STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[GA] Resolution on Addressing the Congolese Conflict and Humanitarian Aid

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Listening to each Ambassador talk, it was the Polish representatives suggestion that made the most sense and would allow the session to progress. There wasn't much to say other than Ben speaking up: "I concur with my Polish counterpart, providing there are no objections then I'd like to see a delegate from the DRC give their point of view." ManBear

He paused, before continuing to speak but this time questioned towards the Congo Ambassador, "I would also like some clarification from the Imperial State of Congo, I am under the assumption you would be happy with a GA-led investigation to review the claims of genocide? This would no doubt work favorably to you if, as you said, nothing of the like has taken place. I would also like some information behind the reasoning you've already provided, if true, then I believe a GA-led Peacekeeping operation would resolve the issue, no? Peacekeepers operating in the DRC which could oversee elections without interference and on the border between yourselves and the DRC to dismiss any conflict." Kelly the Mad

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Ambassador Holm would lean into his microphone, taking an opportunity to pass the view of Stockholm amongst the chamber. He'd sat throughout the majority of his time in the chamber darting his eyes between the now extensive transcript and the ongoing debate within the chamber, the subject-matter was one of the most internationally significant since 1999 and naturally drew a huge range of subjective opinions.

"Representatives, thank you for your comments on this matter and let me extend my thanks to the Ambassador for Thailand in presenting this extensive resolution. Documentation aside, one this is fundamentally clear: this conflict has gone on long enough. There is no obvious sign of salvation without intervention. Harm, loss and ruin is rife across Congo - that is the loss of lives, families, entire generations and their life earnings in their family homes, their businesses and workplaces. To put it frankly without intervention in some capacity there will be no population or infrastructure left to salvage. It would be a violation of our duty as diplomats to sit and watch as shells continue to dart across the dividing river. When does it stop? It is clear that nations worldwide, despite a back-seated neutral stance throughout much of this devastation have had enough, and rightly so, it is for this reason we echo the statement of the Ambassador for Poland. Something must change and historically we have seen phenomenal success as a coalition peacekeeping force. If there is one key objective of the Global Assembly it is transparency; and in that objective we must push to remove this cloak of mystery surrounding the conflict with unambiguous fact."

Motziche

Newcomer
Mar 27, 2023
Ambassador Stasch would nod in agreement with hear counterparts. With a brief pause in discussions, she spoke up and put forward Germany's position.
"Germany is a strong advocate of global peace and prosperity. Freedom, in regards of a nation's right to sovereignty and in the civil liberties and equality of its peoples, must be protected and defended in the face of adversity.

In the lessons learnt from the World Wars and throughout the Cold War, now in the 21st Century, it surprises me how quickly nations still resort to pursue a path of destruction and intolerance, inflicting suffering on the innocents of those whom had no involvement in a dispute.

No matter the motivations and objectives sought by the Imperial Congo in their hostile invasion of the Republic of the Congo, the actions taken by the Imperial Forces and the scale of devastation inflicted on the Congolese communities is unacceptable. My Congolese counterpart may defend his government's motivations that has led to this war, but no one can defend the brutality is has unleashed; the mass pain and suffering it has caused for those who just want to exercise their right to live a peaceful and joyful life.

Germany supports an immediate ceasefire between the Imperial Congo and the Republic of the Congo, and the withdrawal of Imperial forces from sovereign Republic territory. It is my hope that Kinshasa see's reason and understands the true impact the war has had. However if this is not the case, and if peace is only achievable via the intervention of a peacekeeping coalition, then we will be a proud member of the peacekeeping efforts."

With Germany's stance put forward, the Ambassador would take a sip of water, sit back and continue to listen to the developments within the chamber.

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020
Hearing that word, repeatedly, made Awolowo tick. His right leg bounced up and down, and his hand played with the engravings on the barrel of his pistol in his jacket. His eyes flicked back and forth as the various ambassadors spoke. Genocide. Genocide. Genocide. They did not know genocide. They could not know genocide. With his left hand, he grabbed the large cell phone and rushed out the door of the chamber, his right hand still in his jacket, pushing the doors open with his shoulder. He would find a bathroom and hit the fourth speed dial option.

"Chief Akinyemi? This is essential. Follow these orders, as they read..."

As he left the bathroom, he sniffed and wiped a bit of something off of his nose, leaving a faint white smudge on his sleeve. It wouldn't be noticeable. His hand stayed in his jacket the whole time as he burst back into the chamber, beads of cold sweat forming on his forehead, his eyes darting back and forth from the different representatives. He could swear they were all scowling. Every one of them. Laughing at him. It would not do. He scratched his nose, sniffed again. He rushed back to his seat before taking up his microphone.

"As the official stance of the Emperor, we are open to an investigation of the conflict, however, this may only be undertaken by African nationals with no ties to foreign governments. No foreigners are permitted within the entirety of the Congo. No peacekeeping forces will be permitted within the Congo unless consisting solely of African nationals with no ties to foreign governments. These are hard limits, the breaking of which will not be permitted."

He would turn his slightly bloodshot, dilated eyes to the Thai ambassador.

"I am also under orders to inform my Thai counterpart that the security of their volunteers in the Congo will be taken over by the Imperial Army, as they are better equipped to provide protection in this trying situation. It is requested that all Thai armaments are immediately removed from the Congo."

For a moment, Awolowo went back and forth between sitting and standing, unable to remain still, his hand consistently in his pocket. Using his other hand he slicked down his mustache repeatedly, fiddled with papers on his desk, and flipped the block cell phone over and back repeatedly, torn. His heart felt like it was beating out of his chest, faster than he knew it could. He hoped no one could notice.

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
As the Congolese ambassador passionately presented his nation's stance, the NIA agent, sitting beside the Thai ambassador, covertly observed Awolowo's every move. The agent was trained to perceive even the most subtle signs of unease or anxiety, and the Congolese ambassador's behavior had not gone unnoticed. The NIA agent exchanged a brief, knowing glance with the Thai ambassador, who gave a slight nod of approval.

As the assembly continued to engage in discussions, the NIA agent made his way out of the chamber under the pretense of a restroom break. In reality, he was initiating a discreet, professional surveillance operation on the Congolese ambassador. His primary objective was to gather further intelligence that might provide valuable insight into the intentions and actions of the Imperial Congo.

The NIA agent, blending seamlessly with the bustling crowd of diplomats and assistants, maintained a safe distance from Awolowo as he navigated the corridors of the assembly building. The agent was careful not to draw attention to himself, utilizing his years of expertise in clandestine operations to remain inconspicuous.

Throughout the surveillance, the NIA agent took mental notes of Awolowo's interactions, his mannerisms, and any other pertinent details that could potentially be of use to the Thai delegation and their allies. The agent's keen senses were attuned to even the slightest deviation from normal behavior, enabling him to piece together a clearer understanding of the Congolese ambassador's mindset and intentions.

As the session resumed and Awolowo returned to the chamber, the NIA agent discreetly slipped back into his seat beside the Thai ambassador. With a subtle inclination of his head, he conveyed that he had successfully completed his task and was ready to report his findings at the earliest opportunity.

The NIA agent's expertise and unwavering dedication to his mission had provided the Thai delegation with crucial information, which would undoubtedly play a significant role in shaping the ongoing negotiations and efforts to resolve the Congolese conflict.

======================​

The Thai ambassador, Suttipong Chindawongse, once again rose from his seat, his bearing exuding an air of quiet determination. He had listened intently to the impassioned declarations and well-reasoned arguments presented by his fellow ambassadors, and he now felt well-equipped to respond in kind. As he prepared to address the assembly, he took a moment to glance at the NIA agent seated beside him, grateful for the additional intelligence that had been discreetly gathered.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the chamber, esteemed colleagues," he began, his voice steady and clear, "I am truly heartened by the united front we are presenting today. As representatives of our respective nations, it is our duty to ensure that the voiceless and the suffering are not ignored. I wish to express my profound gratitude to the ambassadors from Poland, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Sweden, whose invaluable contributions to this discussion have underscored the urgency and gravity of the situation in Congo."

