STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[PDRP] A Message to Ukraine

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019

The People's Democratic Republic of Portugal
THIS MESSAGE IS ENCRYPTED (5)

(ooc note: the Portuguese Revolutionaries have their first 5 messages encrypted from Portuguese jurisdiction. The 6th one would be limited and subject to decryption processes, this is only on their end)

In a derelict location just outside Faro, communist and republican revolutionaries manage to get a hold on local communications, desperately trying to contact the nations of the world. Ukraine, far from Portuguese politics and has no outstanding relations with Portugal was their first bet. Unbeknownst to them, they do not have much time left and if this fails, the dying flame of revolution would finally be snuffed out of existence.
Comrade Leonardo, the last and holding the largest communist cell in Portugal would attempt to contact Ukraine.

"Greetings.

I am Leonardo, a republican, a patriot, and a leader of my fellow brothers and sisters. To whoever shall receive this message I ask you one simple request. The Portuguese Government has unrightfully taken the will of her people and put it on the hands of a monarch, history's clear symbol of absolute corruption and tyranny. This unjust system of Government, filled with corrupt leaders only taking the position for their personal gain, has returned to Portugal, and we wish to change that. However, at this time, our movement has undoubtedly failed. I wish to contact you to provide my legitimate government, The People's Democratic Republic of Portugal, a safe haven as a government in exile in your territory. Once the people can take back what was rightfully theirs, we will remember your hospitality, and we will pay you back for your kindness.

I hope you take this message into consideration, this could change history as we know it."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private:
iu-7.jpeg
“Goddamn Communists,” Grumbled Defense Minister Oleksander Kuzmuk through his mustache as he dropped the report on his desk. He was puffing away on a wooden pipe, sending up angry little spouts of smoke up into the air. “They should all be lined up and shot once we find the rest of them.”

“Oh, I’m sure most of the Deputies in the Rada share your disgust,” chuckled Prime Minister Yanukovych. “We should, of course, inform our friends the Russians. Communism is just as much a threat to them as it is to us.”

Kuzmuk crumpled his brow and side-eyed him. “Friends? They’re still our biggest security threat. If the email mentioned them directly perhaps we would take a course of different action, but right now there is no danger for them. The Portuguese, on the other hand… They need to know.”

The following email would be sent:

To: Ministry of National Security Senhor Norberto Catarina Almeida; Ministry of Security and Intelligence Senhor Reynaldo Octávio Gonçalves; Strix

CC: President Viktor Yushchenko, Minister of Foreign Affairs Konstyantyn Gryshchenko, Secretary of Western European Affairs Roman Shpek

Subject: A Cancer throughout Europe

Security: email encrypted and secure
Greetings to Portugal,

I wish Ukraine were reaching out to Portugal under more auspicious circumstances, unfortunately this email is a matter of security—national and international. Every member of the Verkhovna Rada (our parliament) recently received a copy of the following email from a Portuguese communist faction:

Greetings.

I am Leonardo, a republican, a patriot, and a leader of my fellow brothers and sisters. To whoever shall receive this message I ask you one simple request. The Portuguese Government has unrightfully taken the will of her people and put it on the hands of a monarch, history's clear symbol of absolute corruption and tyranny. This unjust system of Government, filled with corrupt leaders only taking the position for their personal gain, has returned to Portugal, and we wish to change that. However, at this time, our movement has undoubtedly failed. I wish to contact you to provide my legitimate government, The People's Democratic Republic of Portugal, a safe haven as a government in exile in your territory. Once the people can take back what was rightfully theirs, we will remember your hospitality, and we will pay you back for your kindness.

I hope you take this message into consideration, this could change history as we know it.

It is addressed to the Ukrainian government, but I suspect they were attempting to contact only the Communist Party of Ukraine and some technical-difficulty occurred… Regardless, their plans to transplant themselves to Ukraine are unacceptable. Our own communist party wrecked havoc on our economy, military defense structure, and political stability. We will not provide them with shelter.

While I have not yet received a full briefing on their antics in Portugal, I suspect your feelings towards them are similar to how we feel about our own communist party. We would like to work together with the government of Portugal to apprehend and bring them to justice.

At your service,
Minister of Defense Oleksander Kuzmuk
Ukraine

iu-9.jpeg
Private

Every night when Andrei Chovnik returned to the housing bloc, there was an middle-aged man propped up in the corner of the stairwell. He had an old wool coat and long sleeve Telnyashka—one of those blue and white striped shirts Soviet sailors used to wear with pride. This old man’s was sweat stained and fraying at the neck. It was still cold in Lisichansk, freezing rain blew outside. He must not have had anywhere else to go.

"Goddamn Capitalists," mumbled Chovnik. "They sure have done you wrong, haven't they Comrade?" He tried not to kneel on any of the shimmering, broken glass that covered the concrete landing as he took out his wallet and withdrew 500 Hrynia—roughly the equivalent of about $50 USD.

The bleary eyed man mumbled something and tried to bat him away with a lazy swing of his vodka bottle.

Chovnik grabbed the man's freehand and placed the money there. "We are going to fix things, but in the mean time you take this. Just no more alcohol, comrade. They want you to drink like this so you won't be able to stand up to them.” He sighed. The man probably wasn't listening, or wouldn't remember tomorrow when he sobered up--if he ever sobered up.

Chovnik rose to his feet and continued up the cigaret littered stairs towards his apartment. As a member of the Verkhovna Rada--a People's Deputy--his job was to help people. It was hard to do that now without drawing attention to himself.

He slammed the door behind him as he entered his single-room abode and moved to turn on the computer to check his email. He didn't bother with the light switch. The PC screen set off enough of a dim glow. ...What was this? He would reply immediately using his non-government account.

To: Leonardo of the People's Democratic Republic of Portugal

CC:

Subject: The Revolution (emergency)

Security: Private

Comrades!

This is Andrei Chovnik, member of the Communist Party of Ukraine and People's Deputy to the Verkhovna Rada. I still have access to my government email account, which is how I received your initial message. I'm now contacting you from a private email. Your first message was sent to a government account which automatically forwards messages to all of the Verkhovna Rada. I'm afraid this means you have been compromised.

Our government has changed greatly in the past few years, the oligarchs promote anti-communist propaganda and have declared our rightful Premier Petro Symonenko a traitor. They will not accept things the way they should be. They were as provincial as the writers and directors of the First Soviet Era once portrayed them. I'm ashamed to call them my countrymen--They require reeducation.

That being said, Any disciple of Marx is a friend of mine. If you are determined to make it to Ukraine, I will do everything in my power to assist you. Nationality is meaningless, the class struggle is what unites us.

The Russians have been incredibly unsatisfied with their government in the years since the illegal disillusion of our Union. They have had three attempts to restore power to the people in this time. I have ideas for how we can establish a joint resistance with them, but it would be safer to discuss this in person.

Stay safe, comrades. I'm afraid we're dying out.
Andrei Chovnik

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"Comrade General, we have successfully established connections with the Ukrainian Communists!"

Two lone communist sympathizers, hiding deep within Faro would take charge in communcations, while the main group was on the run, they volunteered to stay behind and help their cause.

The People's Democratic Republic of Portugal
THIS MESSAGE IS ENCRYPTED (4)

(ooc note: the Portuguese Revolutionaries have their first 5 messages encrypted from Portuguese jurisdiction. The 6th one would be limited and subject to decryption processes, this is only on their end)

TO: Andrei Chovnik​
Greetings Comrades!

We plan to set sail along the coast to reach Ust-Dunaisk, with enough fuel and supplies to do so. We have been planning to do this for months now, so rest assured once we reach the coast, everything shall fall into place. We will be hitching a ride on civilian ships, so there is little chance that we will be caught. Nonetheless, all we ask is that someone would be there to facilitate our transition into Ukraine. Remember that this is merely temporary, we will help your cause in Ukraine, as you have helped us escape the clutches of the corrupt government that is ruling over Portugal.

Up the Revolution comrades!

Reynaldo, who was residing within the MSI office within the Sao Bento Palace, would stare at the computer screen as messages from the SIS would flood the system, giving him every once of progress as they try to find the communist revolutionaries. No official news from the local Police force has arrived at his desk, although he had heard of a possible lead on one lookout. Nonetheless, almost simultaneously, an email from both the Gendarmerie and the Ukrainian Government would be sent to his inbox.

"I think we have an idea on where they're heading to."

Ministério da Segurança e Inteligência
Senhor Reynaldo Octávio Gonçalves

Monarquia Parlamentar de Portugal

ENCRYPTED
To: Minister of Defense Oleksander Kuzmuk
Subject: RE:A Cancer throughout Europe

Greetings, Minister.

Thank you for informing us. We at the MSI are actively cooperating with local law enforcement in bringing down this threat. As we speak, the local Gendarmerie and Police force have identified their wherabouts, and would proceed to aprehending them, once and for all. Our intelligence teams are working their best to crack their form of encryption, and once we would finally get in to their system, we would be able to see all their previous messages, although we cannot see the replies of their contact.

If you may, we can launch an Operation to Ukraine to see who they are contacting, although it may take a while. All we could suggest is perhaps find possible suspects that would actively coordinate with this terrorist organization, and get one step ahead of these communist rats. Make sure to double check every form of entry into Ukraine within the next week, they may be hiding in plain sight.

Signed,

R. Gonçalves
Minister of Security and Intelligence

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020

To: Leonardo of the People's Democratic Republic of Portugal

CC:

Subject: Re: The Revolution (emergency)

Security: Private

Again, my resources are limited at this time, but tell me what you need and I'll prepare. How many of you should I expect? Will you be bringing any supplies with you? And, most importantly, when do you expect to arrive? I look forward to your reply and wish you a safe journey, comrades.

--Andrei Chovnik

Encrypted.png

To: R. Gonçalves; Strix

CC: President Viktor Yushchenko, Minister of Foreign Affairs Konstyantyn Gryshchenko, Secretary of Western European Affairs Roman Shpek

Subject: A Cancer throughout Europe

Security: email encrypted and secure

We have a few suspects we will look into--people from the Symonenko administration whom we have not been able to pin down with criminal charges yet, or who are still under investigation. As far as you operating within Ukraine, this gives us pause. It is against our constitution to allow foreign armed forces into our country without the approval of parliament--although the wording of that clause might not necessarily prohibit foreign police. How many agents are you hoping to send? What would you plan on equipping them with?

At your service,
Minister of Defense Oleksander Kuzmuk
Ukraine

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II