STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"It should take no more then a month to have it ratified most certainly. Also, as far as I can tell this document should suffice well for ASEAN PLUS. But, this brings up a question. What nations should we consider inviting into ASEAN Plus aside from Australia who shall be a key initial member? We should obviously keep membership at the moment to those within this side of the pacific."

Bossza007 Owen

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"We're willing to sign a partnership agreement between ASEAN and the South Pacific Forum. Have we also come to agreement on the status of Christmas and Cocos Islands within ASEAN?"

HeadlessSeeker Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
"If we are only looking for members in the Pacific. I recommend China and Japan. China's population is massive and its workforce is a key to development. Japan is growing in the metropolitan area in rapid expansion. It is a key for resource trading for industrial infrastructure. If we can persuade these 2 nations into our sphere, it will result in a continuous economic expansion.

If we can have a representative from Christmas and Cocos islands, I would agree to it. Both islands are located in Southeast Asia, but Australia is not."

HeadlessSeeker Owen

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"I believe we already came to an agreement on their status? That they would be allowed to join. I had asked earlier if we may invite them to this meeting. Also, could you explain the South Pacific Forum?"

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"The South Pacific Forum is a intergovernmental organisation which looks at enhancing cooperation and development across the Pacific Islands, Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. It's essentially an Oceania ASEAN. At the moment it only consists of Australia, our territory of Norfolk Island, the U.S. territories in the region: American Samoa, Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands and the sole U.K. territory in the region: Pitcairn Islands. We would be open to expand cooperation and agreements between ASEAN and SPF and look at making Vietnam and Thailand observers within SPF. The territories are represented by their respective heads of government. For Norfolk Island, the Chief Minister of Norfolk Island attends along with the Prime Minister of Australia. That's essentially what we aim to do with Christmas and Cocos Islands. We will sign for their representation on their behalf, as it would be a constitutional violation for them to sign foreign treaties. Christmas and Cocos Islands do not have the same status as Norfolk Island which is essentially self-governing with its own legislative assembly like the Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory. However they each have Shire Councils and Presidents of those councils. The Presidents of the two shire councils will be their representatives in ASEAN rather than the Administrator of the Indian Ocean Territories, which is a non-elected position appointed by us to represent the federal government in the two territories."

Bossza007 HeadlessSeeker

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
"I agree with the cooperation. We will be the observer in SPF, and have SPF as our observer. We should make another agreement for Christmas and Cocos Islands to become ASEAN members. We can have a joint document that will declaration us to be observers in SPF, and SPF as our observers. Is it possible to agree now? Australia will sign the document on behalf of Christmas and Cocos islands. Do we need any more representatives for SPF?"

HeadlessSeeker Owen

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"I think that works out nicely, we are fine with Australia signing on their behalf. This will allow for great cooperation in the future. Once everything is signed all that will be left is for agreements to be ratified. We are looking at a momentum occasion for our nations. Now, what else is on our agenda?"
Bossza007 Owen

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
I believe there is nothing else we can do unless we want to draft a trade agreement specifying which resources we want to trade with each other. I guess we can do that later because this meeting feels like it's been going on forever. We accomplished a lot and covered much ground. Oh, I forgot to mention one. We intend to construct a $12 billion national scientific institution. Because it is 5 square kilometers in size, We can use it as our scientific headquarters. We also require someone to construct the new ASEAN headquarters, as we can no longer rely on Indonesia. I believe we will do it. We will raise funds with a monthly budget of around $4 billion. The remaining $400 million get allocated to the military, and I no longer appear to have complete information. "Could you please keep an eye on your playground for me?" He takes a brief pause. "It doesn't appear that we have any other plans." We will secure the ASEAN construction project. "How are the others doing?"

HeadlessSeeker Owen

Last edited:

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
With the invasion of Laos by Thailand, Australia would be withdrawing from the ASEAN+ Summit and associated negotiations, the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Kevin Rudd would head back to Canberra from Hanoi via an RAAF Boeing 737BBJ.

Bossza007 HeadlessSeeker

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Surin Pitsuwan's face turns into a discontented expression for a moment after he sees the Australian delegate walk out of the room and return to their back. He starts to complain about the current situation. "I'm not sure what has changed under Foreign Affairs. In any case, Thai politics is a living horror." He said in annoy phase. He then turns to the Vietnamese minister and talks to him. "I heard that the Chinese government now reopened their affairs again. Do you wish to include them for future members? Honestly, do you still wish to ratify this document?" He asks while pointing at the paper. "I would gladly return these items to Thailand and endorse them. There could be more chit-chat in this room. When Korea left, everything was silent. I think we'll have to keep working. I'm not sure. What about you?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"Yes... I think now would be a good time for us to bring these items we have discussed and bring them before our governments for ratification processes. The National Assembly will review this and make a vote on it. Though it may be slower going now that the issue of debate involves multiple parties. I do believe ASEAN as an organization can work. Once we have reviewed the items we can come back and see if we are still in agreement? As for China, I think at this stage we should involve them. It would be odd not to at this point."

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
"That sounded like a plan to me. Even though we held that session a year ago, I am certain that the Thai parliament would vote unanimously to approve the document. I've been here for a long time and would like to spend some time with my family. I'll bring these copies to Thailand. I'm going to depart this room for the time being. I appreciate your efforts to resurrect ASEAN. It's a pleasure to meet you." Surin Pitsuwan would stand up and offer a friendly, appreciative handshake to the Vietnamese minister. He looks delighted based on his facial expression. He would say goodbye to him and return to Thailand in the same way if Vietnam had no further discussion.

HeadlessSeeker

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II