STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Scandinavia Summit

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Outstanding," Anthony said as he sat back. "I'm open to any changes either of you would like to make; if not I'm sure that the Storting would ratify the treaty in its current form. I know that our Swedish friends here had the rough idea for NORSCOM. Is the name 'Supreme Nordic Commander' appropriate? When we came up with it, we were thinking of the Supreme Allied Commander from the Second World War, and thought it would be appropriate," he said.
@JamieA
@Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I'm happy with the agreement as is. However similar to the Stockholm Treaty there should be room for amendments to be made within the Chambers whilst the agreement is in motion." continuing she nods as the Norwegian speaks "Supreme Nordic Commander is perfect and definitely within the vision we had for NORSCOM"

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Good, I'm happy to hear that Anthony said in their private meeting between the three representatives. I'm thinking that the permanent headquarters of NORSCOM should be an underground mountain complex somewhere in Norway or Sweden. Like the Concordant says, NORSCOM will include members of all our armed forces who would be stationed there and operating the facilities so that we can share important data in real time. The Norwegian High Command and the Minister of Defense has agreed with me that a mountain complex capable of surviving a nuclear blast, chemical, and biological attacks would be the most optimal route for us to take. Assuming we wanted this mountain complex to be built around the clock and also wanted the highest quality of construction, we estimate that construction costs would range from 2-3-billion krone (dollars). Splitting that between the three of us should be no issue, assuming your Parliaments are up for such a commitment."

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I think for security reasons it's probably advisable to have NORSCOM headquarters in Norway with consideration to the fact the Council Chambers are already housed in Sweden. We need to retain some form of contingency for emergency situations. Are the specification you provide something Norway would be able to meet?"

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Yes, we certainly would be able to meet the standards that need to be met. We have a number of locations that we're looking at - all of which are in rural, rather isolated areas in southern Norway. We could also have auxiliary NORSCOM locations in Sweden and Denmark as well, but this primary location would of course be the most important. But yes, I have spoken with the Prime Minister and Minister of Defense who have made it clear that we are more than capable of hosting the complex. We also..." Anthony contemplated what he was going to say for a few moments, as if he was choosing his words carefully.

"We also, perhaps, may know some people that have some experience in the construction of such projects.. We'll be sure to get in touch with said people, I think they'll be a big help," he concluded vaguely.
"Would the Swedish government have any issue in helping pay for the complex if it is located in Norway? Of course, I imagine we'd all pay an equal portion."

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"There is absolutely no issue with payment being split from the Swedish position - NORSCOM was established with the vision to create unity and safety within the entire Nordic region and thus its oy right that the development of such a command is done with the guidance and support of all the Councils founding members. I can certainly see some smaller scale locations being built for NORSCOM in the future which will allow for the growth of intelligence and defence based projects to flourish across the region; having some estate behind the command will make development much easier and allow for the capacity to expand with future projects."

"I think it's really important to remember that NORSCOM encompasses each and every strand of our armed forces and with contingency in mind I think we should designate primary deployment locations for the three main functions: ground, air and water. These locations maybe being developed to include emergency command suites for localised task forces. If worst comes to worst we will need NORSCOM HQ to have easycontact with the troops on the ground in each of our nations ultimately allowing the rapid dissemination of information, intelligence and order"

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Outstanding," he said in regard to to payment.
"Yes, in a crisis scenario I think it'll be most important to have our Air Forces essentially integrated but, but still having legal sovereign authority over them. If anything, we could all designate a certain number of aircraft and pilots - or we could build new aircraft and train new pilots which we then designate - as exclusively reserved for NORSCOM use. In peace times, this would be very useful so that we could deploy alliance-based fighters to intercept unidentified aircraft or check situations out. And in times of war, we already have the infrastructure and command network to just immediately merge most of our conventional air forces together to mount a defense of Scandinavia. I happen to be a bit of a vexiologist myself, but I was wondering if you have any ideas for a flag that we could use for the Nordic Council? And perhaps a state-flag, or war-flag, version we could use for NORSCOM?"
@Connor

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"These are some ideas we had, but I'd love your input," he said. He opened his suitcase and removed several small demo flags which he put on the desk. "I can't make up my mind."

Flag 1:
111.png

Flag 2:
NORSCOM.png
::::::::::::::::::::::::
555.png

Flag 3:
222.png

Flag 4:
NORSCOM3.png

Flag 5:
NORSCOM4.png

Flag 6:
NORSCOM5.png

Flag 7:
NORSCOM6.png

Flag 8:
NORSCOM7.png

Flag 9:
NORSCOM8.png

Flag 10:
NORSCOM9.png

Flag 11:
NORSCOM10.png

Last edited:

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I am a fan of Flag 4 that very clearly and blatantly encompasses the colours of the Nordic Council - I have made a slight alteration to include the grey chosen as a secondary colour in our house style and have just fallen in love. What do you think?"

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I'd like to raise the possibility of temporarily diminishing the Kingdom of Denmark's position as a founding member and see them, temporarily, as a member state. This will allow the Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway to complete the Stockholm Treaty and ratify the Nordic Concordant ultimately allowing the Nordic Council onto the international stage. Currently, their inability to vote is holding back progress."

@Odinson

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
[Sorry real life got in the way]

"The Kingdom of Denmark is willing to put forward any money towards the building of this complex for the use of our Armed Forces. We are also in agreement that flag 4 would suit our needs for representation of the Nordic Council as well as the flags the Swedish have put forward, it is very hard to.choose"

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"If there are no desired amendments to the Nordic Concordant, we should get it ratified and into effect as soon as possible, especially with raising tension in Europe. I would like to suggest that Norway put forward a nominee for the position of Supreme Nordic Commander within the Nordic Strategic Command (NORSCOM)."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"I would agree with this. I could have a copy brought to the Storting for ratification as soon as possible. I'll have to speak with the Minister of Defense, but I believe there is already someone we have in mind for the Supreme Nordic Commander, so that shouldn't be difficult. If there's no objections, I'm going to head back to Oslo to ensure that it is approved, and the new Norwegian Ambassador to The Nordic Council will take over for me," he noted. If there was no objection, the Foreign Minister would return to Oslo as he said, and the new Nordic Ambassador, who was a young woman around the Foreign Minister's age, stepped inside and introduced herself as Karoline Stormo before joining the other two diplomats at the table.
@Connor
@JamieA

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Excellent - I suppose this moves us on nicely to the next stage of the Stockholm Agreement, Legal Cooperation..."

"Now, before you all quiver in fear of being involved in the international courts for civil matters, fear not. I'm sure none of your nations want to bury yourselves in petty disputes and we certainly wouldn't expect you to however I do believe that any legal matters that arise as a result of enacting any article of the Nordic Concordant should in turn receive full and unconditional support from all member states within the Nordic Council."

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"We agree whole heartily, the Nordic Council regarding legal issues will receive the full support from the Kingdom of Denmark!"

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"That sounds very specific," the Norwegian ambassador said, "but yes, I agree that in principal we should stand with each other when it comes to legal disputes. However, the government has no power over the Chief Justice of the International Court of Justice, Rofle Olhouser. We of course respect his professional and legal opinion, and his right to make the decisions that he thinks are right. Also..." she said as she checked her pager, "I've just been informed that the Storting has ratified The Nordic Concordant. Of course, it will only go into effect one both of your governments have done the same," she said.
@Connor
@JamieA

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"No, no, that's not what I meant." Jessica winces at the thought of manipulating judicial systems "We plan to implement the Nordic Criminal Information Facility, or NCIF for short, will allow us to have a multinational criminal intelligence network in which we can encourage the cooperation of law enforcement and similar agencies"

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Oh!" the young ambassador said with a blush. "Yes, that would be excellent. I also think that we should work out a VISA program that will work for all three of our kingdoms, so that we can have free movement between Sweden, Norway, and Denmark. Would that also be something you are both interested in?"
@Connor
@JamieA

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Denmark feels that a Nordic Criminal Information Facility will benefit the Nordic council as well as our judicial system as this would potentially be one of the first of it's kind, which will show our continuous support for the security of our beloved nations and its civilians." The minister paused before continuing "I say a Visa programme would be an excellent idea, I think this along side an educational programme could suit very well together"

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"A VISA program would be brilliant, on the provision that there is the option for travel restrictions for foreign visitors to be used if necessary, we'd like the option open for every eventuality to prevent threat, harm and risk in the event that a foreign visit serves an independent and isolated risk to any member state. Although, I must stress, that there must be clear and justified reasoning behind travel restrictions."