STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

United States | Meeting in Stockholm

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

1200px-Seal_of_an_Embassy_of_the_United_States_of_America.svg.png

67ka0nc.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF THE UNITED STATES AMBASSADOR
TO THE KINGDOM OF SWEDEN

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Margot Wallström, Secretary Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Sweden ( Connor )
FROM: Lincoln Johansson, United States Ambassador to Sweden

Foreign Secretary Wallström,

I am formally requesting a meeting between myself and a senior diplomatic official in your government to discuss relations between the United States and Sweden as well as possible international cooperation. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best Regards,

Lincoln Johansson
United States Ambassador to Sweden
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Lincoln Johansson,

Thank you for your correspondence, unfortunately with the heightened situation around the world and the management of two terror attacks those at cabinet level are keeping their schedule clear for emergent meetings and sessions pertinent to national security - your communication has been forwarded to me as the liaison between the United States of America and Sweden. You are welcome to attend our offices at Herkulesgatan 17, SE 103 33 Stockholm at your earliest convenience.

Due to the heightened terror threat level I must ask that you bring your diplomatic passport and one other form of identification when you attend our offices - you and your delegation will be subject to appropriate searches your person and belongings prior to entry being permitted.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,
Towe Gustavsson
Assistant Secretary of Foreign Affairs for American Affairs
Department of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of Sweden

Odinson

CONFIDENTIAL
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

1200px-Seal_of_an_Embassy_of_the_United_States_of_America.svg.png

67ka0nc.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF THE UNITED STATES AMBASSADOR
TO THE KINGDOM OF SWEDEN

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Towe Gustavsson, Assistant Secretary of Foreign Affairs for American Affairs ( Connor )
FROM: Lincoln Johansson, United States Ambassador to Sweden

Assistant Secretary Gustavsson,

An increase in security measures at times like this are entirely understandable. I express the sympathies of the American government for the incidents which have occurred in Sweden. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help. I will arrive at the address you sent within the hour.

Best Regards,

Lincoln Johansson
United States Ambassador to Sweden
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

Private

Ambassador Johansson took his government motorcade from the embassy to the address in Stockholm that he was given by Assistant Secretary Gustavsson. Travelling with him were three Diplomatic Security Service Agents, two members of his senior staff, and the drivers for the two vehicles - all of whom were Americans. They all travelled with their diplomatic passports as well as two additional forms of legal and official identification. Before leaving, the embassy would securely inform the State Department in Washington that the ambassador was going to talk to the Assistant Secretary, and what time it was when they departed as well as the identities of the Americans who were going. Meanwhile, security at the American Embassy in Stockholm was put on "Red Alert" due to the recent incidents.

Ambassador Johansson, one DSS agent, and the two senior staffers would approach the entrance (or first security checkpoint) to the aforementioned building. He would assume that the Swedes would have informed their security that they were coming over. However, just in case, he would produce his diplomatic passport (and the other forms of ID if necessary) and inform the appropriate authority that he and his team were there for a meeting with Assistant Secretary Gustavsson. Meanwhile, the two remaining DSS Agents would remain outside with the motorcade and would carefully watch the vehicles to ensure that they weren't approached or tampered with. The drivers would, of course, remain inside their cars.

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Immediately upon arrival all personnel entering the building would have their identifications checked for validity, time of arrival, mandatory metal detection and an x-ray scan of any belongings brought into the building. Given the intelligence from the Cape Town terror attack suggested Congolese government-officials were responsible for the tragedy and subsequent loss of senior politician's lives, the CCTV control room would monitor the progress of all US officials through the building.

A single security officer would guide the Ambassador and his entourage forwards to the Assistant Secretary's office within the Bureau for American Affairs, where he would be anticipating their arrival. Once within the private office the doors would be closed and the security agent remaining outside the door in constant radio communication with the central control room.

Assistant Secretary Gustavsson would raise from his seat and button his black blazer as he extends his hand to the delegation: "Ambassador Johansson, it's a pleasure to finally put a name to the face, welcome to the bureau! Can I offer you a drink at all?"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Private​

Security would find no weapons or anything of note. The only things the Americans had on them were their identification, writing utensils, and notepads. Ambassador Johansson would shake Assistant Secretary Gustavsson's hand and sit down. "I appreciate it, but no thank you we just had lunch."

The Ambassador's staff stood in the back of the room while the DSS Agent waited outside of the room. Ambassador Johansson unbuttoned his suit jacket and sat down while his staff members started to scribble. "Assistant Secretary, the White House dispatched me to speak to you because of the provocations from Turkey. I am unaware if there will be any other attempts to bring us into war, but we just wanted to let you know that we have no plans at this time to use the force of violence against Sweden or Swedish forces. We are quite focused on containing Turkey as a rogue state," he said as he stared back at his Swedish counterpart.

Last edited:

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Ambassador I think now more than ever we need to show the world that there's more to disagreements than missiles and bullets, whilst we haven't particularly seen eye-to-eye with our foreign policies we have certainly had the decorum to conduct ourselves in a reasonable manner to respect democracy, human rights and civil liberties. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Turkey who are showing the world stage that their government is unhinged. I must echo the statement made by Secretary Wallström in that we will stand hand-in-hand with the United States, despite our differences, in any action to prevent a war in the Middle East. Has the White House had much opportunity to run any simulations for the situation?"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Yes, well, the Pentagon has at least. We are under treaty obligation to assist the British who are obligated to assist Cyprus if it is invaded. We'd like to deploy ground assets to their sovereign bases in Cyprus, possibly anti-air and anti-ICBM equipment. However the... sluggishness of the British diplomatic corps can sometimes be a problem. We can really only be proactive and help them if they're willing to help themselves. However, we've also looked at options of a massive... strategic strike in the event that Turkey used their ICBMs. There are a lot of unknowns and, at least sense 1995, the British typically don't act until the moment something goes wrong and they must take action. So that's the unfortunate situation we're in at the moment. The first time, when our carrier strike group set up a quarantine around Israel, we were prepared to deploy assets to Cyprus, but the British declined. We're frankly not sure if they have any plan at all," he said.

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I see. I wasn't aware of defence arrangements between the United States and Britain. We are actively working with the National Security Council to make a decision on our ongoing commitment to the Middle East however at the moment our focus is very much attending to our commitment to our partners, friends and allies in the region; that includes Great Britain. Cyprus form just part of our wider concern - should Turkey step foot over any internationally recognised border we will see a substantial risk to the globe as we know it and potentially substantial loss of life.

The ballistic missiles possessed by Turkey are no secret to us, and as you know we have a majority share in Roketsan who, at least to the knowledge of the Strategic Defence Network, are the sole producers of ballistic missiles accessible by Turkey. It goes without saying that these products are now blocked. Nonetheless we have a substantial network that spans the globe with the capability to detect, track, analyse and intercept any missile launch from inside Turkish borders.

I suspect Britain, as you say, has their fingers crossed in London that this whole situation will drift away from Cyrpus and continue their stance of inaction. I don't foresee there being any substantial deterrence deployed by the British and if there were it would be fundamentally to secure their interests in the Mediterranean rather than to prevent complete fallout in the Middle East."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"I hope you are wrong about the British, but that is certainly possible. What's clear to my government is that the Turks are on a hair trigger, and moreover it seems that they are actively looking for trouble. If push came to shove, in some kind of worst case scenario, do you think that your government would have the willpower to assist? I've been informed that your armed forces have been invited to send a military liaison to Washington to help for a coalition," he said.

Connor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren