STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ARG] Call to Russia

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
Having received urgent messages from Buenos Aires and having waited for quite few mintues now, the Minister's aide would now approach the secretary and ask politely for the Minister to see his russian counterpart urgently.

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted/Classified
Protected by SIN 1995

Suddenly Viktor Chernomyrdin the Prime Minister of Russia would enter the Lobby."Oh, you are from Argentina yes? The Minister of Foreign Affairs is a very busy man these days..." he said with a pause."Hmm, I am sure he wont mind if I have a word with you instead? Secretary, book the conference room for us." he said before gesturing for the man to follow.

The Prime Minister had a folder in his hand."It is good that I came by when I did. I've got something to discuss with you in regards to RUSAR. No doubt you ave many things you wish to discuss as well."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Yes, Mr. Prime Minister, I am from argentina, I'm actually the Minister of Foreign Affairs, and also have a rather tight schedule. Lets proceed then."

The Minister would follow the PM into the private meeting room. On settled, he would begin.

"Prime Minister, we have heard from your Governments sale of shares from multiple major russian companies. We are rather concerned that these could fall into hands of nations that might affect strategic interests, not only from Argentina, but eventually from Russia as well, and that not even considering RusAr in the equation."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Protected by SIN 1995

"We know there is a risk, and have calculated the costs and benefits. We believe that our growing soft power will be able to keep equipment out of enemy hands. So, while your concerns are noteworthy we will be needing to proceed. Otherwise, we will face a rather problematic financial situation which will put us at a far greater risk. Even a temporary situation could be dire as it would give our adversaries a gap to exploit to chip away at our sphere of influence. This will not mean the end of RUSAR, far from it. Equipment unaffected can and should still be sold. Once we acquire our 50% stake full sales will return to RUSAR."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"How much is Russia trying to raise with these sales? Or what would be the sum required to cover your expenses? The Argentine Republic would be interested in requesting an extension for the deadline to put forward bids. We are considering an alternative to acquire an important number of shares on multiple of your companies.

This way, we would offer Russia the chance to allocate those shares under control a nation, or a group of them, that can offer you more guarantees on the long term.

It is of upmost importance that those shares do not fall into the wrong hands.
"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Protected by SIN 1995

"The amount we are looking to raise is from $72,510,007,000.00 to $104,902,886,090.00 which we believe that at this stage in the world economy is far more then any one nation can afford. These prices keep in mind include our profit margin. We will be using the immediate profit to pay for our current issues, then use our still growing economy to buy the remaining 50% shares. Since we control we control who can buy the remaining 50% there is no risk for us to lose those shares. We do have to act quickly however, as by the end of the month certain payments will have to be made. Rest assured, we are screening who gets a hold of shares. For instance, we will not allow Germany a recent bidder to have shares. For the specific reason that they are a member of the Nordic council and thus cannot be trusted with said shares."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"That is indeed a hefty sum. We had the intention to partner with other up with other nations to make a solid offer for shares, but we haven't been able to find quick responses from them, and our own internal development program is demanding us a larger amount of money than initially thought. I hope you can gather the required resources and manage to mantain yur products under control, as it would not be wise to have the west gain a monopoly or control over modern military technology.

Let me use the opportunity to thank you for hosting our protocol fleet last weekend in Saint Petersburg, I hope this helps bring our people even closer.
"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Protected by SIN 1995

"It was a pleasure to have the Argentine fleet make a visit. The locals were very interested as I can recall. Though speaking of cooperation there is a matter I wish to speak with you on. That is on the matter of space. You may not know this but prior to the collapse of the Soviet Union we were gearing up for a so called second space race. Those efforts were wasted when funding dried up. So, we are recommitting to it. However, as we just discussed funding has been scarce so we are planning on making a part of our space program international. Would Argentina be interested?" Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"The Argentine Republic is currently investing in a major infrastructure development program, which totals around 30bn USD. One of the targets of this program is to further our scientific and research capacity in multiple fields, and space research adn exploration certianly is something included. We are currently establishing a network of observatories, including one at the South Pole. Do you have more details on how this joint space program would develop? Priorities, budgets, etc?

For your information, all space related activity in Argentina is run by the CONAE, our space agency, which has been around since the 60s, adn aside from having regular space launches since those days, we have also developed multiple indigenous systems and satellites.
"

HeadlessSeeker

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Furthermore, we would like to ask you about the exact status of the RusAr Agreement, with the changes, is the Agreement still in effect? We ask this since we received a small order and would like to know if we are able to fullfill it.

In case the agreement is cancelled, we would like to sign a new, specific deal to obtain maintenance license which were covered under RusAr, but are no longer. We can submit you a list including which products we require the licenses for and would be able to offer up to 3 billion USD for them. This is only to service already existing equipment.
"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Protected by SIN 1995

"RusAR Agreement is still in effect. However we may have to navigate sales a little politically until we have full control. Who is the sale too? if it is to a member within our sphere of influence then it should not be an issue what so ever. Also as compensation for this deal having transpired so fast and in the spirit of our original agreement we can offer you licenses free of charge. In this, you can make orders under our name and it will go under the radar so to speak."

"Our priorities for the space program at this point are to build up experience and perform unmanned launches for the time being. So, science satellites as well as commercial satellites will be a priority. Our longer term goal is to put a man on the moon as well as have a lunar outpost. Nothing too big like the planned moon bases of the past. This will bring much prestige."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"The order comes from the Rattanakosin Kingdom, the main client of RusAr, that already has invested several billions in russian equipment.

As for the maintenance agreement, we thank you for the gesture, this will allow our forces to remain in total operational readiness whenever required.

Regarding the space exploration project, it definitly goes in line with our new scientific priorities an agenda, and we are interested in working together with the Russian Space Agency to make it happen. Although this is a very preliminary talk about this issue, you can count on argentine itnerest and support.

Which brings me to the next issue... We are rather concerned with your current financial situation. Is there any way we can help?
"

HeadlessSeeker