STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Coalition Communications Center

Flying Damascas

Kingdom of Belgium
Dec 14, 2019
Leopold Joldersma, Belgium's Secretary of Middle Eastern Affairs for The Foreign Office in Brussels would join the call via an encrypted and secure line of communication

"The Belgian Government aknowledges and appreciates the efforts of The United States with respect to their solidarity in cordinating the rescue of Belgian citizens and diplomats stranded in Iraq, However that being said Belgium is in no position to fight on the field of battle let alone issue a declaration of war. From here I shall reaffirm my country's neutrality and willingness to here Iraqi grievences out inspite of their aggression, we have no quarrel with Iraq and do not wish to be party to war in the middle east."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"In response to my Spanish Counterpart, we are happy to welcome the C-17 you are deploying. (@Zak )", Following the arrival of more people in the call, the British Prime Minister begun to speak. "Thank you all for accepting the call on such short notice. I won't waste your times so I will get straight to the point. As you know, the United Kingdom, United States and Spain have all been hit by bombings in which we've discovered to have been conducted by Iraqi Citizens. They had launched mustard gas in our cities in which has killed hundreds combined. During that time, we have also discovered the UK, Belgian and US Embassies were under siege in which I can confirm the British Diplomatic Staff have been taken hostage by the Iraqi Government under Saddam Hussein. I have called you here because you have offered your assistance, or are actually impacted by the government too and we feel it vital to have a single line of communication. Otherwise we will see an influx of countries stepping forward to take action, opening the door for crossfire between others involved. With that in mind, if you are aware of anyone else affected, please let me know and we will tie them into the conversation too.

At the moment, UK, Spanish and US Special Forces are preparing an operation to rescue diplomatic staff in the country. We have also been contacted by Syria, who is in this call, requesting assistance on their border, but Kuwait who is also here are having their own issues as a result. We are looking at the possibilities of this situation escalating, very rapidly. Having this as a central line of communication is key to prevent any further conflict and focus on de-escalation. To formalize the current situation, could everyone please highlight, if any, their involvement? For example, identify if you have an embassy, the status of that, do you currently have any military involvement, or are you planning too? We need an overall situation. I will start and say that the UK currently is preparing for Special Operations only, and that is to recover our diplomatic staff. We are assessing the situation as it develops."

@John @Zak @Strix @Dutchy @JamieA @Flying Damascas @Logan

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I would like to inform you all that an official Declaration of War has been sent by our government to Iraq and as a result, we are now in an open state of war. We currently have a carrier group steaming towards the Mediterranean with Special Forces Operators onboard. If any nations are planning an operation involving Special Forces to help their diplomatic staff, we are more than willing to have our carrier group pick them up and transport them.

I would also like to offer support, to Syria, in the form of air policing by the aircraft on our carrier."

@Jamie @Zak @Strix @Dutchy @JamieA @Flying Damascas @Logan

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"If the United States would like support, we can deploy ships from the Spanish Navy so that the United States can turn their focus more towards Iraq, just a mere suggestion."

@Jamie @John @Strix @JamieA @Dutchy

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
The Norwegian Prime Minister, Dr. Felix Frost, requested from his office in Oslo to join in on the call. This request was sent to the British Prime Minister's office. He was standing by with a secure line.
@Jamie

Logan

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
"The French Navy is Able and willing to dedicate two of our La Fayette class frigates to an Intervention force. They can provide a small but not insignificant presence in whatever role they are required to fill."

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
The Kingdom of Denmark has requested to join the call due to simply having Troops on the ground in Spain and further plans to help combat against Iraq when needed

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Denmark and Norway would be invited to the call, before Andrew Evans requesting they "Highlight, if any, involvement they currently have? For example, identify if you have an embassy, the status of that, do you currently have any military involvement, or are you planning too? We need an overall situation. I will start and say that the UK currently is preparing for Special Operations only, and that is to recover our diplomatic staff. We are assessing the situation as it develops. We need a list of assets you'd be willing to offer, and any restrictions such as would you offer logistics only? air policing, etc."

@JamieA @Odinson
(added to post order, next up is @Strix )

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Dr. Holt joined the call on a secure line. "Hallo, everyone. This is Felix Frost. Norway and Denmark do not have embassies in Iraq. However, Sweden does. There are a number of Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish civilians at this embassy. NORSCOM is considering options to evacuate them, possibly by using special forces. Other than that, Norway is not currently involved. However, we are interested in supporting allied forces logistically, and we are open to further deploying a limited number of soldiers to Iraq... with the United States's declaration of war, I imagine a ground presence is going to be required.

"I've spoken with the High Command, and we have the option to send a few mechanized regiments if necessary. We also have a number of warships and assets in the Southern Ocean that we can send to the Persian Gulf, and also more of the Norwegian fleet which can be sent to the Mediterranean. We also have an amphibious assault ship which we can send to the Mediterranean or Persian Gulf, which is currently in Norway. Is there any way that we can help logistically? What is the current status at the British embassy?"
@Jamie

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"We have received reports on the frontline, and I'm afraid, gentlemen, that Iraq has started its move towards us. Forward observers have told us that as we speak, Iraqi forces have begun to move in into Kuwait. We have given them ample time to respond to our provocations, alas, they answer with conflict. Most of the Kuwaiti government has begun talks with Saudi Arabia to arrange their interim stay. I, along with only a few volunteers, have decided to stay in the city to monitor the situation."

"I would like to request support for our military, as our field reports have suggested that we are outnumbered two to one. As an additional note, Kuwait presents itself as a valuable strategic target, which no doubt Iraq is trying to control. Through our current infrastructure, coalition forces may be able to create a foothold in the south that would be a thorn in Iraq's future plans. The port would provide a simple solution to logistical problems that may present itself in an event of a land-based invasion."

"We will try to hold for as long as we can."

@Jamie

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Kingdom of Prussia would request to join the call, in order to support the allied forces.

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
The State of Israel would request to join the call in the hopes of offering assistance.

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"At this moment we are monitoring the situation at our embassy. As far as I am aware, the embassy has been approached by Iraqi forces, however, I have no reports of hostility at this time. With similar situations having escalated at various embassies in the capital we will advise caution to our delegation."

"The Netherlands is willing and prepared to participate in operation with our friends and partners, though with such a large coalition of nations we advise that a detailed operational plan is agreed upon in order to maintain order and cohesion."

• Love
Reactions: Zak

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"It appears that NORSCOM is presently planning a similar operation to evacuate the Swedish embassy in Baghdad. The logistics of such an exercise present a very... dangerous operation, to say the least. Baghdad is rather centrally located in Iraq, which means our special forces will have to fly over many miles of hostile territory and go far behind enemy lines. We're considering a number of options at this time... There will likely be a small joint-fleet of Norwegian, Swedish, and possibly Danish ships in the Mediterranean soon," the Prime Minister said.

"With permission from the Supreme Nordic Commander, I'll be sure to update the Coalition once we have issued a deployment. Is there any way that Norway can assist any country logistically? We do not have an aircraft carrier, but we do have an amphibious assault ship that we'll be deploying to the Mediterranean."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Following further offers of support, Prussia and Israel would be invited to the call. (Added to post order). Meanwhile, the Prime Minister would announce his leave, informing the parties involved of his hand over to General Beck, with the British Armed Forces who has been given the task of directing British Resources. With his arrival on the call, he'd begin speaking. Of course, been briefed on the current situation.

"Good Evening all. We seem to have quite a big coalition growing all of which have concerns regarding the escalating situation in Iraq. From a physical point of view, to summarize:

Kuwait is requesting support to help defend against an Iraqi-led attack. We are also seeing the same occurring on the border in Syria.

NORSCOM is planning to launch it's own operation in Iraq to evacuate the Swedish Embassy. However, I would recommend that they join this coalition to ensure we are all on the same wavelength. Having entirely separate military operations could be a recipe for disaster and a potential overlap.

UK, US and Spanish Troops are in the progress of their own operation to rescue the diplomatic staff, I can confirm that British Staff are officially taken hostage at the hands of the Iraqi Regime. With that in mind, if anyone else would like us to look into carrying out operations to save their own staff and cannot pitch resources, please let me know and we will do what we can.

