STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[KE]: Message to DESA

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
150px-Emblem_of_the_Prime_Minister_of_the_Republic_of_Korea.svg.png

Security: Official - Sensitive. Encrypted communications, encrypted documents.

To: Defence Equipment Sales Authority Jamie
Sender: Yoon Kwang-ung, Minister of National Defence of the Korean Empire
Subject: Equipment Purchase

To whom it may concern,

The Korean Empire has recently gone through some changes, and specifically the Imperial Navy has went through changes. As a result of said changes, we have decided to scrap the SU-33 aircraft that we had in our stock as we had no equipment to launch them from. We have however decided that the Imperial Navy does need a capable combat aircraft that can operate from the flight decks of our Dokdo-class. Which is why we have decided to contact you, the United Kingdom owns and operates the British Aerospace Harrier II GR.9A. We would be very much interested in placing a purchase order for these aircraft if it something you are willing to sell.

Kindest Regards,
Yoon Kwang-ung
Minister of National Defence
Korean Empire

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
Security Classification:
SECRET

To: Yoon Kwang-ung John
Cc:
Subject: Re: Equipment Purchase

Dear Minister Yoon Kwang-ung,

I hope you are well.

I have been forwarded your email from the Ministry of Defence regarding your interest in purchasing the Harrier II GR.9A. This specific variant is in operation with the Royal Navy so export may be difficult but we would like to work with you to offer another variant to meet your exact requirements. However, we would also like to use it as an opportunity to build relations between the UK and Korea further if this is something you would support.

We provided assistance during the unification of Korea and communications between us drifted apart but it's something we'd like to see develop consistently going forward. Therefore, I'd like to start by inviting you to a conference call with one of our Defence Ministers and the UK Ambassador to Korea at your earliest convenience.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kindest Regards,
Emma

Emma Ryan | Foreign Affairs Secretary |

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
150px-Emblem_of_the_Prime_Minister_of_the_Republic_of_Korea.svg.png

Security: Official - Sensitive. Encrypted communications, encrypted documents.

To: Emma Ryan, Foreign Affairs Secretary of the United Kingdom Jamie
Sender: Yoon Kwang-ung, Minister of National Defence of the Korean Empire
Subject: Equipment Purchase & Relations

Dear Secretary Ryan,

I hope this email finds you well. Thank you for reaching out to us regarding our recent interest in purchasing the Harrier II GR.9A. We appreciate that this particular variant is currently in operation with the Royal Navy, making export challenging. However, we are more than willing to collaborate with you to explore alternative variants that align with our specific requirements.

Moreover, we are genuinely excited about the opportunity to strengthen the existing relations between the United Kingdom and Korea. We acknowledge that our communication might have drifted apart in the past, but we are committed to consistently developing and nurturing this bond moving forward.

In light of this, I am pleased to accept the invitation from you for a conference call. This call will provide an excellent platform for us to discuss the potential variants suitable for our needs, as well as explore avenues for further cooperation. Kindly let us know your earliest convenience, and we will arrange the conference call accordingly.

I look forward to our continued correspondence and the opportunity to work together.

Kindest Regards,
Yoon Kwang-ung
Minister of National Defence
Korean Empire

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

Having allocated a slot within her schedule, Emma Ryan took to her private quarters and took a seat at her desk. Facing her laptop, a glass of water beside her and adjusting her position to be comfortable; she was eventually ready. Opening the laptop screen for note-taking, her hand reaching for the phone as she dialed the conference number after advising the Korean Minister of her availability. John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Yoon Kwang-ung would be sat in his private office, on the other side of his desk would be Yoon Young-kwan, the Minister for Foreign Affairs. As the call came in, he would pick up the phone. "Secretary Ryan, thank you for setting up this call. I would just like you to know that I also have Minister Young-kwan here, the Minister for Foreign Affairs" Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

"It's a pleasure to speak to you both" responded Emma, "How are you doing?" she asked, hoping to get the pleasantries sorted promptly. Only once they had responded, would she continue. "I thought a conference call would be best suited following the email exchange you've had with our equipment sales authority. Defence sales are always a key topic but the way they go often depend on the relations between two parties, in this case, the UK and Korea. I'd like to see this as an opportunity to really focus on building those relations and discovering how we can work together in current events and prepare for future ones.

I'll begin by giving a bit of an insight into our current policies. Since the last election, our government is focusing on how we can respond to situations quicker and with more resource then before. We're opting to avoid getting ourselves dragged into conflict but we want to be in a position to respond to any conflict if it was deemed necessary. Currently, we have assets deployed across the world and that number is only going to rise over the next few years. We're seeing the introduction of new technologies to support our armed forces but we have and will always prioritize diplomacy over military action. I suppose, really, that's how the UK is seen internationally, or at least I would hope so."

John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Both men responded in turn, their answers were a similar response of pleasantries and saying they are good, an in turn asking how the Secretary is doing. Yoon Kwang-ung would take the lead on the conversation "Yes I understand, of course we understand that you would appreciate better relations before selling equipment.

I would like to respond with our own policies. The Korean Empire is seeking to involve itself on the world stage. Previous both the former nations of South and North Korea had kept to a sort of isolationist status, but now, as we are united, we seek to be on the forefront of upholding peace and prosperity in the world. Which is why we have already requested to send a humanitarian mission to the current conflict between Canada and France"

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

"That's fantastic to hear, isolationism was quite expected given the amount of work having gone into the unification efforts, how is everything progressing on that front? It's been some time since our communications with Korea had taken place and the last I recall, was the previous government supporting unification efforts back in ... '96? Deploying the Royal Air Force to deliver supplies due to the humanitarian crisis that followed. Given your intent to be more involved on the international stage, I presume all continues to go well?" she asked optimistically "What's your position on the Canada and France situation, might I ask? Between us... of course." John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Yes, all continues to go well. We gave began project that will deliver electricity to all the northern areas that previously didn't have access to it. And we are developing a railway system go move goods between the north and south, which will provide a capitalist consumer system within the North."

He paused whilst she asked her second question.

"We are yet to make an official statement on the conflict, however we are in communication with both nations. Instead of offering to broker peace, like we know most nations will be, we have offered the use of one of our naval vessels to act as a neutral hospital vessel to treat and ferry the injured and sick to neutral zones around the Caribbean.

What are your thoughts on the conflict?"

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

"I'm glad everything is heading in the right direction, as always, if there's anything we can do to help, please do let me know." she nodded "Like yourselves, we're retaining our neutrality. There's an element of concern given our oversea territories but we're making the appropriate security arrangements as a precaution and if the conflict hit mainland Europe, we'd have no choice but to respond directly. Until then, we're keeping out of it as much as possible and would support mediation between the two countries. It feels like the Canadian aggression is very much out of emotion rather than sense, but that makes them a growing danger to others. If they're willing to risk lives after losing some of their own... it makes you wonder. I think a lot will change in the coming months but I'm personally quite eager to see what happens afterwards - if Canada retain hold of the French territories, then I'd argue it was simply a land-grab... but we'll see." she shrugged, ending her personal opinion on the matter.

"I'm sure Humanitarian Assistance will always be welcome, I am aware the US are currently intervening as to ensure no other parties get involved militarily. Have they been in support of you deploying a ship to support those injured?" John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I agree with your premise that Canada is acting out of emotion. And for it to happen this far along after the attack does indicate to me that it is a land grab, however, I believe it is absolutely imperative for all nations not involved in the conflict to be completely impartial until we know all of the facts - which I assume will all come out at the eventual GA meeting to resolve this conflict." He paused for a moment, before answering her question. "Yes we are in contact with the United States and they have approved our sending of a humanitarian ship into the area. Obviously, as you'll be aware, since it involves information on our military operations, I can't reveal too much at this time." Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

"Agreed, and entirely understandable. Time will tell, all we can do is hope for a peaceful resolution. Anyway.. I recall your original email seeking to purchase defence equipment too, specifically the Harrier. It's the main operational aircraft within the navy so that specific variant may not be an option but we're open to negotiating other varients or something a bit bespoke to yourselves. What do you have in mind in terms of numbers and capabilities? .. Forgive me, I also don't know anything about the Dokdo-class you mentioned but I presume it's deck would be able to withstand the heat of the Harriers nozzles too?" John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Regarding the Harrier aircraft, we understand that the specific variant may not be available, but we are open to discussing other variants or even customizing a solution to fit our needs. As for the Dokdo-class, rest assured that its deck is designed to withstand the heat generated by Harrier nozzles. However, in order to ensure compatibility and safety, we would need more detailed specifications on the Harrier aircraft, particularly in terms of VTOL take off capabilities." Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

Emma paused "Good question.." she smiled, "Let me connect someone who'll be able to help there.." a few moments passed, and a couple beeps heard as she pressed phone options. The Korean Minister was put on hold for a few minutes before the hold ended and Emma introduced a defence minister "Pleasure to speak to you" he begun "Emma's spoken to be about your interest in the Harrier and it's VTOL capabilities. Whilst capable, carrying out vertical landings do put on significant restrictions on the combat capability. To put that into numbers..."

A moment of silence passed as the minister compiled the figures "In a short or conventional take off sense, the Harriers maximum take off weight is 31,000lb, or 14,100 kg. So a significant payload for sure. Vertical take off has its advantages in operating away from airfields but the take off weight is dropped quite dramatically to 18,950 lb, or 8,596 kg. Perfectly doable but it just reduces the amount it can carry, even the addition of extra fuel tanks would be added weight on take off so reduce the weapon platforms available regardless. John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"The pleasure is mine." the Minister responded, before continuing "It is indeed surprising to learn that the take off weight significantly drops when utilizing vertical take off, thereby limiting the amount it can carry.

Your insight into the potential challenges of adding extra fuel tanks for extended range operations is also noted. It is important to consider the trade-offs between payload capacity and operational flexibility when planning missions with the Harrier.

We may have to return to the drawing board on that and discuss our options. For now, let us put a pin in that and move forward. Now that we have both of our Defence Ministers and Foreign Ministers here. I would like to put forward the topics of economic co-operation and millitary co-operation."
Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

"Absolutely no problem" replied the Defence Minister "I'll email you my personal contact details so when you're prepared to re-visit the Harrier or other options in terms of defence procurement, please do let me know and I'll be able to push it in the right direction, I'll let the economic co-operation discussion take place first.." he indicated to Emma who begun to speak "Economic and military cooperation are certainly something we can work towards; starting with economic, what do you have in mind?" she asked, it been a topic brought up by the Korean minister. John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I appreciate your willingness to assist in pushing the discussion on defence procurement in the right direction.

Regarding economic cooperation, I believe that discussing trade agreements and the possibility of free movement between the United Kingdom and Korea could be beneficial for both parties. I am open to exploring these opportunities further and would love to hear your thoughts on how we could further economic cooperation between our two nations."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

"I think the first step to pushing forward for Economic Cooperation would be to understand where both the United Kingdom and Korea stand as far as the needs and offers, I suppose. At the moment the United Kingdom has growing economic relations with a number of countries all with their own elements. An example include Portugal and Spain due to the Iberian Peninsula. We're, based on recent reports anyway, the strongest economy globally .. for now." she joked. "I figure the question comes down to, what can the UK do for you or what are you seeking in terms of the benefits of working closer economically? We can then discuss it from there on how we can pull something together. I am also curious as to what you may have in mind for the free movement between the UK and Korea, if you could elaborate on what you would be seeking in regards to this please?" John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II