STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Coalition Communications Center

SM99

Junior
Feb 10, 2020
Classified and Encrypted

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia would request to join the call. The House of Saud views Saddam Hussein as a major threat to the entire region and the Kingdom, and this conflict directly affect Saudi Arabia.

In a separate classified and encrypted message to the United States, the House of Saud would be open to a US staging force placed in the Kingdom. However the King has concerns about the number of forces involved and would like to discuss these terms.

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The American screen had went dark for a moment, before it came back on. This time General Shalikashvili was sat looking at the members of the call. "I'm sorry for being so late gentlemen." He looked down at the notes the President had taken, before speaking on again "I would like to recommend that a British General take overall command, however, I would like to make the suggestion that rather than waiting on the Operation to develop - we create specific commands now to avoid confusion. I'd like to put forward this list:
  • Supreme Allied Commander
  • Deputy Supreme Allied Commander
  • Ground Forces Commander
  • Air Force Commander-in-Chief
  • Naval Forces Commander

This is just a temporary list, as more commands can be added through this discussion.

And yes, our stance is to put an end to the Sadam Regime and help install a democratic system.

We would be more than willing to accept the assistance of the Royal Norwegian Navy in our operations. Our strike group is currently steaming towards the Syrian Coast where we will begin operations against the Iraqi Regime, if Norway is willing to deploy their ships there, we will make arrangements to accommodate them (@Odinson). We have also received a message from the Saudi government offering their assistance and their request to join this call."

With that, the Saudi's request to join the call would be accepted @SM99

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
The Prime Minister of Australia, Paul Keating, would request to join the call based on Australia's stance against the Saddam Hussein regime and the role it played in the First Gulf War along with the concerns it has for the Australian Embassy in Baghdad and Kuwait City.

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"As stated by the Norwegian, we would also support an American or British Commandeer - two of the most experienced countries in this call who's experience and tactics are paramount to the success of this operation. We also wish to end the regime of Sadam Hussein after it has rescued embassy staff and any civilians in Iraq, we need to bring justice for the cowardly attacks in Madrid. Spain has found the location of one of the suspects and our law enforcement has launched an operation to apprehend him.

Spain supports the roles suggested by the United States delegation and if possible, we would like to nominate Air General Javier Salto as Air Force Commander-in-Chief who boasts a wide range of experience and his experience working in the Middle East would be valuable."

Pedro Sánchez invites the Australian Prime Minister to the call on an encrypted line upon hearing their request to join the call. @Owen

SM99

Junior
Feb 10, 2020
Classified and encrypted

Saudi Chief of General Staff would attend to the call on behalf of the Crown Prince. Before speaking he would review the notes of the speech.

"Greetings gentlemen. On behalf of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, we share your interest in taking down the Saddam regime.

Before I dive in further, his Majesty would like to know more information on this coalition. Who is in charge? What are the exact goals? As I said, it is in our best interests to take down the Saddam regime. The Kingdom is willing to support any entities involved in this conflict. I would also like to inform you that we have contacted previously known individuals and groups based in Iraq that we supported during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Are the members of this coalition interested in using the Iraqi masses against the regime? This region is predominantly full fo devout Muslims. The Ulema of Saudi Arabia have declared a Holy War against Saddam. We could potentially use this to our advantage.

The degree of our involvement is dependent on this information. We feel that this coalition should have the sole purpose of taking down Saddam. Our only condition is that the major players who have a say in shaping the future of Iraq (i.e installing a new government) include the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other regional players. With all due respect, we know this region and its people.

If Saudi Arabia were to be involved, it would not include a Saudi Military intervention. We are open to having the American forces stationed in Saudi Arabia. I mentioned earlier about the potential of supporting those who take up arms. If that comes to fruition, the Kingdom is more than happy to manage that area of this conflict.

On another note, has your American Navy had any issues crossing through the Suez?"

@John @Jamie

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Dr. Frost, the Norwegian Prime Minister, chimed in again, in response to what the Americans said.
"I don't think all of those positions are necessary, assuming we have a competent Supreme Allied Commander. Perhaps just: Supreme Allied Commander, Deputy Allied Commander, and Allied Grand Admiral? For these positions, I'd support:
Supreme Allied Commander: United Kingdom
Deputy Allied Commander: United States
Allied Grand Admiral: United States."
@John
@Jamie

In response to the Saudis, Dr. Frost had this to say, "Egypt has made their neutrality clear, meaning that military vessels will not be able to cross the Suez Canal."
@SM99

SM99

Junior
Feb 10, 2020
"We are aware of the Egyptian neutrality and have been in contact with them in an attempt to persuade the importance of taking down Saddam Hussein. However some of the Egyptian viewpoints are shared by us. As I mentioned above, this coalition will have our support if it ensures that its goal is to take down Saddam. The process for the future of Iraq should be controlled by regional powers. A western installed democracy will further destabilize this region."

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
President Talia Manischewitz would be the one in charge of discussing Israeli interests and would be the only one that the other leaders would see. Meanwhile, unseen and unheard by all of those within the call, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu would be secretly taking notes of the conversation on behalf of his President.

"Good evening, everyone. My apologies for being tardy." President Talia would open the folder that sat beside her and she would begin going through the pages. "Israel is currently in no danger from the Iraqi forces, however, they showed no hesitance during the Gulf War to launch Scud missiles on Israel and I believe that they have something very similar planned. While Israel has the proper defenses this time, we will not sit around and wait for them to launch more missiles on our people." The woman would continue flipping through the papers. "With that said, I stand with the Saudi Chief of Staff that this is a delicate situation. Yes, Iraq has performed terrorist acts against various nations, acts that can only be responded to with war. But those who instigated and performed these acts are not the citizens nor the low ranking troops of their armed forces, the master minds behind these acts were Saddam Hussein, his family, and the highest ranking members of his government and we should focus all of our intentions in ending this war on them. The goal of this coalition should not be to bring down Iraq but to rescue the hostages taken by the Iraqis and bring those responsible to justice.

I propose that we combine our special forces and use them to infiltrate Iraq while the Coalition troops focus the Iraqis on the Syrian and Kuwaiti borders. Our combined forces rescue the hostages and bring them to safety. I suggest, afterwards, that with combined reconnaissance that we locate Hussein and members of his family and government. If we strip his government piece by piece his regime will quickly fall apart and we will be able to end this war without more unnecessary bloodshed than needed. And to assure peace in the region, I highly suggest that the Coalition leaves Iraq and allows its citizens to choose their next government through their own elections without Western influence. As the Saudi Chief of Staff stated, a Western democracy will only leave the region unstable and open to more terrorist acts and organizations to take root under the pretense of defeating Western Influence.

If we can agree on this, then as the President of Israel, I will offer you our full military and diplomatic support, including Mossad."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Unless any objections or further votes, the decision to implement a commander all around seems to be one preferred and one that seems to want a UK or US led coalition. With that in mind, I'd like to propose a joint lead over the coalition between the UK and US to divert all resources in the region accordingly. If there are no objections and all those in this coalition are happy with that, myself and the US Generals can discuss the plan further. We can then re-assess depending on the amount of forces we are working with to determine whether additional roles are required. I would also like to thank those that have given us the information on what they are able to commit and what their ultimate goal is. It seems that everyone is on the same, or a similar track of two main objectives:

i) Locating and rescuing the embassy staff that have been ceased or stranded in Iraq.

ii) The removal of Saddam Hussein's regime.
In regards to the second point, I am in agreement with the representatives who spoke of allowing a fair installation of a new government. There should not be any outside party deciding what government is installed in Iraq, this should be something the people can choose safely. If all are in agreement?

I believe we should have a third objective of helping those in the surrounding countries affected by this. Syria and Kuwait are both needing assistance on their borders. The question for Cyprus would be answered directly to Prime Minister Frost, "We are happy to allow the use of RAF Akrotiri for Norwegian Special Forces. It's currently home of Spanish, British and American Operators too. We will just need an inventory for what you are deploying there to ensure we have the space given this will be the UK's staging point." @Odinson . Finally, to clarify the British Governments stance. Our Prime Minister has confirmed that the UK will be in support of both the objectives to locate and rescue the staff, and then support the removal of the current Iraq Regime."

Japan would be invited to the call. @Suvorov

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Spain currently shares the above views, we want to rescue our diplomatic staff and then and only then, remove the brutal regime of Saddam Hussein to ensure the stability of the Middle East and to ensure this does not happen again. We also agree that the Iraqi people should choose their next government and I would like to offer the suggestion of international observers observing the next Iraqi election to ensure it is a fair election and nobody close to the current regime can influence or rig the election to their advantage.

Spain is looking to commit around 3,000 troops and various air and naval assets and our deployment list will be finalised shortly."

@Jamie

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
With the ongoing situation in Iraq raising in intensity and now putting the Swedish Embassy at risk, the Prime Minister of Sweden Stefan Löfven requests to join the call - this comes following the NORSCOM Emergency Meeting. Equally, an emergency briefing is summoned in the Executive Office of the Prime Minister of Sweden in which the National Economic Council and National Security Council are called to support and advise on the situation.

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I agree with the objectives set forth by the British. We currently have a force of around 14,000 troops on standby ready to deploy" A noise would be heard behind the camera in General Shalikashvili's office, before a hand appeared on camera - handing the General a note. He opened it up, reading it before looking to the screen. "Gentlemen, I would like to confirm that the US Navy has conducted an operation which saw the launch of sixteen Tomahawk missiles towards two Iraqi airbases. The missiles were confirmed to hit, and we have unconfirmed reports that one of airbases has been made combat ineffective"

Sweden would be invited to the call.

SM99

Junior
Feb 10, 2020
"Are the Americans still interested in staging in Saudi Arabia? Our Military at this time cannot deal with any action from Saddam. We would be willing to give you the Al-Jawf airbase temporarily. This would also help us incase Saddam invaded."

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Prime Minister of Sweden Stefan Löfven, along with his team of advisers, join the call and begin taking notes on the coalitions efforts to resolve the conflict in Iraq and how Sweden can play a role. The focus remaining to be the efforts to resolve the threat towards the Swedish Embassy.

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Yes, we are interested in staging in Saudi Arabia. However we may need more than one airbase as we plan to position a large force for the invasion."

SM99

Junior
Feb 10, 2020
"I have sent you a list of airbases available for you."

The following attachment would be sent to the American, and him only.

saudi-airbase.gif

@John

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Spain is deploying around 3,000 personnel and various ground and air assets. Would the Saudi Arabian government allow us access to Al-Jawf Air Base and allow us to use it as a temporary staging point?"

@SM99

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Inspector General of the Royal Prussian Army, Navy and Air Force would all be present in the call, however the Inspector General of the Army would take the lead role in the call, leaving the other Generals to silently give their opinions to the General of the Army.

"I thank you for answering the Prussian request to join the call. I have been given full authority by Herr Chancellor and the Kaiser of Prussia to take lead role in theses communications on their behalf. I transmit to you that Prussia as sizeable forces to deploy in Kuwait to help push back the Iraqi Forces from its territory. We are able to deploy up to 3 Brigades of totaling around 8 000 Prussian Troops, 60 Battle Tanks, 100 Artillery along side their air complement which includes attack and transport helicopters. We can also deploy 2 Frigates, 2 Destroyers and 2 Submarines into the gulf to act as support. We however still lack the capability to transport them, we did ordered a few transport ships from the US Defence but we haven't gotten any word from the US government, however we understand that it may be a low priority at this point."

@John @Jamie

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren