STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Cloudy Skies

Newcomer
Jan 19, 2021
Hi! I'm Cloudy Skies, been occasionally popping in unregistered to check this forum out but have some questions, mainly about if catching up to players who have been going since day 1 is possible. I'm really interested in playing a country with a big naval presence to participate in more global affairs/trade and hold my own, but I worry that I won't be a 'world power' since I'm joining up so late! As I have a job that requires a good deal of my time I don't mind long waits at all for something as slow paced as text roleplay, I just worry that I might always be behind! Is there a good nation that might be able to participate on a global scale more easily? I love political research so I will happily research whatever country I end up deciding on.

Thank you much! :D

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
Hi Cloudy! Welcome to MN! Forget about that "joining late" thing, MN is quite dynamic and if you do things right, you can growth as much as you want!

Cloudy Skies

Newcomer
Jan 19, 2021
Thank you! I don't have a discord but I can make one if it's really required! I was considering France, Japan, or Mexico! Maybe the DRC or something African? I'll still wait for recommendations though! :)

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
Welcome to Modern Nations, Cloudy Skies

Fortunately as Naio put it, we are fairly Dynamic which means you can achieve great things regardless of your time here. Take South Korea for example:
They've achieved World Power status, but the individual roleplaying them (Jay) is fairly new to our Forums, only registering in November.

:) I would recommend France or Japan, out of the options you was considering. These would provide more diplomatic roleplay, than a smaller countries.

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hello Cloudy Skies,

Welcome to Modern Nations as many others have already said. As I've been mentioned, It would be rude not to respond! I think I can speak for many that we're all glad to have you here and hopefully you will fit in and get rolling quickly. Also having joined recently for MN, if you would accept my meager advise, I would say pick a country you are comfortable with. Because, you can craft, mold, and change it to your likings, instead of picking a country you think will make you strong and powerful. Many countries who are not currently world powers have excelled in a plethora of areas that I couldn't have imagined myself doing, in the arts and sciences Ukraine has a large collection of museums and artifacts & Argentina has been developing a large network of scientific endeavors in the antarctic. I've found that sometimes chasing something only leads you further away from what you could achieve otherwise. I also advise you to read some of the great works of art players such as Connor, Odinson, Naio, Bruno, Jamie and many others have written as they constantly make me go wow and want to work harder.

Whenever you join, it is not an important factor. It is what you do with the time you have after you join. I hope you become a great contribution to the community, and that we can learn together as we get a better understanding of this forum together. Whatever you choose, I wish you the best of success and I hope we can both in the RP but out of it help each other to succeed! A wise person profits by his mistakes, s is a proverb I regularly use, so, I hope you will also help me a lot in learning!

If you still have any questions, please feel free to reach out via discord or through the forum conversations, whatever you feel comfortable with. I would be more than happy to see if I can offer any assistance in your thought process for choosing a country, however, there are much better and smarter people here than me, and I know they are all willing to help you too!

Hwaiting!
Jay

Cloudy Skies

Newcomer
Jan 19, 2021
Thank you all! That comment about South Korea puts me at ease and I am excited to catch up on this alternative world's events! While at work I thought about possibilities and came upon Indonesia as a possibility! I will continue to catch up and read through guides, but I think I have narrowed my hopes to Indonesia and France, depending on how my positioning might effect global diplomacy! Is there a large treaty organization in play? I have noticed the Global Assembly and currently see it as a United Nations equivalent!

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Since we are unable to utilise aspects of the United Nations due to copyright issues, we have opted to create the Global Assembly to act as the primary international organisation and basically our version of the UN.

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
Cloudy Skies ,

Besides the Global Assembly, we have no other large treaty organisation. There is the Nordic Council, managed by Sweden but they only have three members. You're welcome to create your own, once you register.
Before you choose France or Indonesia, please consider which of the two serve your interests. Pick the one that you're happiest with, as you tend not to regret your decision and transfer.

I recommend you join us on Discord, as the Community can help more immediately than we can on the forums. It's a good opportunity for you to meet everyone!

Cloudy Skies

Newcomer
Jan 19, 2021
I understand, and wasn't aware of those restrictions! I've done some research and have mostly decided on Indonesia, but I will create a discord account and join you all there to ask any more questions and meet you all! Thank you! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren