STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ROI] Message to France

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

This message is Private and Encrypted

To: Mithrandir Olorin, Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (Mith )

Subject: Establishing Diplomatic Relations

CC:

Dia dhuit,

I am writing today to establish diplomatic relations with the Republic of France. First off let me say congratulations with officially becoming a Republic. Unfortunately for Ireland we ordered planes from France and never received them while your country was still a monarchy. Ireland lost out on $4,000,000,000.00 due to this even and has put us in a bad debt. While this is not the doing of your current government, it has still left a bad taste in our mouths.

We still had diplomats in France. 20 Diplomatic Personnel, 30 Mission Staff, and 22 Security Staff. We lost contact with the during the collapse of your former government. Is there anyway to check the old Irish Embassy to see if they are still around? This would be a start to building our relationship back.

The next thing I would like to write you about is that of Romania. What is your opinion of them? Ireland has seen their wild accusations about Moldova and see them as an aggressive nation. Ireland has recently sanctioned them as a result. I fear that Romania thinks themselves bigger than what they are. I believe GA intervention might be the only possible solution.

Respectfully,
Dick Spring, TD,
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Nov 10, 2020

French Diplomacy
Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs

Security Classification: OFFICIAL

Recipient: Dick Spring, Minister for Foreign Affairs Drivindeath

Dear Dick Spring,

Go raibh maith agat as do theachtaireacht. Thank you for reaching out to us. We are excited at the prospect of re-establishing diplomatic and economic links with Ireland.

I appreciate your warm regards on the establishment of our French Republic. After our elections, citizens of France strongly rejected Monarchy after years of mis-management and not putting citizen before party. We are still in the process of transition and setting up our offices of state. We look to Ireland as a good example in this regard.

I am shocked to hear of the unfulfilled order for the planes you purchased and will call upon the Minister of the Armed Forces and Minister of the Economy and Finance to investigate this matter. Perhaps you could give me more information on the original order. I cannot guarantee that I can resolve the matter, but hopefully we can come to some kind of accommodation. We pride ourselves on our high quality Defence products that our great companies research, develop and produce. I have already assigned both aforementioned ministers to look into kick-starting our sales in this area in the not so distant future.

I have successfully located the paperwork regarding Ireland's diplomatic standing and would be happy to fully reinstate the Irish Embassy in France (Address: 12 Avenue Foch, 75116 Paris, France). Is Patricia O'Brien still the serving Ambassador?
Do you still recognise the French embassy in Dublin? I can update the details if you so require.

We are greatly concerned about the ongoing crisis between Romania and Moldova. We opened a diplomatic channel with Romania. Romania claims that Moldova acted first by shooting down civilian aircraft and polluting water supplies. France are committed to de-escalation and dialogue between both countries and will make ourselves available to assist in these negotiations in anyway that we can to ensure peaceful resolution. We understand the underlying political movement that seeks for unification of both countries and would support the outcome of any referendum.

France will not impose any sanctions or hint at any kind of military action at present. We strongly believe that going to war will only worsen the current crises.
We have updated our travel advice to citizens and advise only to travel to the country if necessary and to avoid the region entirely.

We are committed to diplomacy and will openly consider/help draft any GA legislation required that will promote peace and justice for all parties.

Kind Regards,

Mr. Mithrandir Olorin
Minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2020

French Diplomacy
Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs

Security Classification: OFFICIAL

Recipient: Dick Spring, Minister for Foreign Affairs Drivindeath

Dear Dick Spring,

I must apologise for a technical error in the previous post where transcripts of France's conversations with Moldova where linked to the thread.
The administrator responsible has been dismissed as per our standard internal procedures.

Kind Regards,

Mr. Mithrandir Olorin
Minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs

Last edited:

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

This message is Private and Encrypted

To: Mithrandir Olorin, Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (Mith )​

Subject: RE: Establishing Diplomatic Relations​

CC:​

I have attached both the 'Old French Defence Catalogue', and the Irish 'Order Form' to this email as proof of purchase for planes that have never been delivered from the old French Monarchy. While I don't expect this administration to pay for the mistakes of the Monarchy, it does leave a lasting impression. I am however happy that you are willing to look into these matters.

This is excellent news that our embassy staff can be reinstated in Paris. Mary O'Brien is still our active Ambassador to France. However during the collapse of the Monarchy in France, the French Ambassador and all their staff took everything and left the Embassy to return to Paris. You are more than welcome to send personnel back to your Embassy at, 66 Fitzwilliam Ln, Saint Peter's, Dublin 2, D02 HP38, Ireland. We will clean it up so that when you Ambassador and staff arrive it will look good as new.

Ireland has taken a firm stance on Romania and Moldova. While we most definitely see Romania as the aggressor. They have spoken poorly about Moldavan sovereignty, claiming that they not a Country and are ethnically Romanian. Ireland believes if that were true then Moldova would have rejoined with Romania by now. However it is not my place to try and sway your opinion. However I am seeking more members of the GA to push for a peaceful resolution and to end this conflict fast.

Respectfully,
Dick Spring, TD,
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II