Equally:

Norway has offered its support logistically. This is something that will be vital depending how the rescue operations go.
Denmark has troops on the ground in Spain, supporting them since the attack took place.
France has offered two Frigates if required.
Belgium has stood aside and announced it's neutrality.
Spain is providing Special Forces and able to provide ships in support.
As always, the Netherlands are willing to help although would like a detailed plan. I think this would be something of value to everyone.

Moving forward, I believe the next steps are as follows that needs addressing:

I
I would like to propose that we all vote to instate the position of Commander, an individual who will micromanage all coalition forces and with the capability to call upon resources. As the operation develops, and depending on the mandate going forward, we can create new roles to split responsibilities. Thoughts on this? If it's something you would be all in agreement, I think the best move would be to also say who you would be nominating.

II
At the moment the UKs focus is for recovery of diplomatic staff, however, of course, the US has officially declared war on Iraq. Is the US or any other country willing to commit assets to help Syria and/or Kuwait given both are subject to attacks from Iraq?

III
Overall objective needs defining, what are all your stances to this? I presume the US is, per your declaration, to put an end to Sadams regime?
The UKs objective at the moment is to save the hostages but is willing to extend that objective to support bringing down the current regime which was the party responsible for the attack in the UK, then the embassy. We are currently reviewing our capabilities in light of that and will be using Cyprus with US and Spanish Troops as the staging area. We will be deploying air force assets there in the coming weeks as a precaution and in preparation for if further operations were to take place.

Finally, could the new arrivals of Israel and Prussia confirm if they require any support, or can give an indication as to what they can offer the coalition? @Fairhold @Alex

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Denmark is willing to support Syria to protect interests and Embassy staff within Syria itself, we will also be committing forces towards the NORCOMS force to retrieve Swedish embassy staff and any other embassy staff within the region if needed. I should soon have information relating to the attacks and know what chemical has been used to help assist any Medical staff within the respected attacked nations to help combat any medical needs. Although Denmark hasn't been attacked directly, we stand with our North American partners and European partners and agree that the Sadame regime needs to end before more innocent people get hurt and we will take necessary steps to counter this, if that means we need to deploy forces to Syria to help deter Iraqi forces and then push into Iraq then so be it. We deploy forces were need to help any embassy staff and civilians out of Iraq if they are held hostage against their own will. We also agree that a Commander should be appointed, preferably from Great Britain or America as they have the combat and knowledge experience" the Minister paused before continuing while receiving an email from the Danish Forces in Spain "I stand corrected, the Chemical used in the Spanish attacks was Mustard Gas. Our forces in Spain have begun decontaminating the areas affected, and will assist the Spanish medical staff where needed. If America or Great Britain needs the same help, please do ask and we will assist in anyway we can."

@Jamie

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I can confirm that American staff and Marines have been taken hostage by the Iraqi Forces. Fortunately, a marine on the ground managed to negotiate the release of civilians for them to fly home. I will be passing this call over to General Shalikashvili soon. However I would like to voice my opinion on something first. Our intention is to liberate, not to conquer. We will not fly our flags in their country and we hope that all other countries follow in this same standard."

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Spain is concerned for the welfare of its staff and security at the Spanish Embassy in Baghdad, the embassy has gone offline and protocol states that they must check in as soon as possible but that protocol has not been followed at this time. Our forces have arrived in Cyprus and are ready to be deployed to support British and American assets in the region and our Navy is awaiting orders to deploy if the American or British governments request our presence."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Confused as to why neither the American or Spanish delegate addressed the points, the British Delegate would rephrase some parts that need addressing....

"I would like to propose that we all vote to instate the position of Commander, an individual who will micromanage all coalition forces and with the capability to call upon resources. As the operation develops, and depending on the mandate going forward, we can create new roles to split responsibilities. Thoughts on this? If it's something you would be all in agreement, I think the best move would be to also say who you would be nominating.

Overall objective needs defining, what are all your stances to this? I presume the US is, per your declaration, to put an end to Sadams regime?
The UKs objective at the moment is to save the hostages but is willing to extend that objective to support bringing down the current regime which was the party responsible for the attack in the UK, then the embassy. We are currently reviewing our capabilities in light of that and will be using Cyprus with US and Spanish Troops as the staging area. We will be deploying air force assets there in the coming weeks as a precaution and in preparation for if further operations were to take place."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
In response to the British General's recommendations and questions, Prime Minister Frost had this to say.

"First, I've spoken with Dan Jasper, the Supreme Nordic Commander. Scandinavian forces will be deploying a fleet to the Mediterranean. The purpose of this NORSCOM fleet will be to rescue all civilians and staff at the Swedish embassy in Baghdad. This is still in the planning stages. Dan Jasper has told me that he'd be open to have American, British, and NORSCOM forces possibly working together to liberate the people that belong to our embassies. We are all on the same team after all, and it would likely be better for us to strike at the same time. However, a plan needs to be made. I would like to make it clear that NORSCOM is not getting involved in an armed conflict with Iraq at this time, and is only conducting this operation to rescue everyone from the Swedish embassy.

"With that being said, the same does not go for Norway. As Prime Minister, I can firmly say that the government wants to lend logistical, and armed, support to this allied coalition. I will explain this more in a minute, but to address your original points, General:

"First, I think that it would be most appropriate to either have a British or American commander. I have strong faith in either of your armed forces in making a Coalition Commander.

"In regards to your second point, Norway unfortunately does not have massive ground forces, and most of our ground forces are not mechanized. However, we would like to help the best we can. At this time, I believe we would do best supporting another major force in either Syria or Kuwait. We would be willing to commit the 40th Armored Regiment, which includes 100 tanks and 200 combat vehicles, as well as the 30th, 31st, and 32nd Mechanized Regiments of the Norwegian Army. Finally, we could send the 4th Company of The King's Guard to act as security for Norwegian and coalition commanders on the ground - this is a light infantry company of 200 soldiers. We also have special forces available, but we can discuss that if they become necessary. I will securely send an invoice to all of you to give the specifics of these forces.

"Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Norwegian Royal Navy. We have a number of very capable missile-guided destroyers, missile-guided heavy cruisers, destroyers, and an amphibious assault ship with dozens of helicopters. We would be more than capable, and willing, to using these warships to conduct sweeping missile-attacks on Iraqi airbases and hardened positions. However, I would prefer that we did this in coordination with the United States Navy, seeing as we share similar capabilities. We may also have access to some spy aircraft that would help make our missiles more accurate... but I assume that our American friends may be able to do this themselves and share the data with us? @John

"Thirdly, Norway's objective is two-fold. We must rescue all Scandinavian civilians and staff from the Swedish embassy. AND we wish to support the United Kingdom, the United States, and Spain in retaliating against Iraq. An attack on this magnitude was an attack on our civilization, not just your countries, and we would like to directly help as well as provide logistical support. However, we will help in any way you see fit."

"Finally, General, would it be possible for Norwegian special forces to temporarily base themselves in Cypress? I'm unaware if we're going to need to, but I'd like for us to have the option.

With that, a file was sent to the British General, and the Americans (securely) which detailed the aforementioned troops, specifically their size and what vehicles they had assigned to them:

NORWEGIAN ARMY
30th Mechanized Regiment - 1000 Soldiers
M113A2 - 31
M106A2 - 9
M270 - 13
NASAMS - 3
Combat Vehicle 90 - 45

31st Mechanized Regiment - 1000 Soldiers
M113A2 - 31
M106A2 - 9
M270 - 13
NASAMS - 3
Combat Vehicle 90 - 45

32nd Mechanized Regiment - 1000 Soldiers
M113A2 - 31
M106A2 - 9
M270 - 13
NASAMS - 3
Combat Vehicle 90 - 45

40th Armored Regiment - 1015 Soldiers
NASAMS - 5
Combat Vehicle 90 - 200
Leopard 2A2 - 100

H.M. THE KING'S GUARD
4th Rifle Company - 200 Soldiers

ROYAL NORWEGIAN NAVY
x1 Tarawa-class Amphibious Assault Ship (Plus x19 CH-53E Super Stallion)
x2 Ticonderoga-class Guided Missile Cruisers
x3 Arleigh Burke-class Guided Missile Destroyers
x10 Spruance-class Destroyers
x10 Oslo-class Frigates

@Jamie

Last edited: