own claim in the Antarctic Peninsula region.

We will not sign any Document that refers to Antarctica being under swedish control or anything similar, which is our current issue with the presented draft.

Should the swedes and their client states remain intransigent on the matter, we won't be able to subscribe and commit to anything at the GA, arranging things on a bilateral level."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"Is Sweden currently undergoing military operations in Antartica? If so, I believe it is time they are pushed out of the Region. This joke of a claim has gone on long enough. We would like to join Argentina in a move to push Sweden out of Antartica and will begin to renew old equipment from previous artic and antartic expeditions to do so.

As mentioned before, the old order of things has broken down and countries are trying to rush in to fill the gaps. Sweden is taking advantage of the situation and we together will show them that they cannot. If they refuse to yeild on the subject, then the Russian Federation will ave no choice but to impose measures against them."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"We were able to force swedish forces out some areas of Antarctica, specially surrounding the Antarctic Peninsula, but as much as we know they just relocated to areas further away from Argentina, and they might have still deployments there, protected by a fragile ceasefire while discussions go on at the GA.

We are certainly interested in hearing what you would propose. We do have some supporters around the globe, but most european nations just blindly follow Sweden's say.
"

HeadlessSeeker

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"A quick question before we continue with Antarctica. We have recently launched and commisioned some major russian-origin vessels for our navy, and we are plannign to do a maiden voyage with 1 or 2 of them to make protocol visits in Europe, and some training on the way back in th Atlantic. Would you be interested in them visiting St. Petersburg for a series of cultural and protocolar activities such as an "open doors" and official dinner for your local and national authorities?"

HeadlessSeeker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II