STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Foreign Minister Baek: "We also approve in Bangkok hosting the political organ of ASEAN+. As you said, aside from symbolism, being present in Bangkok would be a more efficient means of communicating. As for the second item, of Sweden, it is most unfortunate that they spewing these statements regarding Korea. Our relations with Sweden had to our impression been solid following their "outreach to Asia" in the past year. Regardless, I believe Korea's actions will speak profoundly over any words I can say. I hope that their statements have not impacted either of your countries perceptions on Korea. Which, I am happy to address any issues you may believe need to be explained as close partners to Korea. On the Global Assembly matter, Korea will not attempt to sway either of you and respects your national autonomy to make a decision in the interest of your peoples and the global community.

Onto the matter of the proposed agreement with Egypt, Korea would suggest that a common definition of provoking and what aspects, economic, political, cultural, verbally, physical, etc...must be clarified. So too must it clarify what are the territorial boundaries of Egypt covered under the terms of this agreement. These are our humble definitions."

HeadlessSeeker Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
"Since both Vietnam and Korea agree to have Bangkok as a host of an ASEAN Plus political organ, I would have no objection. About Sweden accused Korean. Our Ministry always tries to put ourselves in someone else's shoes to understand their perspective. The Permanent Secretary also E-mail me that he has put himself in Sweden shoes. He agrees with what the Swedish ambassador says, but that to make both communicators understand each other more easily. I can ensure that will not affect our perceptions of Korea. Our perceptions and perspective of other countries will change when we have a meeting discussing all information and communication that we have received. The individual opinion might not be all the same, but we all follow the Ministry's opinion from a meeting result. At Global Assembly, I believe our ambassadors will do their best to do what they have to do.

Korea's suggestion to have a common definition of provoking, and an aspect of economic, political, cultural, verbally, physically, etc is a great idea. I agree that the territorial boundaries of Egypt must be included in the term of this agreement. Can I hear an opinion from Vietnam?"

HeadlessSeeker Jay

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"I agree with the Korean suggestion on the common definition of provoking. On all aspects that were listed off. We should endeavor to work with Egypt to determine the definitions for provocation of each. As one of the first things that ASEAN shall come together to decide on, this is very important. I however would like to add we should list actions that would be considered an act of war. The definitions of which do actually vary wildly from nation to nation, so we should come to a understanding. Hence, a minor infraction could be considered an act of war. Such as a patrol entering into another nation, even if by mistake could be considered an act of war by some nations."

Thomas R. Jones Bossza007 Jay

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
"Great, now two of us agree with Korea's idea. As Vietnam said, we should work with Egypt to determine definitions for provocation of all aspects. What should we add to the list of actions that are considered an act of war? I would suggest an activity in which the military moves to threaten or harm the country. I would like to hear a suggestion from everyone about definitions for provocation of all aspects include what to be considered as an act of war, so we can decide what is the best text to be described in the agreement."

HeadlessSeeker Jay Thomas R. Jones

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"Obviously a threat to harm is a clear choice. However, we should also include things such as unauthorized entry into their airspace and waters. Such as jets flying in in a non accidental matter, and incidents that are not assets simply flying or sailing through using freedom of movement. I am not sure if we should ass my next suggestion, but breaches in cyber security could be considered one. Though a minor threat now, it could be damaging with the increasing reliance on computers and internet."

Bossza007 Jay

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
"Yes, I agree with your suggestion, especially about cyber security. Our country's Internet usage is increasing every year. More than half of our school have at least 40 computers for the student. I believe in the upcoming future. The computer will be a regular electronic device that every house has. I think everyone here knows Twitter. It's pretty favorable for us to publish some small news or our opinion on the worldwide internet. What about your thought, my Korean friend? Is the Internet a big thing in your country? What would you suggest?"

HeadlessSeeker Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Korea's suggestions are for Thailand and Vietnam to consider, our intentions to not commit to an acknowledgment on the ascension of a basic trade principle of Korea, that a party may close its waters without due considerations of international laws in an arbitrary and political manner is one we do not support. We do not believe it is fair for Korea to have any formal weight on your decision given our stance.

We do concur with Vietnam suggestions to incorporate all possible and future areas of possible threat, whether they be physical or digital. The nature of diplomacy and warfare has evolved with the advancements in science and technology. I believe this is of course a good Segway to perhaps address internally ASEAN's plans for further digitalization, modernization, and internet cooperation in the coming years an area where Korea can continue to play a strong role in the development of ASEAN."

HeadlessSeeker Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
"I accept Korea's suggestion." An E-mail was sent to Surin Pitsuwan's laptop regarding Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai's dissolution of the parliament. "My duty as Foreign Minister will end soon. I suggest we should finish this fast. Is there anything else we haven't discussed?"

Jay HeadlessSeeker

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"I believe that we have discussed as much as we can. We should allow our deputies and technical staff to meet and discuss the current situation in a holistic manner and formulate a treaty to be signed. I know there is still more to discuss. We must also wait and allow the new Thai Government to enter into office to ensure the continuity of policies and allow for the new government to review what was said as to avoid a regression in the current talks."

Bossza007 HeadlessSeeker

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
"I agree with Korea. Our deputies and technical staff could meet and discuss what we have discussed. We should well-prepare the information for our assistants for them to formulate a treaty. I will try to talk with my current staff in the ministry to keep track of the ASEAN Plus."

Jay HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"So with all that in mind, do you think we have enough on the table to agree to the signing of a an agreement reform ASEAN and the modified ASEAN Plus? The sooner we have created this entity the sooner we can go from talking about issues, to actually addressing and moving on them. It is good we have however figured out what we want to do and how we plan to go about it, but there is only so much we can discuss it before we need to take action. As mentioned it is best for our technical experts to address the issues of cyber security and the like. With the looming threat of the Y2k bug and other issues it is best we have this organization ready to act on them."

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
"I believe we have enough to sign the agreement. We can discuss anything in Bangkok after we sign the document. We might need to hold a meeting in one of my government meeting rooms first, while the ASEAN building will be constructed. Y2k bug is a big thing. Our country's computer usage is higher and higher. The cost to fix the Y2K bug will cost us a lot."

Jay HeadlessSeeker

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
The Minister for Foreign Affairs, Kevin Rudd would quickly jet out from Canberra on a charter flight to Hanoi to be at the ASEAN+ summit in time for the signing. The Australian Embassy in Hanoi would arrange transport for Mr. Rudd as he arrived at the airport. Once disembarking the plane he would shake hands with the Ambassador and make his way into the car and would drive to the State Guest House, where he would go into the conference room and join in on the ASEAN+ meeting.

"Sorry for the tardiness... a slight change in Government and in policy direction. I hope you don't mind but I would like to be brought up to speed with what we've discussed already."

Jay HeadlessSeeker Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
"Welcome to the meeting, mister Kevin Rudd. We have discussed what the original ASEAN was. We talked about the principle of the ASEAN, Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in Southeast Asia, the Asian Free Trade Area that applies for goods and services produced or provided by members of the Free Trade Area under unified rules of origin. We also discussed a trade area. I believe we have agreed to form the political organ of ASEAN+ in Bangkok. I think this is what I can summarize. We discussed a lot of matters. Ah, We also discussed our opinion on the Global situation. I believe Vietnam and Korea's perspectives will stay the same after the meeting, but I don't know if Thailand's opinion will still be the same. If I am still the Foreign Minister after the election, I might review the policy. Do you guys think my summarize is okay? I want Australia to know what we have discussed, but there are a lot."

HeadlessSeeker Jay Owen

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Surin Pitsuwan received an email regarding his appointment to be the minister of ASEAN Affairs by the new Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.
"So, everyone. I got great news via email. Thaksin Shinawatra, my new prime minister, appointed me to be the ASEAN affairs minister. We haven't declared yet about the ASEAN, but I believe we can continue the meeting. I see both of you. I mean, Vietnam and Korea have been quiet for a while now. Let me know your thought."

HeadlessSeeker Jay Owen

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"More or less that is what we have discussed in total. The creation of a political organ was a major point of interest as it will greatly affect our ability to cooperate. If I may ask, where would Australia see itself within the ASEAN+ model? One focus we have discussed is the development of ASEAN and ASEAN+ members. As I am aware Australia is already considered developed, and unlike Korea does not have areas that require development for full integration. How much would Australia want to cooperate with that focus of ASEAN? We have other focuses as well of course. We also discussed matters on the suez canal."

Bossza007 Owen Jay

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Of course, one of our main policy objectives is the development of Asian and Pacific neighbours. We would be delighted to participate in such matters. We have already made promises to contribute to the development of North Korea and in due course, the Government of Korea and others will see our plan for that area. Right now, security concerns are kind of swamping us. Straight after being elected we're hitting the ground running on the Middle East and on Sweden. Unfortunately, there's no rest for the wicked. Speaking of.... Saudi Arabia's King has put out a tweet saying they are deploying three Udaloy-class Destroyers to assist Turkey. Another step in a growing number of escalations. As you mentioned the Suez Canal, we think it needs to be restricted... immediately. I don't think Egypt should be allowing Saudi Arabia to transit through the canal to attack a country.... Israel... that has done nothing to provoke these aggressions."

HeadlessSeeker Jay Bossza007 Thomas R. Jones

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
"Australia's central policy is excellent news for me. Developing our nation in the Asia sphere will make us more united and more potent. We have always been under European power in the past. The best is that this development can start an Asian ear! The majority of what is happening right now is far from us. But, it can be extended to ASEAN if more countries commencement to join. We, Thailand already, have around 800 well-trained personnel in South Africa. It already suffers from a continuous supply of more than 5,000 people a day. In the middle east, our relationship with them is neutral or maybe a bit down. We have a travel ban to the Middle East. We need to assist our citizens in the region. If Turkey and Saudi attack Israel. It will be a big issue that affects our world. We should know both sides' situations and relationships deeply before making any decision. But if we decide to participate in the middle east, we need to discuss closing a canal. And it will continue our ASEAN Plus summit again."

HeadlessSeeker Jay Owen Thomas R. Jones

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"I firstly wish to welcome the Thai Minister of ASEAN Affairs. I look forward to opening dialogue with the Thai Government regarding Korea's continued opposition to Thailand's complicit activities in the occupation of South Africa, one which we will do so through bilateral channels. The Republic of Korea welcomes the addition of Australia into the wider Asian-Pacific community and hops that Australia's involvement will be one of positive, mutually beneficial, and growing relations. Not one of self-interested policies, acting on behest of other parties, and prioritizing the needs of non-regional peoples over that of the Asian and Pacific peoples.

With this in mind, we belief that the Government of Australia is bringing ASEAN into a geopolitical calamity which is neither of our concern nor of importance. We must stick towards the basic goals of the ASEAN+ Model, that of trade and commerce. As such, we do not believe that this is the proper time to discuss the situation in the Middle East. A discussion which to our stance is the cause of decades of injustices and crimes against the Palestinian people exacerbated by settler policies by an oppressive Israeli State which uproot and destroy the national aspirations of the Palestinian people.

The forum of inviting Egypt and Australia must not turn ASEAN into a forum that associates us into the consequences of foreign actors in external regions. Korea's basic position on the free and navigable channels of the Suez Cannel is unchanged and any changes to this basic policy of Korea will not be considered. I reaffirm the statements of our Vietnamese counterparts which outlined the notes of this session. The initial proposal of a draft treaty to replace the previous ASEAN Charter, the expansion of ASEAN to an ASEAN+ model, and two new organs, a political organ headquartered in Bangkok and a technological organ headquartered in Seoul.

Regardless, our priorities should be aimed at a formal and final draft treaty to be completed and to not prolong this session beyond its required scope. Should the situation begin to threaten the maritime and economic interests of ASEAN, we do believe that at such a point, it would be prudent for ASEAN to meet to discuss the situation. We have already witnesses the change in governments of two of the five present members, with elections expected in Korea within a years time. The continued sidetracking of this summit continues to undermine the credibility of a lasting solution to be found. One which postpones the required treaties on an Asian Free Trade Agreement, an Asian Development Bank, an Asian Maritime Cooperation Framework, and other multilateral treaties that enhance our member states' cooperation and development.

HeadlessSeeker Thomas R. Jones Bossza007 Owen

Last edited:

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II