He paused, allowing his words to sink in, before continuing, "I wholeheartedly concur with the Polish ambassador's proposal to seek direct testimony from the people of the Republic of the Congo. It is only through their firsthand accounts that we can truly grasp the harrowing realities on the ground and make informed decisions in our pursuit of peace."

The Thai ambassador then turned his attention to the British representative's remarks, nodding in agreement. "The importance of transparency and impartiality in this matter cannot be overstated. A Global Assembly-led investigation would not only be instrumental in ascertaining the truth but would also demonstrate our unwavering commitment to the principles of justice and human rights."

Addressing the German and Swedish ambassadors' calls for an immediate ceasefire and potential peacekeeping intervention, Suttipong stated, "The support and dedication of Germany and Sweden to the cause of global peace is truly commendable. Your willingness to stand with the people of the Congo is a testament to the strength of our shared values. The possibility of a multinational peacekeeping force is one that must be seriously considered in the face of continued conflict and devastation."

As the Thai ambassador concluded his eloquent response, he was acutely aware that the weight of the situation hung heavily on the collective shoulders of the assembly. The future of the Congolese people, as well as the stability of the entire region, was at stake. It was now more important than ever for the gathered diplomats to find common ground and work together to bring about a lasting resolution to the crisis.

"The path before us is fraught with challenges," Suttipong acknowledged, "but I am confident that, united in purpose, we can overcome these obstacles and secure a brighter future for the Congolese people. Let us seize this moment to make a lasting impact and demonstrate the power of diplomacy and compassion in the face of adversity."

With that, the Thai ambassador returned to his seat, his words resonating throughout the chamber. The stage was now set for a truly collaborative effort, one that would require the unwavering commitment and determination of all parties involved to bring about the much-needed change for the people of the Congo.

======================​

The Thai ambassador, Suttipong Chindawongse, once again rose to address the Global Assembly, his countenance a testament to the gravity of the situation at hand. He was acutely aware that the delicate balance of peace in the Congo hinged upon the ability of the gathered diplomats to find common ground and work together in pursuit of justice and the alleviation of human suffering.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the chamber, esteemed colleagues," he began, his voice imbued with a sense of urgency that reflected the dire circumstances faced by the Congolese people, "it is incumbent upon us to act with the utmost diligence and determination in addressing the harrowing situation in the Congo. In light of the Congolese ambassador's request for a GA-led investigation, I believe it is crucial that we move forward in a manner that respects the sovereignty of the involved nations while upholding the principles of transparency, impartiality, and the protection of human rights."

Suttipong continued, his words carefully chosen to convey the delicate nature of the diplomatic process, "In order to foster an atmosphere of trust and cooperation, it is essential that the Global Assembly take into account the concerns of all parties involved. To that end, I propose the establishment of a joint investigative commission, comprised of representatives from the Global Assembly, the Congolese parties, and impartial African nations. This commission would be tasked with conducting a thorough and transparent investigation into the ongoing conflict and allegations of genocide, with the ultimate goal of facilitating a peaceful resolution and ensuring that those responsible for human rights violations are held accountable."

As the Thai ambassador spoke, his eloquence and conviction were evident in the rapt attention of his fellow diplomats. The weight of the situation hung heavily on the collective shoulders of the assembly, the knowledge that the future of the Congolese people and the stability of the entire region rested in their hands.

"Furthermore," Suttipong added, "I call upon the Global Assembly to establish a framework for humanitarian assistance, working in close coordination with the relevant Congolese authorities and international aid organizations. It is our responsibility to ensure that the needs of the affected populations are met with compassion and efficiency, alleviating their suffering and providing hope for a better future."

The Thai ambassador concluded his remarks, his voice unwavering as he emphasized the necessity of unity in the face of adversity. "It is my belief that, through collaboration and a steadfast commitment to the principles that bind us together, we can navigate the challenges ahead and bring about a sense of lasting peace in the Congo. Let us not waver in our pursuit of justice, nor falter in our efforts to uphold the dignity and rights of all those affected by this tragic conflict. Together, we can make a difference."

With that, Suttipong Chindawongse returned to his seat, his words still echoing throughout the chamber. The stage was set for the Global Assembly to take decisive action, their collective determination a beacon of hope in the face of the darkness that had befallen the Congo. It was now up to them to seize this opportunity and work tirelessly to ensure that the cries of the Congolese people did not go unheard

Kelly the Mad Jamie ManBear HeadlessSeeker Connor Odinson Motziche

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
It was time for the Polish Ambassador to queue his microphone and stand to address the committee before him. He took a second to look around the room at each of the assembled ambassadors before him. With a stapled stack of papers placed delicately on his podium, the Ambassador would refer to it several times.

"Honorable Congolese Ambassador, while I commend your government for allowing a peacekeeping force and investigators into the Republic of the Congo and the Empire of the Congo. However, I see one point of contention with the rules your government has stipulated. Of the member nations of the Global Assembly, there is only one here that resides on the African Continent. Poland feels it would not be in the best of the civilians affected by this conflict to rely on nations who could not have bothered to arrive to such an important meeting, no offence intended towards those that did not arrive. We propose we comprise the investigators and peacekeeping forces from those of us who have chosen to be here. According to Article 3 section 2 of the Resolution on Peacekeeping we are not required to have permission from one of the conflicting states, just a seventy percent vote in favor of the peacekeeping action of voting members. That means six of the eight present members must vote in favor of Peacekeeping actions. Despite this clause, we feel it would be better for the safety of civilians and the Peacekeepers to have permission from one, or both, of the conflicting parties to have Peacekeepers stationed within the conflicting state. To put it in layman's terms, while it is better to have Imperial Congo's support in this action, we are not required to have it. And any attempt to stop Peacekeepers from doing their job through violence can be met with lethal action, Article 7 section 1-C."

The Polish Ambassador paused for a second to let the words sink into the assembled delegate before continuing.

"I feel I must follow the honorable Thai Ambassador's words with a few of our own. Some of you may have forgotten that not some sixty odd years ago, Poland was subjected to systemic violence and its own genocide perpetrated by Nazi's and then the Soviets afterwards. There are Poles still alive today who have nightmares of what has happened to their families during those dark times. Several members of the current Royal Cabinet were present during the dark years of the Soviet's rule. Millions of Poles dead by the hands of those who felt themselves superior. Those that felt that Poles, Jews, and Catholics had no business living in their world. While we are aware of the human rights violations of the government of the Republic of the Congo, the Empire of the Congo also has a history of those same violations in their history. Nearly every member nation here has a history of committing these heinous crimes in the past, as pointed out earlier by the Honorable Congolese Ambassador in regards to the Honorable Thai Ambassador. That is why myself, and Poland, are so vehemently in favor of the Peacekeeping Operations. To stop these systemic and heinous acts from continuing to occur. If you yourselves had an opportunity to stop the ethnic cleansing of the Native Americans," he looked at the American Ambassador, "the Kenyan Massacres and The Troubles in Northern Ireland," he looked at the British Ambassador, "The compulsory sterilization within Sweden," he looked at the Swedish Ambassador, "The many bombings against civilians done by the Provisional IRA and the Republican Army," he looked at the Irish Ambassador, "The Killing Fields," he looked at the Thai Ambassador, "The crimes against humanity committed by past regimes within the Republic and the former Democratic Republic of the Congo," he looked at the Congolese Ambassador, "Would you not move to stop it even if it meant going into a country without permission from either state? Our job here today is not to appease a government who has been accused of war crimes but to insure the safety, security, and health of the citizens of the world. If wars are to be fought, they should be fought between soldiers and armies. Not fought between civilians and armies. Not only is it wrong, it is dishonorable. And I consider each one of you present today men and women with honor."

Bossza007 Kelly the Mad Jamie HeadlessSeeker Connor Odinson Motziche

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Ambassador Dean O'Dwyer after the brief conversation with his British counter part had returned to his seat. The position of waiting and seeing what the rest of the GA wanted in his mind.

"We agree with the position of Poland. Of the assembled nations the only one present from Africa at this time is the Imperial State of Congo. We would not be able to investigate if we followed the requests for only African nations to be involved. I am sure however that it can be seen that it is possible for the nations present to be neutral in their investigation. However I would like to question why the request for only African nations to be involved was made?

Given the situation that has been presented the Republic of Ireland supports a investigation. But, we would like for any investigation to be supported and protected by a security team that has been approved by the GA. The Republic of Ireland is more then willing to submit for review a unit of our Army Ranger Wing to provide security for an investigation.

Furthermore, the situation at Kinkenge refugee camp. We woulld like to see security for the camp be provided at least partially by a third party. The insistence on it being provided by the Imperial State of Congo seems almost to be in retaliation. Could my colleague from the Imperial State of Congo clarify the reasoning for this?"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
After a considerable silence in the chamber and in the interests of progressing, Ben spoke up again: "Perhaps a 15-minute recess is in order? On our return, we could see whether we're able to get a member of the Republic of Congo on a video call to explain the situation as they see it and hopefully serve as a step forward. From there, we can continue conversation and I would still be eager to hear a response from the Imperial State based on what has been asked by my Polish and Irish counterparts. If we're all in agreement, we'll continue in 15 minutes with, ideally an opening statement from a delegate of the ROC."

Providing no objections or other comments, Ben would depart for his 15-minute and use that time to try to arrange for a member of the ROC Government to attend, either an ambassador in person or a government official over video call (ManBear ).

If any objections, he'd still remain present but push for a member of the ROC to attend to make a statement regardless.

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Andrej Towpik nodded his head at the suggestion of the British Ambassador. "Poland agrees that a fifteen minute recess is in order to allow for a delegate of the Republic of the Congo to voice their opinions of the invasion. If Poland can be of any help, do not hesitate to ask, sir." Providing there were no objections from the Imperial Ambassador, or any other Ambassador present, Andrej would pack his belongings back into the briefcase and depart the room to grab a coffee while he awaited news on the success of the British endeavor. He had definitely stayed up too late the previous night researching anything that could help the case of getting Peacekeepers into the Congo.

Within the Republic of the Congo, far from the front lines of combat a group of government officials evacuated sat huddled around a small computer that was feeding them facts regarding the invasion of their own country. White news stations claimed to be experts on the destruction and violence that now occupied their home. All they wanted was to set the record straight and protect their families. They did not trust the Imperial Forces nor did they trust the westerners trying to 'protect' them.

Bossza007 Kelly the Mad Connor HeadlessSeeker Odinson Motziche Jamie

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
The sounds of explosions echoed off in the distance as the trio of government officials who had been evacuated days earlier from the decimated ruins of Brazzaville. They were only a few dozen miles from the outskirts of the city and yet they could still hear the earth shattering explosions of the invasion as if they were firecrackers. The sun was past its apex point and was approaching the end of its life cycle for the day when the familiar ringing from the computer that sat between them began sounding. The temporary satellite internet had been set up after a call had been placed to the Congolese Ambassador in a foreign country who had then utilized a satellite phone to contact his superiors who then utilizing military runners to round up the three men who sat around the computer. After clicking the green accept button the pixelated webcam would show three men in varying states of being disheveled. One wore an arm in a sling, shirt stained with blood. One wore a thick, once white, red bandage over half his face. The third had his arms completely bandaged up. While they were government officials, they were chosen for this meeting due to their injuries.

"Hello Ambassador from Britain. I wish we could meet under better circumstances but my colleague you contacted said you wanted us to talk about what's going on in our country to the Global Assembly?"

The man that talked was the one wearing a sling.

"I'm sorry about our state but we have only just been evacuated from Brazzaville a few days ago. Luckily we were home with our families and not at the Congressional Building."

Jamie Bossza007 Kelly the Mad Odinson HeadlessSeeker Connor Motziche

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Eager to progress the Global Assemblys' efforts to support the Republic of Congo, Ben responded promptly despite the rumblings in the background of the video call. "I appreciate your time is precious right now and I won't waste time. A session is taking place within the Global Assembly with the proposal of a Peacekeeping mission to prevent any further loss of life or displacement. With your permission, I'd like to direct you straight into the Assembly to tell us the situation as you see it. We have heard from the Imperial State of Congo, and believe it only fair that the rest of the world hears it from yourselves."

He stopped, if they approved, Ben would hastily make his way back to the Global Assembly despite been a few minutes later and connect his laptop to the main screen which would grant visibility to all those involved, allowing the ROC representatives to take the floor. If, in the unfortunate situation where the ROC were unable to for any reason, Ben would contently offer his condolences before offering his farewell to return to the chamber following the end of recess.

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
The disheveled Congolese officials would give their approval to the British Ambassador and would mute their microphone to talk amongst themselves as they awaited the first set of questions from the white foreigners who were deciding their fate. They would shake their heads at the sight of the Assembly, looking quite empty save for the few they deemed the Resolution they were discussing to be important. Only one African nation had appeared and it was their own hated enemy. They could also see the German Flag, Swedish, Polish, Irish, Thai, and Americans sitting in the mostly empty chamber. They could surmise that the Imperial diplomat was attempting to thwart the Resolution and the Thai was assisting them due to their friendly relations with them. The Poles too. That left the German, Swedish, Irish, Americans, and Brits attempting to push the Resolution through to be passed.

The microphone unmuted, "Hello members of the Global Assembly. Thank you for contacting us to get a detailed account of the situation within the Republic of the Congo. Though we must say that we are disheartened at the lack of members present currently within the Assembly. Let me begin by saying that this attack on the Republic is groundless and aggressive. Imperial Forces fired into the city of Brazzaville in the middle of the night with rockets and bombs setting much of the city ablaze. Indiscriminately firing into civilian, governmental, and industrial sections of the city. The streets of our capital are lined with the burned bodies of our brothers, sisters, cousins, sons, daughters, mothers, and fathers. Civilians who were sleeping peacefully when rockets and artillery shells destroyed their houses and their lives. I'm sure most of you have seen the news stories coming from Brazzaville on that fated night. They fired the first shots and Republican Forces merely returned fire, targeting government buildings. If you were to survey the damage caused by Republican Forces you will see that our artillery targeted military and government buildings. Several of your own Embassies were struck by this indiscriminate fire if the reports are correct. But that is just Brazzaville."

The Second man, with a bandage over his face, began speaking.

"Pointe-Noire, the second largest city within the Republic is gone. Not bombed. Not shelled. Obliterated. Gone. Deleted from existence. This is due to a bombing run made by Imperial Forces after an Imperial Ship was sank. If the reports of ground forces are to be believed. They were attempted to contact an Imperial shore party when the Imperial ships began a bombardment that probably killed their own shore party. Its not hard to believe that they would sink their own ship to give them reason to bombard the city after what happened in Brazzaville. Right now our soldiers and civilians are mounting a futile resistance in the city of Brazzaville. They know they will die but they do not fear death for they are committed to making Imperial Forces pay for every step they take. If this resolution does not pass, I fear our citizens will take a page out of the page book of the Jihadis."

The third man, whos arms were heavily bandaged began speaking.

"We, ourselves, barely made it out of Brazzaville alive. Luckily we were able to be rescued by the military before the Congolese ground invasion began." The man's pain was evident on his face as he removed the bandages from his arms revealing burns raging from second degree to fourth degree. Some parts of the man's arm showed yellow bone underneath of the blackened and burned skin and muscle tissue. Tears could be seen forming in the man's eyes as he placed the bandage back over his arms.

"Our medical supplies are low due to the massive amounts of wounded and the number of hospitals destroyed in the initial bombardment. Without anti-biotics I will probably not survive the week. My compatriot here lost his eye to shrapnel while the our other colleague received a broken arm from his house collapsing on him and his family. His family did not make it. They were in the northern part of the city which is primarily residential. He was trapped for some time before he was rescued by his neighbors."

The first man would speak again.

"What are your questions about this genocide?"

Jamie HeadlessSeeker Kelly the Mad Bossza007 Motziche Odinson Connor

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Suttipong Chindawongse, the ambassador from Thailand, had been listening intently. His heart ached as he heard the horrific accounts from the Republic of Congo, his dark eyes heavy with sorrow. The disturbing images the words painted lingered in his mind - Brazzaville in flames, the obliteration of Pointe-Noire, the futile resistance of their citizens. Despite the grim stories, he also recognized the resilience that lived within these people who refused to surrender despite the odds.He bowed his head briefly, acknowledging the pain and suffering that the officials from the Republic of Congo had endured. Gathering his thoughts, he looked at the officials on the screen. This was a defining moment, and he was determined to do justice to it.

He rose to his feet, his expression resolute, his demeanor composed yet radiating an intense determination. The room fell silent, all eyes turned to him, drawn in by his commanding presence. Honorable representatives of the Republic of Congo, the details of the atrocities you just relayed to us are chilling. I, on behalf of the people of Thailand, extend our deepest condolences to your people and wish you strength in these tumultuous times," Suttipong began, his voice firm and compassionate.

His gaze turned towards the gathered ambassadors, and he continued, "I am addressing the assembly today not merely as an ambassador but also as a witness to history in the making, and it is crucial that we all acknowledge the gravity of the situation.""Thailand has not turned a blind eye to the situation in Congo. We have been closely monitoring the unfolding crisis, collecting every bit of information we could, hoping to come to a better understanding of the situation and determine how we can be of help."

Suttipong gestured to an aide who handed him a folder. He opened it, revealing a myriad of documents – reports, photographs, and even testimonials."We have gathered compelling evidence of the atrocities being committed. This folder contains not just facts and figures but stories of individuals whose lives have been irrevocably disrupted. Children who have lost their homes, their families, their innocence... We must remember, this isn't just a matter of political discourse or a matter of 'them' - it's a matter of 'us', of humanity."

His gaze was intense, his voice unwavering. "The situation at hand is not merely a conflict, it's an affront to human dignity. It is genocide. And it is our responsibility as the Global Assembly to put a halt to this."Suttipong paused, a moment of silence hanging heavily in the air. Then, he resumed, "I propose a resolution that aims not just to investigate the conflict, but also to provide immediate humanitarian aid to the people affected. I understand that our actions need to be measured and careful to prevent further escalation. We must tread carefully, but we must not delay. Time is of the essence."

"Thailand is willing to contribute in every way possible. We propose setting up a joint international task force to facilitate swift action, starting with addressing the dire humanitarian crisis and working towards conflict resolution."As Suttipong sat down, a profound silence filled the room. His words had been powerful, delivering a strong message. It was a plea for unity, a plea for action, a plea for humanity. The ball was now in the court of the Global Assembly. Would they rise to the occasion, or would they falter?

Jamie HeadlessSeeker Kelly the Mad ManBear Motziche Odinson Connor

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Ben remained quiet, but it seemed so did the rest of the chamber as the discussions entered another stalemate. He spoke up: "I actually have a question aimed at the Imperial State." he started, turning to face the seating area for the Imperial State of Congo "Given the situation, what would need to happen for you to cease hostilities? In your mind, what would justify your invasion coming to an end? I'll be honest, based on these discussions you don't seem to have any allies to support you; or if you do, they've not cared enough to attend. If the resolution went ahead you would have GA Peacekeepers on your border with or without your approval and to attack them, would only escalate the war and put you against a much larger opposition. Millions displaced, injured or killed, is enough, no? What can the GA do to end it if not enforcing it through Peacekeeping?" The British Ambassador fell silent again, it wasn't his most formal speech and it was certainly short but the emphasis was on a solution. The importance is ending the conflict, putting Peacekeepers in the fire isn't the ideal situation so preventing that would save lives even more so.

Kelly the Mad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien