STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

The Grand European Summit

European Passport

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"I think having the issue of passport involve approval by each of our nation's agency is a good work around which does not disturb the individual travel arrangements that have been made as has been brought up. We can get behind this idea, though given the concerns raised we believe it should be something that a nation can opt in or out of for the time being. Once the function of an EU has been proven and it has gained trust, then I say we work on switching over to a passport that is issued by the EU itself. But for now, having countries work together to issue such a passport works."

"I would also like to add something else. We should have rules put place that allows for a passport to be suspended in the event of suspicion being raised on an individual as well. While this may complicate the situation, I believe this can address many security issues many would have with a EU passport. Though we can make it to where a passport is only suspended for some countries and not all."

Vaka Mutmer Connor Jamie

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
This would be the first time the Polish entourage would speak during the actual talks, and his majesty had to make sure he was as eloquent as his fellow statesmen. He would lean forward in his seat to ensure his microphone would allow his voice to be projected into the room.

"Poland would tentatively agree to an European Passport with the criteria involved except for a comment of concern. Apologies if I misunderstood anything said previously. Each citizen wishing for a European Passport would apply for it from a body of representatives consisting of each member nation. But first they would need to clear security checks from just the home intelligence agency or from all intelligence agencies? Would this not increase the risks of criminals slipping through the cracks and gaining passports allowing them free travel between nations? Having such information pass through so many hands before being evaluated by a singular body seems like it would bog itself down in bureaucratic red tape while also risking more criminals slipping through the cracks than say a singular agency who drew their information from each nation into a singular point? Like for example, A Polish Criminal who fled from justice and living, say, in Ireland. They would have no criminal record within Ireland and this could lead them to gaining a European Passport and allowing them access to their criminal contacts within Poland. Or we could go so far as to say a war criminal that fled after the Yugoslav wars could gain access to such a passport."

Releasing the button, the King of Poland would slide back into his seat, wearing a stoic face. Inside he was a bundle of nerves. He had never spoken to so many people who held such important positions within foreign nations at one time.

HeadlessSeeker Jamie Zak Bruno Connor Vaka Mutmer

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
I do understand the great need for caution. This will be a tremendously powerful passport within Europe. We obviously have to find a balance between security and the length of time required for application review. Most nations I assume keep a list of people who would not be allowed to enter their nation under any circumstances. A list that is tended to by various internal security agencies. With the European Passport Board, a security consultant from each nation would sit on the board. With this position, they would be privy to all of the information provided by other nations in a sense combining multiple separate lists from many different nations into one master list. If changes need to be made as new information comes to light, that individual board member can veto the applicant. This application process should take roughly a month. The goal here is to help individuals and companies' business operations abroad. This will take a leap of faith so to speak initially and the understandable security concerns might be to be a hard sell for some of our nations. I think we should have the ability to opt out of its initial implementation. There will also be the option of opting back into the program once each nation feels ready.

So with that, we would have the European Passport that would grant a four-year visa-free travel to any of the participating nations, issued by the European Passport Board, staffed by security consultants from each member nation. An opt-out clause will be granted for any nation not yet willing to participate with the option of joining at a later date.

Let's put it to a quick vote.

OOC: I have started a poll on this thread. Just give your answer there.

HeadlessSeeker Jamie ManBear Zak Bruno Dutchy GingeOrCringe Connor Joe Mutmer [/CENTER]

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
While the votes are still being tallied, I would like to move on to the next topic of discussion. This would be the governing body of the European Union, The European Council. The European Council will consist of one councilor appointed by the current government of the member nation they represent. The council will meet twice a year in Oslo Norway to discuss adding, removing or modifying articles in the treaty that governs the European Union. These votes will have to be unanimous to modify any current or new legislation. This will keep an air of stability and make sure that everyone is unified in any changes that need to be made.

I would love to hear your thought and questions. The floor is open for discussion.

HeadlessSeeker Jamie ManBear Zak Bruno Dutchy GingeOrCringe Connor Joe Mutmer

Mutmer

Srpska is SERB
Oct 18, 2022
As we wait for the votes to be counted i wonder if this Passport could go any further perhaps a more open borders solution and better yet perhaps even a whole union of europe, yet i am getting ahead of myself i am just wondering where the headquarters of this new idea will be located because although Oslo is a beutiful city it is a bit far for a nation like serbia to travel do you not think?

HeadlessSeeker Jamie ManBear Zak Bruno Dutchy GingeOrCringe Connor Joe Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
Prime Minister Stoltenberg could feel the lack of enthusiasm in the room. He worried that maybe he had called the conference prematurely. Checking the votes for the European Passport, it would seem that the vote had narrowly passed three to two. The number of votes abstaining was a cause of concern. He thought he might change tact attempting to refocus some conversation.

Friends, it would appear that the vote for the European Passport has passed three to two. Not the overwhelming majority that we had hoped for but we will keep the idea for now. I mentioned the idea of The European Council earlier and would still love to hear your input on the topic. But I would also like to hear from you now. What would you and your nation like to see come from joining a European Union? We have listed the Free movement of goods, the Establishment of The European Council, the Establishment of a Customs Union, the Creation of the European Central Bank, Creation of Europol as the bare minimum requirements for the European Union to function. Have we perhaps moved too quickly and maybe Europe is not ready for a more permanent union?

Also to answer the Serbian representative. The headquarters of the European Union and the European Council have just been tentatively placed in Oslo until a suitable permanent location can be determined. A much more central location for everyone involved would be preferred. We would of course need a nation to volunteer to host them and have a site purchased and built for their needs. I would suggest somewhere in France, as it seems the most easily accessible location for most of us here in attendance. I would love to hear what you all think. I open the floor to you.

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"We believe France would be a good host for the headquarters of a European Union. I think the city of Metz would make for a good city to host such a headquarters. It being a capital city of the past and historic to Europe. While there does not to be much enthusiasm I believe now is the best time for these discussions. This is a matter that needs to be worked on, and will take some time. But we must pursue this formation regardless."

Vaka Jamie ManBear Zak Bruno Dutchy Connor Joe Mutmer

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
François Hollande arrived at the location of the meeting after flying in from Paris to lead the efforts of reforming the new European Union.

"France would like to become the official seat of the European Union. We would like to strategically base the headquarters in Strasbourg which is based on the border with Germany and has excellent transport links which is beneficial for when meetings and councils are formed and need to meet periodically. We will also commit to building a headquarters for the official seat of the European Union are we would be willing to commit half of the cost to build a new headquarters. I have spoken to President Marine Le Pen earlier before I landed in Oslo and France will not be taking part in the European Passport scheme. The world is in a heightened state of emergency with the recent wars around the world and the influx of free movement and immigration is a complete no go for the new government."

HeadlessSeeker Vaka Jamie Mutmer Bruno Connor Joe

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
I agree wholeheartedly with the Irish delegation that the importance of us coming to an agreement here. We do have to fully understand that coming together as one will require an element of trust. The concerns of the French are not without merit, but we must not be led by fear alone. The safety of our citizens must be paramount, but I do not wish to rob them of greater freedoms simply in the name of security. We must be willing to compromise here in order to form this Union. This is why we have offered the option of an opt-out clause to the European Passport scheme.

It would seem that we now have three votes in support of the location of the European Council being located somewhere within France. They have committed not only to the land but have put forth the offer to pay for half the costs of construction. Norway will also offer to pay for the other half of the construction costs. The French have put forth the city of Strasbourg as the potential location. Owing to its central location and ready access to air, rail, and road. With the location scouted and funds tentatively secured, I would say it is time for another vote.

OOC: I have started another poll on this thread. Just give your answer there.

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The French delegation would push for an invitation to be extended to the Holy See with observer status considering the fact that the Holy See is surrounded by another European nation in Italy.

Vaka

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
There remained some considerable silence from the British leadership, the discussions seemed quick paced but the Prime Minister remained updated. There was a brief moment where he opened his mouth, as if to speak, then stopped. A few moments later, he eventually spoke up.

"I've unfortunately made the decision to be the negative one in the group. As we know, Europe, in recently years, has lacked stability. Whether through internal factors or factors beyond our control. Thus far, I've been objective in the areas of passports and freedom of movement - that isn't because I disagree with the idea or that the United Kingdom would never participate. It simply comes down to building rapport with everyone. I very much want this to succeed and develop over time. I've voted in opposition of France hosting the HQ and feel like I should explain the reasons.

Stability, is the key point and whilst the United Kingdom is not in a position to offer an alternative, I feel like we should seek one. Whilst I do not doubt France's capability, the reliance is a concern. Over the last five years, I've undergone meetings with 8 different presidents and evacuated civilians from the country only in recent months due to intense rioting that contributed to the destruction of embassies. The reason I bring that up is that key word, stability. If, and of course I mean nothing against my French colleagues, we see another President next month, what happens to the HQ? It's an erratic changing landscape.

Of course, if it goes ahead, naturally we will work with everyone at the HQ regardless but I felt my vote ought to be followed by an explanation. Ireland, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Portugal and Ukraine I feel may be suited contenders, in my opinion."

HeadlessSeeker ManBear Zak Bruno Dutchy GingeOrCringe Connor Joe Mutmer Vaka

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I should be clear on the position of Sweden.

The prospect of uniting Europe is one that's been attempted a small handful of times previously and although never actually made it as far as having Europe represented in a single room such as this, they have consistently crashed and burned. I fear that if we follow the guidance of some of the nations represented here that are presenting ideas which appear fantastic, they are riddled with legal challenge, complication, national security matters and above all else: trust. We have all over time secured our own alliances and commitments to independent organisations such as the Global Assembly, the Nordic Council and I have no doubt many sat throughout this room have more in the pipelines, these organisations are littered with their own agreements, treaties and arrangements which will be very similar to or contradict what we discuss here. One size fits all does not work in international politics, unfortunately, and as we come out the back of a war in the Mediterranean there is a lot of work to be done in terms of the trust I mentioned earlier being constructed.

I worry this conference is beginning to derail and we're soon to have a disaster on our hands. I want this European Union to succeed. Please, let's put the brakes on and slow this train slightly so we can ensure we reach our ideal destination safely: a unified Europe.

I have to disagree with the representatives from Ireland, discussing subsidiary arrangements here is not the most appropriate time or place. This is the first time we have seen our great nations sat in one room and I have to stress how historically significant this is... I think we all collectively agree that the European Union needs to exist and it's foundation, alongside that of the council, is important and something I have no doubt will see a collection of signatures as the end of this conference. Rome wasn't built in a day, there is no rush, we can discuss further agreements such as the European Passport, Europol, a Customs Union, the European Central Bank and any other ideas you may have on an individual basis were we can each have our lawyers and representatives deep dive into the details. These additional running parts are key, but not essential. We just need the European Union to unite us and the European Council to facilitate further discussion. One step at a time.

So let me be absolutely clear: Sweden will sign on the dotted line for the European Union and the European Council within that. We will not agree to any subsidiary arrangements on day one however we will work closely with you all to work out a proportionate, legal, accountable, necessary and ethical future."

HeadlessSeeker ManBear Zak Bruno Dutchy Jamie Joe Mutmer Vaka

Mutmer

Srpska is SERB
Oct 18, 2022
Perhaps an alternate idea is not one single union but many smaller unions that can co-exist and each send one representative to support their ideas to the rest of the unions. becoming a federation similar to the swiss cantons of the old for a basic example of some unions. West European Council, Balkan Council, Central European Council, Visegrad Council, Nordic Council, And Far-East European Council. This could alleviate the problem with stability because of the need to stabilize the entirety of europe they only would need to stabilize their regions. The european Council could continue but only representing the greater unions of europe. and perhaps in a few years we could get all european states at peace and stable enough for a true union to take place. Yet, In the current political sphere of europe it would be hard to have this union work.

HeadlessSeeker ManBear Zak Bruno Dutchy Jamie Joe Connor Vaka

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"The new French Government is a reliable government, leading for all of France, not just those from the elite background like what happens in certain countries. The previous government led by former President Chirac was an absolute disaster and his reign as leader will be tarnished by the absolute disaster that happened with the protests and everything else that happened. I also disagree with the point raised by the Serbian delegation in regards to multiple unions as we feel as if this will take the idea away from the main European Union being discussed."

Jamie Vaka ManBear Bruno Dutchy Joe Connor Mutmer

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
The words from the Swedish delegation have put things squarely in focus. We may have been too ambitious in the early stages of these discussions. Our main goal should be to form a solid framework and build additional agreements once that is done. The creation of the European Union and its European Council governing body should be the main focus of these meetings. But I do not want to diminish the importance of this gathering. There was a time not that long ago when tanks and bombs determined foreign policy. We are in this room discussing the future of Europe together using kind words and diplomacy. You should all be commended for putting aside all differences and historical transgressions aside in hopes of a peaceful Union. I still believe we can achieve that here today.

There are going to be legal challenges to various parts of this agreement. This is inevitable when trying to get ten to fifteen different democracies each with its own centuries-old legal frameworks to work together in any sort of harmony. All of these agreements will have to be passed by each nation's individual legislative bodies. This in its own right will take time. But we must get some of these things down in a draft document so that we can then if by various legal challenges find out what will need to be amended. With that said I am going to wait on the previously voted-for European Passport until a meeting of the European Council can properly hear arguments for and against it. Maybe then, we will have a better legal framework in which to properly word these new agreements.

Before we agree on what the European Council will be, we first need to know where it will be held. France had put forth the city of Strasbourg as a potential hosting location for the building which will house the Council as well as offering to put forth half the funding towards its construction. We have held a vote as to the location and it has thus far not been definitive. Concerns by the British delegation have been heard and seem to be felt by others in this room. So I put the location back up for debate. Strasbourg is still an option, but I would like to have at least two more options put forth by members in this room. Norway has pledged to pay up to half of the construction costs of the site regardless of its location as a sign of how seriously we are taking getting this European Union off to a strong start. Once we have a few more locations, I will hold the poll again.

I would also like to invite a delegation from the Holy See to take part in these discussions.

HeadlessSeeker Jamie ManBear Zak Bruno Dutchy GingeOrCringe Connor Joe Mutmer Ender

• Angry
Reactions: Zak

Mutmer

Srpska is SERB
Oct 18, 2022
looking across the room the Serbian minister of internal affairs feels the tension in the air, From the British Prime minister to the Norwegian. he goes up to the president and asks him a question quietly before getting his response. he looks down at the desk they all sit. It has a pen, Paper filled with notes, a plaque of their name "Republic of Serbia", Being flanked by... but of course! that's what we need to take our mind to. The minister goes back to the president gets a confirmation the minister speaks up, Vlajko Stojiljković

"Hello?... HELLO, hi I a the Minister of internal affairs of serbia and just look at you all stressed at a meeting filled with peace. europe is no longer a place for war and anger it is but a place of peace so, perhaps we shall move on from the location of the council but onto the banner! We all need some time to think and calm down after such a long meeting correct so what if we all spend a minute of our time coming up w-w-with ideas for a banner and get back to a discussion of the location after this o-okay?"

HeadlessSeeker Jamie ManBear Zak Bruno Dutchy GingeOrCringe Connor Joe Vaka Ender (god this is getting long)

Also recommend posting your flag pics on this handy dandy google doc of mine
HERE

Last edited:

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"Ireland can concede to the points made and agree to the formation of the framework and foundation being the European Union and the European Council themselves instead of discussing and agreeing to all of subsidiary arrangements.

As for alternative locations we would like to put forward the city of Cork."

Jamie Vaka Connor Zak Mutmer

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
“We still stand by the fact that the headquarters should be in Strasbourg, five of the member states here currently have voted in favour of this and just because of a reservation made by the British delegation that France has had a history of unstable governments, now this has been thrown into dispute. I reiterate my point that five member states have voted in favour of allowing France to host the headquarters of the European Union. Strasbourg is a historic city which will benefit massively from hosting the headquarters. If this is how it’s going to be then we may have reservations about joining by going back to the table after a vote.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren